sf2ce

Comments

• korea_sf2cekorea_sf2ce sf2ce Joined: Posts: 529
    <I'm talking about the best players, not the others.)
    I don't understand what is balanced you are talking about. I had played HF rarely before, but we have several HF players (had played HF long time). HF is balanced? I don't think so. Give examples, one of our member 'Taesu Ken' he was the best HF player around here, when he plays Ken no one could defeat him, almost. He said, Ken is very strong and advantageous character in HF. It might be like Bison of CE(I saw his playing lately just last year). And I had been in Shanghai in March, 2007 for watch and record the tourn of HF between Shanghai and Guangzhou, their favorite character was Ken and some. (The winner's character was Ken.) Why they don't use others not so much?.. Gamers have to win in tourn, and those characters are so advantageous than the others. These are the proof of HF is not balanced.
    Whatever you say, the game HF is not balanced and all of the fighting games include CE. I belive that it's impossible to make a game with perfectly balanced. If you think the game is balanced, I can say that your techniques are so running behind in new things.
    Yes, bison is so overpowered character in CE but he's not always winner. See this vids carefully. Think about it why he is not winner always even he is overpowered. (The gamers in vids are best guys.)
    Know how to play is the important key to enjoy a game. About CE, even we (Korean and Chinese CE and HF gamers) are on finding new techniques. This result is absorbed me in playing CE. There'll be new techniques further, because it's not balanced. You know, there're strong desires to defeat overpowered character. And same result, there'll be no new techniques further, if it's balanced. Yeah, it had already done when it had made. It just need expensive upgrade to going on.
    URL
    >>> sf2ce.co.kr/index.php
    ** CHAT & GAME LIVES FROM ARCADES[2 pm ~ 11 pm (GMT +9)]
    ** ALWAYS MSN --->>> physicience@hotmail.com
  • Mr_AwesomeMr_Awesome Joined: Posts: 157
    All of the SF2 games have their balance problems. Guile is better than dictator in CE, but only at very high level play. Once Guile locks him down, he just doesn't have any tools to escape, and Guile has to drop the ball for dictator to get in on him and start doing his famous cheese. Moreover, there seem to be some really weak characters.

Honestly, I think Super Street Fighter II may be the most balanced game in the series. The only problems I could find were that Guile was still top, but he took a big hit on defensive play, so he was only great if you were an amazing player. Ken was very powerful, probably for the same reasons he was in HF, and T. Hawk was weak.

But anyway, the four later versions of Street Fighter II are pretty close to balanced, overall. I'd say they're all tournament-viable, at any rate.
  • ShotgunSteveShotgunSteve Goes by Henners Joined: Posts: 575
    Ken isn't even super advantageous in Hyper Fighting. Guile and Blanka tend to be...
  • Mr_AwesomeMr_Awesome Joined: Posts: 157
    Ken isn't even super advantageous in Hyper Fighting. Guile and Blanka tend to be...

They sure took the nerf stick to poor Blanka... Ken's advantage in Super Street Fighter II tends to be his jab shoryuken, which is super safe and does a ton of damage. Playing against someone who can consistently do the psychic dragon punch is hell. His jab shoryuken is a bit weaker in CE and HF, isn't it?
    Maybe you're just finding the fun within the framework of a game
    but we're finding the way without the framework of a game.
    So you're talking too much of balanced or not.
    But we're not. We're trying to find out techniques to broke unbalanced situation.
    It's just my thought..
    URL
  • ShotgunSteveShotgunSteve Goes by Henners Joined: Posts: 575
    it's a bit weaker, but still is a great asset.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    May be a dumb question: Is CE all about tick-throws? Because that's the big thing I don't like about ST.

Had a quick session, god almighty... this game is fun. Fuck ST.
    STOMP!
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    The thing is that high level CE is a very different to the CE most people know. A lot of people tend to the think the game is just about Bison, Guile and Ryu but most players will probably struggle very hard against a typical Chinese Blanka/Chun Li/Vega etc player, for example. There's a lot of things about this game that you'll never really know about till you see it and/or someone explains it to you.
  • HecatombHecatomb Joined: Posts: 494
    CE and ST are good, if you think ST is all about tick throws you are a scrub.
    Size matters. But it's not the size of your johnson but the size of your confidence
    The thing is that high level CE is a very different to the CE most people know. A lot of people tend to the think the game is just about Bison, Guile and Ryu but most players will probably struggle very hard against a typical Chinese Blanka/Chun Li/Vega etc player, for example. There's a lot of things about this game that you'll never really know about till you see it and/or someone explains it to you.

Thanks ilitirit, you're right.
    By the way, one of arcades where we playing CE, a cab of Takken Tag 2 is income tesiting in this week. But the games nees more correction, in my view. And not even completely processing done yet.
    URL
    edited September 2013
    Hi, I'm back from over two years absence of srk, I'm fine and all we ce members doing fine in here. We have been hold ce tourns regularly.
    Last week, I traveled Tokyo and sure, I tried to find ce cabs and finally I found it, but it's not the one I want, what do you call, rainbow version?(Oh, I also found sf2ww.) I hope we could have the ce tourn in Tokyo so we could work out Japanese ce players. That's what I busy for these days. (I belive that you'll know anyone could easily convert JAMMA board.)

* sf2ww - sadly, no one is playing..
    808903683.jpg?1379246308
    * sorry, no image of rainbow sf2ce - the friendly staff is changing ww board to ce (I requested)
    808904564.jpg?1379246505
    * another arcade - rainbow sf2ce
    808904838.jpg?1379246571
    Post edited by korea_sf2ce on
    URL
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2013
    Welcome back sfIIcekorea, didnt you grab some videos while you were in Tokyo? I mean of SFIICE matches?
    The Japanese version ("Dash") is not he same as the CE we play in the rest of the world.
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 405
    Is there really that much of a difference? I know Zangief deals more stun damage with his headbutt and Vega has the HF roll, but what else is different in the Japan version?

On consoles, every region got the same version, based on the Japanese arcade games.
    edited September 2013
    kedawa wrote: »
    Is there really that much of a difference? I know Zangief deals more stun damage with his headbutt and Vega has the HF roll, but what else is different in the Japan version?
    Lots of small changes resulting in slightly better balance. Dictator's nerfed PC, Boxer's dash punch hitting low and Sagat's knockdown on TU are some of the biggest changes.

• kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 405
    But I love the egg beater!
    Does HSF2 use the Japan CE characters? Psycho crusher definitely does fewer hits on block.
  • AdoketAdoket Joined: Posts: 4
    It does. CE characters also do ridiculous damage in that game because of that.
    I'm going to LA few hours later,
    where do I have to go for play sf2ce in LA?
    URL
  • GestureFighterGestureFighter GestureFighter.com Joined: Posts: 7
    SF2CE was great. SF2T was too fast in my opinion. When the game speed is too fast, there is no room for angle attack/defence planification.
    Almost as cool as Street Fighter II but with better controls on Android: Gesture Fighter
    edited January 2014
    Yes, sf2t was too fast...
    and another thing...
    We had a tourn last week saturday, "NOSFA THE 4TH TOURN".

We had eleven of tourns name in KOREA-SF2CE, and four of tourns - in NOSFA since 2005.
    (So it's the 15th tourn to us.)

I don't know how to select channel on Youtube...but this link is uploaded videos (newest), there're twentythree 'NOSFA 04 TOURN' videos.

Last year, one of our member 'Fantastice Ryu', he had joined in sf2ce tourn in Chile.
    But they play in emulator not in arcade.
    And I traveled LA and joined some arcades, I found another sf2 version. I didn't played it, maybe it was a rainbow version?
    In Tokyo, there're several gamers of ability for ssf2t, most of them are chain smokers.
    Post edited by korea_sf2ce on
    URL
    In Tokyo, there're several gamers of ability for ssf2t, most of them are chain smokers.

For some reason this made me laugh out loud at work.

How did Fantastic Ryu perform in Chile? Was the competition strong?
    edited January 2014
    Oh, yes, he said that they were very skilled gamers, so the tourn was hard to do. But plus little bit luckly more, he fought with Devaud in final and finally he won the game. Anyway, we were surprized about that there are really a lot of fine gamers in Suramerica.! And they were so nice and friendly delighted to see him always when he visited Chile. In the tourn, a lot of Brazilian sf2ce gamers joined in.
    URL
    We had an SFII Dash (Japanese version of CE) over the weekend. Learned a few other things from that version:
    - You can "corpse hop" by simply walking through the opponent as they're knocked down. It may be possible in the classic CE, but it's not nearly as easy to do.

- Ryu's LP DP can hit low. A friend says it's character-specific in classic CE. Tested by having Chun walk backwards in the corner, and Ryu performing LP DP on a certain frame. She'll get hit.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 470
    ilitirit wrote: »
    kedawa wrote: »
    Lots of small changes resulting in slightly better balance. Dictator's nerfed PC, Boxer's dash punch hitting low and Sagat's knockdown on TU are some of the biggest changes.

I choose the JP version primarily for the nerfed Dictator and Sagat's TU all knockdowns. The latter is senseless in the other versions. Smh
    If CE was a bit faster and just slower than HF, I will be flooring it nonstop to revisit this nostalgic classic fighter.
  • mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 139
    Korea and Brazil are the only country's still taking the game serious but reading through the old ce thread I never came across a tier for the game modern date so guile bison sagat Ryu ken dhalsim claw chun Li blanka zangief boxer e Honda?
    Trtt
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 470
    Excellent classic fave game.
  • bodlerbodler The Unmixupable Joined: Posts: 1,074
    edited May 2015
    Chile takes the game seriously as well.

Bison is the strongest, and then it's Guile. But I am more comfortable playing versus Bison because at least I feel like I have a gameplan, against Guile I feel like my options are extremely limited and I literally feel like anything I do will get punished, I have to make crazy reads to win. This is all just my opinion though, hopefully it will change with more experience.

I do not know the rest, Honda and Boxer are probably bottom tier. Vega feels like he is low mid to mid at best. Sagat should be close to high tier.

I see slit of Vegas I figured was cause his walk speed and throw and safe slide
    I think at top level guile beats bison a good zoning and good reaction guile shuts him down he just can't mess up like I said at the top level not scrub levels
    Guile is the go to character to beat Bison. A lot of the match can be decided in the very first seconds though ( if not mistake is done thereafter ) If bison lets Guile zone at the start, then Guile can win. If Bison manages to get him with a blocked scissor or psycho crusher at start of round ( blocked or hit ) it's a big advantage for Bison. Or if Bison jumps in at the start, most likely to dodge a Sonic boom that was intended to stop Bison from starting with scissor or crusher pressure, he can follow up with blockstrings that are hard to get out of. Sometimes Guile can just backjump at start of round to be safe, but it may get hit by psycho crusher, or simply allow Bison to close in some gap. The list of possible situations goes on and on. There are similar "start of round" situations with Ryu versus Guile that can dictate the rest of the game.

But yes, I believe Guile is the best character to beat Bison.
    I heard Japan had amazing claw players back in 92
    They say boxers low but I remember this boxer winning a jap tournament is say Hondas bottom funny how arms wiki has sim at bottom
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,205
    I've always wondered why CE is more popular than HF as far as CPS1 SF2 goes. The slow speed sucks so much.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
    Cause it's the first competative version and the name sounds cool
    edited May 2015
    People may not like the slowness of CE, and when I was referred to this game a few months ago, I was reluctant to get into it because it looks like Street Fighter deep in the ocean slow. But to me, the slowness makes it so that you can't get away with uneducated / badly timed attacks. The first thing you will notice playing CE is that people will anti air you easily. But guess what? this forces you to not only get better on the ground, but it makes it so that all you will learn to jump at moments where your opponents will expect it the least.

The game becomes so tactical because people know that stuff is so easily react-able, therefore you have to read your opponent and think ahead very well and make sure that everything you do, your opponent is not ready for it. It is rare to find reckless / jungle type players in CE that do good because all their stuff will get countered easily.

I feel I have learned more from CE than I have playing ST or A3, Yet I have more experience in both games. I think I will drop ST for CE for good.
    I agree the slowness makes u play smarter safer also fireball characters ruled the game so people liked it for that hyper sightings better but sometimes I like to mix it up and play a game where this not over powered completly I believe ce would be better if bison was banned though like he was in some tournaments back in the day but then guile would rape
    Hyper nerfed dhalsim to much for me sadly n vega bison if they were good I would enjoy it more
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,513
    CE was fun, but I still prefer HF. Little more balanced, although Bison got the nerf bat pretty hard, but it's still a pretty competitive game and I find it more "pure" I guess for lack of a better word than ST.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Fran3SFran3S Joined: Posts: 790
    edited May 2015
    to be honest,i never understood this game A vs game B vs game C kind of mentality
    like you have to only pick one for the rest of your life or something
    i can play a bit of dash and have fun,then play IIX and finally go back to turbo without a problem
    i like all 3 for different reasons

anyway,i would enjoy dash / ce in fightcade a little more if a different revision was used
    see here
    https://github.com/poliva/fightcadestates/issues/39
    obviously the south american / turkish players are not going to vote and say
    "yes,please,we want to use a different version where vega is slightly less broken" (among other things)
    so there you go

because i tend to piano the specials,i find sagat's uppercut inability to knock down to be the most annoying difference

edit : those guys didn't even open the link (or can't read) . maybe both things

Post edited by Fran3S on
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

~ look at all those people walking by , not realizing how close they are to greatness ~
    ~ poor yun , jungle urien ~
    ~ they have zero points in riki's mind ~