Chun-Li general discussion (SFxT)

PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your sideJoined: Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
ss_preview_Chun_Li.jpg.jpg

The thigh queen makes her way to another crossover. Man hands and SF4 model original outfit nipple bumps ftw! :woot:

Ahem.

Perhaps the biggest shakeup so far is that Lightning Legs/Hyakuretsu Kyaku is motion-based (as opposed to repeated/piano'd for every other game). This can lead into some very interesting combos/tag combos.

A few vids and stuff known so far

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/27/sfxt-and-umvc3-comic-cn-archives/ (apologies for the slain koalas, tried mirrors but they all pointed to EH)

http://torontotoptiers.com/street-fighter/gamespot-covers-capcom-panel-umvc3-sfxt/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLrUgp0hRKM

(interesting Chun-Ibuki stuff at 0:41 onwards)

Known moveset so far (thanks d3v and Jae)
LLegs: :qcf: +:k:
SBK: ch.:d:,:u:+:k:
Kikoken: :hcf:+:p:
Hazan-shu: :hcb:+:k:
Super Art: :hcf:+:3k:

BnB. st:mp: xx :qcf: +:k: Tag Cancel into partner.

More to come
"The secret to strength is daily training."
Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode

Comments

• NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,219
    Man hands? Don't talk about my Chun like that! She is the hottest SF woman! :) (imo)

Well, I can definitely say that she will be in most of my teams, she is my SSF4 and AE main and the changes (Lightning Legs input) are really great imo.
    I think she will be a good character in this game, because she has great footsies (and they are very important in SFxT, they can lead to 40%dmg combos) and her Lightning Legs move looks like to be perfect for Tag Cancel.

EDIT: Why didn't you name the thread like that "Legs of Justice the Chun Li thread!" :D
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li, Juri
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Master Raven, Eliza, Nina, Katarina
    BB CF: Nine, Mai
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    Chun-Li x Xiaoyu baby! Still waiting on that Xiaoyu reveal...
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Her Spinning bird Kick won't be useless in this game. Hopefully she will be able to combo into the hard version. Unlike street fighter 4
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • drowsy22drowsy22 chunanigans Joined: Posts: 464
    Dem thighs.
    SF4: Chun
    SFxT: Chun/Julia
    Her Spinning bird Kick won't be useless in this game. Hopefully she will be able to combo into the hard version. Unlike street fighter 4

Yea I hope so too. I guess SBK will be like Tatsumaki in this game, perfect for Tag Cancel, pushing the opponent to the corner while the other character is coming in and continues the combo.
    Dem thighs.

Mhmm, they give me sweet dreams all the time... lol.

• Ceezy_45Ceezy_45 Joined: Posts: 21
    Man hands? Don't talk about my Chun like that! She is the hottest SF woman! :) (imo)

Well, I can definitely say that she will be in most of my teams, she is my SSF4 and AE main and the changes (Lightning Legs input) are really great imo.
    I think she will be a good character in this game, because she has great footsies (and they are very important in SFxT, they can lead to 40%dmg combos) and her Lightning Legs move looks like to be perfect for Tag Cancel.

EDIT: Why didn't you name the thread like that "Legs of Justice the Chun Li thread!" :D

Definately agree with you on the "Hottest SF woman" thing. :)
    SSF4AE: Chun
    3rd Strike: Chun
    MvC3: Chun/Cap/Wesker
    Mvc2: Spidey/Strider/Cap
    SFxT: Chun/Cammy or Chun/Hwoarang
    PSN: Ceezy_45
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780
    BOOOO YEEEAAAHHH! Gotta make a thread for Chun and Ibuki -- they are soo wicked together
    haha!
    Legs of Justice I really like by the way

I suppose I could repost my SF X T vids from SDCC--oh wait you already did! Damn I sucked haha
    I kept holding down back like I was sitting on charge!

One really nice vid you missed is over on gametrailers.com, called Dragon versus Demon or something like that
    its the one that shows Chun doing a MK stomp into TC HP landing with Mk then EX SBK.
    seens some crazy stuff of Ex legs-MP-HP Kikouken juggles too haha! can't wait!
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    I wish you could transfer your AE alts. onto this game, that'd be so fire. Alpha Chun wins on so many levels!
  • xjadenxjaden Joined: Posts: 285
    Yay for Chunli :) So I guess she is no longer a charge character in this game
    Yay for Chunli :) So I guess she is no longer a charge character in this game

Not entirely, looks like you still have to charge for her kikoukens :(
  • Sonic HedgehogSonic Hedgehog FistoftheWind Joined: Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chun is definitely going to be on a majority of my teams in this game. She's still my favorite to play in AE and her combo potential just looks insanely fun in this.

At first I didn't know what to think about legs being a motion command but actually it's going to make SF x TK's juggle heavy combos a lot easier. I also think it'll make things like the legs, cr. MK, legs link more effortless.
  • Ironreaver7Ironreaver7 Joined: Posts: 334
    Chun-Li x Xiaoyu baby! Still waiting on that Xiaoyu reveal...
    dude me too LMAO!!!!

interesting enough she can do cr fierce into legs alot easier now since her LL is a qcf K motion. now as far as a loop I wasnt able to get an opening to try it. but I think the possibly is there
    www.ironreaver.com
    Not entirely, looks like you still have to charge for her kikoukens :(
    kikoken is hcf motion now, like alpha and 3s
    www.ironreaver.com
    from my play of her at Evo she is definitely good in this game and has really good combo potential for some creative stuff
    www.ironreaver.com
    kikoken is hcf motion now, like alpha and 3s

Oh is it? Wow that's awesome. I assumed she was still charge by her movement in the video at the top. But oh well, yay for Chun!
    yea definitely makes her zoning better too, not force to hold down/back or walk back.
    www.ironreaver.com
  • Budah96Budah96 Just Starting My Journey Joined: Posts: 359
    I think Chun might be top tier in the game due to her footsies and he Lightning Legs and SBK being great or tag cancel combos. Thoughts?
    Xbox Live: Budah 96
    PSN: Budah096
    SFxT: Ibuki, Asuka, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Ken, Yoshimitsu
    UMvC3: Wesker/Hawkeye/Strider,Nova/Frank/Ammy,
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSKidYxGzcQ&feature=player_embedded#at=109
    Is that one full combo or is it two separate clips conveniently edited together?

It LOOKS like:
    B+MK, MK, D-U+MK Tenshyokyaku into Headstomp into air Target Combo, ground juggle with cr.MK into EX SBK

Which would be SICK.

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfYoKH7ATs&feature=player_embedded#at=24
    j.HK > cr.HP xx Legs (MK?) > cr.MK xx EX Legs > st.MP xx EX Kikoken

I hope this amount of juggling stays in the game.

(I would have embedded these videos but couldn't get the embeds to start at a specific place)
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
    Is that one full combo or is it two separate clips conveniently edited together?

It LOOKS like:
    B+MK, MK, D-U+MK Tenshyokyaku into Headstomp into air Target Combo, ground juggle with cr.MK into EX SBK

Which would be SICK.

Also:

(I would have embedded these videos but couldn't get the embeds to start at a specific place)

That combo in the first video was so gdlk :')
    Definately agree with you on the "Hottest SF woman" thing. :)

Hehe. ;)
    Chun is definitely going to be on a majority of my teams in this game. She's still my favorite to play in AE

Same here!

It LOOKS like:

Which would be SICK.

Also:

Pretty godlike combos there. My favorite Chun combo in AE is the air combo with the headstomps, that's really fun.

• melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    I believe that her Spinning Bird Kick is still a charge move
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
    I believe that her Spinning Bird Kick is still a charge move
    yea SBK is still charge and its still good as an anti air and GTFO me move...almost seemed a bit better than the AE version
    www.ironreaver.com
    WTF is Jin at....isn't he gonna be announced soon, Kazuya was talkin to him on the phone....eh who cares I dont use him in Tekken anyway LOL!!! Julia seems fun too kinda plays like yun/yang minus dive kicks, she has a lounge punch and similar fighting style in Tekken, I couldnt really figure her moves out but if Xiayou doesnt make it (I Hope to god she does) then Julia chang will b my partner or Kazuya...coz Kazuya is just badass in appearance and character design all over and he's was always a favorite of mine in Tekken. asking for miguel would be to much...that guy is so fun and i love his lazy stances and fighting style.
    www.ironreaver.com
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Oh of course. If I didn't care deeply about the character, I would have not made the thread, much less told the SF4 Chun people of this subforum's creation. :lovin:

But, that's how the models are in SF4. Seems to me every female has man hands... even Juri. Same with Chun's SF4 art portraits, especially the scary prototype art.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,118 mod
    Needs her movelist posted on the first post.

LLegs: :hcf:+:k:
    SBK: ch.:d:,:u:+:k:
    Kikoken: :hcf:+:p:
    Hazan-shu: :hcb:+:k:
    Super Art: :hcf:+:3k:

BnB. st:mp: xx :hcf:+:k: Tag Cancel into partner.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Edited the moveset in the OP. Thanks!
  • Jae The OneJae The One Resolution Joined: Posts: 1,338
    played the game. LL is qcf not half.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
  • blues686blues686 maverick hunter Joined: Posts: 256
    i was at the fight club last night owning up with chun! shes a beast! im post match vids on my you tube channel.. but heres a little montage of the event that i did with some clips of my chun in action

My Youtube Channel- MK9/SSF4/UMVC3 PSN:BLUES686 MY GAMING TWITTER
    UMVC3- zero/wesker/sentinel
    SFxT- chun li (roleno)/law SSFAE2012- chun li/fei long
    mk9- cyrax/ liu kang
    played the game. LL is qcf not half.
    It is. It was half in the SDCC and E3 builds (based on the movecards). That is unless, you're inputting :db::d::df::f: which I believe the system recognizes as a valid input.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

^Oh well, going to change that back later.

d3v, go to bed, you've a meet to go to in several hours. I know I should really be asleep now too. :rofl:

===
    Chun-Li also featured in the Cammy vids of that character's thread.
    ^Oh well, going to change that back later.
    Someone needs to test what the command is now. Whether it's :qcf: or :hcf:.
    d3v, go to bed, you've a meet to go to in several hours. I know I should really be asleep now too. :rofl:
    Why, all I'm gonna do is spam Dark Phoenix's fireballs all day err day (DodgeThisDodgeThisDodgeThis is the new ShoShoSho).
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

idk i could have sworn i have done qcf motion for both fireball and ll i'm pretty sure it is.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
  • drowsy22drowsy22 chunanigans Joined: Posts: 464

It LOOKS like:

Which would be SICK.

Also:

O.O

...that is all.
    SF4: Chun
    SFxT: Chun/Julia
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
    Julia plays like the twins without a dive kick, lol
    nice video add Jae!
    i wouldn't even say that tbh. well all the tekken characters felt really weird.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
    i wouldn't even say that tbh. well all the tekken characters felt really weird.
    well not so much execution, i meant more in terms of animations.
    Yun's shoulder slam and lunge punch, Yangs up kick that sort of thing
    I actually don't know any of the tekken characters' moves. Last one I played was Tekken 3 and mained Jin Kazama.
    did you think that they might be more useful for combos because their special moves had slow start up.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,785
    I know this gameplay from NCR is old but it has a lot of examples of what combos chun-li can do.
    If she can combo into spinning bird all the time i think building combos to build up meter so you can tag and bring chun back in would do massive damage btw.

USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

Cool, I've already seen these videos but they are cool. Justin use Chun very effectively.

I would probably do the same and use Chun as the starting character. I hope her Hazanshu will still be very effective against projectile spammers.

JWong was always a beast with Chun. Even in the Mvc3. I remember on a stream he said he would main her in SSF4 if she wasn't a charge character...
    JWong was always a beast with Chun. Even in the Mvc3. I remember on a stream he said he would main her in SSF4 if she wasn't a charge character...

Yea that's true.
    Well I like her in every game, charge character or not, she is a beast. :D

reason why is that as a charge character she is mostly walking back for charge. you do that then you end up in the corner and get scraped.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
    reason why is that as a charge character she is mostly walking back for charge. you do that then you end up in the corner and get scraped.

Hmm yea but I usually charge with down + back so I crouch instead of walking back and I charge for SBK at the same time.

Well, that's kind of a drawback too. It makes you static (which is normally worse than moving) , so you can be easily rushed and tagged by overheads/crossups if you're not careful. That's why the usual Chun M.O. in SF4 is to walk back + spam lp in between kikokens to make the charging not so apparent.

Motion-based Chuns (MvC2/3 aside) tend to be upper/high tier for a reason.
    Julia plays like the twins without a dive kick, lol
    nice video add Jae!

thats exactly what i said LOL, but she really does, very similar styles even in Tekken
    www.ironreaver.com
  • AmishOpiateAmishOpiate Mega Slowbro. Joined: Posts: 1,650
    Well, that's kind of a drawback too. It makes you static (which is normally worse than moving) , so you can be easily rushed and tagged by overheads/crossups if you're not careful. That's why the usual Chun M.O. in SF4 is to walk back + spam lp in between kikokens to make the charging not so apparent.

Motion-based Chuns (MvC2/3 aside) tend to be upper/high tier for a reason.

Pretty much every charge character in Super was high tier, and even though that changed a bit in AE, they are all still strong. It's not the mechanic alone; it's the mechanic, plus how they fit in the context of the game, plus how they work with the player. Bison is a charge character who thrives with a pressure/rush down style, and I dare you to call him a 'static' character. Granted, Chun is more of a turtle than Bison, but she definitely has the tools, specifically the pokes, to not be doomed to walking backwards the whole match.
    I would probably do the same and use Chun as the starting character. I hope her Hazanshu will still be very effective against projectile spammers.

I wouldn't worry about it; I have heard that the Tekken characters at least are going to have ways to get around projectiles, and I saw in a trailer Kazuya pretty much blowing through Ryu's projectiles with ease. The information out so far has got me thinking projectiles aren't going to be as strong as they are in SFIV, but we'll see.
    "I'm sorry and I do understand your frustration."
    --Christian Svensson

Well it's definitely different from game to game + Chun's M.O. compared to the other chargies, yeah. I was just trying to say there's times when sitting on :db: isn't as favorable compared to walking back and forth + smart use of pokes. I've definitely gone through facing SF4 Bison and scissors and gdlk poke pressure before. :lol:

Aside from what you mentioned, ST Chun and A2 are charge versions that are high/top.
  • KayameKayame REPENT!BOOM! Joined: Posts: 549
    Main team Chun-li and Nina for sure my top 2 characters from all fighting games
    Chun looks great so far
    Worst trash talker
    K-pop fan
    Skullgirls is the best
    Ravens fanatic
  • SixMachineSixMachine Joined: Posts: 2,346
    I wonder if they are actually gonna change the laying down pose eventually. Chun just doesn't look right sprawled out like that. I think in pretty much all the games she layed down the same way but it just looks so weird. Everyone is laying down like Blanka in sf4 atm.