sf2ce

1252627282931»

Comments

• mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 139
    Hyper fighting sagat didn't get nerfed really havnt noticed any changes other than uppercut damage
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    The western versions have always been development versions sold as if they were the final build. CE and HF western versions are basically incomplete versions of the game. And S2 versions had a major glitch in Zangief's kick 360. It's really sad, but that's how it was. And they were still the best arcade games, hands down.

As for bottom tier characters: Rog was bottom tier in the western versions, while Chun was bottom tier in the Japanese version of Dash/CE. Chun is bad due to having no invulnerable anti-airs and a pretty short range on her crouching kicks. Rog happens to be worse in the western versions because his TAPs never charge up.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,200
    edited May 2015
    The western versions have always been development versions sold as if they were the final build. CE and HF western versions are basically incomplete versions of the game. And S2 versions had a major glitch in Zangief's kick 360. It's really sad, but that's how it was. And they were still the best arcade games, hands down.

As for bottom tier characters: Rog was bottom tier in the western versions, while Chun was bottom tier in the Japanese version of Dash/CE. Chun is bad due to having no invulnerable anti-airs and a pretty short range on her crouching kicks. Rog happens to be worse in the western versions because his TAPs never charge up.

??? Rog's TAP works fine in US HF. Forgot if he even had TAP in CE.

It would be interesting to see a comprehensive difference list between US and Jap CE/HF. Especially considering HF was designed mostly by Capcom USA. Fun fact: HF doesn't have a single new frame of animation over CE. Chun's fireball is a blue yoga flame lol.

Post edited by x64 on
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
    This WANa see a list didn't know the versions had different hot boxes ect
  • DonkusDonkus Time Marches On Joined: Posts: 504 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2015
    guile bison sagat Ryu ken dhalsim claw chun Li blanka zangief boxer e Honda?

This game must have changed a lot since I last played. I thought Dhalsim was the only person who could even fight Sagat. Do Guile and Dictator really take that match?

GOD BLESS THE RING
    Watch high level ce matches on YouTube it's all guile vs Bison sagat is 3rd guile beats sagat so does sim sagat Bison are even
    So yeah after sagat it's a toss up of Ryu sim and ken for 4th sims drills are really good at stuffing fireballs in vet hats why he beats shotos besides ken due to his dp
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    merging the CE threads
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,200
    edited May 2015
    This WANa see a list didn't know the versions had different hot boxes ect

Well, that was easy with the thread merging:
    ilitirit wrote: »
    kedawa wrote: »
    Is there really that much of a difference? I know Zangief deals more stun damage with his headbutt and Vega has the HF roll, but what else is different in the Japan version?
    Lots of small changes resulting in slightly better balance. Dictator's nerfed PC, Boxer's dash punch hitting low and Sagat's knockdown on TU are some of the biggest changes.

Looks like CE is more balanced in the jap version (maybe there are later CE revisions for the US rom??). Still don't know why anyone would want to play CE over HF, especially as far as balance is concerned.

Post edited by x64 on
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    korea_sf2ce has started streaming again.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sf2ce/videos

These dudes still go hard at sf2ce. I tuned in the other day and the Battle Counter was at 99 on the one cab.

BTW, is there a legit sf2ce wiki?
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 443
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,479
    I recently found out that one of the bars in my city actually has a functioning SF2:CE-cabinet. Shame that it's got the worst stick and the worst buttons I've ever touched, making the game borderline unplayable. =(
    BzChoy wrote: »
    It's a decent wiki for sure, but it lacks some of the more recent changes to the metagame and some char specific tricks.

I don't think that match up list is accurate any more. The game has changed quite a lot (Chun x-up j.hp vortex lolz) since then.

It has Dictator beating Sim. But these days Sim is arguably tougher than Guile for Dic (people who think Guile vs Dic was tough in SSFIV should try it in CE). Not only can Sim zone him out, he wrecks him with Drill pressure after a knockdown. Only way Dic can win is if Sim guesses wrong on the Scissor Kick pressure, or he lands a TOD, but both scenarios require Sim to make a mistake (in general, this is how Dictator wins all his matches).

I wonder if the Chinese/Koreans have a wiki for matchups or char specific stuff. They have some really cheap tech that I wouldn't have known about if it weren't for this channel.
  • korea_sf2cekorea_sf2ce sf2ce Joined: Posts: 529
    Hello, street fighters~.
    Oct. 1~3, 2016.. "The 1st world SF2CE Tounament" will be hold in
    'TIAN TIAN WAN' (game center), Shanghai, China.
    Gamers joining from Korea(more than 10 gamers), China, Brazil and Chile.

Sure, they should live streaming most of games
    through DouyuTv (one of Chinese internet streaming service).
    You can easily watch on your smartphone,
    just download the DouyuTv app.
    URL
    >>> sf2ce.co.kr/index.php
    ** CHAT & GAME LIVES FROM ARCADES[2 pm ~ 11 pm (GMT +9)]
    ** ALWAYS MSN --->>> physicience@hotmail.com
    edited September 2016
    Hello, street fighters~.

Good to see that you didn't forget about this thread. Do you know if there's a place on the internet where Korean and Chinese players discuss SF2CE? I would like to make the information known to western players as well.

I'm glad to see that South Americans are also taking part in this new tournament. Please try to record all the matches in good quality.

Post edited by ilitirit on
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's a decent wiki for sure, but it lacks some of the more recent changes to the metagame and some char specific tricks.

I don't think that match up list is accurate any more. The game has changed quite a lot (Chun x-up j.hp vortex lolz) since then.

What is that Chun vortex Jump HP?
    Hello, street fighters~.

Good to see that you didn't forget about this thread. Do you know if there's a place on the internet where Korean and Chinese players discuss SF2CE? I would like to make the information known to western players as well.

I'm glad to see that South Americans are also taking part in this new tournament. Please try to record all the matches in good quality.
    Sadly, none of place with Chinese. But we're talking ourselves on messenger, Kakaotalk. No more web sites.

URL

Yes, you're right. But there're a lot of things that not in newly games.
    We're live streaming (arcade gaming) everyday as well through AfreecaTV, plus which, Youtube, Twitch, Ustream. Streaming through AfreecaTV - it's keep going ten years..
    URL
    edited September 2016
    Ambiguous j.hp that can act as a safe jump in some situations and leads to another knockdown.

Watch at around 30s (audio may be loud on these vids):

She also doesn't need to loop it cos j.hp, st.hp x lightning legs usually leads to dizzy.

She also has an f.HK mixup on knockdown that can be really tricky to block. I'll try to find a vid of it.

Jump to 4m16s:

Post edited by ilitirit on
    This is amazing. And those vids are 6 years old. Wow.

I wish there were still some OG´s in the US playing it/wishing to fly over to Shangai to play. CE is good.
    edited September 2016
    I wish there were still some OG´s in the US playing it/wishing to fly over to Shangai to play. CE is good.
    I don't think anyone in the US still plays. Popular opinion seems to be that the game is too slow and unbalanced.

The game is still quite popular in South America though. Fantastic Ryu from South Korea competed there about 2 years ago:

I love the promo vids

I know right! I,m from South America as well! =)
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997
    Naeras wrote: »
    I recently found out that one of the bars in my city actually has a functioning SF2:CE-cabinet. Shame that it's got the worst stick and the worst buttons I've ever touched, making the game borderline unplayable. =(

This is common. CE cabs were probably the most plentiful and lots of barcades have them and do nothing to maintain them.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,513
    Does anyone here ever play on Fightcade at all? It's been awhile since I jumped on it, but if anyone's interested, I'd be down to get in some games. It's been awhile since I played CE.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    Second day .Started the 1st world sf2ce tourn.DouyuTV .search : 街霸2天天玩
    URL
    Second day .Started the 1st world sf2ce tourn.DouyuTV .search : 街霸2天天玩

Thank you! And also thanks for uploading the replay to Youtube!

Ihave a question, is there any way to see the players brackets?

edited October 2016
    The 1st SF2CE world tourn had successfully done!
    (Held in Tian_tian_wan arcade, Shanghai, China / Oct 1~3, 2016)
    0. Twelve of Koreans, almost a hundreds of Chinese, Flavio Ryu of Brazilian and 'Jazzghost and Scorpion' of Chilians.
    1. Oct 1st ; private tourn(59 gamers joined the tourn / 5 gamers got a win without playing)
    2. 2nd ; private
    3. 3rd ; group turn + the final of private

● winner ;
    * private : M.Bison (Korean)
    (He is also known as RedRabbit.)
    * group : Changchun players (Chinese)
    Leidian, Wujing, Futai, Jinze and ?

● VIDS
    There're already Oct 1~2 vids and as soon as possible I'll upload "Oct 3 vids" on Youtube.
    * Oct 1

* Oct 2

●TABLES
    * PRIATE TOURN
    http://challonge.com/the1stsf2ceworldtournprivate

* GROUP TOURN
    http://challonge.com/the1stsf2ceworldtourn
    Post edited by korea_sf2ce on
    URL
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,247
    champion edition has a claw glitch! Is it banned? replay:challenge-3688-1511051895.36@sf2ce

It's the claw glitch on the oil drum stage but during a match!!!!!

Wait until the last match to see the glitch...