Lucky Bear's Den - Long Beach Weekly Sessions :: Next session 3/11

Comments

• BakaSan03BakaSan03 aka TheGenuisMasher , Lame Joined: Posts: 10
    Yooooooooo Tape-Bot you gotta make it out cause im coming for you! Hopefully someday soon my Spencer > your Spencer o.O
    MvC3 : Task, Wesker, Spencer. SSF4 : M. Bison. Ult. Marvel 3 Task, Vergil / Nova, Wesker SxT : King, Bison
  • Tape-botTape-bot y'all dig? Joined: Posts: 278
    lol hey just bring it on dude and i'll make sure to mind fuck you each time. ain't no biggy xD
    "You can't do the Dutch Rudder to yourself. It defeats the purpose. Its no fun." - Joe (Lovepig)
  • lukybearlukybear Let's get Long Beach GOING! Joined: Posts: 241
    Gahaha I can't even hang in marvel with you guys :( my team needs work, hopefully I can mass produce some synergy in UMVC til then I'm gonna keep pluggin away with my crappy teams ahaha.
    Hosting weekly sessions in Long Beach! Punch Face Time!
    -->Check me out on twitter, and youtube Google: ThatLuckyBear
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So the session is Saturday this week right? I am gonna try to make it, how late do you guys play until?

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    We go as late as we can really, usually dies out around like 11 or midnight.
  • strider86strider86 Aladdins castle/shgl Joined: Posts: 531
    i would like to attend today's session sir.
    UMVC3: Nova Dorm Strider/Mag Vergil Sentinel player
    Injustice: DeathStroke/Flash/Catwoman
  • ll.ndll.nd Joined: Posts: 431
    ^me too!
  • Shawn1Shawn1 Joined: Posts: 5
    ^^ me too
    Good shit! Looking forward to seeing you guys here. Things are looking good for the session today. Your PM's are already in your inbox. Text me if you have any trouble finding the place!
    Gotta do some studying for my upcoming studio sessions but will def make it out tonight...
    i'll be there today after i'm off work. so like around 9ish i shall be there
    "You can't do the Dutch Rudder to yourself. It defeats the purpose. Its no fun." - Joe (Lovepig)
    Awesome! See you when you arrive guys!
  • Shawn1Shawn1 Joined: Posts: 5
    how are late r u guys goin ?
    GGs to everyone i played against. sorry i wasn't much of a fight since work drain my soul and energy away xD. thanks for hosting as always lukybear
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ggs everyone

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • crushingyencrushingyen Joined: Posts: 118
    Hey, I saw this group and I was wondering if there's a place that this community meets on a daily basis. I'm currently a Masters student here at CSULB and I came from UCLA's fighting game community for SSF4:AE. Hopefully I can meet you guys and we can get something happening - I wanna be able to get myself out there to CSULB's community.
    Next session is Saturday @ 3pm Tournament Registering ends @ 6pm (to allot enough time to finish) I will be working on setting up a bootleg stream of the main setup, but I don't have much time so I'll probably fail, I will be recording matches at least!

Hey crushingyen, I'll pm you. We're basically hosting about 1/4 of the Long Beach scene here I'd say, but we only meet weekly...

Awesome session last week everyone, thanks for coming out!

@Tier-Bot: no worries, I said hi to my hot neighbor for you. Come again this Saturday if you can, its gonna be hype!!
    @SteveWilly: Awesome to have you. A rare but always salt inducing treat, you need to start practicing again so you can tear us all down.
    @everyone else: Thanks for coming, Next week we're going to do a free dry run tournament with first prize being bragging rights. I fully expect everyone to do their best and hopefully we get it going. Check the first page for more tourney info, and post to tell me if you can help. This will be new for me, wish me luck.
    tier bot? lol that's funny hahaha. All i gotta say is that LUKYBEAR is hidding on some 2 hot fucking neighbors xD.
    i'll forsure make it out this saturday again but i'll be coming around the same time since i have work =/ so i can't join the tournament even if i want tooo.....oh wells
    Yeah it sucks but I will start running sessions on different days of the week again. I might try Friday if I get the day off. So far Saturday is all I've got right now. Also hot neighbors, I've got that too.
  • BasiliskFangBasiliskFang Joined: Posts: 36
    long beach sucks ahahahahaha
    Hahaha, come and show us how its done!
    lol you suck too, 990 is the gayest address, stupid fucking ryu poster on the wall.
    Hahaha. Quit trolling and go level up.
    i woulda beat yo ass if the blue wire was there.
    There's always next time, don't forget I don't even play 3rd Strike. I won't expose you in front of all these people, but troll elsewhere please. =P
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,394
    Luky you have the date as 8/3 in the title.

Also I need to decide if I'll come here or to 2gg, overlapping times
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    I'll try to drop by after Cod Xp if time and or girlfriend permits. haha
  • jtrgmrjtrgmr Joined: Posts: 472
    I've been meaning to check this place out. I'll try to drop by after 2gg.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
    Always willing to play puzzle games!
    Good shit! Thanks Verserius. I don't see why you can't do both. We run pretty late so we'll still be here when 2gg winds down. I start early but nobody shows up til 5pm+ anyways. Come through!!

@jtrgmr, nice! Always good to have a new face! Say hi to the 2gg guys for me. Tell them I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Shit sucks, but that's life!
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,788
    so saturday again this week? Ill see if i can make it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    @pedoviejo nice dude. I tried to get ahold of you earlier this week but I didn't get through. Text me or PM me here with your e-mail so I can add you to the LBCC club! Also if anyone else here is a LBCC student let me know!
  • nzgcnzgc Joined: Posts: 259
    Hey, I saw this group and I was wondering if there's a place that this community meets on a daily basis. I'm currently a Masters student here at CSULB and I came from UCLA's fighting game community for SSF4:AE. Hopefully I can meet you guys and we can get something happening - I wanna be able to get myself out there to CSULB's community.

Really hope people can make it to the CSULB 2gg tourney and this.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?conversations/9-3-11-2gg-3-1-csulb-long-beach-ca-free-nos-3rd-strike.322383/

Long Beach gonna defend the home turf already. Airtola and Ves can't do it alone. Need the people from these sessions to attend too!
  • JudotripJudotrip Joined: Posts: 105
    AE player here, can I get some info? :)
    sorta goes like this: AE readily playable on X360, area is northish long beach, sticks/PS3s are welcomed to be brought, i think there are set ups for at least 4 games at once.

I think that's pretty much it for now, that's what i was told/observed last week.
    @Judotrip whats up man? I'll throw you a PM in a little bit. For the most part just come on by and kick some ass !
    *reminder bump* session today! Come through, bring sticks strength and what-have you! Let's level up! (Also I could use a little food if you can bring something for me to nibble on that'd be radical. Lol)
    i'll bring you those hot dog buns :)
    Dope! See you when you get here. Gonna start working on setting up a stream in a bit. I have recording setup already.
    too bad u cant do 2 :P
    won't be able to make it today D:
    next time forsure
    No worries man. I think were gonna be doin Thursday again nexxt time cuz I'm not scheduled to work. See you then!
    **UPDATE BUMP**

Thanks to everyone who made it out last time! I know we had a thin crowd but we we're competing with the 2GG event going on at the time. I'd have rescheduled but I only have 1 day off a week right now. Regardless it was a success, so thanks to everyone!

This Thursday (9/8/11) we're going to do it again! This week we've got 1$ buy-in Tournaments for AE and MVC3, winner take all. Registration is cutoff at 7pm because I cant go horribly late so show up early if you want to play. Sorry to all my late-comers but until I have more experience with the tournament stuff I have to do it this way! =/

Hopefully since there isn't much going on Thursdays we'll have a good turnout. Spread the word and lets make our first tournament hype!! See you there!
    I'M OFF THURSDAY WOOO~
    Ohh yeaah. Tier-Bot in the house. Looks like we've got a ringer for 1st place mavrel 3! Good luck though I'm gonna put you in the losers bracket >=D see you at the top.
  • Vincient WiseVincient Wise VinSapient Joined: Posts: 51
    Is it okay you pm the address? I think I might be pretty close.
    lol i ain't a tier guy xD
    @Vincient: PM away!! Hope to see you there!
    @Tier-Bot: And you're not gay!!
  • angelapicklesangelapickles Joined: Posts: 12
    Hello, I am interested in attending the tournament tomorrow. Come you please pm me the address in the info? Thank you.
  • angelapicklesangelapickles Joined: Posts: 12
    Since I am interested in getting more CSULB fighting game players together... here is a link that AndyOCR created last semester for students and alumni to communicate with each other about meetups:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/csulb-49ers-ssf4-mvc3-all-other-fighting-game-related-businesses.125700/page-4

Please do check it out and definitely come by the stix lounge! Last week we have about 10 people come by and play AE.