Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMPJoined: Posts: 1,379
Ok it's time for some highly anticipated 3rd strike online action:amazed:!!! This is official thread where all the online 3rd strike match-making and discussion will happen. We're 1 day away so for now lets keep this post going and try and add new friends and share our skills.

I plan to parry/counter my way to victory and plan on using Akuma as my main guy and Sean (YES Sean) as my surprise guy. If anyone wants to add me and my friends list is full just send a message.

PSN: EZ-THE-CHAMPION
"Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"

Comments

• Slick VicSlick Vic PSN: RogueFlynn Joined: Posts: 769
    I can play most of the roster casually, but my mains are Chun Li and Yun . I'm planning on going a little deeper with Necro (maybe).

Me likey Necro!

I plan on being as cheap as I can possibly be... because I don't have any skill.

PSN: RogueFlynn

EDIT:
    Does anybody know if Gill is going to be playable online?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller 8-)
  • Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMP Joined: Posts: 1,379
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
  • agentzagentz has vegan powers Joined: Posts: 330
    PSN: agent000
    Low short, throw
    Thanks EZ!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller 8-)
  • khashikhashi Joined: Posts: 1
    i like urien and elena the best,
    i really need to get better D if anybody wants to practice kicking my butt add me here...psn: khashdollars
  • RindoukanKarateManRindoukanKarateMan I like Karate Girls Joined: Posts: 504
    Is it out yet on psn in 'merica yet?
    3rd strike-Makoto dudley
    ssf4-Makoto,Dudley,Guy
    Blazeblue-Bang,Bang,Bang,Makoto
    tekken-Raven
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • disco187disco187 disco bitchs Joined: Posts: 98
    hi my name is rikkulouis PSN and i used to lay third strike at ffa with amir kentaro 5 star pyrolee etc etc etc my mains are chun yun and ken but i use everybody i look forward to playing with you guys soon add me if you want high level compition :)
    Is your refridgerator running? Because if it is, it's probably running like you...Very Homosexual
    Is it out yet on psn in 'merica yet?

No not yet but it should be out on PSN store between 5pm-7pm when store gets updated. HOwever, one of my PSN friends already has game early and he was playing SF3 3rd Strike Online Trial so I assume it must be from his Japan account.
  • Shoestring057Shoestring057 Joined: Posts: 124
    Somehow I'm not surprised you started this thread EZ. lol.
    Any rate, I'll get this eventually. I like to play Oro, and Elana, and Hugo. I never was much into this game, but I play it anyways.
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    PSN - m1x4h
    Sup yo
    It's been real.
  • EricGGMusicEricGGMusic Online Tournament Organizer Joined: Posts: 1,754
    is the netcode good for everyone and is it laggy?

cause its kinda laggy when i played =\
    PSN: Simply_EGGy
    MvC2: Rogue/Sent/CapCom
    3SO: Chun Li, Remy, Sean
    SSF4 AE: E.Honda, Chun Li
    Apparently the game itself, even in training mode is laggy... I was just going to download the game right now, but after reading this, I'm trying the demo first.
    It's been real.
    To me it's not laggy at all. I find this game much harder then I originally thought in terms of getting used to the parrying system. I also find those challenges hard as hell for some reason. I'm working tonight so I'll be on tomorrow to play this some more.

@Shoestring
    YES, I had to start this thread and to officially get away from mvc2 for a while.
  • xDarksolxxDarksolx I Am Death Incarnate. Joined: Posts: 85
    psn: xDarksolx
    ny
    Psn : xDarksolx
    AE,MvC3,MK9.3SO
    DCU: hero/bm/telepath/flight/guns |hero-flight-light-duel wield
    Sfseries-Ken,guile,charlie,oni,rolento,remy,urien,gief,alex,akuma.
    Mk-Stryker,cage,kenshi,ermac.
    Umvc3: wesker/?/?
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495 mod
    its probably laggy due to your monitors. lag is easier to notice in a 2d fighter than it is a 3d fighter(sf4 and especially mvc3, in this case).

also with online, you can change how much input lag you want in the options. but the less input lag you have, the more unstable the matches may be, online
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    Offline: x/10
    Online: 8/10
    That is all.
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
  • HavikHavik Joined: Posts: 434
    PSN:MCslycooper

I never palyed this game before. I'm still trying to find a main. I like Alex, 12, Nerco, Sean, Hugo, and Elena.
    I hope the Bulls, Bears, and Cubs will win a championship soon.

BBCS2: Tager, plat
    Mk9: Jax, Quan Chi, Jade
    Ah3: Fiona, Eko
    *sighs* I'm pretty disappointed so far with the online play. The couple matches that I got were pretty good, but I have had problems connecting with people and when I do it's people teleporting all over the place. In all honesty I don't even know how I managed to win. I'm wired in and have all the necessary ports open, so I don't know.

ggs to my boy Cimisis and the bad ass Ibuki player.
    -Ferris Bueller 8-)
    Game's fine...
    2 frames of input lag or not, the game's fine.

Couldn't connect to a single ranked match out of about 10... but that was expected this time.
    It's been real.
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,638
    Apparently Offline has bad input lag (Im guessing not just the 2 frame PS3 lag) + Onlines bad as well, this true? That'll suck, regardless of console choice everyone should get the full experience.

GGPO's Fault, Sony's Fault? Devs Fault? Ill test the 360 version tomorrow. I have never really been chanting GGPO like a lot of peepz here as I had been skeptical since hearing about a few members talking bad about it a while ago, but I hope its not that.
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
    Offline has a slight lag in the input or at least, it feels that way.
    The only thing I couldn't do consistently is the KKZ reset with Akuma... Other than that, EVERYTHING ELSE that I tried was fine. Parries were fine, and I even completed that Daigo thing.

The game seems on point... A little something weird about it, but honestly, I felt the EXACT same way about that weird feeling when I played it on the PC emulation for the first time. It's just that anything except the CPS3 runs it a little funky.
    It's been real.
  • BustaWolfeBustaWolfe Joined: Posts: 218
    Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from the GGPO netcode but from my initial thoughts, it really sucks. It takes 3 minutes for me to connect to anyone and I connect just fine in SF4 AE. The interface needed a bit of work, why didn't they implement match selection instead of just pitting you against a random opponent? I find myself engaging in red laggy games because it takes a while to find an opponent. The feel of the game isn't arcade port perfect, I've played SF3 3rd strike in the arcades for a solid 3 years. I'll give it another go once more players have purchased the game but as of right now, I wish I could get my money back.
    Ok so I decided to play a little more before I sleep and it got a tiny little bit better. I managed to actually host a room and get a couple decent games after barely being able to connect to anyone.

Props to the diversity of characters thus far. It's pretty cool to see a solid Twelve player.

ggs to snamighty, neogeo4life, KOJI_1102 and anyone else who came through my room. Hugo still gets on my nerves.
    -Ferris Bueller 8-)
  • NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,172
    remember, this is arcade perfect, not PS2 port perfect.

also this is probably like mvc2, where for the least amount of input lag you need to turn the graphic filters off.

i probably will only play this with friends, i never got too deep into this game
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • HavikHavik Joined: Posts: 434
    GGPO has been godlike for me. I'll play more when I hit the lab with Nerco. I'm not going to play a second for a bit. And when i do decide to play a second it will either be Sean or 12.
    I hope the Bulls, Bears, and Cubs will win a championship soon.

BBCS2: Tager, plat
    Mk9: Jax, Quan Chi, Jade
    Ah3: Fiona, Eko
    http://twitch.tv/goforbroke for 3rd Strike Online Edition

6PM EST Wednesday
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    demo plays fine offline. then again I never played "serious 3s" I dont know what kind of problem I am looking for here. I tried on a plasma tv and crt. its about the same.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• DanDDanD Perpetual 3S and CvS2 Scrub Joined: Posts: 405
    PSN ID: ddebel00

Time to brush off and polish my skill set. Lookin' forward to 3SPS3
    RIP -- "IMF" -- 1/9/08
    LOL at my first recorded upload match directly from 3rd strike game. It's easier and more convenient then the way I normally do it to upload directly from camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI6o25csZug
  • OniiOnii Joined: Posts: 34
    PSN is bpmisbpm

If you have a mic, turn that shit on!

Elena/Remy
    Here are some matches I uploaded using the upload feature. It's actually a real cool feature.
    I actually have more stuff of me and this guy. He has a nice Oro.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyvOUdZyjU4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRY5Qq3tU44

This one is boring but has a funny ending.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfJaa1DS5Ag
    -Ferris Bueller 8-)
    Had good games with some players. Sadly, a lot of lag input delays
  • IAmYagamiIAmYagami Garuda Joined: Posts: 253
    PSNid: AshTheVandal
    Connection: 100 mb
    Region: Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe.
    Skill: Varies... depending on connection to opponent.
    Available: Until I go to bed...
    Huge fan of psychological warfare.

Atheist, Humanist, Extreme Pacifist. (Pacifism is opposition to war, militarism, or violence.)
  • PorterPorter Upstart Joined: Posts: 1,557
    PSN: porter-is-cook

Help me get my Ken and Alex up... I suck btw

Also turn on your mic, I like to talk.
    Stylish!
  • KabaL17KabaL17 Joined: Posts: 10
    My name is KabaL17 i need matchup experience for my ibuki if anyone wants to run some sets. Rank 10 if it matters
    If I were to run a tournament like I've been doing for the MvC2 ones, would people be interested in entering?
    @ ErixXx

Eric, you know we will enter this tournament no matter what. We're just waiting for somebody to do it so WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?? DO IT SON!!!
    Well, seems like majority of the people posting are just getting into the game now, so it's gonna be weird to host one now since it'd just be like really good players VS new players =\
    Who cares!! I just know people want it and I know this tourney won't be the last one. It's also a good way to know how well your skill level is this early in it's game. Unlike mvc2, I doubt on this game I will get far at all so I say just do it and give people about 2 weeks before you officially started it.
    This video is better then the first one I recorded few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2afpmIeDU
  • OquisOquis Ni Hao ~ Joined: Posts: 12
    ibuki player here. add me for some good games.

btw, I tried to add some of you and got an error about having the max number of friends. didn't know that was even possible, lole

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=25.633048,-100.381572
  • EdingfieldEdingfield Joined: Posts: 69
    Hello! Im not to good(yet) but i plan to play this game religiously. PSN: Edingfield
    HIt me up to get games in. Also if you live in the denver area we can meet up to play as well :D
    SF X TK : Ken // KING UMVC3 : Magnetoe // Dentinel // Doom SSFlVAEv.2012 : Deejay//Dudley
    PSN User : Edingfield
  • DuralathDuralath 3S Gatekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,497
    PSN: Duralath

I rotate my characters a lot between Alex, Urien, and Ken, mainly. Unless I get bored, in which case I go elsewhere.
    CFN: Duralath/ServantArcher FightCade: ServantArcher/Kyros Valchion
    3rd Strike: Alex/Makoto/Yun
    Street Fighter V:: Karin/Alex
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
  • Andy-EAndy-E Joined: Posts: 322
    PSN: Anddhe

Add me. I'm terrible. the worst. i suck horribly at this game and don't even know how to parry fireballs. I will probably sandbag you. So add me for practice. I need more people to add me since nobody on my friends list will play me. I'm on every day.
    PSN: Anddhe

Street Fighter IV - MegaMan X music mod
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaC7wJIl9Gc
  • OyaJimmyOyaJimmy Joined: Posts: 1
    Veeeery interesting what he said:blah:
    eyetvsnapshot1k.jpg
  • KabaL17KabaL17 Joined: Posts: 10
    lol at Alex3rdstrike. i would be happier to fight more twelve's than ryus or kens.
  • Vess-Vess- You call that a Sword? Joined: Posts: 5
    Psn: Vess_Index
    I need some fighter gamer players on my add list, so for 3rd strike indeed my friend.
    PSN: Vess_Index
    SF3S OE: Main: Akuma, Sean
    UMVC3:Main team: Zero, Frank West, Taskmaster
    2nd team: Capt. A, G.Rider, Strider H.
    BBCS2: Main: Bang, Makoto
  • PoshibPoshib Don't wanna hear that sh*t Joined: Posts: 590
    Im pretty sure I played some people from this thread not too long ago. Good games to all. Hit me up for games anytime. I play Yang.
    PSN: Poshib
    "Knowing is not enough. We must apply." - Bruce Lee
  • nacuflipnacuflip 磁石 Joined: Posts: 546
    Hit me up to play im on nowww
    Iusedoom
    Iusedoom
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
  • WickedElementWickedElement *HUGS* Joined: Posts: 749
    Veeeery interesting what he said:blah:

I don't know what to say about that Alex3rdstrike guy. :coffee: But, he ragequits when he loses. Don't bother playing him. lol Also, much respect for being a 12 player OyaJimmy.

Anyway, I use Hugo, 12, Sean, Q, Remy, Elena, & Alex. I'm also in the top 10 on the PSN leaderboards and I am the #1 Hugo on there as well. I also play 3s at Super Arcade so feel free to play me there too. :)
    Don't stand so close to Gief. But, seriously don't. He'll grab ya. :eek:
    GGPO/PSN: WickedElement