Ventura County Thread

IanskieIanskie Keep WatchJoined: Posts: 598
edited August 2014 in Pacific South
Welcome to the Ventura County thread! If you'd like, you can fill out a short profile in the post below to make it easier for folks to add you. Happy gaming!
Post edited by Ianskie on

Comments

• IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 598
    edited August 2014

Player Form:

Handle:
    Name:
    XBL:
    Currently Playing:

Post edited by Ianskie on
    Seth's is looking in to setting up casuals/ tournies once again at their place. The first possible dat is this coming Sunday the 5th at 2PM,

MORE INFO TBA
    Reserved for whatever.
  • Golden SunGolden Sun Not the headbite! Joined: Posts: 139
    Handle: Golden Sun
    Name: Jon
    PSN:
    XBL: G0lden 5un (the 0 is a zero)
    Currently Playing: Marvel 3, SSFIV AE
    XBL: G0lden 5un
  • PaperPaper Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Or you could use facebook, because there are several different groups specifically for Socal SF4/MVC3/SFxT players

http://www.facebook.com/groups/148312825225229/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/214817961900983/
    D͠e̕͜n̡j̢͝i͡ņ A̴r̶͢͡c̴a̛͢͡d͜͜e
  • ExuroExuro Pink Wig Party Joined: Posts: 10
    Handle: Exuro
    Name: Anthony
    PSN: Exuro45
    XBL:
    Currently Playing: AE and Marvel 3.
  • Chimpan-AChimpan-A Joined: Posts: 135
    Handle: Chimpan-A
    Name: Max
    PSN: Chimpan-A
    Currently Playing: AE and MK. And I really want to play some offline MK!

Great idea man.
    Or you could use facebook, because there are several different groups specifically for Socal SF4/MVC3/SFxT players

http://www.facebook.com/groups/148312825225229/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/214817961900983/

I could, the thing about that is that not everybody knows each other on Facebook. And this way when someone local is barely getting into the scene and they find this thread, they can immediately find people to play via online.

Plus, some people just don't have Facebook.
  • DuralathDuralath 3S Gatekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Handle: Duralath
    Name: 'Drew
    PSN: Duralath
    XBL: Duralath (I haven't used my XBL in years, though)
    Currently Playing: SSF4 for the time being until 3SOE comes back out.
    CFN: Duralath/ServantArcher FightCade: ServantArcher/Kyros Valchion
    3rd Strike: Alex/Makoto/Yun
    Street Fighter V:: Karin/Alex
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Page updated!
  • Kira805Kira805 Joined: Posts: 27
    Handle: Hadou
    Name: Jerry
    PSN: SRKGoshujinSama
    XBL: SRKGoshujinSama
    Currently Playing: SSF4AE, 3rd Strike, Marvel's, BBCS2, MK9, Melty Blood Act Cadenza, Arcana Hearts 3,
    That's all i'm playing right now.^.^v
    Kohaku Will Kill Your Family And Devour Your Soul. Look KirbyRog Q("Q)
  • JonathanJonathan cloud805 Joined: Posts: 31
    Handle:cloud805er
    Name:Jonathan
    PSN:
    XBL:cloud805er
    Currently Playing:mvc3
  • ELITEPLAYER2011ELITEPLAYER2011 Joined: Posts: 21
    Do u guys know of any good arcade nearby here in the ventura area
    Aw man, too bad the Thursday Fights didn't end up being on Tuesdays. I have every Tuesday off and work every Thursday :rofl: I'll definitely make it down if I get a day off.
  • UltimaMuffinUltimaMuffin Joined: Posts: 1
    Handle: UltimaMuffin
    Name: Diego
    PSN: UltimaMuffin
    XBL:
    Currently Playing: SSFIV AE
    Elite: As far as I know, all the good arcades are shut down. The rest are remnants. You can try your hand with Golf 'n' Stuff, but in fighting game terms, I don't recall them really having any machines, though... I haven't been there in years.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Aw man, too bad the Thursday Fights didn't end up being on Tuesdays. I have every Tuesday off and work every Thursday :rofl: I'll definitely make it down if I get a day off.

aww, that really is a bummer :/
    Do u guys know of any good arcade nearby here in the ventura area
    Golf N' Stuff has MVC2, Tekken 5, and Rage of The Dragons, but all of their machines are poorly maintained. Ventura College actually has a decent arcade, it has Third Strike, MVC, MVC2, Soul Caliber 2, Tekken Tag, KOF 98, KOF 03, and the machines get repaired frequently.

Other then that there are little things here and there but those are the only two places that I actually have seen people playing at.
  • ELITEPLAYER2011ELITEPLAYER2011 Joined: Posts: 21
    COOL THANKS KINDA SUCKS THEY SHUT DOWN THE GOOD ARCADES BUT THANKS 4 THE HEADS UP HOW THE I KNOW IT USED TO CRACKIN UP THERE. ELITEPLAYER2011 IS MY PSN TAG IF U GUYS EVER WANNA PLAY. THANKS FOR THE INFO
    Hey, VC actually has machines? Maybe I'll stop there on my breaks when I'm in Ventura. Especially if 3S is decent.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Yeah, There used to be some strong players at VC but the majority of them are gone, but there is still some decent comp. There may be some people back this semester so we'll see. Since school starts tomorrow
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    im moving to Port Hueneme on sunday. i dont have xbl atm since im short on funds due to school but i'll be back on sometime by the end of sept or sooner.

Handle: Ozzy (or Oz)
    Name: Oswaldo
    PSN: axlbomber
    XBL: Mr Karate
    Currently Playing: sf4, bbcs2, guilty gear, marvel 3, mk9, 3s, kof13, cvs2, ah3.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663383364
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
    oh nice, where are you going to school? wee should play sometime.
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    csuci.
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • Hideo117Hideo117 Close, but no cigar. Joined: Posts: 2
    Name: Khanh
    XBL: Hideo117
    Currently Playing: SSF4 AE and maybe 3rd strike.
    XBL Gamertag : Hideo117
    Playing : SSF4 AE
    Tomorrow is the first Thursday Throw Down! We are going to have two setups. One PS3, and one 360.
    What time are you guys starting, again? I may be able to make it out once I'm done with work. I'll keep my stick in my work vehicle, just in case.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    It is going to be between 10:00 AM and 3 PM or so, it could run later though. We'll see how the turn out is.
    Yesterday went well, about ten people showed up and we had some good games!
    Let me know if anyone in the Ventura area is down to play some offline MK or SF. I should be out of work by 6 every day this week, and have next Tuesday and Wednesday off. Don't really care about skill level or if it's tourney, casual, whatever. Can't host, just wanna play!
    Is the VC Fights thing still going? I might be able to go this week if it is...
    Yes, you should try and make it out! And that goes for anyone in this thread!
    BUMP

Events list updated with new event! Saturday game night and tournaments at Seth's Games and Anime in Ventura.
    Saturday sounds good, hopefully will be able to make it out to that. Any general idea what games will be played and how many usually show up?
  • Yuri_GogglesYuri_Goggles Sup Joined: Posts: 4
    Name: Chris
    Xbox: Yuri Goggles
    Currently Playing: Marvel 3, Actress Again

I'm glad to know there is a fight scene here in VC. Nice to meet you all. So, this Saturday?
  • GoldioGoldio Joined: Posts: 23
    Handle: Goldio
    Name: Doug
    Xbox: Goldio
    Currently Playing: MvC3, 3rd Strike, Melee

I'm not sure if this is the right place but i see alot of you guys are in the Camarillo Oxnard area so i figured it would be good to talk to some of you. Me and a couple of my friends have been regularly getting together and training, and are looking to push it into some sort of weekly. We travel out to Wednesday Night Fights at Super Arcade but it's over an hour away and is tournament with a very low chance of playing casuals. Right now we are looking at doing a weekly for thursday (although this day is up for debate) and are kind of just looking to get a head count. My best friend is an RA at CSUCI and has mentioned he could get me a good sized room (20-30 people could fit in there well) without a charge for venue if i could get him some numbers of people who would actually attend.

The games we would most likely play would be MvC3 (UMvC3 upon release), SSF4 AE (AE 2012 upon release), 3rd strike, and possibly BBcs2 and MK9.

So if this at all sounds interesting to you guys, just PM me here or on Xbox live or send me an email - Goldio00@yahoo.com, and i will also be posting this in the Socal marvel 3 and AE threads. Hope to hear from you guys.

And if this wasn't a good place to post it I'm sorry, If you guys weren't doing your thing saturday i would try to make it.
    A Thursday thing? Possibly.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    @chipman: last weekend there was a 12 man tourney for ssf4. And if there is enough interest for any game people will play it at least casually.

@Goldio: Yes, you've come to the right place. A weekly gathering sounds great! I am shooting you an email.
  • C.LazC.Laz Joined: Posts: 1
    Handle:C.laz
    Name:Christian
    PSN:
    XBL:ShinNero
    Currently Playing:MvC3, SS4AE
    Thursday at 8 could be doable. Or if you wanted to do a Friday thing to end the week, maybe.

Also, who's planning trips to WNF? I might be interested in going with some of you cats. I can chip in for gas money, too, and help with strats.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
  • Kira805Kira805 Joined: Posts: 27
    Yo to all that know me and hello to those who don't, my name is Jerry and i feel like having all the best fighters of the 805 area in one location on Saturday nights, at Seths Games and Anime shop in Ventura. They have been holding these SF (3rd Strike and AE) tourneys for some time now. Entry fee is a measly $5 per tournament. If the turnout is big enough they hand out cash prizes to the winners. Come show your skills amongst your fellow SF players, have fun and maybe win some cash while you're at it! haha. Bonus: I'll be awarding the winner(s) a set of brand mutha fuckin new Sanwa buttons of your color choice!!! So every Saturday night at Seth's Games and Anime in Ventura around 8pm (usually). Show up, Throw down, win money, get bitches!!! I'll be bringing my A game because im sooooo M.S.F. RANK!!! Seth's Games and Anime is located at :
    2379 East Main Street
    Ventura, CA 93003-2601
    Kohaku Will Kill Your Family And Devour Your Soul. Look KirbyRog Q("Q)