This thread will include all changes to Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 version for all characters.This was last updated 12/1/11
All three versions ALPHA, BETA and FINAL changes are included. They have been combined into one big list as opposed to 3 lists.
Thanks to Azrael, Arc-rail, and Curbeh,Trike, Abelity, ABM|Cande, SUPARNOVAX, RedVega, ABM|KYOKUGEN, LostonPenalties, CRUD , Shoryuken.com, Eventhubs.com and KIRBYSIM for all translations!
• Ultra 2 - Breathless - Made strike-invincible from start of dash to just before hit detection. Eliminated throw invincibility after start of dash.
• Change of Direction - Second Low - Extended hit stun by 2F, giving a possible +9F advantage when completing EX Focus?Dash in the shortest possible time.
• Crouching Hard Punch - Expanded hitbox upward to ease use as an anti-air move.
• Tornado Throw - Changed damage from 150 to 160 for light, 170 to 180 for medium, and 190 to 200 for hard/EX versions.
• Focus Attack - Adjusted position of hitbox to ease hitting of short opponents.
• Close Standing Medium Punch - Shortened hitback and block push distances. Also made attacker have a -4F (dis)advantage when blocked.
• Ultra 1 - Jaguar Revolver - Fixed issue whereby the move could slip around to the back of an opponent on the ground when hit up close. Increased the 3rd hit's knockdown distance when fighting airborne opponents.
• Rising Jaguar - Made super-canceling possible on 2nd active frame of first hit for strong version. Slightly increased forward knockdown distance on first hit for the light, medium, and hard versions to fix Adon facing the wrong way on EX Focus -> Dash.
• Jaguar Kick - Expanded body hurtbox downward to toe of lowered leg for light and medium versions. Made expanded part of hurtbox invincible to projectiles. Changed hard version's damage from 140 to 130.
• Forward Throw - Increased Akuma's total frame count on a hit by 2F.
• Ultra 2 - Demon Armageddon - Changed hit damage when canceling out of Ashura Senku from 400 to 421.
• Demon Flip Punch (Hyakki Gosho) - Changed from an overhead attack to a mid attack.
• Far Standing Hard Kick - Changed damage from 60 + 40 (100 total) to 50 + 30 (80 total). Shortened block stun by 2F on second block, giving the attacker a -2F (dis)advantage when blocked.
• EX Demon Flip - Made EX Air Fireball cancelable from immediately after start of move.
• Buffalo Headbutt - Increased damage from 100 to 120 for medium, 100 to 140 for hard, and 100 to 150 for EX version.
• Ultra 2 - Dirty Bull - Increased damage from 300 to 399. Made easy command mode input the same as SSF4.
• Dash Swing Blow (Overhead) - Shortened hitback distance when hitting opponents on the ground, and eased linking with crouching medium punch, etc.
• Near Standing Hard Punch - Expanded hitbox downward, enabling contact at close range with Ryu, etc. when crouching.
• Rolling Attack (Beast Roll) - Changed damage from 100 to 110 for light, 110 to 120 for medium, 120 to 130 for hard, and 110 to 120 for EX version. Made opponent get knocked down when hit connects within 2F of hard or EX version's active period. Made follow-up possible when hit connects within 2F of EX version's active period.
• Rock Crusher (Toward + MP) - Lengthened hit stun by 3F on a max. focus hit, giving the attacker a possible +5F advantage on a hit. Shortened hitback distance on a hit and on a block.
• Jungle Wheel (Back Throw) - Extended total frame count of Blanka's move by 1F on a hit.
• EX Vertical Roll - Made opponent get knocked down on a hit, and made landing point closer to opponent when blocked. Lengthened landing stun on a block by 5F from 7F to 12F.
• Hard Spiral Arrow - Changed active periods from (first hit) 2F + 17F to 7F + 12F. (Overall active period unchanged.)
• Quick Spin Knuckle - Decreased distance all versions push back when blocked.
• Yosokyaku (Head Stomp) - Made accessible from stick diagonally forward-down + medium kick as well as from stick down + medium kick.
• Hard Spinning Bird Kick - Changed damage from 30 * 9 (270 total) to 40 + 20 * 8 (200 total). Made the move hit fully when canceled into from a near standing hard punch.
• Ultra 2 - Kikousho - Changed startup from 10F to 9F.
• Ultra 1 - Hosenka - Made hitboxes match SSFIV.
• Kintekishu (Back + MK) - Lengthened opponent's stun when counter-hit by 3F, giving the attacker a +3F advantage on a counter-hit.
• Tenkukyaku (MK during Kintekishu) - Expanded hitbox downward to make it easier to hit crouching targets.
• Crouching Hard Kick - Increased stun from 100 to 150.
• EX Lightning Legs - EX Hyakuretsukyaku - Increased amount of movement directly following the move's opening and extended attack reach.
• Near Standing Hard Punch - Lengthened hit stun by 1F, leaving the attacker with a -2F (dis)advantage on a hit. Shortened hitback distance.
• Crouching Light Kick - Expanded strike hitbox for deep hit.
• Increased both forward and backwards walk speed.
• Hammer Hook (Toward + Hard Punch) - Increased hit and block stun by 2F. This gives the attacker a +3F advantage on a hit against a standing opponent, a -1F (dis)advantage against a crouching opponent, and a -4F (dis)advantage when blocked. Enabled execution even when holding a knife.
• Standing Light Punch (With Knife) - Lengthened hit stun, giving the attacker a possible +6F advantage on a hit.
• Standing Medium Punch (With Knife) - Changed from a 1-hit to a 2-hit attack. No change to action or damage.
• Standing Hard Punch (With Knife) - Lengthened hit stun, giving the attacker a possible +3F advantage on a hit.
• Crouching Medium Punch (With Knife) - Shrunk hurtbox on attacking arm.Also set hitbox active period to 4F. No change to overall frame count.
• Crouching Hard Punch (With Knife) - Startup changed from 9F to 7F. Changes total frame count from 24F to 22F.
• Jumping Light Punch (With Knife) - Increased length of hit detection.
• Jumping Medium Punch (With Knife) - Expanded hitbox up and down.
• Pick up Knife - Made transition to block possible during move.
• Bad Spray - Changed from a 1-hit to a 2-hit attack. No change to overall damage.Also made second hit super-cancelable.
• EX Zonk Knuckle - Increased forward knockdown distance somewhat.
• Ruffian Kick - Expanded medium kick's hitbox forward slightly.
• Angled Jumping Medium Punch - Expanded hitbox up and down.
• Ultra 1 - Burst Time - Changed damage from 480 to 441. Moved position of hitbox to make the move easier to hook in combos.
• Ultra 2 - Burning Dance - Changed damage from 380 to 410.
• Thunder Knuckle - Changed medium version damage from 120 to 110. Made throw-invincible until first active frame for hard version.
• EX Thunder Knuckle - Changed EX version's startup from 27F to 25F. Lengthened Viper's stun by 2F on an EX version hit.
• EX Seismic Hammer - Changed damage from 120 to 100. Eliminated throw invincibility.
• Aerial Burning Kick - Changed normal damage from 100 to 90. Made follow-ups with Hard Thunder Knuckle or Burst Time possible after EX version fully hits.
• Air Dan Kicks (Dankukyaku) - Made EX Airborne Dankukyaku fully hit after EX Focus canceling a Koryuken. Changed hard version's damage from 50 + 40 + 30 (120 total) to 50 * 3 (150 total). Changed EX version's height restrictions, allowing it to be activated 1F earlier. Changed EX version's stun from 100 * 3 (300 total) to 100 + 75 + 75 (250 total).
• Dan Kicks (Dankukyaku) - Changed hard version's damage from 50 + 40 + 30 (120 total) to 50 + 40 + 40 (130 total).
• Super - Hissho Buraiken - Adjusted to fully hit when used up close against any character.
• Ducking Taunt, Jumping Taunt - Made Super Meter bonus +70 on a hit and +30 on a block.
• Close Standing Medium Punch - Changed startup from 6F to 5F. Takes the total frame count to 23F.
• Close Standing Hard Kick - Shortened hitback distance on standing or crouching hit.
• Crouching Hard Kick - Changed startup from 12F to 10F. Takes the total frame count to 33F.
• Air Slasher - Abolished counter-hit hurtbox in place from projectile discharge to end of move for all versions. Hurtbox now exists until point of discharge.
• Far Standing Medium Punch - Expanded hitbox to end of glove, and made cancelable into a special move.
• Ultra 1 - Sobat Festival - Made canceling into this move possible on penultimate hit of Sobat Carnival Super Combo.
• Double Rolling Sobat - Expanded hitbox along attacking foot for medium version's second hit only when first hit connected. Changed damage from 80 to 90 for light, 100 to 110 for medium, and 120 to 130 for hard version.
• Close Standing Hard Kick - Made first hit do forcible stand-up damage when it connects with opponents on the ground. Expanded second hit's hitbox downward.Made attacker have a -2F (dis)advantage when second hit is blocked. Made second hit super-cancelable.
• EX Yoga Blast - Changed EX version's damage distribution to 90 + 50. No change to overall damage.
• Standing Light Punch - Increased hit detection period from 1F to 4F. Increased hit stun by 1F, giving the attacker a possible +2F advantage on a hit.
• Super - Yoga Inferno - Changed damage from 60 * 5 (300 total) to 75 * 2 + 60 * 3 (330 total).
• Yoga Blast (Up Flame) - Shrunk mid-move hurtbox for medium and hard versions. Made follow-up with any move possible after a hard version hit. Shortened post-hit recovery by 10F for light and medium versions. Shortened post-hit recovery by 5F for hard version. Made quick-stand impossible on a hit for all versions. Made release-triggering impossible for light, medium, and hard versions.
• Victory Rose (Taunt) - Made EX Focus Attack possible. Added light attack hit/block effects and sound effects.
• Thunderbolt - Made it easier to fully hit airborne opponents for all versions of the attack. Prevented quick-stand even when hitting airborne opponents for all versions. Shortened horizontal travel when jumping without changing final total horizontal travel. Delayed thunderbolt discharge and sound effect timing for EX version.
• Ultra 1 - Rolling Thunder - Made second and subsequent hits also connect with airborne opponents.
• Short Swing Blow - Shrunk size of lower-body hurtbox after throw-invincibility expires in medium and hard versions. Lengthened hit stun by 2F for medium and hard versions, giving attacker a possible +2F advantage on a hit.
• Vertical Jumping Light Punch - Changed hitbox active period from 3F to 5F, and expanded its size. Changed startup from 8F to 6F, hit detection from 3F to 4F, and expanded hitbox size.
• Angled Jumping Light Punch - Changed hitbox active period from 5F to 8F.
• Angled Jumping Medium Punch - Changed hitbox active period from 3F to 5F.
• Standing Hard Kick - Lengthened hit stun by 3F on a counter-hit, giving the attacker a possible +7F advantage on a hit.
• Focus Attack - Lengthened block stun by 1F for hits charged to level 1. With the fastest possible Dash, this leaves the attacker with a -2F (dis)advantage on a hit or block.
• Crouching Medium Kick - Changed startup from 10F to 8F, hit detection from 5F to 6F. Takes move's total frame count from 29F to 28F.
• Jet Upper - Changed light and medium version's startup from 6F to 5F, and hard version's startup from 4F to 3F.
• Propeller Tortilla - Made strike- and projectile-invincible from start until 13th frame.
• Quesadilla Bomb - Made EX version's counter-hits lead to wall bounce damage. Reduced EX version's charge time from 390 to 210F. Shortened recovery by 10F when EX version or normal move hits at full charge.
• Calamari Slide - Fixed issue whereby using a Hard Punch -> Calamari Slide combo against a crouching Balrog, etc. wasn't hitting the opponent.
• Crouching Light Punch - Made all light version attacks rapid-fire cancelable.
• Guacamole Leg Throw - Reduced landing stun from 13F to 10F.
• Increased Health and Stun ratings from 850 to 900.
• Air Hurricane Kick - Airborne Tatsumaki Senpukyaku - Adjusted timing of trajectory break-point to be 3F behind the previous point when initiated with an angled forward jump. Enabled Airborne Tatsumaki Senpukyaku to be canceled out of a Senbukyaku at all strengths, and changed the characteristics from normal use.Set stun to 100 for light and medium versions when canceled into from a Senbukyaku.
• Axe Kick (Ryusokyaku) - Increased hit stun by 1F for light version, giving the attacker a possible +1F advantage on a hit. Changed hard version's startup from 27F to 26F, damage from 140 to 130, and stun from 200 to 150. Also enabled follow-up against opponents that have been knocked back, as with the medium version. Inhibited quick-stand after a medium or hard version hit against an airborne opponent.
• EX Axe Kick (EX Ryusokyaku) - Changed EX version's startup from 22F to 21F. Enabled further follow-up from a Senbukyaku -> EX Airborne Tatsumaki Senpukyaku combo with the medium version when at the edge of the screen.
• Far Standing Hard Kick - Adjusted size and position of hitbox to match Ryu's.
• Crouching Hard Kick - Changed damage from 90 to 100, and lengthened active hitbox period from 2F to 3F.
• Super - Raging Demon - Changed damage from 350 to 370.
• Far Standing Medium Kick - Slightly expanded hitbox forward. Also slightly increased amount of forward motion during startup. Reduced recovery by 1F, taking the total frame count from 26F to 25F.
• Target Combo - Made 2nd hit a knockdown.
• Far Standing Hard Punch - Made this move cause a knockdown on a counter-hit.
• Ultra 1 - Metsu Hadoken - Time taken the charge the attack by holding down the button has been cut compared to before. This makes it easier to land repeated knee-crippling hits in a Focus Attack. Expanded hitbox downward in 1st active frame when executed as a charged attack at close range to an opponent.
• Dragon Punch (Shoryuken) - Extended invincibility of medium version by 1F, making first 5F totally invincible. Changed hard version's damage from 90 + 60 (150 total) to 100 + 60 (160 total).
• Sumo Headbutt - Made upper body totally invincible from start until 14th frame for light version. Changed damage until 2nd active frame from 130 to 100 for light version. Made medium version from start until 10th frame projectile-invincible and totally invincible around the foot.
• Hard Punch Hundred Hand Slap - Expanded final hit's hitbox forward, making it easier to connect with all characters.
• Ultra 2 - Orochi Breaker - Changed easy command.
• Ultra 1 - Ultimate Killer Head Ram - Made KO possible even when the move's first hit is double hit.
• EX Oicho Throw - Changed EX version's stun from 50 + 50 (100 total) to 75 + 75 (150 total).
• Rekkaken - Set chip damage from first and second hits to 6 for light version. Set chip damage from first and second hits to 7 for medium version. Decreased distance of block push for second light/medium/hard hit. Reduced block stun for second light/medium/hard hit, giving the attacker a frame (dis)advantage of -8F for light, -10F for medium, and -12F for hard hits.
• Flame Kick (Shienkyaku) - Changed light version deep hit damage from 120 to 110. Changed medium version deep hit damage from 140 to 120. Changed hard version damage from 100 + 60 (160 total) to 100 + 50 (150 total). Changed EX version damage from 100 + 50 + 50 (200 total) to 100 + 50 + 40 (190 total). Shortened first hit block stun by 1F for all versions.
• Chicken Wing (Rekkukyaku) - Changed hard version damage from 40 + 40 + 60 (140 total) to 35 + 35 + 30 (100 total). Stopped hit connecting after cross up for all versions.
• Crouching Medium Punch - Changed damage from 65 to 55.
• Near Standing Medium Punch - Prevented first (hard/EX) Rekkukyaku canceled from near standing medium punch from hitting.
• Near Standing Light PunchFar Standing Light Punch - Shortened hit stun by 1F, giving the attacker a possible +5F advantage on a hit.
• Chokkarakusho (Toward + MK, Overhead) - Changed damage from 60 to 70.
• Engekishu (Toward + HK) - Changed damage from 90 + 60 (150 total) to 80 + 50 (130 total). Made second hit super-cancelable.
• (Crane) Crouching hard Punch - Changed counter-hit damage to be the standard 1.25 times normal damage.
• (Crane) Crouching hard Kick - Changed hitbox active period from 3F to 5F.
• (Mantis) Ultra 2 - Shitenketsu - Changed startup from 9F to 7F.
• Gekiro (Up Kicks) - Given Super Meter a +10 bonus when medium or hard versions make it to the final hit. Made quick-stand impossible on final hit of hard version.
• Jyasen - Varied number of hits when using EX version depending on punch button combination (light + medium or medium + hard or light + hard). Made EX version projectile-invincible until end of active period. Increased opponent's stun by 4F on the penultimate hit or block of the rolling portion of the attack for light/medium/hard version. Following the fastest possible EX Focus -> Dash, this gives the attacker a +6F advantage on a hit, or a +2F advantage when blocked. Increased hit stun by 5F and block stun by 4F on the penultimate hit of the rolling portion of the attack for the EX version. Following the fastest possible EX Focus -> Dash, this gives the attacker a +8F advantage on a hit, or a +2F advantage when blocked.
• (Mantis) Focus Attack - Lengthened hit stun by 3F on a level 1 hit, giving equal frame advantage/disadvantage on a hit after completing the fastest possible Dash.
• (Crane) Focus Attack - Lengthened block stun by 3F on a level 1 block, giving equal frame advantage/disadvantage on a block after completing the fastest possible Dash.
• (Crane) Crouching Medium Kick - Made +1F advantage on a hit and -1F (dis)advantage when blocked. Shrunk mid-move leg hurtbox.
• EX Oga - Changed damage from 100 to 150. Increased movement speed.
• EX Oga (Far Kick) - Changed startup after wall bounce from 12F to 7F. Made follow-up possible on a hit.