SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

Comments

• Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't have specific measurements here, kinda playing it by ear, so to speak. All I know is that I am CONTROLLING the skies with it now.
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
  • FailedOneFailedOne Really Dumb Luck.... Joined: Posts: 197
    Well I don't have specific measurements here, kinda playing it by ear, so to speak. All I know is that I am CONTROLLING the skies with it now.

By your statement it feels as if you are saying that Ryu's U2 now hits like the early frames of the 2nd hit of his EX SRK, the one that if hits can still be FADC'd . I dunno if that's accurate but I'll find out for sure after going home this weekend!!! TT_TT
    SSFIV AE: Ryu, Gouken
    SFXT: Jin,Ryu
    PSN: MaxFailure XBL:FailedOneAgain
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭
    When they say the buffed the hitbox on Ryu's U2, they weren't kidding. Sweet Jesus that thing is ENORMOUS.

Does it have the range and setups of U1? LOL
  • Rich.Rich. Joined: Posts: 268
    And we shall wait with bated breath for the cries of a thousand Yun's to circle the globe.
    LOL why though? I just played him a bit yesterday and hes still really damn good, im still getting genei-jin in the first round so thank god for that
  • D_DollarsD_Dollars the BASED ken Joined: Posts: 1,655
    no yun will be crying because they were most likely smart enough to drop him once they either saw his changes, or tried him in the lab for the first time.
    ssf4 ae:ken aka da based ken
    P4U:mitsuru aka da based mitsuru
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Karakusa is cheap Joined: Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have the range and setups of U1? LOL

Well, no...but I don't really see how it's relevant to U2's hitbox...
    Student of the Rindou-Kan
  • DooplissDoopliss T.Rawk Joined: Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭
    Some hidden changes:
    T.Hawk's U2 no longer glitches after FA
    Ryu's j.MP's first hit no longer keeps float state if it hit someone already in float.
    Cody's knife s.MP is +4 now, instead of +3.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Gotta Patch 'Em All!" an USFIV Old Character Combo Video
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no yun will be crying because they were most likely lazy enough to drop him once they either saw his changes, or tried him in the lab one time.
    This x10000
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 842
    Chun-Li
    • Yosokyaku (Head Stomp) - Made accessible from stick diagonally forward-down + medium kick as well as from stick down + medium kick.
    • Hard Spinning Bird Kick - Changed damage from 30 * 9 (270 total) to 40 + 20 * 8 (200 total). Made the move hit fully when canceled into from a near standing hard punch.
    Ultra 2 - Kikoken - Changed startup from 10F to 9F.
    • Ultra 1 - Hosenka - Made hitboxes match SSFIV.
    • Kintekishu (Back + MK) - Lengthened opponent's stun when counter-hit by 3F, giving the attacker a +3F advantage on a counter-hit.
    • Tenkukyaku (MK during Kintekishu) - Expanded hitbox downward to make it easier to hit crouching targets.
    • Crouching Hard Kick - Increased stun from 100 to 150.
    • EX Lightning Legs - EX Hyakuretsukyaku - Increased amount of movement directly following the move's opening and extended attack reach.
    • Near Standing Hard Punch - Lengthened hit stun by 1F, leaving the attacker with a -2F (dis)advantage on a hit. Shortened hitback distance.
    • Crouching Light Kick - Expanded strike hitbox for deep hit.

Can someone tell me if this is Kikouken or Kikosho? Is this a typo? If so, let's have that cleared up, please. Thank you.
    K-Mai,Rock,Kyo
    C-Morrigan,Ken,Iori
    SF4 - Chun-Li
  • Lose-ControlLose-Control I mash Burning Kicks. Joined: Posts: 449
    Can someone tell me if this is Kikouken or Kikosho? Is this a typo? If so, let's have that cleared up, please. Thank you.

Yeah it's a typo. The change is to Kikousho.
    Hit me up anytime for some games.

XBL Tag: Lose Contro1
  • Super Sick CaseSuper Sick Case PuroresuLuv Joined: Posts: 427
    NOTED! I will change this typo now, thanks guys!
  • du ma balrogdu ma balrog Joined: Posts: 58
    wasn't something "cool" sapose to happen if i hold all 3 punches and press start at the beginning of the game?
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/21/part-2-beta-changes-ssf4-ae-v2012/
  • hayate4468hayate4468 Joined: Posts: 32
    wasn't something "cool" sapose to happen if i hold all 3 punches and press start at the beginning of the game?
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/21/part-2-beta-changes-ssf4-ae-v2012/
    Yeah they said that in arcade mode, the cpus can wear their alternate costumes.
  • SouthSideNoobsSouthSideNoobs Joined: Posts: 14
    Hey guys, me and my buddies did a video on all the changes for each character. I hope this video helps the more average player see the changes. There may be some errors so we could use the feedback and corrections.

Part 1:

Part 2:
  • FallenAngelFallenAngel Joined: Posts: 183
    Hey guys, me and my buddies did a video on all the changes for each character. I hope this video helps the more average player see the changes. There may be some errors so we could use the feedback and corrections.

This is a really nice idea,but you need to include all the hidden nerf/changes. Maybe you did, I didn't honestly check.

It would also be nice to have in text a final change log for 2012 or a thread where we can put all the new findings. Thanks
  • Reipin PillageReipin Pillage Lover of thigh highs Joined: Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭
    First you need to show the differences from before.

For Gouken you should show the distance changes on palm.

Denjin always had stun.

Overhead got a better hurtbox.

Cl.st.hk and st.hp did not get startup nerfs, they got active frame buffs.

St.mp also gt one extra frame of hit stun.
    "L.RH to your soapbox" - Sosage
  • carugacaruga Joined: Posts: 538
    Let's not forget when PC version comes out we can peek the datafiles to determine any and all hidden changes.
    Nice read.
  • SouthSideNoobsSouthSideNoobs Joined: Posts: 14
    This is a really nice idea,but you need to include all the hidden nerf/changes. Maybe you did, I didn't honestly check.

It would also be nice to have in text a final change log for 2012 or a thread where we can put all the new findings. Thanks

I am planning on doing a hidden changes but since its still kind of early, I'm gathering a bigger list first.
    Denjin always had stun.

Thats a good idea. Since I still have the PC version of the game, I'll record old Gouken footage and compare it to the new.

Thanks!

Denjin always had stun.

Were you always able to combo denjin off of a air fireball hit at max jump?
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering about this also. I watched Bullcat hit an air FB at an Akuma player full screen and the Denjin hit full. I hadn't seen this set up before.
  • cerberusfxcerberusfx Timekeeper Joined: Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    it would make sense since Gouken's fireball have juggle properties.
    Also why if Rose does HP reflect on Gouken's fireball and Gouken gets hit while airborne, she can U1 him
    Power is nothing without skill
    R.I.P Joshua Colon (sksksksksk222)
    **Oh god images in signatures--not approving at all >_>!**
  • Reipin PillageReipin Pillage Lover of thigh highs Joined: Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭
    Were you always able to combo denjin off of a air fireball hit at max jump?

You can/could combo anything off a Gouken fireball. Denjin just never had the speed to do it at full screen before.
    I was wondering about this also. I watched Bullcat hit an air FB at an Akuma player full screen and the Denjin hit full. I hadn't seen this set up before.

Yeah, Denjin just never had the speed in AE or Super, but you could have done it in a corner trap, but at that point you might as well have used Shin sho.

You could always do (in the corner) st.hp xx EX palm -> EX fireball (x2 depending on size of the character) -> lp.palm -> Denjin
    "L.RH to your soapbox" - Sosage
  • Da KnutDa Knut Joined: Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    it would make sense since Gouken's fireball have juggle properties.
    Also why if Rose does HP reflect on Gouken's fireball and Gouken gets hit while airborne, she can U1 him

lol never knew that
  • GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    You challenge me to some serious grudge matches? Online right? Yep.

Case closed.

Moving on.
    Get called out for being an online warrior.

Challenge someone to an online match.

Please continue this thread is highly entertaining.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/dec/22/latif-interview-ill-probably-play-umvc3-and-sfxt-seriously/
    Latif says:
    "in order to prepare for EVO, I played around 7 hours a day. my training routine was pretty much playing online mode, sometimes ranked just to play against all kind of players randomly then move on to endless if i wanted to test something or was uncertain about a specific match up. Almost every day I played I learned something new which makes me go to training mode to test more stuff in the lab about what I learned and brain storm a bit to figure out additional stuff."

read this interview please. lol, yes online is such shit and is so worthless. lol @ u guys.
    You man children just type clever things behind your computer screens and think your made come kind of accomplishment. You abortions are the worst kind of people we could have on the site, your vapid posturing is just a way for you to avoid having to playing because in all likelihood you both eat dicks and suck at this game.

You can way whatever you want but the idea of avoiding a fight w/ someone on a forum about fighting games is pretty much the scrubbiest thing I can think of. You'd rather write messages back and forth like little school girls then PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Fucking chods.
    Monster Hunter
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/dec/22/latif-interview-ill-probably-play-umvc3-and-sfxt-seriously/
    Latif says:
    "in order to prepare for EVO, I played around 7 hours a day. my training routine was pretty much playing online mode, sometimes ranked just to play against all kind of players randomly then move on to endless if i wanted to test something or was uncertain about a specific match up. Almost every day I played I learned something new which makes me go to training mode to test more stuff in the lab about what I learned and brain storm a bit to figure out additional stuff."

read this interview please. lol, yes online is such shit and is so worthless. lol @ u guys.
    You man children just type clever things behind your computer screens and think your made come kind of accomplishment. You abortions are the worst kind of people we could have on the site, your vapid posturing is just a way for you to avoid having to playing because in all likelihood you both eat dicks and suck at this game.

You can way whatever you want but the idea of avoiding a fight w/ someone on a forum about fighting games is pretty much the scrubbiest thing I can think of. You'd rather write messages back and forth like little school girls then PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Fucking chods.

while i agree that online can be helpful, it should be noted that vipers gameplan isnt seriously affected by lag. she kinda does what she wants and forces other characters to play her game. so because it works for latiff and wolfkrone dosent mean it works for everyone else

jus sayin
    DWU fucked my bitch
    while i agree that online can be helpful, it should be noted that vipers gameplan isnt seriously affected by lag. she kinda does what she wants and forces other characters to play her game. so because it works for latiff and wolfkrone dosent mean it works for everyone else

jus sayin

The thing about online play is that it doesn't help your execution as much as it helps you understand the matchups. What options opponents are going to do, learning to recognize certain set ups, how opponents will typically react to your moves. The real thing is taking the knowledge you learn from online and applying it to the training mode lab and then to tournament play.

Don't play exclusively to WIN but rather to LEARN. Because while playing to win online can lead to abusing online specific tactics due to lag, playing to LEARN can get you a lot of good info even if you lose some.

Also playing online can be a good practice for learning the psychological aspects of the gameplay, good reads and mind games are something you can really train online since you can't always rely on reactions and complex max damage combos.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about online play is that it doesn't help your execution as much as it helps you understand the matchups. What options opponents are going to do, learning to recognize certain set ups, how opponents will typically react to your moves. The real thing is taking the knowledge you learn from online and applying it to the training mode lab and then to tournament play.

Don't play exclusively to WIN but rather to LEARN. Because while playing to win online can lead to abusing online specific tactics due to lag, playing to LEARN can get you a lot of good info even if you lose some.

Also playing online can be a good practice for learning the psychological aspects of the gameplay, good reads and mind games are something you can really train online since you can't always rely on reactions and complex max damage combos.

well yeah, i said it can be helpful in the first 5 words or so
    DWU fucked my bitch
    well yeah, i said it can be helpful in the first 5 words or so

Yeah but so can a kick in the face if you have a loose tooth. I figured I'd expound on your statement to show HOW it is useful.
  • cerberusfxcerberusfx Timekeeper Joined: Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    I also don't get how you get hype over one person doing an interview and saying that most of his training came from online...

Look guys I jumped off a cliff and I didn't get hurt! It will surely work for everyone else !
    Power is nothing without skill
    R.I.P Joshua Colon (sksksksksk222)
    **Oh god images in signatures--not approving at all >_>!**
  • FallenAngelFallenAngel Joined: Posts: 183
    I also don't get how you get hype over one person doing an interview and saying that most of his training came from online...

Look guys I jumped off a cliff and I didn't get hurt! It will surely work for everyone else !

This. Also: Latif is a great player, but there are not 200 Latifs, only one. So he stating that he trained online only and that helped him get #2 at Evo or whatever means....nothing.That doesn't mean that online will help everyone like it seemingly helped him, he's just a great player.

Related to that: Viper gets realy affected by lag. Yes, Latif can do every trick in the book on XBL so that means it's "humanly possible" to do it. Again, he's just good at the game. It's hell to try to do no bar FADCs etc online, it's really not easy.It's easy to mess up feint cancels specially with varying spikes of lag and get killed. Viper is not blanka,honda,etc, who can adapt more easily when lag is really bad.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Baton Rouge, Lousiana Joined: Posts: 5,404 mod
    Online can teach you a lot, but in general footsies and other assorted fine points of the game are hard to learn on there. That is why Viper players can gain a lot from online because they don't have to worry about footsies as much.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.

lol you just don't know anything about some players backgrounds do you? You also must not listen to wakeup podcasts.

There are many top players who got "good" because online was all they had. (I'm talking back in the day supercade/2dfighter, ect...) Latif giving this interview is just more evidence that it doesn't matter where you train and that you can get good playing online.

It just happens to be really all I have access to and I hate when stupid mother fuckers on sites like this call people/me out for being "online warriors" when you man-children never even step up to play against any one. You all just write back some clever reply and be done w/ it. Which is funny because I know a lot of you do in fact suck at this game and a just scared to play other people.

This is the biggest scrub mentality of all time --- Why even play someone if I can insult them over the internet?
    Monster Hunter
  • The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭
    Here is some evidence for you (without insults, because incredibly weak arguments rely on insults.) You can become a top player by playing online only...but only if the net code of the games you play are fairly solid, you have access to a good ISP, and you live in North America or Japan.

A person is not a "stupid motherfucker" for saying someone is an online warrior. On the contrary, they're probably of average intelligence or perhaps even smart. The reasons for this are quite simple...

1. Variable control. There are many factors at work which neither player has control over. For starters, both players are using different monitors 99% of the time. Then you have latency. There are so many uncontrollable aspects with this which are random that words cannot do it justice. Quick examples: you both have different ISPs (does one filter packets? delay. Packet inspection? delay.), you both have tons of different distance factors (cables + geography in particular), I could go on for days with this. And then you have to deal with the fact that you have absolutely no idea how stable your game will be. One of the players will have an undeniable advantage over the other player quite often...that wouldn't be present if you were playing offline.

2. Reactions. Some people already have a genetic advantage here, but you cannot react to some moves with even the slightest frame delays. This gives players automatic advantages that would otherwise not exist. Have bad reactions? Now you have an even bigger disadvantage that you can't do anything about.

3. From #1, you have the stability issue. You have more than one frame of lag, you cannot consistently punish attacks that give you only one frame to do so. Add two frames. Now you can't punish it at all. Three frames? Now you might actually get counter hit for trying to punish that normally unsafe attack. Four frames? Don't even bother playing that person "seriously", because they potentially have huge advantage over you now.

For every player that has become a top player by playing online...there are at least four that have become better players by playing offline. And I bet they level up a hell of a lot faster than the online warrior does. The offline player has to practice punishing a move with 1f. An online warrior has to practice punishing that same move with four different timings.
    "This game is garbage." Why do you play it?
    "Because the other garbage is cold." So you just like garbage.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    *gets online*
    *plays random player with sub par connection*
    *reaction time is slower due to input delay; can't play proper footsies.*
    *drops combos because the timing on links is different*
    *gets punished*
    *gets taunted*

Am I mistaken? Thought I heard some shit about online play meaning something.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    I'm not arguing that online is perfect or that it is better then offline. What I am saying is there are merits to playing online. You can become skilled and get very good at the game from online play alone. Of course you need a good connection. But once you have that it is pretty close to offline. I am on the west coast and I play online w/ green bars and it runs very very well.

M.D. your example is a strawman. You are not presenting the issue fairly. Obviously if I play a bunch of red and orange connections I am going to leave w/ a sour taste in my mouth.

It doesn't matter, I just wanted to say my piece. I always bring this up whenever I hear about a top player playing online a lot. Because online is pretty much all I have and while I am no where near the best player I do consider myself above average. This is mostly due to being able to play a huge variety if people/characters online.
    Monster Hunter
  • gridmangridman Drill Joined: Posts: 3,221
    online is trashy 70% of the time even with green bars.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    M.D. your example is a strawman. You are not presenting the issue fairly. Obviously if I play a bunch of red and orange connections I am going to leave w/ a sour taste in my mouth.

red/orange bars? I won't even play people with yellow bars. I'm talking green bar players with lag spikes and bad input delay. That's my whole point.

There's a difference between saying "online play is helpful in offline play", and saying "online play isn't much different as offline play if you have a solid connection." The difference is still there, and if you've trained your muscle memory to hits links with the right timing, and you play online where the timing has changed, it's not gonna be the same. That's why trying to prove your skill over PSN/XBL is pointless. So many factors affect the gameplay, and they can't be solved with just uber good internet.

It sucks if you don't have any other outlet to play, but that doesn't make the outlet any more valid.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • XgrayninjaXgrayninja Fumbling my way to the top. One loss at a time. Joined: Posts: 1,224
    I think the point Graphf is trying to make is that for players without a strong local scene, doing their best to level up via netplay is a more valid use of their time than acting like big-shots on SRK.
    Gotta be hungry.
  • metallicabandmetallicaband DP & A TELEPORT ?!! Joined: Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭
    So many factors affect the gameplay, and they can't be solved with just uber good internet
    Uber internet connection and structure does solve it, i.e many stated that playing on XBL in Japan feels pretty much like it's an offline session (like AIR IIRC). Many people mistake high downstream/upstream as a standard to whether a connection is good or not, that barely has anything to do with it since SF doesn't need much bandwidth, it's all about latency & stability of the connection.
    "Blanka is scrub." - Tokido
    I think the point Graphf is trying to make is that for players without a strong local scene, doing their best to level up via netplay is a more valid use of their time than acting like big-shots on SRK.
    thank you. Exactly. With that I'm out.
    Monster Hunter
  • OmniCloudOmniCloud Peacemaker Protégé Joined: Posts: 527
    Is there a local SF4 scene in New Jersey? I'm tired of playing online? I have the weird obsession with having a lot of PP, but I keep losing 1 out of 5 or 6 matches, to someone who I guess I'm supposed to beat, and is rapes your PP, basically undoing the previous 5 matches I just won...lol

It almost feels like gambling, I tell myself, ok, I'm gonna stop at 10BP and 4000pp, then I'm done, then I get there, lose it, and go back n forth trying to attain it again, or go even higher. Online is still about ranking/points feeling good about NUMBERS. And I'll admit, I was addicted, I play a lot of super to get 15000BP and 5000PP, and it felt good, and then there was nothing...lol I still had bad matchups, I still lost to Viper, I still sucked (from my perspective anyway)

So where do good players play in Jersey? Oh, and is pad inferior to stick when playings shotos?
    "Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath"
  • triplexraidertriplexraider Fall into darkness! Joined: Posts: 1,052
    Is there a local SF4 scene in New Jersey? I'm tired of playing online? I have the weird obsession with having a lot of PP, but I keep losing 1 out of 5 or 6 matches, to someone who I guess I'm supposed to beat, and is rapes your PP, basically undoing the previous 5 matches I just won...lol

It almost feels like gambling, I tell myself, ok, I'm gonna stop at 10BP and 4000pp, then I'm done, then I get there, lose it, and go back n forth trying to attain it again, or go even higher. Online is still about ranking/points feeling good about NUMBERS. And I'll admit, I was addicted, I play a lot of super to get 15000BP and 5000PP, and it felt good, and then there was nothing...lol I still had bad matchups, I still lost to Viper, I still sucked (from my perspective anyway)

So where do good players play in Jersey? Oh, and is pad inferior to stick when playings shotos?

Have you heard of Local Battles in Fort Lee, NJ? They have tourneys there. http://localbattles.com/
    Manga Therapy - Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)
    PSN: triplexraider
    UMvC3: Haggar/Dormammu/Doctor Doom (UMvC3 Version of Team Watts)
  • MafamaticksMafamaticks Where'd ya life go? Joined: Posts: 690 ✭✭
    Oh, and is pad inferior to stick when playings shotos?

I can tell you this much. I've been playing on pad for years. Just recently made a switch to stick. Since then:

I've hit one frame links consistently offline and 90% online
    All of my motions are clean. I can SRK on reaction. (On pad if I saw a jump and tried the motion I'd get all types of shit that wasn't a SRK.)
    Playing footsies is easier

I'm still not 100% on stick yet, but since I've been on it it's been a whole lot smoother for me
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,906
    Each person is different, I've heard people tell me that they went back to pad after trying stick since they didnt want to spend the time on adjusting all over again, to each their own really, but that would suck having bought a stick and then not using it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Each person is different, I've heard people tell me that they went back to pad after trying stick since they didnt want to spend the time on adjusting all over again, to each their own really, but that would suck having bought a stick and then not using it.

Story of my life

I played pad, got a stick, played on it for a few, said I didn't want to spend time on it, sold the stick, went back to pad, noticed I couldn't do shit when I wanted to do it, got another stick, stuck with it, and here I am.
  • entrerixentrerix legendary buster wolf Joined: Posts: 1,169
    why would anyone even start with a pad? is this what happens when people grow up after the arcades already died? children born in the late 90's?
    mains: Al Rashid, Zarak, Vertigo, MidKnight
    alts: Ragnar Bloodaxe, Korr, Talon, R.A.X.
    why would anyone even start with a pad? is this what happens when people grow up after the arcades already died? children born in the late 90's?

I didn't know any better honestly. didn't get into fighting games till SF II came to Genesis. From there I played any fighting game I could get my hands on pad. Didn't know about the arcade scene till the Daigo parry vid. By then I was content on beating up friends and friends of friends. didn't know I needed to get better until I started getting bodied online in SF4
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,906
    Story of my life

I played pad, got a stick, played on it for a few, said I didn't want to spend time on it, sold the stick, went back to pad, noticed I couldn't do shit when I wanted to do it, got another stick, stuck with it, and here I am.

^ what he said. Older consoles like genesis/super nintendo(for me too) that only had pads...or casuals who refuse to take it srsly enough to drop a bill on a stick.
    That is very interesting how you went back to stick after not wanting it enough to sell it. I guess you adjusted after all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • entrerixentrerix legendary buster wolf Joined: Posts: 1,169
    i mean, i played on the genesis sometimes too, but still, in the day there was a street fighter 2 cab in every grocery store, comic shop, 7-11, and pizza place, so playing on pad was just something you did when you were messing around at home, there was always plenty of opportunity to play on a cab. i hated using a pad
    mains: Al Rashid, Zarak, Vertigo, MidKnight
    alts: Ragnar Bloodaxe, Korr, Talon, R.A.X.
  • OmniCloudOmniCloud Peacemaker Protégé Joined: Posts: 527
    I was like 10 and 11 when SF2 was popular in the arcades, I learned at home on SNES, and when I did go out to movies etc...I got whooped on the arcade sticks when I knew I could beat them on pad. So, now I'm really comfortable with it, and fortunately, I picked a character that doesn't have too many 1 frame links that are vital to his game, so I fare pretty well with Ken, online and off.

I'm actually trying to get into Ryu though, and his links are a bit tighter. c.mp c.mp c.mk. tatsu, c.mp c.mp tatsu, solarplex c.hp srk etc...all feel a little tight on pad and I'm wondering do they come out more fluent once you play on stick. Air just seems like he's playing with a different character, my Ryu is so stiff compared to his. One thing I know is easier on stick though is OS, everything else (even kara) I've adjust pretty well on a DS3.

hmm...maybe I should pick up a charge character like Guile, he's probably easier on pad since his moves aren't complex.
    "Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath"