Countries That Need Representation

HigherTomorrowHigherTomorrow Clifton, NJ Scene PleaseJoined: Posts: 192
Obviously there are so many countries and styles that aren't represented in Street Fighter, as seen in this popular image:gr_worldofSF.jpg
But what I've always wondered is why there's no Irish bareknuckle boxer. It's such an obvious choice for a fighting game, especially a game called Street Fighter.

With the Irish FGC getting real popular I think it's time an Irish bareknuckle boxer made his or her appearance in SF.

Make it a girl for extra points. SSF4 needs more punching females. Ball's in your court now, Ono.

Also the difference between bareknuckle boxing and street fighting is that you don't kick in bareknuckle boxing and you have rules just like regular boxing.

Okay, SRK, what other countries and styles deserve representation?

Comments

• Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980
    I KNEW there was something wrong with that map. Hakan's not anywhere to be seen representing Turkey!
  • HigherTomorrowHigherTomorrow Clifton, NJ Scene Please Joined: Posts: 192
    Oh wow, I just noticed, you're right, Hakan's missing...
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,782
    didnt you made this exact thread a long time ago?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    Really, this will have an impact, gain traction, and matters? Come on, nearly planet earth is represented in SF. Anything more would be being nitpicky.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    didnt you made this exact thread a long time ago?

Nope.
    Really, this will have an impact, gain traction, and matters? Come on, nearly planet earth is represented in SF. Anything more would be being nitpicky.

No I don't, that's why it's a discussion thread and not a petition thread. I'm just asking for other peoples' opinions on what kind of styles or countries it'd be cool to see in a SF game.
  • thephenomenalonethephenomenalone Joined: Posts: 580
    Not one Canadian fighter in either Street Fighter or KOF.

Either Canada must really suck or Capcom is biased.
    Vampire Savior: Demitri, Jedah, Aubath, Victor
    SSF4: Guile, Cody, Dee Jay, Sakura,
    AE: Cody, Yang
    CvS 2:N-Groove-Rugal, Nakoruru, Yamazaki, Rock, Sagat, Kim, Iori, Rolento, Eagle
    Super Turbo: Bison, Guile, Dee Jay, Ryu
    Alpha 2: Guy, Rolento, Gen
    KOF 95: Eiji, Takuma, Kyo
    KOF 98: Yashiro/Mature/Kyo
    Marvel vs Capcom 3: FUCK MARVEL 3

Hockey player?

I could dig it.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    SF is a video game not the United Nations.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227

Maxima is Canadian.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,272
    SF is a video game not the United Nations.

exactly.
    let's leave political corectness at the door when it comes to video games. We have 39 characters - plenty to choose from.

• SlayersliceSlayerslice Joined: Posts: 1,666
    Where are the middle-eastern fighters or let alone African fighters?
    Streetfighter X Tekken: I was raised on Tekken.
  • CStaticCStatic Was it something I said? Joined: Posts: 765
    But what I've always wondered is why there's no Irish bareknuckle boxer. It's such an obvious choice for a fighting game, especially a game called Street Fighter.

With the Irish FGC getting real popular I think it's time an Irish bareknuckle boxer made his or her appearance in SF.
    Well obviously Capcom don't and why should there be? How many boxing characters do you want in the game? If you want to represent every country you're looking at around 190 characters, good luck balancing that.

Doesn't really matter to me, I've never played a game and thought "wow, this is lame, there's nobody represented from Luxembourg in the character select".
    "The average is the borderline that keeps mere men in their place. Those who step over the line are heroes by the very act. Go".

GW2: Jane Woo - Sylvari Thief - The Unseen [UNSN] ~ Incinerator 04/12/12
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    Oh wow, I just noticed, you're right, Hakan's missing...

Map was made before Hakan was announced
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • DurantDurant Joined: Posts: 145
    In my honest opinion, most players of Evo come from either Japan, United States (both of which are highly represented on this map) and Canada which clearly could use a character to represent the country. I think it would be nice to have another two or three countries represented to be honest but that would require new characters at this point. I would love to see at least one Canadian fighter and one more Caribbean fighter. Personally I live in The Bahamas and would love to see a fighter from here (probably make him DeeJay's rival) but its more realistic to select from Cuba or something because of Castro.

PS. I did not know Abel was French... :S
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,396
    I'm for a dutch char! xD

newcharacteribuki.png
    我道
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    What happened when there was Japan, USA, China, Brazil, India, Thailand, and Spain?
    FG's have come a long way... Just sayin.
    It's been real.
  • KindredSpiritzKindredSpiritz Joined: Posts: 191
    Canada and Australia have never been represented for some strange reason. They've always had representation in Virtua Fighter and Tekken..
  • Dr.ContinuumDr.Continuum Unlicensed Ice Car Driver Joined: Posts: 43
    40th character should be a Finnish drunken brawler. His animations would make him highly unpredictable!
    To be the best, you must walk through Hell. Twice.
  • ArachnofiendArachnofiend Double Uzis and a Wink Joined: Posts: 2,058
    Where are the middle-eastern fighters?
    Capcom thought that having the ability to blow yourself up and take the opponent with you was too op
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
  • LuxeonLuxeon That guy you mopped the floor with Wednesday Joined: Posts: 76
    Canada and Australia have never been represented for some strange reason. They've always had representation in Virtua Fighter and Tekken..
    Lord Raptor.
    "You don't see kids midnight blissing each other on the playground."
    -Not SRK.
    "I heard on History Channel that Adam couldn't keep it in his fig leaf. Cheated on Lilith with Morrigan or some shi(f)t."
    -SRK
  • KindredSpiritzKindredSpiritz Joined: Posts: 191
    Lord Raptor? I was referring to Street Fighter. Dark Stalkers always had wider representation, Saquatch is from Canada I understand, why couldn't SF have Aussies or Canucks?
  • SirEarthboundSirEarthbound Joined: Posts: 1
    I would really love some representation from Puerto Rico.