GameClucks Thursday Night Fights (Streaming every Thursday!)

gameclucksgameclucks Joined: Posts: 318
edited March 2013 in Northwest
GameClucks Thursdays Night Fights
Part of the Pacific Northwest Road to Evo 2013
Organized by Chris Anderson and GameClucks
Streamed by Loz (tLozSEA)
Community: Facebook Group

Description
GameClucks Thursday Night Fights is a weekly event in the Seattle area. It is organized by GameClucks and is (often) held at Another Castle Video Games in Edmonds, WA (just 20m north of Seattle) and sponsored by Another Castle Video Games, NOS Energy Drink, Plantronic Gamecom, and Eightarc. We started out these events as just a place to meet up and get games, but have since grown to include weekly tournaments and a stream as well.

Who's Coming?
Most of the discussion takes place on each week's Facebook event page. Invites are sent out to all members of the Northwest Street Fighter group. Most players do not RSVP until the day of, but we typically have between 10-20 attendees. Every week we have 8-14 entrants for a $10 AE 2012 tournament. Our 8-man UMvC3 tournaments have been $2 entry until the scene grows. We have KOF XIII most weeks (discussion happens in KOF Northwest) ranging from just casuals to $2 tournaments, to 8-man $5 tournaments. We recently held a 8-man $2 SFxT 2013 tournament. Finally, some players show up for P4U casuals as well. Most players do not arrive until an hour before their game starts, we highly recommend you do the same.

Community
You'll find that attendees are very welcoming and we can easily give you advice or let you know where to find games near you. Our players range from some of the best in our region (such as Riki-Oh, Finelikewine49, and SRKUW|Fawwaz) to players that are new to these games and are looking to level up or just get casuals in.

Venue: Another Castle Video Games
Address: 23303 Washington 99, Edmonds, WA
Another Castle can be found 20m north of Downtown Seattle
Note: Every fourth Thursday, we're at GameClucks in Lynnwood instead. This falls on March 28th for this month.

Date & Time
Date: Every Thursday
Time: 5pm until 11pm-ish
Players typically arrive an hour to half an hour before the start of their event

Venue & Entry Fee
Venue Fee: $5
Entry Fee: Varies, see below
Venue fee includes casuals; however, true spectators are free
If we do not have enough entrants for a tournament, entry fee will be reduced to $2 or $1

Schedule
Note: Registration ends 30m before the start of each event. "Late registration" will then be open until we fill up the bracket or are advancing through losers. If you will be late, please contact Loz through Facebook or phone (425) 967-3740.
5pm: Doors open
6pm: SFxT 2013 ($5)
7pm: UMvC3 ($10) and KOF XIII ($5)
8pm: AE 2012 ($10)

Payouts
5 or less: Winner take all
6-11 entrants: Top 2 (75%/25%)
12 or more: Top 3 (70%/20%/10%)

Bracket Structure
5 or less: Round Robin
6 or more: Double-elimination bracket

Other Notes
All games are played on Xbox 360
Winners and Losers Finals are best 2 out of 3, Grand Finals are 3 out of 5
SFxT 2013 and KOF XIII is 2/3 the whole tournament
UMvC3 is 3/5 the whole tournament
Event is BYOC, but players are able to lend sticks/controllers if needed
Players typically don't arrive until 1 hour before their event starts.

Media
Tournaments are streamed live at http://www.twitch.tv/gameclucks
Replays can be found on YouTube or Twitch.tv.
Brackets are online at Challonge.

PNWR2E
All players who pay venue earn a raffle ticket good towards a chance to win a sponsorship to EVO 2013 (drawing to be held at Northwest Majors 5).

Questions?
Feel free to ask Loz through this thread, PMs, or Facebook. If you can't make it out, I hope you check out our stream or replays of previous events. Support your scene!
Post edited by gameclucks on

Comments

• Robo_LeaderRobo_Leader Directly Wired. Joined: Posts: 66
    Seriously? That's it? Might have to drop by if I can get the time off of work next Thursday.
  • Loz990Loz990 SRKUW|Loz Joined: Posts: 199
    I'll be there this Thursday with a friend. Bringing AE, Marvel, MK, and 3S.
    Regular attendee of Thursday Night Fights at GameClucks, the Toe-Fu DOJO, and SRK UW.
    Skullgirls: New Age of Heroines - Old school freedom with tournament balance - EVO Panel
  • NissanZaximaNissanZaxima Joined: Posts: 7,686
    Is this a weekly thing? We should take advantage of this
    XBL: NissanZaxima
    Twitter: NissanZaxima18
  • gameclucksgameclucks Joined: Posts: 318
    This is an EVERY Thurs thing.

Weekly Weekly Weekly

If people want to organize tournaments, MMs, RRs whatever at this, go for it! If it gets big enough I will get more involved in making sure we have something to do also! SO lets get this cranked up!!!
    Sticky this???
  • Finelikewine49Finelikewine49 GO HOME AND BE A 12TH MAN! Joined: Posts: 143
    so you host mortal kombat on thursdays?
    "control yourself, let others do as they will"
  • NissanZaximaNissanZaxima Joined: Posts: 7,686
    Anyone down to play some MvC3 on thursday?
    XBL: NissanZaxima
    Twitter: NissanZaxima18
  • unkozuwari44unkozuwari44 we play marvel because we're all masochists Joined: Posts: 44
    Anyone down to play some MvC3 on thursday?

hell yes
    Had a good time last week. Can't make it tomorrow (sick), so no setups or sticks from me. I'll see you all next week.
    Regular attendee of Thursday Night Fights at GameClucks, the Toe-Fu DOJO, and SRK UW.
    Skullgirls: New Age of Heroines - Old school freedom with tournament balance - EVO Panel
    Lets start getting more ppl to this!!
    I'll be there all evening with BotPM who's *not* feeling himself after getting 3rd at the PAX tourney. Bringing the usual along with 3S OE. Definitely want to get Marvel in too.
    Good shit to those that came out last week. Didn't expect that many! A few more and we could probably start running small tourneys. I'll be there Thursday with BotPM to get more practice in before the tournament. Also have a MK guy coming with us who's bringing a PS3 setup with the game. Don't have any PS3 sticks, so bring 'em if you need them. Hope this'll have the highest attendance yet!

Edit: BotPM and I will be there close to 3.
  • RavenOmniRavenOmni Joined: Posts: 40
    I'll be in later tomorrow. Probably around 5ish.
    I'll be in tomorrow. Have to work something out with my work schedule though.
    Armand and I are here. It's his last night in Seattle before heading back to Olympia. Also streaming from GameClucks at http://www.twitch.tv/pnwfg
    Me and Mike are going to start holding Fight Nights at AFK Tavern on Tuesday nights in order to spread out and garner more interest. If Mike doesn't have to work tonight we should be in around 11pm.
    I should be there between 3-4. Been grinding out a lot of training mode, so looking forward to some real games!

Edit: More like 4:30.
  • SupeRAT169SupeRAT169 Joined: Posts: 7
    what kind of set up do they have for MVC3? im interested in going but i what to make sure they have tournament ready equipment.
    Xbox 360 with all the patches and DLC characters on CRTs. They have monitors as well, but my recording/streaming equipment is all SD. It's the same equipment we use for the monthlies.

Edit: Just got word that GC is opening on time at 3. I should be in around 4:30.
    Double Edit: We also have a guy bringing a PS3 now, so whatever system you prefer would work.
    Just got home. Should be in close to 4. Oh, and sorry if anyone went to AFK on Tuesday and no one else was there. Mike had work and I had no other rides =(
  • Riki-ohRiki-oh aka Emanuel Joined: Posts: 1,638
    I'll be there for some MvC3 and SF4 today.
    "You're just the baby school!"
    I should be there around 3. Can't stream, but can record.
    Sorry I didn't get to make it last week guys. Heard it was a pretty good turn out too. I'll definitely see you guys on Thursday this week. If anyone wants to stop in on Wednesday night too go ahead. Me and Mike will be in.
  • m1nicam1nica Joined: Posts: 112
    im interesting in coming through around 5pm if people show up! ^_^
    ggs last week. I should be there Thursday with my equipment, the usual games, and 3S + MK.
  • CryoPlasmaCryoPlasma Joined: Posts: 7
    Going to be a saturday tournament this month? Want to get more practice with marvel in person with people but normally don't have time on weekdays...
  • TWBTWB Jurassic Jr. Joined: Posts: 50
    Ill be coming out this Thursday most likely. We need to get some people out there!!
    A 13 year old can play Fei...A 7 year old can play Bison.
    Going to be a saturday tournament this month? Want to get more practice with marvel in person with people but normally don't have time on weekdays...

I have no clue. Word has been sketchy if it's happening or not. I do know there's a tournament for AE going on at Reset Games on Sunday. If it's not to far from you, just come in Saturday regardless, sometimes people show up, just late and without notice. Our normal meets will still commence this Thursday on the 7th.

Hope to see you there TWB. I also agree, we need more people to show up. GET THE WORD OUT PEOPLE!
    There will not be a tournament this Saturday. Instead, the next GameClucks monthly will be held on November 5 at Dante's in the U District.

I'll be in today around 3. To whoever posted earlier, Marvel always happens. It's the main game for two of us regulars.
    coming in around 5pm ill bring my ps3 stick but i doubt anyone would need it
  • CryoPlasmaCryoPlasma Joined: Posts: 7
    I think I will try to come this week really want to get some more marvel matches in before i go fail at NW Majors. would probably be around 5 or 6ish if I can get there.
  • GyaboGyabo Joined: Posts: 9

Didn't know there was one of these going on in Lynnwood. I'd like to go but I dunno how it works. Do I have to bring my own stick? I only have a ps3 stick since I don't have a 360. Does the $3 venue fee cover the entire time span of 3-9pm?
    What I have has been uploaded. Sep 29 was particularly good with Paul Lee, Riki-Oh, and Finelikewine showing up (ggs): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL11E49F32F2FE5FE8

Cryo, that's about when our best Marvel guy shows up too, so it's perfect.

Gyabo, we play on 360, so don't worry about bringing your PS3 stick. As long as at least one other non-regular shows, we have enough for both an AE and Marvel setup at the same time. $3 covers it all.

I'll be there early Thursday. Hope you both can make it.
    ggs last week! Here is the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL750A4D4B8E9BA175

I'll be there Thursday. Gotta grind until then.

Edit: Woo! Traffic! I'll be there between 3:30 - 4.
    May be a few minutes late this Thursday, hopefully not anything to bad. Been working on some stick art too though I unfortunately won't be able to show it off yet =\
  • GyaboGyabo Joined: Posts: 9
    Oo the vids are all on youtube. I get to rewatch how free I am. XD

I can make it again this Thursday but I might have to leave early, maybe around 6:30 - 7.
  • Fighter's ArenaFighter's Arena Joined: Posts: 30
    Bumping hard for this week's meetup.
    Fighter's Arena on Facebook
    XBL - RavenOmni (Cameron),gilchrestius264 (Mike)
    PSN - mvitalis47 (Mike)
    We've been getting some questions lately and yes, you can bring in your own setups, that includes your consoles, specifically PS3s since we do not have any. The more setups that can be provided, regardless of system the better.
    Bumping this thread for the 27th meetup.
    PSN - mvitalis47 (Mike)
    Oct 20 Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF6ED1240D76BE41B

Looking forward to Thursday!

Edit: I'll be in around 3:30.
    I may not be able to make it for next week on the 3rd. May have to work... but a co-worker owes me so I can possibly pull some strings.
    Ok, update. I'll be able to make it on the third, everything worked out.

Also, starting this week we will start holding weekly Round-Robin's/Tournaments depending on who all shows up.
    Bumping to the 3rd power.
    PSN - mvitalis47 (Mike)
    Bumping topic for today's meet. May be a little late =\
  • toneStarktoneStark Arms Dealer.. Joined: Posts: 19
    Any marvel being played tonight? Lynnwood is a hike from Cap Hill.. but I've been fiending for some local matches (fuck online play)
    Any marvel being played tonight?

Yes!

Edit: Also have a PS3 now for those that prefer that.
    Bah.. I don't get off work ~6:30.. didn't realize this was an afternoon thing.
    It goes until 9pm.. sometimes later.

IN DECEMBER 2011 - We may try and turn this into a weekly tournament for monthly event seeding or something or free entries or I dont know.
    anything will be awesome. I'll try to make it out at some point. all my friends I played with are back in socal :(
    i don't know why gc stuff hasnt been stickied yet.... this has been going on for so long :|