Super Turbo revival in Southern California at Super Arcade

Comments

• DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    What if I call voltech to go out and pay him to do it for Mike Watson. Will that work? Pay for the the labor to put in the parts I mean, I'm hoping he already has the parts since it is an arcade.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    So we have people in US who would not get an IL Euro and Comp buttons, but get Japanese parts on a stand-up cab? You guys are too "ladyish"!

Edit: alright, Paro-Da. But Paper is still too ladyish!
  • Paro-DaParo-Da ICEY BLUE RYU / PINK CLAW Joined: Posts: 554
    We don't want Japanese parts on a us cab, it doesn't mount in an ideal manner compared to a flat japanese control panel
  • moocusmoocus internets? Joined: Posts: 869
    tbh putting a couple jlf sticks with sanwa buttons in the showcase cab doesn't seem like it'd be that bad. we can just sit on stools. most people play on jap parts by now. i'm pretty sure sf4 players would rally for japanese parts if their cab had american stuff on it. some guys might prefer american, sure, but it's a pretty small minority compared most everyone else that is already accustomed to playing on sanwa.

then again i don't really know what mounting sanwa sticks and buttons to an american panel entails. if it's a big hassle and won't even feel right then it's probably not worth pursuing.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    As long as I can sit down comfortably to play ST on japanese parts...I'm a happy man. Don't really much care if it's on a showcase cab or a H2H setup. Ideally it would be great if we could have american parts on the showcase cab up front and just convert the HSF2 cab to super turbo and fix that weird wiring problem.
    it doesn't matter much to me if the hsf2 is switched to st, but either way i'd like to see the setup become head to head either way. we're all adults and playing 2 players on a single candy cab is just way too cramped. that's the reason why we're saying to put jap parts on the showcase cab; that way at least we'd have some elbow room to play comfortably.

i just really can't play on american parts at all. maybe i'm a minority, i don't know.
    I see. The original western ST cab had the sticks way too close. But one can just make a new panel, it is not really expensive.
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I'm pretty sure watts doesn't come here.
    I think you guys should post your questions / suggestions to this thread instead

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/super-mfing-arcade-the-next-generation.143162/

I agreed with all of you though. Japanese candy cab is not designed for 2 Americans playing side by side.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    I really want to plan a trip to super arcade for some Super T casuals bring the whole krew down :)
  • Paro-DaParo-Da ICEY BLUE RYU / PINK CLAW Joined: Posts: 554
    I think you guys should post your questions / suggestions to this thread instead

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/super-mfing-arcade-the-next-generation.143162/

I agreed with all of you though. Japanese candy cab is not designed for 2 Americans playing side by side.

I mentioned to him about this thread the other day when I was over at super, definitely post in the super arcade thread/tell him in person if you have any suggestions. Would really like to get things going so we can have a solid place to practice/casuals/maybe even thursday or weekend tournaments before SoCal Regionals rolls around..

It's been mentioned there as well. Mike said he's working on it, and I'm sure he's got a huge to-do list with ST not being its top priority. Hopefully it'll get done soon, but in the meantime, I still enjoy playing offline ST with...pretty much anyone who's willing to play it instead of AE or MVC3.
    I really want to plan a trip to super arcade for some Super T casuals bring the whole krew down :)

Be sure to post when you're planning on dropping by, I'd love to meet more ST heads and get some casuals in.
    bump for an idea:

how hard would it be to implement this in the showcase cab? i have an extra hrap panel to give away if it's a good idea.
    thats nice.^^^^ I would chip in for the second one.
    Ah shit..    
  • mtsac kidmtsac kid Joined: Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ST tonight folks, lets go!
    My favorite quote of 2010 - "No.....Nooooo...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....FUCK!!!" Mike Ross during a random AE match with Marn
    My favorite quote of 2011 - "Real men play ST" Ohnuki
    ST and 3S revival while waiting for SFxT..HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    ST tonight folks, lets go!

Any chance you'll be showing up tomorrow night for ST?
  • mtsac kidmtsac kid Joined: Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    should be there around 4pm today for some ST
    My favorite quote of 2010 - "No.....Nooooo...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....FUCK!!!" Mike Ross during a random AE match with Marn
    My favorite quote of 2011 - "Real men play ST" Ohnuki
    ST and 3S revival while waiting for SFxT..HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • watsonwatson Joined: Posts: 1,345
    just a heads up. replaced the happ comps with OG WICO 360's. aka the stick of legends from SHGL days. had many people try em out and they are working in perfect condition. no more excuses, come down and play! all this jap stick crap for ST?? screw that. anyways, new sticks working perfectly on a good showcase cab. trying to please all you guys so come down and give it a shot.
    Super Arcade is the official host for WNF and TRB!
    follow us on twitter for updates on events and out of town visitors
    http://twitter.com/#!/SuperDojo
    come check out one of the last arcades before its too late!!!
    Its time for the revival.
    Ah shit..    
    Awesome. P360 omg. good luck having blanka on your face. You got to exercise that forearm muscle. And next day you can't even type on the keyboard lol
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    ownage
    Yeah, right... :rolleyes:
    snip
    ST is a man's game. And maybe also for those 2 Japanese girls that play as Chun, but that's about it. You gotta grow strength, manliness, aggressiveness, violence, that sort of thing.

I've been saying this for years: "It is not enough to screw girls: you must do it like a man."
  • watsonwatson Joined: Posts: 1,345
    wico 360's are not stiff like you think. ask mtsackid or para-do what they think since they both frequent the place and both seem to think they work great. iono.......... cant hate on something youve never seen or used..........
    Super Arcade is the official host for WNF and TRB!
    follow us on twitter for updates on events and out of town visitors
    http://twitter.com/#!/SuperDojo
    come check out one of the last arcades before its too late!!!
    snip
    I ask that whoever tests these, please post his impressions. To this day, I have still not adapted to Japanese sticks, and my IL one can't be anchored cos the stick case where it is mounted sucks.
    lol excuse my ignorance i only know happ comp and p360. i thought wico 360 = p360

either way, that's very good news
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The sticks in the ST cab are basically loose P360s. At home, and at most arcades, I play on Japanese sticks, but the sticks that are on the ST cab at Super Arcade are perfectly fine. Basically, the switches cannot be felt, and they have the throw of a normal 8-way American (maybe slightly shorter distance).

In short: They're awesome! Thanks Watts!
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
    st tomorrow (saturday) night!!

me, papercut and maybe synco will be there. i look forward to playing some real offline st
    I'll bring my puppy, and wear her in a back pack while i play.
    Ah shit..    
    I think a parrot would suit you better. You can teach it to say, "Braawwk, you lost because you messed up a complicated super setup when a regular typhoon would have sufficed... BRAAWWWK!!"
    LOLOLOLOLOLZZZzzzzZZZZZzzZZZZZ

Why bother to play if it's not complicated? No one remembers the boring wins. If I had the choice to win or go for the fancy super, I'd go for the super any day.
    Ah shit..    
  • DecimatesDecimates Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey Dngr, Moocus and Synco, you guys going for sure today if so what time? Offline sounds fun.
    looks like we're going to try and shoot for around 9 pm.
    looks like we're going to try and shoot for around 9 pm.

You guys down to grab some muffins along the way?
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
    You guys down to grab some muffins along the way?

where you at muffin?
    Ah shit..    
    where you at muffin?

Off of Jefferson and Crenshaw. Is it on the way???
    In torrence?
    Ah shit..    
    In torrence?

Nah. By the 10 freeway at Crenshaw.
    Nah. By the 10 freeway at Crenshaw.

PM me the google maps. I'll see what I can do.
    Ah shit..    
    Done.
    just got back from a long session. stick is fixed and legit, competition is legit. EVERYONE should come out. no more excuses. showcase cab, legit controls, good competition. bring your ass out. nuff said.
    Ah shit..    
    who's nuff?
    I'm loving the new sticks on the showcase cab. They're a massive improvement over the previous ones and I'm hitting my dragon punches all the time now.