Do YOU do any Martial Arts?

Comments

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,772
    Everytime i see idiots with pant below their ass i want to pants them
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,103 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gimpy wrote: »
    Sounds like y'all need you a pair of these....
    chuck-norris-action-jeans-940x646.jpg

I'll see you and raise you
    lXYG97Q.gif

Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,020
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    MCP wrote: »
    Yea, those jeans will keep my balls from getting squished while kicking. It's a real problem.

I always buy clothes through the lens of needing to disengage and run from an unexpected fight.

Streets: Disengage, run, 911, pint

I buy clothes to look sharp. Life's too short to look ugly. Don't want my best dressed day to be my funeral.

You can do both. You don't need to be that dude in tactical shorts and a polo with a white undershirt, wearing a paracord bracelet and grandpa sandals.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,813
    edited March 6
    dab00g wrote: »
    Lame fucking martial art

Get your shit wrecked

If I was looking to get my dick sucked by you, there's other, more cost-efficient methods of ensuring it.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Blah your the one who talked about sucking dick bud
    dab00g wrote: »
    Lame fucking martial art

Get your shit wrecked

If I was looking to get my dick sucked by you, there's other, more cost-efficient methods of ensuring it.

How much did you pay when you got caught wanking in that theater mate?

Also I prefer your mugshot with the glass over the one without

tumblr_l3hzfkn4we1qbe6tvo1_500.jpg

1024.lewd.peewee.mh.071912.jpg
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    edited March 7
    Wasted wrote: »
    Punching is natural. Boxing is not.
    Yet, every bouncer I've met says punching is stupid.

LOL, who the hell said I was bouncer? I'm not throwing people out of clubs, I'm knocking them the fuck out.

Nobody did. But, I'll heed their advice over someone whose first instinct is to KO someone on PCP.

When have I fought anyone on PCP?

You said you've fought drug addicts. It's a fair extrapolation.

PCP, really? The strength enhancing, pain numbing drug that makes people unreasonable? I wasn't even giving advice to someone like you, and my profession certainly isn't for someone like you. If I gave you advice I'd say run away whenever anyone attacks you, if you can't run away just let them beat you up then call the police afterwards. Like I said, I've been in a lot of "real" fights and boxing (with some grappling) is the most effective straight to the point martial art, and I also participate in BJJ and Muay Thai.

If you get physically attacked by someone on PCP your first instinct should be to knock that person out cold, that's exactly what I would do. One of my colleagues politely tried to reason with someone on PCP, he even offered to buy him food but he was beaten up instead. He had 3 of his fingers broken and bite marks on his neck.

In a year I've seen 20 new employees join the company I work for and leave within a month or two. When I first started this job two of my colleagues resigned within a week, right after our intensive one week, 12hour a day induction course. One decided not to turn up because he couldn't hack the first day, the second guy who was an ex police office left after a vagrant attacked him with an umbrella. My new operations manager who had only just joined the company a month earlier decided to patrol with me one day because he thought our confrontations with drug addicts were fabricated. 20minutes into his first patrol with me an Irish traveller smashed a bottle of Jack Daniels over his head. You also need to know how to talk to people but some people can not be reasoned with. Boxing with some stand up Roman Greco/Freestyle wrestling (sprawling) is the most effective straight to the point martial arts and it's helped me plenty of times.
    Post edited by Sexperienced. on
    If you get physically attacked by someone on PCP your first instinct should be to knock that person out cold, that's exactly what I would do.

Knocking out the man who feels no pain and can shrug off bullets.

...Right....

• Sexperienced.Sexperienced. kdh Joined: Posts: 5,281
    What?? PCP gives the user the effect of being invincible but it doesn't actually make them invincible... you do know this right?
    He's talking about that Australian pcp bro.
    Mains:
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,301
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Nah bro every street fight should go to the ground because we all know how much fun it is to roll around on broken glass and hiv infected needles. My personal favorite is trying to put someone in a triangle choke and getting my head stomped on by their friends!!

This is spot on dude. If you can't avoid a fight you want to minimise the effect of your environment and be able to disengage if things get uglier. Both of those things are easier on your feet.

If you get physically attacked by someone on PCP your first instinct should be to knock that person out cold, that's exactly what I would do.

...Right....

Do you know how the human body works man? Blows square on the chin or to the temple rattle the brain by creating shockwaves in the head, it's like if you pick up a laptop and shake the shit out of it, it shuts down to avoid further damage. It doesn't matter what they feel. Believe me if willpower or ignoring pain was everything there would be very few professional fighters ever getting knocked out as they'd push themselves through it. Real life aint Naruto man. You can't will yourself to shrug off hits by thinking about Sensei's memory, it doesn't work like that and drugs that mask pain can make you harder to deter but they 100% don't stop you being knocked the fuck out.
    If you are going to be on top make sure you establish knee on belly or a leg ride as they turtle up

If you have a clue how to control a rube you are pretty much golden

...Right....

Do you know how the human body works man? Blows square on the chin or to the temple rattle the brain by creating shockwaves in the head, it's like if you pick up a laptop and shake the shit out of it, it shuts down to avoid further damage. It doesn't matter what they feel. Believe me if willpower or ignoring pain was everything there would be very few professional fighters ever getting knocked out as they'd push themselves through it. Real life aint Naruto man. You can't will yourself to shrug off hits by thinking about Sensei's memory, it doesn't work like that and drugs that mask pain can make you harder to deter but they 100% don't stop you being knocked the fuck out.

Normal people can't will themselves through high voltage electricity or metal shrapnel, yet PCP users do so routinely. It's got nothing to do with willpower.

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 716
    I've never met somebody on PCP, but my natural response varies by distance and direction. I've walked by trash can with a squirrel jumping out ninja style while making a combustion like sound and I instantly jumped back a meter. Somebody nearly walked into me while I was turning the corner without paying attention and my fist was halfway to his chin before I realized. Somebody came up on my blind side and my elbow was half way to his face before I realized. If aware, I would likely grapple, push, box, strike vitals, or weak points in a tactical matter. Can't wrestle on the ground to save my life, but always land in good positions ready to wring somebody's neck, legs, or arms. I do not wear shoes or pants suitable for kicking, so I would refrain from throwing anything but head kicks while backing away, knees while grappling, low kicks while throwing combinations. Elbows to the spine, kidney punches, knees to chin, eye gouges, or fish-hooks I would refrain from using unless necessary.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,813
    edited March 8
    angelpalm wrote: »
    ow much did you pay when you got caught wanking in that theater mate?

Also I prefer your mugshot with the glass over the one without

I prefer you not pretending to be anything but Uncle Ruckus.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk

...Right....

Normal people can't will themselves through high voltage electricity or metal shrapnel, yet PCP users do so routinely. It's got nothing to do with willpower.

Dunno about PCP but I'm starting to think you're on something.

...Right....

Caffeine, mostly. Never said I wasn't an addict.

...Right....

Caffeine, mostly. Never said I wasn't an addict.

Nah mang. I drink more caffeine than anyone I've ever met and I'm not as delusional as you seem to be about how the fuck the human body actually works outside of the movies.
    If you are going to throw a kick in a fight

Throw a good leg kick and definitely a stiff kick to the calf

Dudes spin and fall because calf kicks will fuck your shit up
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Might start Wing Chun next month.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    This whole forum is trigger happy. I'm bored with Taekwon Do, and changed my mind about Muy Thai.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    Wing Chun is cool as an art and works fine against other Chinese martial arts practitioners it's just useless in an actual fight. If it wasn't, it would have been incorporated into MMA by now.
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,699
    Wing Chun is like karate and Krav Maga and Tae Kwon Do in the sense that there is a lot of mall horseshit out there.

There are also variations the style depending on which lineage you are studying under and some of those lineages aren't that good, combined with the fact that it is pretty esoteric.

Good luck not finding a master who is teaching you slap boxing.

Good Wing Chun exists and I guess I'm lucky to know what it is.

MMA isn't martial arts or a good representation of what good self-defense is. I think Rener and Ryron Gracie touched on that.

Whatever. Do your own research and make your oen opinions.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
    Rener still butt hurt over catch being better than gracie jiu jitsu

Hell they still butt hurt over 10th planet

MMA is a better representation of what is possible

Sure you can go back to nhb days, but a highly skilled guy with impetus to gouge, fish hook, and nut grab is scarier than that bro who says "come at me bro!" Followed by windmills or really sloppy overhand rights

In those wshh it is always a slow and uncoordinated overhand.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
    edited March 10
    Wing Chun is like karate and Krav Maga and Tae Kwon Do in the sense that there is a lot of mall horseshit out there.
    Add JKD in bold to that list
    Wing Chun is cool as an art and works fine against other Chinese martial arts practitioners it's just useless in an actual fight. If it wasn't, it would have been incorporated into MMA by now.

That's not how it works, as Bruce Lee would say take what is useful discard what is not. Noone is going to pop out into a WC stance but there are elements/concepts of WC that can be very useful in MMA. Back when WC was created all the kung fu styles were throwing circular punches and kicks, WC taught straight lines, changing angles, speed drills and economy of motion.
    Wing Chun is shit compared to boxing
    Why not do silat instead if you want no glove fighting
    Outside of just dirty fighting and improvising with your environment being able to box and being able to wrestle is all you need to fight well. Muay Thai as well I guess because it teaches you how to fight in a clinch.
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 3,267
    Gimpy wrote: »
    I'm going to let y'all in on a little secret. The best martial art for you to take is.....
    The one that YOU decide to practice!

One of the best posts around. Just because it works for you, it doesn't mean it will work for me. Choose whatever martial art fits you and go for it. I picked Shotokan Karate and I'm very happy with my choice.

• ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800

It's just not popular in America.

Kind of like how real football (soccer) is not popular in America and the US is trash at it.
    edited March 11
    .....Bruce Lee was American and is pretty much the only reason aside from Ip Man that WC is popular now. Wing Chun is probably the most common Chinese system around, unfortunately.

• Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,699
    Wing Chun is popular in Hong Kong and the areas around mostly. Wing Chun used to wreck those Choy Li Fut guys on the rooftops and it just became a trend for self-defense. They weren't ready to catch those hands.

I don't think martial arts are popular period.
    The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,054
    @Tekno Virus

She doesn't need any protection