Super Arcade
1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/SuperDojo

mon-thurs 10am-12am
friday 10am-1am
saturday 12pm-1am
sunday 1pm-11pm

The time has come to finally put up a new thread. The arcade known as "SUPER ARCADE" has been invaded and taken under new control. The new owner is none other than Ralph aka owner of FFA in granada hills, aka owner of Japan Arcade in Little Toyko, aka someone who knows and deeply cares about the arcade scene and its patrons. I have been fortunate enough to be designated as leader of the crusade to bring this establishment along with the so cal scene back to greatness. Brief history on the joint :

The Legend, Tomo Ohira first honed his skills is this arcade many many years ago. That being said this place is essentially the start of greatness and core of SF2 and its wonderful history. As years have gone by many players and owners have come and go but now is the time to bring back the glory days of this landmark. Now with players like Mike Ross, Clockwork, and washed a up old timers like myself, i have the utmost confidence that we can maintain this greatness and hope to bring along more legends yet to be noticed!

Super Arcade has many plans in the process and I will be keeping everyone informed and hopefully people will stay tuned to the changes and progress we are making here. I can proudly say that after 1 week I noticed much more traffic here and want to thank everyone for their support and patronage. Without the players the arcade and the games would be nothing, and without the players there would be no purpose in driving to become the hot spot in so cal! Our goal here at Super is to provide not only a Dojo for the serious gamer but a great experience and arcade environment for the players to relish in. I am personally motivated to help the scene and the community grow towards its bright future and hope you guys will hop on board for the ride.

Once again, thanks to all who have helped so far and hope to see many more new faces in up and coming months.
Super Arcade is the official host for WNF and TRB!
follow us on twitter for updates on events and out of town visitors
http://twitter.com/#!/SuperDojo
come check out one of the last arcades before its too late!!!
·

Comments

• daedae T-Rol Joined: Posts: 38
    Need owner, new user
    twitch.tv/daezo I stream random #dota2 games
    ·
  • GoofyhanDGoofyhanD OneHandedTerror Joined: Posts: 157
    Just found out about you taking over SA. I miss you Watts! I'll be there!
    Streetfighter skills are almost wholly divorced from physical gifts or liabilities (ask "the one-handed terror"). High-level SF is a real skill that must be learned and developed
    --Seth Killian
    ·
  • dueyduey @PSN : Duey_ Joined: Posts: 265
    hope this place will thrive, only been here once. Definitely has potential!
    rip mvc2..thanks for the memories

mvc3 in training, SF:ae in training
    ·
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    im super stoked to hear about this i heard over the weekend that you had taken it over and that you have a nice Super T setup you know me and my buddies have traveled 3+ hours just to go play some Super T. Hope to maybe start some ranbats at super arcade in the future if Mr. Watts gives me the A-ok!!!
    ·
  • _Exiled__Exiled_ Joined: Posts: 1,240
    Memories of 2002-2006
    Going back to the classics....
    -Pointless forum OLDIES (summer 2004-spring 2005)
    -Fighting game era OLDIES (fall 2000-spring 2007)
    -Wrestlers OLDIES (attitude era 1999/wcw 1999)
    -Davey Havok // Tom Morello // Flea // Travis Barker

I <3 you all!!!
    ·
  • CaliPowerCaliPower Level | Up President Joined: Posts: 1,884
    I'll be at Super Arcade tonight to visit my OG brother around 8PM.

Anybody down to get exposed, come see me tonight =)
    Mr. Valle
    "Rushing Your Shit Down.....Forever"
    Facebook - calipower@hotmail.com
    Twitter - AlexValleSF4
    Level|Up company site: www.levelup-series.com
    ·
  • Mcroboy90Mcroboy90 SF4 Player Joined: Posts: 12
    Where is located ?
    ·
  • CaliPowerCaliPower Level | Up President Joined: Posts: 1,884
    Where is located ?

Super Arcade
    1211 N Grand Ave
    Walnut, CA 91789

(was in the first post sir.)
    Mr. Valle
    "Rushing Your Shit Down.....Forever"
    Facebook - calipower@hotmail.com
    Twitter - AlexValleSF4
    Level|Up company site: www.levelup-series.com
    ·
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495
    that is so sick. gs old man watson. good luck!!!!!
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
    ·
  • genocydegenocyde Joined: Posts: 3
    Awesome, gonna have to make a trip out there soon. Haven't been to SA in for-fucking-ever!
    ·
  • BlankanievesBlankanieves Mahou2DGoddess Joined: Posts: 48
    I'm hopeful for good things now that you're there
    jacarandas @ twitter
    ·
  • DuralathDuralath You have failed this city. Joined: Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to you guys! I hope I can stop by one of these days!
    PSN: Duralath
    FGC Live, Fridays at 9 PM PST; Street Fighter All-Nighter, Sundays at 5 PM PST: TwinGalaxiesLive.com
    ·
  • watsonwatson Joined: Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    glad to see people having fun here :) had some visitors for 3s today and one sexy beast aka LUKA!! gootecks with some urien action vs hungbees oro was fun. had mike ross trying to play st!!?!?!?!! lots of local regs showing their love as usual. looks like this place is on the up and up. thanks for the replies guys and hope to see you all here soon. and bluemary, we will figure out something soon to make it worth it for you ST heads to get out here.

gonna have a valle appearance tonight and hopefully clockwork will be here to play on our new mvc3 set up......... come down and join the party people!
    ·
  • JoshimitsuJoshimitsu damn Joined: Posts: 111
    I know I still don't live there yet, but replying just to show my hype of this place lol

Was also curious, is this arcade mainly fighters or is there lot's of different types of games?
    ·
  • Kapwan13Kapwan13 That Guy Player Joined: Posts: 252
    I know I still don't live there yet, but replying just to show my hype of this place lol

Was also curious, is this arcade mainly fighters or is there lot's of different types of games?
    It's mostly fighting games, but there were some music games and racing games there. Not sure if the new owners will keep all of those though.
    http://www.youtube.com/Kapwan
    KoF XIII (Kim, Ash, Clark) - SSFIV AE- (Guy)
    VF5FS - (Kage) - P4A (Kanji)
    ·
  • WickedElementWickedElement *HUGS* Joined: Posts: 749
    Heading down there in a bit to play some ST & 3s. Let's get some games in Watson & Valle. :rock:
    Don't stand so close to Gief. But, seriously don't. He'll grab ya. :eek:
    GGPO/PSN: WickedElement
    ·
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    Thanks Watson i know you would look out for us :) make our drive worth it lol we can easily bring 15+ people in with super t and do you have any console setups?
    ·
    ok so based on a handshake between long time friends and rivals i have an announcement to make. can you say :

Wednesday Night Fights : ARCADE EDITION ?

thats right ladies and gentlemen. valle and watson teaming up once again along with level up and super arcade to bring you the hype. wanna bring your game to that next level? wanna get in some good comp in a friendly yet competitive environment? well Super Arcade is slowly becoming the place to be for all your fighting game needs. we promised you the world, well, WE ARE THE WORLD! official date isnt set in stone yet cause there is a ton of preparation needed to make this happen but we will get it handled and big ups to alejandro valle for coming down and making this possible.

btw, tonight is poppin playas so come get your SF fix in.
    ·
  • Mcroboy90Mcroboy90 SF4 Player Joined: Posts: 12
    Super Arcade
    1211 N Grand Ave
    Walnut, CA 91789

(was in the first post sir.)
    ok tkns!! ;)
    ·
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    wish a nice shiny awesome arcade would pop up in nc.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
    ·
    just got home..... was supposed to close at midnight but due to the amount of fun that was being had beyond control the doors refused to close till 1:30am :) just a fyi, i do not get paid to stay after hours and i am supposed to be there at 10:00am tomorrow to open shop lol........ lets hope that alarm clock still works! anyways, just wanna thank all those that came out to support this place. lots of old and new faces showed up tonight and i really must admit, it truly did feel of that good ol arcade feeling from back in the day. everyone was very well mannered, yes, even luka and sanchez :P and it seemed like everyone was having a great time included mike ross who was losing in "perfect" fashion as least once per game...... thanks again to valle for making the trip and much love and props to all the players tonight. hope to see you all again soon and Good Night!

p.s. 3rd strike fans should come on mondays and thursdays cause pyrolee, aka usa's #1 3s player, will be frequenting Super on those days.
    ·
  • taijitaiji mvc2 forever Joined: Posts: 1,533
    god damn tonight was popping! nice seeing christian, eliver, sanchez, luka, hung, horrible dudley and others again!! eliver's honda >>> mikes hahahah

(posting from outside super in my sleeping bag)
    "I'm inviting all of you to come and watch my after-fight concert, i'm gonna sing 8 songs" - PACQUIAO
    ·
  • mtsac kidmtsac kid Joined: Posts: 1,060
    best time tonight on all games! there were certified killers on each machine...very reminiscent of SHGL days...if it keeps up at this rate, IMO no other arcade would beat us in a Southern California showdown. good games everyone!
    My favorite quote of 2010 - "No.....Nooooo...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....FUCK!!!" Mike Ross during a random AE match with Marn
    My favorite quote of 2011 - "Real men play ST" Ohnuki
    ST and 3S revival while waiting for SFxT..HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    ·
  • SanchezSanchez Needs More Powerbomb Joined: Posts: 3,156
    It's been so long since I had so much fun in an arcade. Good seeing everyone.

Also, Hung, I'm pretty sure those red parries were lucky. Considering you fucked up one out of five. We'll make sure next time.

P.S.--This place is the shit!
    Passion and Gradualness.
    ·
  • syncosynco Joined: Posts: 104
    GG's to the guys playing ST last nite. Most likely will be back this weekend
    ·
  • rsonersone river city rsone Joined: Posts: 960
    this place is the new hotspot. i had so much fun i came to this place twice in 1 day. mutha fkn place has sfvxm!? gaddamn. ill be burning $ and time here. gg

p.s. i rsvp'd all the cactus cooler.
    To many of the pubbles, not enough of the bobbles.
    ·
  • SuperFXSuperFX YOU GET NOTHING Joined: Posts: 1,065
    GGs on ST last night. Haven't had that much fun at an arcade since my old one in Missouri closed four years ago. Actual comp on a Monday night? Too fuckin good.

Bring on arcade WNF
    The 20-mule-team dominates
    ·
  • rsonersone river city rsone Joined: Posts: 960
    everyone was very well mannered, yes, even luka and sanchez

lies ^_^
    To many of the pubbles, not enough of the bobbles.
    ·
  • SPMANSPMAN Joined: Posts: 26
    Is this the same Mike Watson that was only good at HF?
    ·
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495
    He was good at hf? Lies
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
    ·
  • RobustRobust Dip$et xx Team 3 Joined: Posts: 2,925
    I am taking my talents to Super Arcade soon for some Mvc2. Shout outs to Big Poppa Watts!!

As the greatest Mvc2 player in So Cal history, I will take on all challengers who think they are on my level.

Come and see a god.
    game is the game
    ·
  • taijitaiji mvc2 forever Joined: Posts: 1,533
    POZZLE!!!
    "I'm inviting all of you to come and watch my after-fight concert, i'm gonna sing 8 songs" - PACQUIAO
    ·
  • HungbeeHungbee hangbeebo Joined: Posts: 163
    I am taking my talents to Super Arcade soon for some Mvc2. Shout outs to Big Poppa Watts!!

As the greatest Mvc2 player in So Cal history, I will take on all challengers who think they are on my level.

Come and see a god.

I heard that 1994 Mike Ross was unbeatable and I am sure he will play you.
    It's been so long since I had so much fun in an arcade. Good seeing everyone.

Also, Hung, I'm pretty sure those red parries were lucky. Considering you fucked up one out of five. We'll make sure next time.

P.S.--This place is the shit!

We need to test the red parries out again, I think i got too lucky, lol. ggs!
    ·
    just added a twitter for this arcade and maybe a facebook soon. please follow us for updates and you can keep track of when your favorite players come visit us :)

also im out of buttons. if someone has some i can buy or have i would greatly appreciate it. asap please...........
    ·
  • MEGAGAOSERMONMEGAGAOSERMON Joined: Posts: 6
    I'm bad at all games. This place is awesome! Please thank you bye!
    ·
  • pyroleepyrolee Because... Joined: Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    denjin/ffa 3s crew rolling through tonight...me, vinny, cj, pherai, matt chin, eric chin, nice guy mark, maybe more
    Now I will show you the true power of yun.
    ·
    thats sweet pyro. i just tweeted (sigh, cant believe i said that) you guys are coming and hungbee and gootecks are gonna be playing for a bit this afternoon. hopefully we can all get some good games in! thanks for coming! oh and if any of you guys have any buttons, hook me up. ill buy/trade/borrow, w/e, just bring some cause im out...........
    ·
  • redrapperredrapper Rated T for Teen... Joined: Posts: 602
    This place is sick now...
    This is my sig. It's funny because there's words in it... and I've put a semi meaningful quote in here to seem important. "I guess we're all two people." -Val Kilmer, Batman Forever
    See. I smart.
    ·
  • cryptesthesiacryptesthesia Don KONG Joined: Posts: 889
    anyone want to carpool? I live off the 2 and 134
    ·
  • TruckasaurusTruckasaurus SUNDAY!SUNDAY!SUNDAY! Joined: Posts: 1,217
    This is great news, time to get off my ass and start coming out
    Truck-0-Saurus Truck-Stop!
    http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=198554
    Raising Awareness for Optical Joysticks:
    http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=126941
    ·
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭✭
    best time tonight on all games! there were certified killers on each machine...very reminiscent of SHGL days...if it keeps up at this rate, IMO no other arcade would beat us in a Southern California showdown. good games everyone!

You weren't kidding. There was good comp on every machine around 3:30 when I came for MvC2, 3s, AE, and tekken.

Good to see Calvin and Blockable Laser for MvC2. Looks like Ace, Potter, Khaos, and Reset will start coming too?

I forgot how fun 3s is. Nothing better than arcade H2H 3s on working japanese buttons/sticks.
    ·
  • SanchezSanchez Needs More Powerbomb Joined: Posts: 3,156
    We need to test the red parries out again, I think i got too lucky, lol. ggs!

GG's! I need to hit up Devil X for the anti Hung strats.
    Passion and Gradualness.
    ·
  • XBladesXBlades "Where there is a will, there is a way." Joined: Posts: 619
    this place has changed allot since spring session was over at mtsac. glad to see this place had some renovations! now with fall coming up, there will be new and old players struggling to stay on the machines!!
    Flame Kick FADC...?
    "A good offense is a good defense"
    ·
  • DentronDentron THUG LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,300
    I haven't been to Super in like 2 years, what notable fighting games are there?
    ·
  • matrixmattmatrixmatt Joined: Posts: 139
    couldn't stop looking at the aliens vs predator game...haven't haven't seen that shit in forever...but good games in 3s (elena player) probably be there 2moro evening for wangan, 3s, and tekken.

---
    hey watson , a while back i know the previous arcade owner had hokuto no ken, cvs2, and the first gundam vs game. do you have those now or did the previous owner sell those?
    ·
  • Blockable LaserBlockable Laser Big Windup Joined: Posts: 249
    Good games to everyone tonight. Had to come see the revamped Super Arcade. Keep up the good work Watson.
    ·
  • GaspGasp | | | | | Joined: Posts: 4,611
    Superb arcade
    Lunchtime Shopper
    ·
  • SiegelementSiegelement Joined: Posts: 133
    nice place. HF machine wouldn't take my quarter, I come back and it's fixed without me even saying anything, 3s cab feels good too

·
  • jmzjmz bears are powerful, me too. Joined: Posts: 80
    Awesome, just in time for mt sac to start =) I haven't came thru Super Arcade all summer. I'll be watching that twitter and this thread.

Not super important, but have you kept the Beatmania IIDX RED machine?
    ·
  • iidxutjiidxutj YOGURT FLAME! Joined: Posts: 122
    Awesome, just in time for mt sac to start =) I haven't came thru Super Arcade all summer. I'll be watching that twitter and this thread.

Not super important, but have you kept the Beatmania IIDX RED machine?
    The IIDX Red machine is still there, sadly it's moving to FFA. I think that machine would get A LOT LOT more attention if it had a new monitor, nobody bothered to play it because it was too narrow to read and its meant for wide screen. That's the last of the good IIDX machines in Socal and most of the best players in Socal played at AI consistently. R.I.P IIDX.

Overall good shit Watson for taking care of the arcade.
    ·