Super Street Fighter II Turbo GGPO Hitbox Overlay

2»

Comments

• DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Did you get around to adding the yellow throw box to this yet?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Yes, I have throw boxes enabled on my own version. But since throws are only written once in memory and never cleared I have to attach a debugger to set a breakpoint on writing to those two addresses (player 1 and 2) and catch the exception to know when to draw the box. The problem is I haven't been playing ST much because I've been having way too much fun with Vampire Savior and never tested it during a real match, the breakpoints may cause desyncs, but for spectating they work great.

See as how useless Bastard and Soto both find the tool I may never release an updated version. I love how people think I'm obligated to do this shit when I'm just trying to be a nice guy and share what it is that I am doing for my own amusement.

EDIT:

Hahahahaha:
    <Pasky> soto i made a xp version
    <Pasky> finished it
    <$oto> really
    <Pasky> ya you want it
    <$oto> imma try that one
    <Pasky> HAHA GTFO here
    <Pasky> i didnt make shit for you stupid lol
    <$oto> dude i really think thing thast is useless

LoL....nuff said.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I was not worried about Supercade, but having the boxes for input replays. I can not test it cos I use Win XP (for GGPO; Linux otherwise).
    Yes, it works for the ggpo replays fine.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    Let's give appreciation to those who try to help the game's scene. Hostile infighting is lame.
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    If you don't like the program/item fine... keep it moving no need to even waste your own time trying to bait or share an opinion.
    Respected... simple as that.
    The quotes show what this is all about, he's mad it doesn't work on his computer so he down plays it. Whatever, he says I changed it, all I did was remove the text from others in between ours, I didn't forge anything ask anyone in the chat. The minute it works for him, he's excited, the minute it doesn't, it's a useless tool. He's got nothing better to do than troll then that's cool, I'm glad Koop is being active around here so this stupid crap can finally end.

Like really, you think it's great ask for a version, don't get it, delete your post then say it's dumb, then get caught red handed doing a 180 in chat and now I forge the chat log....it's just so stupid. If you don't like it, don't post. Simple.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    Can`t take one opinion (well bastard and uc also have that opinion), i got 2 computers 1 with win7 and another with xp , but what is the point anyway, you just get in the chat insult me and then pm koop crying, if you going to insult me it`s obvious i would answer back and as far as i go, i just play , ggs, and talk with the non socially awkward people
    Trolls are so stupid.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    turbos n macros r not :)
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    Heh, the things you can do....

like add a crossup indicator to tell you which way to block:

The text was just to test. I have it set to have a giant green circle sprite on the char portrait for a normal block and giant red X sprite for a crossup.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    Heh, the things you can do....

like add a crossup indicator to tell you which way to block:

The text was just to test. I have it set to have a giant green circle sprite on the char portrait for a normal block and giant red X sprite for a crossup.

that's something borderline that shouldn't be released to the public. you can share with it with people like me lol but someone can obviously use it to cheat (like a weekly tournament or king of ggpo)

likewise i know people use input watcher to cheat vs certain characters... oh well

maybe update your mame lua script with this, that'll be cool
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 276
    Borderline? IMO the hitbox display by itself is a cheat, just like input watcher can be (but input watcher is beneficial against the "decathlon pros" so thats ok IMO). Pasky please keep that for yourself.
    I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    homo check the overlaped sprite cross up with fei. What happens if your sprite is on one side and the hit box on another ? Does that just read what side the crossing up char is on?
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Character's axis is the only thing that matters. Only thing I'm unsure of is if you need to block normally is when:

P1's X == P2's X

I think you just block normally, it's not until they move -1 behind your x it's a crossup.

Hitbox position doesn't matter, it's where your axis and their axis is.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    man I wanna see neck breaker dict cross ups & wall dives.

oh man and ryu tatsus
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    I don't understand whats going on in here.
    Ah shit..    
  • cammy-whitecammy-white Joined: Posts: 748
    I would keep that to yourself pasky. It wound ruin the point of taking the risk in certain situations as someone could read exactly how to block. Would ruin some of the online play for me.
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    That's pretty awesome Pasky. I wanna see Deejay's jump Forward (I hate that friggin normal lol).

But yeah, I agree with some posters here, this may be going a little too far. If you could somehow restrict the feature only to 1P mode but not for 2P versus mode, for training purposes only. Other than that, it's pretty amazing.
    I'm not gonna release stuff like that, I barely even play ST now and when I do I don't even use the overlay unless I test something. I find it more distracting than helpful when playing. It is wonderful for spectating though. Seeing Embryo bud, Hydlide, and mysterious fighter use their normals with godlike precision with the htibox display on is crazy.

I even have a setting that will display if a close normal will come out instead of far, and can setup a framework to tell me if I'm within crossup distance or not. Crazy stuff you can do haha.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    I still don't know whats going on, but why not just release what ever you're working on if its that crazy. It's not like online tournies mean anything. And you can't use this for offline.
    Ah shit..    
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    Hmm, I'm interested in this. but Megaupload seems to have been raided... can anyone re up the file somewhere?
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I even have a setting that will display if a close normal will come out instead of far, and can setup a framework to tell me if I'm within crossup distance or not. Crazy stuff you can do haha.
    But it depends on the normal!
    • Ryu's close RH: very far
    • Ryu's close Fierce: average
    • Ryu's close Strong: close
    IMHO, what you have released is good enough. What we could use are:
    • Training mode fix that makes impact freeze and recovery work as intended
    • SSF2X dizzy bar and HUD
    • Combo damage counter (dizzy is not that needed: we just wait for the timer to run out)
    • In-game turbo detector (well, we have the input watch, but w/e)
    Updated the download URL since the original seemed broken.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • F-A-M-I-L-Y ManF-A-M-I-L-Y Man feedin you and feedin you Joined: Posts: 229
    Awesome! I'm going to download it tonight. Are the throwboxes included in this one? I'd love to get a look at Guile's airthrow boxes on diagonal jumps compared to vertical, and there's a couple other throw oddities I've wanted to test.
    GGPO: Pillowhashi
    No throw boxes, not gonna release that version as it attaches a debugger to the emulator and can cause false positives with anti-virus and you'll need administrative rights and dont wanna deal with the headache of people uanble to get it to work.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • F-A-M-I-L-Y ManF-A-M-I-L-Y Man feedin you and feedin you Joined: Posts: 229
    Gotcha, thanks for updating the link in any case.
    GGPO: Pillowhashi
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    You changed the link text on your first post, but he link still points to where it did before. But thanks for reuploading, I'll try it out tomorrow
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
    You changed the link text on your first post, but he link still points to where it did before. But thanks for reuploading, I'll try it out tomorrow

Ah thanks, apparently the stupid edit keeps the link location if you just overwrite the text, should be fixed now.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
2»