Official SRK Ultra SF4 Rebalance Request Thread

GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria CuramJoined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
edited January 3 in Ultra Street Fighter IV
EDIT: 10/26/2013 Changed thread title to Ultra SF4 (it was AE before) to reflect requests for the current game (Ultra). Combofiend, Ono, Et.al, seem to be listening to the community so I'd guess now is the time to make your voice heard. Also, for those that can, go to as many location tests as possible. (still waiting on dates for those tests)

on to changes I want in Ultra:
most of the changes I've wanted seem to be addressed but here goes anyway:

- Bison sounds like he's getting is QCF U2 motion back. (so happy about this change alone)
- I'd also like Bison st. HK to go back to Super status. No disjointed hitbox and full damage no matter where it connects.
- Guile sounds like he's getting buffed which should be nice. I'd personally like him to have his meter gain from Booms in Super back
- Guile st.df.HK whiffs on crouching characters, please fix this.
- Make Poison good? (lol I hope)
- Give Vega a "get the fuck off me move" invlu frames on ST? makes cosmic heel better and allow combo into Ultra off of it when hitting a grounded
opponent. (a boy can dream!)

dream changes:

- Personally I'd like for ALL characters to have at least one move that hits overhead.
- Taunts do stuff ala 3S
- Guard meter and thus guard breaks.
edit: - Raise damage across the board ~20%

Since Ono announced that there will now offically be a rebalance of SSF4:AE let's discuss changes we's like to see.(Since a thread like this now makes sense.) STAY ON TOPIC.

(The following are things I want and are NOT representative of the community)

Vega --
- invulnerability frames on Scarlet Terror.
- Combo into Ultra from Cosmic heel (this would justify the neg. frames in AE)
- Better recovery on overhead.
Bison --
- Faster Psycho Crusher
- Ability to cross up with devils reverse/more air mobility
- Change Ultra 2 back to motion input so it is a threat again. (decrease damage if you have to)
Ibuki --
- Fix Her target Combos so they don't whiff on crouching characters (shotos, blanka, ect al)
- Give back Kunai damage
- cr.LK to 3 frames
Fei Long --
- Return him to Super status, he didn't need all the buffs in AE, he was already great.
Ryu --
- Make him master of the fireball again (like ST) he's been nerfed so much he needs buffs now.
- Fast fireballs shuould be faster and slow firballs should be slower.
- He should have sonic boom like recovery making his fireball game something to be feared. (i.e. fireball traps) ;)
Ken --
- Give him is roll from the alpha series
Akuma --
- Raging Demon does more damage it should be the most powerful Ultra in the game.
In General
- Nerf all dive kicks.
- Increase Damage from supers but make Ex moves in general better so there is more of a dilemma in choosing to go either route.
- Nerf all Ultra damage across the board. Effectively taking away/lessening "comeback" mechanics and removing crutches from players.
Post edited by Graphf on
Monster Hunter

Comments

• MTSMTS Mad Catz on BLAST Joined: Posts: 72
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    El Fuerte:
    hitbox tweak on jHP to make crossup more reliable
    increased frame advantage for gordita sobat and clMK
    decreased startup on Quesadilla Bomb
    revert Propeller tortilla to vanilla damage.
    Decreased startup on clHK
    After a succesful clHK allow quesadilla Bomb, gordita sobat, and various normals to hit.
    Correct guac trade
    correct back run deadzone
    correct clHPxx ex run xx slide teleport glitch
    fajita buster, equal invincibility like tostada.
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145
    Bison --
    - Faster Psycho Crusher
    - Change Ultra 2 back to motion input so it is a threat again. (decrease damage if you have to)
    Very funny.
  • otoriotori Keep calm and huehuehue Joined: Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭✭
    Give Seth a belt and a special move where he removes it, becomes Poongko and rapes you.
  • Jin MastersJin Masters All them shenanigans Joined: Posts: 40
    BUFF EVIL RYU SO HE CAN BE A COMPETITIVE CHARACTER!!!!!!!!
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    When Dudley dies and has full Super meter, he should resurrect.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,705 mod
    A thread like this already exists...existed for almost a week before this one...but I like this one better. :)
    www.DrunkenTemple.com ...cause I am a broke ass artist...
    Keystone II ...cause I like the video games...
    SFIV/SSFIV/MvC3 mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
  • KhentimentiuKhentimentiu Scrub-tacular Joined: Posts: 369
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic キコケン Joined: Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭
    Make Chun li the same as she was in super. she was not over powered, so there was no excuse to nerf her in the first place. Her u1 has to be fixed more than anything, nobody should fall out of it like rose does.

Dont nerf Yang at all

Scale back Yuns damage a little bit, nothing more.

Make Ryu the same as he was in Super(cr.mk, air tatsu), as well as allowing Akuma to air tatsu correctly
    Xbox live, GFWL and GGPO:Necrotrophic
    Chun Li (SF4, ST, 3s), Akuma (SF4), Ryu (SF4,ST, 3s), Cammy (SF4, ST)
    youtube.com/necrotrophic
  • AlboShinobiAlboShinobi Joined: Posts: 631
    Make Guy better. Buff his defense and work on his offense.

-ex sbk should be invincible completely, its already very risky, you can't fadc and its only 4 frames.

- Make run-hk always hit twice on impact or give it more frame advantage on hit to combo consistently.

-Make bushin flip elbow hit overhead like the alpha games

-Improve U1, make it combo mid screen and make it so if first hit connects then you get full ultra because a lot of times it pushes them back!!

-Increase U2 range, and use the same input leniency as ssf4

-Make ex izuna throw invincible to other throws.

-Increase walk speed

-Enable ex hozzanto connect after bushin chain flip combo.

*Give all characters new moves to make the game more fun and diverse.
    "Your strength is equal to that of your will to win! "

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlboRacerZ
  • ShadolooDollShadolooDoll Joined: Posts: 2,919 ✭✭
    Please make Bison's crouch heavy punch a viable anti-air.... reduce the start up. He never had reliable anti-air tools and the one anti air he did have (stand heavy kick) you reduced the damage to hurt him with trades.
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

• Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yun changes:

EX Lunge - 1 on block, making it possible to keep him out with a smart ground game.
    Command Grab range nerf. Hurts Yun a bit up close but not enough to make him not scary anymore.
    Stun reduction, perhaps down to 900 stun. Him having the same stun as Ryu seems a bit excessive considering his offensive options.

And done.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
  • cjackson3cjackson3 KillersIntellect Joined: Posts: 140
    Please give Cammy back her TKCS. You know you made a mistake Ono :-) You put it back in SFxTekken...
    Everybody Chillout! It's just a Fracking Video Game :-P
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fei Long --
    - Return him to Super status, he didn't need all the buffs in AE, he was already great.

oh yee of little knowledge.

fei buffs from super to AE-

jab to sweep combo
    EX rekkas safe on block

fei long nerfs from super to AE-

roundhouse chickenwing loses all invulnerability

so you want him to have 18 invulnerability frames on a wake up attack that combos to 360+ dmg? fei longs biggest buff was the nerfs to everyone else, and the areas where he was actually improved arent what should qualify as "all the buffs"

on a side note people should try to think objectively. if everyone else is going to get buffs, fei long for example could probrably stand to be left as is.nerfing him while beefing up the rest would put him in low mid, real fast.

if they take the normal capcom sf4 route, which is to just nerf the top, balancing would be much easier. even if it does make the game more boring. just drop some of fei's damage, and weaken the twins palms, super dmg, and command grabs
    DWU fucked my bitch
  • Neo-Tokyo ChrisNeo-Tokyo Chris Can't wait to game again.... Joined: Posts: 17
    Ryu: Restore his corner-escape air-tatsu. Restore his active frames/hitbox for his crouching medium kick.

Cammy: Allow her to do her Cannon Strike earlier in the jump.
    PSN: Neo-Tokyo20XX XBOX LIVE: NEOxTOKYO 20XX
    SF4: Ryu (Main), Yang (Sub)| VF5FS: Jacky (learning)
    DOA5U: Jann Lee (learning), Hitomi (learning)
    Please make Bison's crouch heavy punch a viable anti-air.... reduce the start up. He never had reliable anti-air tools and the one anti air he did have (stand heavy kick) you reduced the damage to hurt him with trades.
    This is one of the weakness of the character, if you make that, you make Bison broken, come on... all posts in this thread are so funny ah ah.
    Yun- give his shoulder more cool down on block (punishable.) It's stupid how safe it is and allows him to frame trap you.
    Ex lunge punch needs to be either punishable or negative on block, its way too good and is a "get in for free"
    nerf command grab, it really makes his offense and mixup too overwhelming for many characters
    nerf his meter gain rate... give him the guile treatment. His meter gain and dangerous super is an unfair combination
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

• RindoukanKarateManRindoukanKarateMan I like Karate Girls Joined: Posts: 504
    BUFF EVIL RYU SO HE CAN BE A COMPETITIVE CHARACTER!!!!!!!!
    Mr. Naps would like to have a word with you.
    3rd strike-Makoto dudley
    ssf4-Makoto,Dudley,Guy
    Blazeblue-Bang,Bang,Bang,Makoto
    tekken-Raven
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    1. Better blockstrings that aren't 1 frame links. I'm saying make her Yun, but at least make her Ryu.
    2. I think something as small as 50 more HP would be an easy fix and would give her a solid boost. Hell, they could leave the stun as is if they want.
    3. Fix EX Pinwheel - How she is considered grounded and throw-able is beyond me. She's practically spinning in the air. She needs a solid wake-up option.
    4. Fix Ultra 2 - You shouldn't be able to fall out of it. You shouldn't be able to walk in it or be throw Juri out of it. Give it something. Make you have to block it low or make it a solid anti-air. Have it suck the opponent in. SOMETHING.
    5. Fix BnB - Her BnB should NOT be character specific. It is ridiculous that is it.
    6. Wouldn't mind seeing a target combo either.
    7. Make LK pinwheel safe on block. Can she have at least one friggin thing in this game that is safe. Don't say fireball store, because it can whiff.
    8. Ex Fireballs should go full screen.

I'd be happy with half this list. The whole list would make her B Tier at most.

For AKUMA's Ultra/Super:
    1. Raging Demon (Super) should go through normal projectiles. Asking the ultra to do that is a bit unfair, but the super going through it would be nice.
    2. You should not be able to throw Akuma out of his Ultra (no joke, it can be done).
    3. The second activated Ultra 1 or Super needs to always win. Sometimes the first one activated wins. It's stupid.
    XBL: FBV Ramma | PSN: RammaCricket
    USFIV: Cody/Zangief | Alts: Juri, Sakura, Ryu, Poison, Sagat, Evil Ryu Follow me: @ rammacricket
  • GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    A thread like this already exists...existed for almost a week before this one...but I like this one better. :)
    the other thread seemed to be asking for the reblance to happen. This thread is about the reblance it self and what we want to happen now that a rebalance is going to happen.

But ya, I like this thread more too. But lets stay focused.

Also, Mods. Could you possibly delete the posts that are not contributing or are obviously jokes? That would help keep the thread clean and on track. Discussion is ok insofar as it has to do with possible changes, i.e., would change X make character Y too weak or too powerful, ect...

edit: SuperNightOwl -- I agree. They could also just move his hittable box back further thus making the move a threat again.
    Monster Hunter
    This is one of the weakness of the character, if you make that, you make Bison broken, come on... all posts in this thread are so funny ah ah.

his weakness is low damage (which was further exacerbated with stand heavy kick damage nerf), and poor comeback potential. It would NOT break him. Didn't even ask for U2 fixing or anything else. BTW I don't see you contributing anything here so why don't you get out?

Also, Mods. Could you possibly delete the posts that are not contributing or are obviously jokes? That would help keep the thread clean and on track. Discussion is ok insofar as it has to do with possible changes, i.e., would change X make character Y too weak or too powerful, ect...

This. Looks like I was ninja'd.
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

i dunno if its broken, but i agree, bison dosent need much help
    DWU fucked my bitch
  • RindoukanKarateManRindoukanKarateMan I like Karate Girls Joined: Posts: 504
    Since Ono announced that there will now offically be a rebalance of SSF4:AE let's discuss changes we's like to see.(Since a thread like this now makes sense.) STAY ON TOPIC.

Vega --
    - invulnerability frames on Scarlet Terror.
    - Combo into Ultra from Cosmic heel (this would justify the neg. frames in AE)
    - Better recovery on overhead.
    - Needs a 3 frame move cr.LK or standing Lk would do fine

Bison --
    - Faster Psycho Crusher

Ibuki --
    - Give back Kunai damage
    - cr.LK to 3 frames

Fei Long --
    Ryu --
    - Make him master of the fireball again (like ST) he's been nerfed so much he needs buffs now.
    - Fast fireballs shuould be faster and slow firballs should be slower.
    - He should have sonic boom like recovery making his fireball game something to be feared. (i.e. fireball traps)

Ken --
    - Give him is roll from the alpha series

Akuma --
    - Raging Demon does more damage itshoud be the most powerful Ultra in the game.

In General

- Nerf all dive kicks.
    - Increase Damage from supers but make Ex moves in general better so there is more of a dilemma in choosing to go either route.
    - Super meter should not carry over between rounds (ST style) Use it or lose. This way people fight instead of wiffing moves if they think they will lose. (controversial I know but think about it)
    - Nerf all Ultra damage across the board. Effectively taking away/lessening "comback" mechanics and removing crutches from players.

The closer the game gets to ST the better it will be over all and I think removing Super meter each round will force people to get to know there normals, start to zone better and play more footsies. The same applies with the Ultra damage nerfs I'd like to see. Take away crutches!!
    give ryu the same recovery as guile on projectiles? his recovery is already good. You want this to become hadouken fighter 4?
    3rd strike-Makoto dudley
    ssf4-Makoto,Dudley,Guy
    Blazeblue-Bang,Bang,Bang,Makoto
    tekken-Raven
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ThatKenPlayerThatKenPlayer Joined: Posts: 255
    When is this update coming out? the USA just got this last month :rofl:

EDIT: Make Hakan's S.HP an over head
    i dunno if its broken, but i agree, bison dosent need much help

yeah he doesn't, I just think he deserves a viable AA after his only good one that isn't even reliable (you need to be spaced correctly) received a damage nerf that hurts him trade wise.
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

i have one request for my main.

make gens anti air ultra fast enough to be an anti air ultra
    DWU fucked my bitch
  • ThatKenPlayerThatKenPlayer Joined: Posts: 255
    Juri:

1. Fix her U2- people keep falling out of it even when it lands. If she hits you with it you should go into the animation and take damage

2. Ex pinwheel- fix the hitbox in the back. It makes no sense that when the move is still active and her legs are spinning that it doesn't hurt them and you get punished for it

also dat juri bp glitch. Would like my B ranked Juri back please >.>
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

• DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    Yun- give his shoulder more cool down on block (punishable.) It's stupid how safe it is and allows him to frame trap you.
    Ex lunge punch needs to be either punishable or negative on block, its way too good and is a "get in for free"
    nerf command grab, it really makes his offense and mixup too overwhelming for many characters
    nerf his meter gain rate... give him the guile treatment. His meter gain and dangerous super is an unfair combination

you're obviously scared of shoulder. Yun's Shoulder is punishable.

Ex lunge at -1 is prolly good.
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
    his weakness is low damage (which was further exacerbated with stand heavy kick damage nerf), and poor comeback potential. It would NOT break him. Didn't even ask for U2 fixing or anything else. BTW I don't see you contributing anything here so why don't you get out?

This. Looks like I was ninja'd.
    Yes and troubles with close jumps is one of his weakness, his crouch hp is bad, it's volontary by the devs.

You don't need to make a come back, or to make big damages with him, you turtle, play footsies, strong zoning, pokes and that's all.
    you're obviously scared of shoulder. Yun's Shoulder is punishable.

Ex lunge at -1 is prolly good.

really? How he seems out of range to punish with the characters I use? How do you punish it?
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

Yes and troubles with close jumps is one of his weakness, his crouch hp is bad, it's volontary by the devs.

You don't need to make a come back, or to make big damages with him, you turtle, play footsies, strong zoning, pokes and that's all.

No Bisons made even top 32 at EVO. Did you see what happened to Yipes? To Jago (not at evo at a different tourny which caused him to drop dictator)? Maybe it would be okay if the twins got nerfed because you can't turtle twins with their get in moves.

edit: oops double post sorry

tl;dr
    your stuff is all nice theoryfighter, but in reality it's not that simple (or in some situations, possible quite frankly.) If it was he would be doing more work.
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

yeah he doesn't, I just think he deserves a viable AA after his only good one that isn't even reliable (you need to be spaced correctly) received a damage nerf that hurts him trade wise.

its like his one character weakness. if his AA is good with the groundgame and rushdown he has, he becomes really strong. which is ok i guess if everyone is getting help.

however, i dont think everyone should get tons of buffs tho. just my opinion, and i may be in the minority, so i hope i dont get killed for saying this, but i hope all the characters maintain some form of weakness. or the ones that dont have enough should be given some.

weak spots make the characters more interesting to use IMO. if you have to find ways to work around your own, and exploit your opponents, the game is more interesting than who has the strongest bullshit, try and block this mixup
    DWU fucked my bitch
    its like his one character weakness. if his AA is good with the groundgame and rushdown he has, he becomes really strong. which is ok i guess if everyone is getting help.

however, i dont think everyone should get tons of buffs tho. just my opinion, and i may be in the minority, so i hope i dont get killed for saying this, but i hope all the characters maintain some form of weakness. or the ones that dont have enough should be given some.

weak spots make the characters more interesting to use IMO. if you have to find ways to work around your own, and exploit your opponents, the game is more interesting than who has the strongest bullshit, try and block this mixup

yeah i agree. If anything was done to him that would be it if other characters got buffed. Honestly if they just nerfed the twins (Yun more so than Yang) I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong Bison is solid right now, i was assuming if the whole cast received a facelift he should get that. Like with juri it's not really buffs it's more like fixing....
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

oh yee of little knowledge.

fei buffs from super to AE-

jab to sweep combo
    EX rekkas safe on block

fei long nerfs from super to AE-

roundhouse chickenwing loses all invulnerability

so you want him to have 18 invulnerability frames on a wake up attack that combos to 360+ dmg? fei longs biggest buff was the nerfs to everyone else, and the areas where he was actually improved arent what should qualify as "all the buffs"

on a side note people should try to think objectively. if everyone else is going to get buffs, fei long for example could probrably stand to be left as is.nerfing him while beefing up the rest would put him in low mid, real fast.

if they take the normal capcom sf4 route, which is to just nerf the top, balancing would be much easier. even if it does make the game more boring. just drop some of fei's damage, and weaken the twins palms, super dmg, and command grabs
    + Frames on normals
    Monster Hunter
    No Bisons made even top 32 at EVO. Did you see what happened to Yipes? To Jago (not at evo at a different tourny which caused him to drop dictator)? Maybe it would be okay if the twins got nerfed because you can't turtle twins with their get in moves.
    If you look all of the characters in the game, Bison is a very good character and stay the same in AE IMO but i agree with you, the twins are a pain in the ass and the priority to change in the future rebalance.

His old U2 was dumb for me, it's better with a charge motion.
    + Frames on normals

that would fall under jab to sweep combo. jab goes from +5 to +6.

if you want to be technical, his close mk is 4 frames now too. i dont think anybody uses that for anything tho because its a shitty version of close fierce. i think any fei player would give it away for free.

i also think most would trade jab sweep and EX Rekkas safe for inv RH CW. 300 damage is awesome because you tried a standing meaty or a meaty throw. it also got out of hella mixups
    DWU fucked my bitch
    give ryu the same recovery as guile on projectiles? his recovery is already good. You want this to become hadouken fighter 4?

Giving that to Ryu wouldn't to that to the game. I think Ryu should be balance around his fireball. Did you even play ST at all? Ryu was fun to play in that game and fireball traps are a big reason for it.

Additionally, nearly every character now has multiple ways to get past fireballs now, I think you are over reacting.

@ HNIC Mike --- ok, I will admit the Chicken Wing issue. That does need to stay the same, other then that he should go back to Super Spec imo.
    Monster Hunter
  • XgrayninjaXgrayninja Fumbling my way to the top. One loss at a time. Joined: Posts: 1,224
    I'd love that. So much. I also would like to see a reasonable damage buff for Bisons regular psycho crusher. I don't think it'd be out of line for Bison to be able to punish harder.
    Gotta be hungry.

I agree with this too. That and they should also consider moving Bison's st.HK hittable box back further so it trades less, this would make the damage nerf not as bad.

edit: Zgrayninja -- ya, it's funny how Bison isn't able to punish things very hard.

@ meth90 -- It's not as much of a threat as a charge motion. As a motion move U2 becomes something that everyone with a fireball or focus/backdash happy people have to actually take into account. I think it keeps people more honest throughout the match.
    Monster Hunter
    If you look all of the characters in the game, Bison is a very good character and stay the same in AE IMO but i agree with you, the twins are a pain in the ass and the priority to change in the future rebalance.

His old U2 was dumb for me, it's better with a charge motion.

yeah charge motion makes sense- he is a charge character. It's not bad either, you still can sk or psycho crusher while having the threat of U2. They made the damage respectable now, which I found to be highly useful so I felt it was reasonable.

Getting back to crouch hp as a viable AA I was just saying if everyone got tweaked, which I would prefer doesn't happen because I'm getting sick of relearning all the new subtle changes that can actually make a big difference in combat.

Would be nice if we get glitch fixes, or fixing stuff that doesn't make sense (like Juri.) At the end of the day what I want the most is the Twins to pay their dues for all the characters they slaughtered.....
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

• Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the characters that wound up being discussed here I didn't think Bison would be the one getting bantered back and forth lol.

I agree with Mike, Gen's anti air U1 should be sped up so it actually works anti air. Make his Mantis U2 "lock in" on the animation like Yang's U1 if it hits also.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    This thread gonna make lose my mind.

Did someone seriously say Ryu should have Guile recovery on his fireballs? Hell no, you lost your damn mind?

Has Bison ever had a solid AA in any SF that wasn't jMP or sHK?
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    Gen and all the lower tier characters still need a few more things here and there. It may not bring them up in the tier charts but if it "squeezes" the tier more and makes the difference between A and C smaller, then it serves it's purpose.
    Monster Hunter
    Out of all the characters that wound up being discussed here I didn't think Bison would be the one getting bantered back and forth lol.

I agree with Mike, Gen's anti air U1 should be sped up so it actually works anti air. Make his Mantis U2 "lock in" on the animation like Yang's U1 if it hits also.

it would make sense considering his normal anti air options are lacking, and he needs meter anyway to AA reliably

Did someone seriously say Ryu should have Guile recovery on his fireballs? Hell no, you lost your damn mind?

i ignored that one. i assumed it was a poor troll attempt.

it works for guile because

1. its a charge motion to throw it
    2. he cant use a follow up inv AA as soon as he rcovers
    DWU fucked my bitch
  • XgrayninjaXgrayninja Fumbling my way to the top. One loss at a time. Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Just to clarify, I don't think Bison is a bad character at all in AE (on the contrary, he's probably the best charge character in the game). I'm just addressing some small flaws in his design that I feel should be looked at. But, if he remains largely untouched in the next update, I'll be fine with that. Like I said, even as is, he's a good character.
    Gotta be hungry.
    It just made me scratch my head they took bison's stand hk damage down by 20 points when he already had issues with jump ins....

then again rose meter gain nerf made me scratch my head as well- esp when compared with the twins and their supers to go with it
    Just to clarify, I don't think Bison is a bad character at all in AE (on the contrary, he's probably the best charge character in the game). I'm just addressing some small flaws in his design that I feel should be looked at. But, if he remains largely untouched in the next update, I'll be fine with that. Like I said, even as is, he's a good character.

pretty much this. I'm only offering suggestions if all characters received buffs. I just want twin nerfs honestly. And for good reason.
    R.I.P. sksksksksk222

• RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    yeah i agree. If anything was done to him that would be it if other characters got buffed. Honestly if they just nerfed the twins (Yun more so than Yang) I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong Bison is solid right now, i was assuming if the whole cast received a facelift he should get that. Like with juri it's not really buffs it's more like fixing....
    Well that's just it with Juri. More than anything else, she needs to be fixed. She needs buffs to be competitive, but she really needs to be fixed to be consistent.
    XBL: FBV Ramma | PSN: RammaCricket
    USFIV: Cody/Zangief | Alts: Juri, Sakura, Ryu, Poison, Sagat, Evil Ryu Follow me: @ rammacricket
    This thread gonna make lose my mind.

Has Bison ever had a solid AA in any SF that wasn't jMP or sHK?

Yes, that was me. I enjoy ST.

It should be Guile-like recovery or very close to it. He could be nerfed in other areas if need be. I want ST Ryu in this game, doing what Ryu is not only known for, but what he is supposed to do best.
    Monster Hunter
    Evil Ryu needs something to open people up more. Dunno what it woudl be, but as it stands he has far too difficult a time initiating offense, especially with such low health and stun.
This discussion has been closed.