Lucky Bear's Den - Long Beach Weekly Sessions :: Next session 3/11

Comments

• lukybearlukybear Let's get Long Beach GOING! Joined: Posts: 241
    Wow what a session. Shit was out of control yesterday! Thanks to everyone who came and kicked ass! We had a pretty huge turnout yesterday and I hope we build on the momentum and get it even bigger next week! I'm gonna put the work in and open up that extra room and I'll move one of the couches there. That way we'll have a lot more room. (hopefully I'll actually do it... its a lot more work than it looks like.) I don't know what day the next session will be but I'll find out very soon, just waiting to get my work schedule! Everyone who can add me on xbox live. "lukybear"
    Hosting weekly sessions in Long Beach! Punch Face Time!
    -->Check me out on twitter, and youtube Google: ThatLuckyBear
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finally back from vacation, should be able to get some sessions in

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • nzgcnzgc Joined: Posts: 260
    thanks to all that came from our last Long Beach event.

Final one is this saturday!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-20-2011-2gg-season-2-finale-csulb-ca-free-nos-drinks-expo-pass-long-beach-california.137213/

A lot of people here also live in or near long beach so don't forget to get some free expo passes from us this sat! The expo is at Long Beach Convention Center

Long Beach scene is growing so fat. Woot
    Update Bump!! We're gonna do it again! I wanted to do Friday but I've gotta work so its Thursday again! I've been hammered down with school + life + minecraft so I haven't cleaned out the back room yet. I'm hoping next week goes a little more my way. I'll be practicing for the above tourney so if anyone has matchup tips for me PLEASE don't keep them to yourself! See you guys Thursday and as always, keep it hype!!!
  • AirtolaAirtola Seas: Protected Joined: Posts: 67
    tips, hmm...Don't run into the King of Long Beach if your playing Marvel ;)
    How come I've never heard of you lukybear!? I had no idea there were tournaments out here in Long Beach aside from 2GG
    @Airtola
    Team: Hulk/Nemesis T-Type/Taskmaster
    PSN: Airtola
    "Don't get hit. That's right. Don't get hit. If you've got 1.2m health, don't get hit. If you've got 650k health, don't get hit. If you get hit, don't get hit. Just don't get hit. If you get hit in Marvel, die quickly. That's right. You're going to die quickly if you get hit." - DefaultCamera
    Chances are its cuz I've yet to actually run a tourney. I've been stoking the flames of the Long Beach scene for only a little while (maybe a year?) So I'm reletively new to the scene. Come on by today if you can. I'm running sessions weekly, cross promoting with 2GG and all that trying to get the players here offline and in house, for general leveling and saltyness. Come show us your skills!!
  • AyoChipAyoChip Joined: Posts: 536
    Sorry I didn't show man
    No worries dude. It was an epic session though. We had about 10 or so come and go throughout the night and lots of salt. SALT. It was awesome, everyone that showed up was at least 10 levels above me so I got a headache playing so hard. Also David, Alex get special thanks for providing some soda + pizza for everyone. Thanks guys! Don't miss next week though its sure to be better than ever. Also we're gonna give friday night a shot this time around to make it a little better for everyone all around.
    ** Update Bump **

I got called up yesterday they need me to work Thursday and Friday this week! Session moved to Saturday! Sorry if this is inconvenient for anyone.. and you're welcome if its better for anyone. Haha, feedback is appreciated, and sorry again for the switching around!!
  • Tape-botTape-bot y'all dig? Joined: Posts: 278
    hopefully i work in the morning or don't work at all. if either happens ill be down to go
    "You can't do the Dutch Rudder to yourself. It defeats the purpose. Its no fun." - Joe (Lovepig)
  • BakaSan03BakaSan03 aka TheGenuisMasher , Lame Joined: Posts: 10
    Yooooooooo Tape-Bot you gotta make it out cause im coming for you! Hopefully someday soon my Spencer > your Spencer o.O
    MvC3 : Task, Wesker, Spencer. SSF4 : M. Bison. Ult. Marvel 3 Task, Vergil / Nova, Wesker SxT : King, Bison
    lol hey just bring it on dude and i'll make sure to mind fuck you each time. ain't no biggy xD
    "You can't do the Dutch Rudder to yourself. It defeats the purpose. Its no fun." - Joe (Lovepig)
    Gahaha I can't even hang in marvel with you guys :( my team needs work, hopefully I can mass produce some synergy in UMVC til then I'm gonna keep pluggin away with my crappy teams ahaha.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So the session is Saturday this week right? I am gonna try to make it, how late do you guys play until?

e$ports
    We go as late as we can really, usually dies out around like 11 or midnight.
  • strider86strider86 Aladdins castle/shgl Joined: Posts: 531
    i would like to attend today's session sir.
    UMVC3: Nova Dorm Strider/Mag Vergil Sentinel player
    Injustice: DeathStroke/Flash/Catwoman
  • ll.ndll.nd Joined: Posts: 431
    ^me too!
  • Shawn1Shawn1 Joined: Posts: 5
    ^^ me too
    Good shit! Looking forward to seeing you guys here. Things are looking good for the session today. Your PM's are already in your inbox. Text me if you have any trouble finding the place!
    Gotta do some studying for my upcoming studio sessions but will def make it out tonight...
    i'll be there today after i'm off work. so like around 9ish i shall be there
    Awesome! See you when you arrive guys!
  • Shawn1Shawn1 Joined: Posts: 5
    how are late r u guys goin ?
    GGs to everyone i played against. sorry i wasn't much of a fight since work drain my soul and energy away xD. thanks for hosting as always lukybear
    ggs everyone

e$ports
  • crushingyencrushingyen Joined: Posts: 118
    Hey, I saw this group and I was wondering if there's a place that this community meets on a daily basis. I'm currently a Masters student here at CSULB and I came from UCLA's fighting game community for SSF4:AE. Hopefully I can meet you guys and we can get something happening - I wanna be able to get myself out there to CSULB's community.
    Next session is Saturday @ 3pm Tournament Registering ends @ 6pm (to allot enough time to finish) I will be working on setting up a bootleg stream of the main setup, but I don't have much time so I'll probably fail, I will be recording matches at least!

Hey crushingyen, I'll pm you. We're basically hosting about 1/4 of the Long Beach scene here I'd say, but we only meet weekly...

Awesome session last week everyone, thanks for coming out!

@Tier-Bot: no worries, I said hi to my hot neighbor for you. Come again this Saturday if you can, its gonna be hype!!
    @SteveWilly: Awesome to have you. A rare but always salt inducing treat, you need to start practicing again so you can tear us all down.
    @everyone else: Thanks for coming, Next week we're going to do a free dry run tournament with first prize being bragging rights. I fully expect everyone to do their best and hopefully we get it going. Check the first page for more tourney info, and post to tell me if you can help. This will be new for me, wish me luck.
    tier bot? lol that's funny hahaha. All i gotta say is that LUKYBEAR is hidding on some 2 hot fucking neighbors xD.
    i'll forsure make it out this saturday again but i'll be coming around the same time since i have work =/ so i can't join the tournament even if i want tooo.....oh wells
    Yeah it sucks but I will start running sessions on different days of the week again. I might try Friday if I get the day off. So far Saturday is all I've got right now. Also hot neighbors, I've got that too.
  • BasiliskFangBasiliskFang Joined: Posts: 36
    long beach sucks ahahahahaha
    Hahaha, come and show us how its done!
    lol you suck too, 990 is the gayest address, stupid fucking ryu poster on the wall.
    Hahaha. Quit trolling and go level up.
    i woulda beat yo ass if the blue wire was there.
    There's always next time, don't forget I don't even play 3rd Strike. I won't expose you in front of all these people, but troll elsewhere please. =P
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    Luky you have the date as 8/3 in the title.

Also I need to decide if I'll come here or to 2gg, overlapping times
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    I'll try to drop by after Cod Xp if time and or girlfriend permits. haha
  • jtrgmrjtrgmr Joined: Posts: 472
    I've been meaning to check this place out. I'll try to drop by after 2gg.
    Don't mind me, I'm just here.
    Working on UMvC3 tricks!
    Always willing to play puzzle games!
    Good shit! Thanks Verserius. I don't see why you can't do both. We run pretty late so we'll still be here when 2gg winds down. I start early but nobody shows up til 5pm+ anyways. Come through!!

@jtrgmr, nice! Always good to have a new face! Say hi to the 2gg guys for me. Tell them I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Shit sucks, but that's life!
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    so saturday again this week? Ill see if i can make it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.