SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Comments

• PurpleLemonadeGGPOPurpleLemonadeGGPO Joined: Posts: 1,336
    Anyone know when they will be releasing more character details? Will it be a daily thing, a weekly thing, or just random? I seem to recall a group of characters' AE changes being released every few days, but I wasn't following it that closely.

I'm sure more details will emerge from the people play testing it very soon.

We should know everything by the end of the week.
  • AmericaAmerica Joined: Posts: 141
    I'll post more as I get them done.
    Ryu

Solar plexus 40+60 for 100 total damage.
    If he hits S.RH counter hit on a crouching opponent he can combo sweep after it.

The only real buffs to AE Ryu.

Okay, I guess, not great.
  • Arc-railArc-rail Joined: Posts: 369
    Vega

-cr.HK damage increased to 110, same as Super.
    -+1 more frame of hitstun on the opponent after cosmic heel, making it -3 at worst.
    -Sky High Claw causes blowback when it hits a grounded opponent (same words as the blanka ball change)
    -U1 hitbox after it hits on the way up increased drastically so that it doesn't unexpectedly miss.
    -U2 startup changed to 8f.

Bison

-Scissors stun changed to 100/50 (150 total) on all strengths
    -First hit causes 1f extra hitstun, so if you FADC the first hit you can have +5 advantage at best.
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭
    Vega
    Sweep damage 110, back to Super damage.
    Cosmic Heel does an extra 1 frame of block stun, Vega will be at worst 3F disadvantage.
    Sky High Claw does "blowback" damage on a grounded opponent.
    For U1, when he hits with the knee, the hitbox has been greatly expanded to prevent people from falling out.
    Splendid Claw startup 8F.
    chubbyfingerz:
    There are few characters in this game which everyone wishes they could play but simply can't adapt to. Say, Hakan, for instance. Makoto is chief among them. She's the equivalent of building a racecar and saying "give me 7 gears and NO brakes, no hydraulic steering, no seatbelt or helmet, none of that gay shit, cause I'm going for it with all I got and if I fuck up then fuck it". Cammy is like driving a Lamborghini with autopilot while you listen to One Direction and talk to your girlfriend on the phone "oh wait honey there's a curve coming up let me push a button here.... done. So, then your boss said what? Oh my god, what a bitch she is!"
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I severely doubt it, she didn't make enough noise to be nerfed. She went from "crap" to in with the crowd. It seems they are being fairly fair. I'm just curious as to what will happen with Hakan.

I'm just always nervous when it comes to rebalancing time lol. You're right though, the changes that have been listed so far all sound pretty good. Maybe they'll get it right this time. Here's hoping eh?

And Hakan...I had a radical idea a while back. I say ditch his current Super and change it to where he stays oiled up for the entire round. That'll never happen though.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    If blowback turns out to mean inflicting damage to themselves, my desk might have a face print in it.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • Triggerhappy938Triggerhappy938 The Arkansan Geek-of-all-Trades Joined: Posts: 267
    Of course, these changes will be all for naught if they end up buffing Yun. I will reserve my judgement.
    "I've got a bullet with your name on it, and I'm gonna keep shooting until I find it!"

"God, this is gonna be quick, ugly, and I'm gonna be crying by the end. It's gonna be just like prom night."
  • XgrayninjaXgrayninja Fumbling my way to the top. One loss at a time. Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Can anyone clarify for me what "blowback" means?
    Gotta be hungry.
  • Hyun SaiHyun Sai Joined: Posts: 360
    And Hakan...I had a radical idea a while back. I say ditch his current Super and change it to where he stays oiled up for the entire round. That'll never happen though.

A radical idea would be to make Hakan always oiled and take out the move for it...

I don't use him, so I dunno if a oiled Hakan is S+ tier or not ayway... ^^
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭
    I'm just curious as to what will happen with Hakan.

Well, if Gief is any indication of what they plan for the grapplers, then Hakan should be godlike.

I'm just waiting for them to reveal that all non-Viper/Ibuki/Chun females now have 1000 health. There's no reason why they shouldn't.

But, they won't.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
  • DomiiiDomiii Joined: Posts: 66
    Can anyone clarify for me what "blowback" means?
    Since he compared it to Blanka, I'm guessing it means that either Vega or his opponent is pushed back after the attack is blocked. I'm also *guessing* this means it is harder to punish. Still, I'm the furthest thing from an authority on this subject so ultimately? Iono.
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheDomithan for street fighter and other video game articles.
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The characters I'm curious about

Yun
    Yang
    Fei
    Oni
    Evil Ryu
    Makoto
    Sakura
    Rose
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭
    Good stufff. Ken is still the same. Waiting for Seth, Akuma, Dudley, Abel, hoping they all got buffs.

Yun will most likely stay around the same if they buff all the charge chars

Hope they nerf Fei, keep Honda/Gief/ the same due to boredom fighting them lol. Hoping they don't make Sagat stronger due to overload on Online. Hoping they don't make Ryu much better due to overload online
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    Just don't nerf El Fuerte damn it.

Ultra 1 hitbox buff for viper is cool. Tk stuff isn't that serious. At least they didn't touch burn kick or seismo's invincibility.

Gief gon be stunnin' fools with ex green hand counterhit to headbutt.
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
    Good stufff. Ken is still the same. Waiting for Seth, Akuma, Dudley, Abel, hoping they all got buffs.

Yun will most likely stay around the same if they nerf all the charge chars

Hope they nerf Fei, keep Honda/Gief/ the same due to boredom fighting them lol. Hoping they don't make Sagat stronger due to overload on Online. Hoping they don't make Ryu much better due to overload online

Just out of curiosity, why do you think nerfing the charge characters means Yun stays the same? On a somewhat related note, it seems the charge characters mentioned so far were all buffed, if anything.
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheDomithan for street fighter and other video game articles.
    Just out of curiosity, why do you think nerfing the charge characters means Yun stays the same? On a somewhat related note, it seems the charge characters mentioned so far were all buffed, if anything.

Oh my bad my bad, I meant ''if they buff the charge characters'' since they are/would be pretty good against the twins with some others as far as I know
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    Oh my bad my bad, I meant ''if they buff the charge characters''
    Ohhhhh okay.
  • CurbehCurbeh Kagami Joined: Posts: 108
    Full for Balrog (Claw)
    ■Balrog
    We thought that Claw players would only want a few more improvements, so we change a couple of small things.
    Crouching roundhouse's damage was increased to 110, the same as in SFIV (Vanilla)
    The blockstun from Cosmic Smart (Heel) was increased by 1F. The maximum advantage for this move has been shortened to -3F.
    Sky High Claw will now juggle the opponent
    If the knee hits in Bloody High Claw (U1), the hitbox of the subsequent hits will be larger, decreasing the changes of the opponent dropping out of the ultra combo.
    Splendid Claw's (U2) start up has been changed to 8F.
  • KIRBYSIMKIRBYSIM Joined: Posts: 105
    Oh, of course. The power of collaborating through forums. I was slow to see this thread, but I translated the whole thing on my end too. All the changes are probably out there now, but I tried to keep as much of what assistant producer Ayano said as possible.

Ryu
    -U2 Metsu Shoryuken hitbox increased, easier to lock-on for full animation (better as an anti-air in general)

-With a counter-hit Shakunetsu Hadouken (red fireball) you can combo into U2 Metsu Shoryuken with full animation. Try using it in combination with crouching MK (TL note: make your opponent block cr.MK, and if they try to focus absorb your regular fireball, if you do an EX it will hit as counter-hit). Does like 500+ damage, which is likely to lead to a comeback.

For this to combo in this particular scenario, you will need to EX/Red Fireball -> FADC -> U2 Metsu Shoryuken.
    HOWEVER, if you score a counter-hit with EX fireball at close range, an FADC is not required for U2 to combo.

-Angular-jump (forward/back) Hurricane Kick's "brake" frames are shortened by 3. I'm not exactly sure what Ayano is talking about here... but he says basically you can use this changed property to alter your jump trajectory.
    Note: At first I thought this could be referring to vertical jump Hurricane Kick, but as it turns out the Japanese has another term for that is 垂直ジャンプ. In any case we won't know how it works till we try it.

-Solar Plexus: damage is now changed to 40+60 for a total of 100.

-Close standing HK on a crouching opponent, on counter-hit, is comboable into sweep. This works regardless of which character your opponent is.

Ken
    He's pretty good now, so there aren't many changes here. Slight buffs.

-Target Combo: hitbox has been made bigger (towards the lower part) so that you can catch crouching opponents more easily. You can also now delay the second hit of the TC.

-EX Shoryuken's damage is now 80+30+30 for a total of 190 damage. Should give you a better risk/reward return.

Chun Li
    Minor changes here, done to make Chun a more stable character apparently.

-(In air) down+MK can now be down with down-forward+MK. However, down-back+MK will NOT work.

-Back+MK on counter-hit gives you +3 frame advantage (did it used to be +1, like with LP and LK on counter-hit??)

-After back+MK, the MK follow-up is easier to hit-confirm into (probably means the input window is extended).

-Crouching HK's stun value has been increased to 150.

-U2 Kikousho's start-up has been changed to 9 frames. It should be easier to anti-air/combo into now.

-Apparently in SSF4 AE, when you manage to land U1 against very specific characters there was some sort of bug that didn't allow the whole UC1 to connect properly. This has been fixed.

E.Honda
    -LP headbutts are back to the way they were in SSF4 console, which is to say invincibility (on the upper half of Honda's body) has been restored. However, when you hit your opponent with LP headbutt during its invincibility frames, damage is reduced slightly, to 100.

-MP headbutt has been given lower-body invincibility in a way similar to SSF4 AE's LP headbutt. Ayano notes that for players who've properly researched strategies on how to take advantage of AE's LP headbutt lower-body invincibility, your efforts have not been in vain.

Blanka
    In general, Blanka's Rolling Attacks (not sure what they're called in English, but it's the forward roll) have been given a brand new twist.

-Firstly, all Rolling Attacks have increased damage, by an additional 10. As a result,

Weak: 110
    Medium: 120
    Heavy: 130
    EX: 120

-Furthermore, heavy and EX rolling attacks now knockdown if, and only if, you manage to land it within the first 2 attack frames (basically, the frames during which they are FADC-able).

So for instance, when you perform the following combo:
    Crouching LK, crouching LK, standing LP, heavy Rolling Attack...
    ... You will score a knockdown.

-Furthermore, if you manage to land an EX Rolling Attack within the first 2 active frames, this will put your opponent in a juggle state to be hit by pursuit-property moves. So try and FADC out of that and add damage.
    (EDIT: not sure what you might be able to combo with though. Not really a Blanka player here.)

-The charged version of Rock Crusher (Blanka's overhead... I think you can hold down the button to delay the start-up) will give you a +5 frame advantage on hit.

So combos like Rock Crusher -> crouching MK -> heavy Rolling Attack are now possible.

Zangief
    The changes here revolve primarily around damage.

-Weak SPD's stun value has been changed to 150.

-The damage for EX Banishing Fist (AKA green hand) has been changed to 90+50 for a total of 140. Stun has also been adjusted to 100+50 for a total of 150.

-Crouching LP's hitbox six has been altered. Previously when you do a jump-in and follow-up with a crouching LP, sometimes it whiffs on certain crouching characters. This has now been fixed.
    Edit: I mis-translated this part earlier.
    Kudos to Arc-rail for spotting the error.

-Crouching HK now lowers the height of Zangief's vulnerability hitbox (TL note: in a fashion similar to Akuma's cr.MK). During this animation you WILL be able to dodge/go under certain attacks.
    Edit: bloody typo.

Guile
    Has to do with changes that were made from SSF4 console to AE. They've been redone over for the sake of better balance.

-In AE, when you hit after Guile throws out a Sonic Boom (but is still in his recovery frames) it was considered a counter-hit (whereas normally counter-hits require you to land an attack during your opponent's move start-up frames). This has been abolished in the re-balance.
    Kudos to Arc-rail for spotting and explaining the Sonic Boom counter-hit property.

-Air throws have been changed to 3-frame start-up (TL note: down from 4-frame).

-Spinning Backfist's damage has been revised to 100.

-Reverse Spin Kick has throw-invulnerability.from the 6th frame to the last active frame.
    Edit: Reverse Spin Kick info was previously mistranslated. Whoever translated it earlier was correct.

Dhalsim
    -Yoga Inferno's damage is now 75x2+60x3 for a total of 330.

-EX Yoga Blast's damage is now 90+50. So basically the first hit gives 20 more damage, while the second hit gives 20 less. So if you trade hits with your opponent this will give you slightly more damage.

-Standing LP now has 4 active frames instead of 3. However, the overall frame length for this move has not been changed. (TL note: this either means start-up has been reduced by 1 frame, or recovery has been reduced by 1 frame).

-Dhalsim's vulnerability hitboxes on medium/heavy Yoga Blast has been made smaller, so he's harder to hit during these moves now.

In addition, HK Yoga Blast will now put your opponent in a state of juggle.

Boxer
    In AE, Boxer's changes mostly revolved around damage nerfs. This has been revised in the rebalance.

-Buffalo Head's damage is now as follows,
    Medium: 120
    Heavy: 140
    EX: 150
    Which were the values for SSF4 console.

-U2 Dirty Bull's damage has been increased to 399, up from 300.
    Edit: "However, it takes longer to recover from the special U2 animation on hit" was wrong. I misunderstood what Ayano meant when he wrote "return". He was referring to risk/reward return.

-This is a minor change but Dash Swing Blow's properties on hit has been changed in a manner that ensures the following combo,
    Dash Swing Blow -> crouching MP,
    will connect on all characters on hit (TL note: did this whiff on certain characters in AE?)

-The lower part of Close standing HP's hitbox has been enlarged, so that it will no longer whiff on certain crouching characters up-close.

Claw
    Slight changes to make him easier to use.

-Crouching HK (slide)'s damage has been increased to 110, which was the value for SSF4 console version.

-Cosmic Heel's frame disadvantage on block has been reduced by 1. So when blocked, the maximum frame disadvantage for Cosmis Heel is now shortened to -3.

-Sky High Claw now knocks down grounded opponents too.

-If U1 Bloody High Claw hits on the way up (flying towards the wall), the hitboxes for the remainder of the Ultra have been increased greatly so that they will always connect.

-U2 Splendid Claw's start-up has been revised to 8 frames.

Sagat
    He's already pretty good in AE. So there's only one change here:

-After Angry Scar, the damage for Sagat's weak, medium and EX (but not heavy) gets 10 additional damage on top of what it currently is in AE.

Dictator
    Ayano notes that they basically want to keep Dictator the same as it is now in AE. So only one change here.

-Double Knee Press's stun value has been changed to 100+50 for a total of 150 - for all versions of this move.

Furthermore, the frame advantage for the first hit of Double Knee Press has been increased by 1. So if you do the move and FADC on the first hit, the maximum frame advantage possible is now +5.

C.Viper
    Damage nerfs and some small changes.

-Medium Thunder Knuckle's damage has been changed from 120 to 110.

-EX Thunder Knuckle's start-up has been reduced to 25 frames. Also, on hit with this move the frame advantage is 2 frames longer than it currently is in AE. The changes here should make it easier for Viper players to catch backdashes with EX Thunder Knuckle and punish accordingly.

-EX Seismo Hammer's damage has been decreased from 120 to 100.

-U1 Burst Time's maximum damage has been reduced to 441. On the plus side, the hitbox for U1 has been increased such that it's now easier to combo from (in-air) Burning Kick, HP Thunder Knuckle, etc.

-U2 Burning Dance's maximum damage has been INCREASED to 410.
    Edit: Made a mistake on this (originally wrote decreased).
    Kudos to Theautophobia for catching the error and providing additional info: increased from 380 to 410.

Tomorrow another 13 characters' changes will be revealed.
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭
    Oh my bad my bad, I meant ''if they buff the charge characters'' since they are pretty good against the twins with some others as far as I know

So far they haven't buffed any of the charge characters enough to deal with him.

Correction: maybe Guile *rolls eyes*
    SSF4: Bison, Cammy, Oni | SFxT: Bison/Lili
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • ShieldSkillsShieldSkills Joined: Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭
    Some of this stuff is golden....

"Alleviate the symptoms have not been hit in the character of the state when the concatenation of some crouching combo keeps jumping attacks and did not hit some of the characters crouch states." ....LOL
    Akuma/Arthur/Hawkeye.
  • xekrnxekrn Joined: Posts: 179
    -Furthermore, heavy and EX rolling attacks now knockdown if, and only if, you manage to land it within the first 2 attack frames (basically, the frames during which they are FADC-able).

So for instance, when you perform the following combo:
    Crouching LK, crouching LK, standing LP, heavy Rolling Attack...
    ... You will score a knockdown.
    HOLY SHIT!!!!

So raw ball remains the same but ball combo can land KD now. That's huge.
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    cool ken is the same I wanna see what they are gonna do to yun/yang I dont think they will be hit with the nerf pipe that hard
    Mainly plays:UMvC3,SF4AE,GG+R
    Waiting for...BBCP
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145
    Rolling can make a KD if hit in 2 first actives frames ?? Whaow.
  • TeamMBisonTeamMBison Joined: Posts: 2
    I wish they would consider changing Psycho Punisher back to double QCF again.
  • XgrayninjaXgrayninja Fumbling my way to the top. One loss at a time. Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Sky high claw results in a knockdown? Huh. I guess that's cool. The move is probably still ass, though.
    Gotta be hungry.
  • TheautophobiaTheautophobia psn: Windsurferash2 Joined: Posts: 5,602
    I think you typed decrease in U2 damage for viper. the max damage before was 380. 410 is higher.
    [SIZE=14px]╔══════════════ღ☃ღ══════════════╗[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]~ ~ I am a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]╚══════════════ღ☃ღ══════════════╝[/SIZE]
    Whoa wait, Blanka's gonna be scoring knockdowns in close range balls?

That sounds...like a usefull buff. A useful buff, for Blanka? What is this madness? He never gets useful buffs!
  • DontdodatDontdodat I know u want to Joined: Posts: 447
    I like the idea but it's broken :tup:
    There are some inaccuracies in there (example: it specifically says that Zangief cr.LP should work on all characters now, viper U2 is an increase from 380 not decrease.) I would just collect the separate posts that were already posted in here.

The "blowback" thing could mean knockdown, but I'm hesitant to say that definitively. It's not really the usual word, I believe.

We'll know when Capcom posts their version, anyway.
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% sure but I think "blowback" is just knockdown. Maybe no tech?

EDIT
    Arc-rail and I are on the same wavelength. =P

I did a quick search and I found other instances of "blowback" damage...

Zangief
    EXバニシングフラットが地上で通常ヒットした場合に、
    従来の吹き飛びダメージから地上のけぞりダメージに変わりました。

Yang
    近中キックはストIII3rd同様ヒットすると
    吹き飛びダメージになりますので追撃が可能です。

This just talks about the changes to Gief's EX Backfist in AE and Yang's close forward kick. They say Gief's Backfist used to do "blowback" damage and Yang's close forward does "blowback" damage same as 3S.
    chubbyfingerz:
    There are few characters in this game which everyone wishes they could play but simply can't adapt to. Say, Hakan, for instance. Makoto is chief among them. She's the equivalent of building a racecar and saying "give me 7 gears and NO brakes, no hydraulic steering, no seatbelt or helmet, none of that gay shit, cause I'm going for it with all I got and if I fuck up then fuck it". Cammy is like driving a Lamborghini with autopilot while you listen to One Direction and talk to your girlfriend on the phone "oh wait honey there's a curve coming up let me push a button here.... done. So, then your boss said what? Oh my god, what a bitch she is!"
    it's not likely recoil, then perfects would be impossible with those characters. Which is no big deal but why after all these years give those moves recoil?
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa wait, Blanka's gonna be scoring knockdowns in close range balls?

That sounds...like a usefull buff. A useful buff, for Blanka? What is this madness? He never gets useful buffs!
    Blanka's buffs in super were great actually, but they've nerfed the things they buffed since then in other ways, which is sort of dumb.
    blowback = knockdown?

Seems so obvious now lol
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • PurpleLemonadeGGPOPurpleLemonadeGGPO Joined: Posts: 1,336
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,065
    This is making me cry, characters who needed no buffs are getting drastic buffs. Im incredibly nervous for Hakan, Rose, Seth, T.Hawk, and Gouken. Lets hope capcom doesn't fuck us over again.
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.
    ''Tomorrow another 13 characters' changes will be revealed.''

Good stuff. Waiting for my characters : ] *Wishes every overused easy mode char (Or Boring) would get nerfed and mixup chars would get even more buffs <3 (So far the opposite has happened though lol) dont-take-this-seriously-stop-reading-too*

I do agree certain changes are kinda unneccesary. But eh, a buff is a buff I guess.
    I did a quick search and I found other instances of "blowback" damage...

Makes sense, if it's like those, they cause a techable knockdown now.
    This is making me cry, characters who needed no buffs are getting drastic buffs. Im incredibly nervous for Hakan, Rose, Seth, T.Hawk, and Gouken. Lets hope capcom doesn't fuck us over again.

Which buffs are you referring to as "unnecessary"?
    Where are these drastic buffs?
    Im a new member and i miss people who knew what they were talking about.
  • SuperstarSuperstar Joined: Posts: 198
    Great work on the translation guys. Seems to be no major changes. I wonder if Ryu's U2 is viable now or will most prolly stick with 1. The only change of the characters revealed I was looking for was a slight decrease to Viper's U1 which I got soooooooo that means superstar 1 everybody else 0 :D.
  • Poe22222Poe22222 Raging Flower Child Joined: Posts: 706
    Wow, Blanka and Claw with the knockdowns... I think that's huge for both of them, really. Both of them have a ton of gimmicks with their respective hop moves and now they will have significantly more opportunities to get their gimmick games on. Also, that's pretty cool IMO because those are buffs that think outside the box a little bit when compared to simply adding damage or health. Makes me more excited to see the rest of the changes.

I'm going to be refreshing the front page like a beast tomorrow hahaha

Edit - I'd also like to thank those who have translated. :)

I think the "drastic buffs" are probably referring to Gief in particular. I don't mind them, really, but I can see why people would be upset about his receiving a lot more stun on that SPD considering he already has that stupid headbutt that puts many characters close to stun in a single move.
    Up-Your-Game.com - Participate in nightly streams - FREE online tournaments - Interviews - Meet solid and top players with good vibes who want everybody to level up - av by Tat guy - Be Here Now
    Nothing drastic so far.

Poe22222 needs to stop posting. Demon Flip is fantastic in it's many uses. It needs no recovery buff.
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
  • DontdodatDontdodat I know u want to Joined: Posts: 447
    I hate to say it but if Sky high claw can knockdown it doesn't make it any less awful. It's still in most cases ultra punishable on block and impossible to combo into. Useless buff IMO.
    Thank you to all those who translated. I'm happy knowing it's mostly buffs so far, even to already solid characters. And the nerfs are very minor so far, surprised.

Things are looking up.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    I hate to say it but if Sky high claw can knockdown it doesn't make it any less awful. It's still in most cases ultra punishable on block and impossible to combo into. Useless buff IMO.
    Yeah, I agree. Unless if they also adjusted it so that it's no longer so unsafe on block, this move will still be not even worth using. Ever.
    Oh well though, we still get our old Cosmic Heel back, which is pretty huge. That and the Ultra 1 buffs are enough for me.
    Gotta be hungry.
  • Poe22222Poe22222 Raging Flower Child Joined: Posts: 706
    Nothing drastic so far.

Poe22222 needs to stop posting. Demon Flip is fantastic in it's many uses. It needs no recovery buff.

That's not what I said at all. What I said was that he has gotten a few nerfs, one of which being the added recovery to missed DF throw, but has remained largely unchanged and that I hope he stays the same because a few nerfs could turn Akuma into a much weaker character. I don't feel bad for using half a post to say what almost every single person is thinking about his or her main and what 90% of people have already posted a dozen times over the last several months (I, for the record, haven't).
    Up-Your-Game.com - Participate in nightly streams - FREE online tournaments - Interviews - Meet solid and top players with good vibes who want everybody to level up - av by Tat guy - Be Here Now
    True. Everytime i use sky high claw everyone crouches and it whiffs.
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭
    True. Everytime i use sky high claw everyone crouches and it whiffs.

Huh that's interesting, guessing that's not all characters though
    SSF4: Bison, Cammy, Oni | SFxT: Bison/Lili
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
    That's not what I said at all. What I said was that he has gotten a few nerfs, one of which being the added recovery to missed DF throw, but has remained largely unchanged and that I hope he stays the same because a few nerfs could turn Akuma into a much weaker character. I don't feel bad for using half a post to say what almost every single person is thinking about his or her main and what 90% of people have already posted a dozen times over the last several months (I, for the record, haven't).

he doesn't really need any nerfs as he is now. Personally I'd make his super and both ultras faster.