SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

1727374757678»

Comments

• NybbNybb DOUBLE GERMAN Joined: Posts: 431
    why would anyone even start with a pad? is this what happens when people grow up after the arcades already died? children born in the late 90's?
    Children born in the late 90s? I was born in '90 and arcades were already long dead by the time I was old enough to go to them. My first fighting games were played on the SNES and PS1 pads at friends' houses. I never had a chance to play fighters on an arcade stick until Madcatz started mass-producing them for SF4.
    Live in or near Victoria, BC, Canada? Come join our scene, we have occasional tournaments and mostly-weekly casuals and stuff! Check out our Facebook group, where most of our planning/discussion takes place.
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭
    Children born in the late 90s? I was born in '90 and arcades were already long dead by the time I was old enough to go to them. My first fighting games were played on the SNES and PS1 pads at friends' houses. I never had a chance to play fighters on an arcade stick until Madcatz started mass-producing them for SF4.

Pretty much the same here, except the fact I was born a decade earlier. Let's face it arcades were never that numerous in the US. Didn't help that any arcade sticks made for the older consoles were not really advertised either *I didn't know half of them existed till recently*.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • gridmangridman Drill Joined: Posts: 3,221

i was born in 90 too but the area in which i grew up in had a huge ass arcade / bar / place to watch wrestling/sports events. so i dont know where all these pad people come from :( its too bad that about probably 5 or 6 years ago that arcade got torn down (the whole plaza did actually) and is being replaced by an ikea...which now might not even go there because theres problems with their lease or something.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was born in 80..... :rock:. You could still buy sticks on SNES for SF2. I had one, and used to stick it to the table with the suction cups on the bottom.

I was equally as good on pad as stick, but stick was the weapon of choice. I did have a local Arcade with SF2 Turbo and championship though. I couldn't use pad on SF4 , I have no idea how anyone could make their thumb dash on a pad.....I guess if you used the cross hairs analog.
  • superlollosuperlollo S Tier Joined: Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭
    I was like 10 and 11 when SF2 was popular in the arcades, I learned at home on SNES, and when I did go out to movies etc...I got whooped on the arcade sticks when I knew I could beat them on pad. So, now I'm really comfortable with it, and fortunately, I picked a character that doesn't have too many 1 frame links that are vital to his game, so I fare pretty well with Ken, online and off.

I'm actually trying to get into Ryu though, and his links are a bit tighter. c.mp c.mp c.mk. tatsu, c.mp c.mp tatsu, solarplex c.hp srk etc...all feel a little tight on pad and I'm wondering do they come out more fluent once you play on stick. Air just seems like he's playing with a different character, my Ryu is so stiff compared to his. One thing I know is easier on stick though is OS, everything else (even kara) I've adjust pretty well on a DS3.

hmm...maybe I should pick up a charge character like Guile, he's probably easier on pad since his moves aren't complex.

1) Ryu's links are all easy except sps>c.hp
    2) Air is miles better than you (and me) and that's why his ryu looks completely different, not just because of some (easy) links
    3) If you're serious about this game (and your name isn't wolfkrone or alioune) buy yourself an arcade stick
    Things that should be patched:
    - People that constantly complain that there should be a patch.

by. J.Scogz
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3) If you're serious about this game (and your name isn't wolfkrone or alioune) buy yourself an arcade stick

Alioune plays pad? man, that makes his work even more impressive.
  • superlollosuperlollo S Tier Joined: Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭
    Alioune plays pad? man, that makes his work even more impressive.

If I'm not mistaken (and I don't think I am), he still plays pad most of the times. Definitely impressive considering he's one of the best players in the world.
    Things that should be patched:
    - People that constantly complain that there should be a patch.

by. J.Scogz
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    Playing chargers on pad is way worse than motion controlled chars. I literally couldn't do that at all when I started out. How the heck does one even input Guiles super on Pad reliably?
    Why.
  • GAMEBOYPOCKETGAMEBOYPOCKET Joined: Posts: 2
    For Ryu:
    Does EX Tatsu into metsu still work? I can't seem to pull it off anymore...
    SSF4: AE 2012 || Ryu, Guile

"Thrashing up stunts something uncanny brutal"
  • mowrmowr B-L-A-C-K ✝ S-A-B-B-A-T-H Joined: Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭✭
    Pad hate is strong here. It's pointless. If Alioune, Wolfkrone, Amoco etc. Can do it so can everybody else.

I am fully confident I can beat all your asses enough on pad that you won't think I'm handicapped by it, at least.
    Nothing is good anymore.
  • woodenTEETHwoodenTEETH Electronic Panhandler Joined: Posts: 694
    I am fully confident I can beat all your asses enough on pad that you won't think I'm handicapped by it, at least.

...do you use macros?
    I cannot have fun if I am not winning. I refuse to accept that I am not good enough to win. Start making games designed for me. :arazz:
    Pad hate is strong here. It's pointless. If Alioune, Wolfkrone, Amoco etc. Can do it so can everybody else.

I don't think it's pad hate. IMO pads are the result of gaming becoming a larger home based activity. If you've only ever kicked a ball with your left foot, trying your right would seem pointless. Before SRK was around , people still preffered sticks back in the day. Speak to anyone from the SF2 era and it HAD to be stick. If this was a result of the feel , or if it was more accurate I suppose is debatable.

Although I'm not slating pad players, good pad players are probably even more impressive than good stick players. But I'd still strongly back sticks at being more accurate in every aspect. If not just for the comfort factor.

There's a reason people shell out $200 for a stick.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Once you've established muscle memory for an input device it barely matters at all what that input device is.
  • entrerixentrerix legendary buster wolf Joined: Posts: 1,169
    once you get a nice hard stick in your hand, you will never want to let it go, and will play with it so frequently you will eventually wear it out completely and have to find another stick to get your hands on.

I'm so sorry...
    mains: Al Rashid, Zarak, Vertigo, MidKnight
    alts: Ragnar Bloodaxe, Korr, Talon, R.A.X.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Baton Rouge, Lousiana Joined: Posts: 5,402 mod
    People spend too much time bitching about the controller. I mean I don't give a damn if the person across from me is on pad or stick I am just going to play them just the same.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭✭
    Once you've established muscle memory for an input device it barely matters at all what that input device is.

This but I use a stick because I have been playing fighting games since 1989
    No ones bitching about the controller. People can use what they want to use.

Also
    Once you've established muscle memory for an input device it barely matters at all what that input device is

True, but I could learn to eat rice with chopsticks, that doesn't mean a spoon isn't easier. It doesn't matter the type of input device, but the distance to the goal could be different in terms of learning.

Besides you'll never enjoy the awesomeness of a Tokyo Arcade.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'll agree that it is easier to learn on a stick, particularly if starting out with fighting games for the first time- but we're talking about a difference of a few hours of practice. Not a big deal.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Tiger Legend Joined: Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a local SF4 scene in New Jersey? I'm tired of playing online? I have the weird obsession with having a lot of PP, but I keep losing 1 out of 5 or 6 matches, to someone who I guess I'm supposed to beat, and is rapes your PP, basically undoing the previous 5 matches I just won...lol

It almost feels like gambling, I tell myself, ok, I'm gonna stop at 10BP and 4000pp, then I'm done, then I get there, lose it, and go back n forth trying to attain it again, or go even higher. Online is still about ranking/points feeling good about NUMBERS. And I'll admit, I was addicted, I play a lot of super to get 15000BP and 5000PP, and it felt good, and then there was nothing...lol I still had bad matchups, I still lost to Viper, I still sucked (from my perspective anyway)

So where do good players play in Jersey? Oh, and is pad inferior to stick when playings shotos?

Omni since when do you live in NJ? Where the fuck have i been?
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • mowrmowr B-L-A-C-K ✝ S-A-B-B-A-T-H Joined: Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭✭
    Pad is better at certain things. Directional inputs, especially double inputs like dashes, are much easier. Less travel distance. My thumb sits in the centre of the d-pad and I can change my directional input virtually instantly just by rocking my thumb a teensy bit.
    Nothing is good anymore.
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,906
    I started on stick(SF2 arcade) like lots did, but after adapting to pad on SNES(lots of practice, sucked at first) then playing mortal kombat etc on genesis and snes I adapted and got good enough on it that I eventually preferred pad, smaller like mowr said ....and you dont have a large thing to lug around or have to sit on your lap as you play.

I imagine that can get sweaty after playing a while?o_O

But everyone has their own reasons so what ever works for you, have fun and go with it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • the mossad manthe mossad man EVIL MAKOTO Joined: Posts: 1,467
    wait so what is this thread about again?
    "I call this the lowest common denominator theory"..." you want to do as little as possible necessary to still win. And rather than an embarrassment, this is a major skill."

S.Kill
  • OmniCloudOmniCloud Peacemaker Protégé Joined: Posts: 527
    Omni since when do you live in NJ? Where the fuck have i been?
    since i was born nigga! lol...I've always been in jerz bro...never went to any tourney's though...I just want to play some good players in person tbh, i met this Guile player a while back at the mall named ziggy i think but lost his number, haven't found any friendly *local competition since.
    "Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath"
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Tiger Legend Joined: Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭✭
    My nigga I live in North central jersey. Near Newark. What town you live in?
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    My nigga I live in North central jersey. Near Newark. What town you live in?
    bouncing around atm...but I've been in the Union area for a couple years now...lived in Newark of a South Orange Ave for a long time tho...I like the union area though, I'm back n forth between Roselle and Linden. We gotta game up in person one day bra bra...
  • SlapyouSlapyou Joined: Posts: 84
    Playing chargers on pad is way worse than motion controlled chars. I literally couldn't do that at all when I started out. How the heck does one even input Guiles super on Pad reliably?
    super easy for guiles super.

The only thing that is hard on pad imo is dash ultra esp deejay EX MGU Dash Ultra 2, Chun leg-loop.
    I love all the salt I get on Super Streetfigher 4 when I'm trolling them high pp guy with my second account.
    Dashes in general can be harder on pads, especially if they are loose or "mushy" dpads, you have to slow down your input. Tighter dpads dont have that problem.

Anyway back on topic, Who do you think benefits most from the 2012 buffs coming from AE?
    I don't know...Seth seems really good now, and Ryu...those are my two picks.

I've been playing ken since vanilla, and I'll be honest, I wish just one version he came out on at top 3 for once. Dunno how to buff Ken without breaking him though..maybe give him an easy combo into sweep and better walk speed? He would probably be god-like, but still not Viper/Seth
    In case anyone doesnt have this yet:
    http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/downloads/SSFIV Arcade Edition 2012 Final Change List - US.pdf
    2012 Final Change List PDF
    :pleased:

edit: It doesnt have ALL changes, but its nice to have a doc with most of them collected in one place.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad that change log is confirmed to not have all changes listed. They put in MOST of them but left us to do a witch hunt on others (leaving us to chase the occasional red herring.)
  • ThirtyfourThirtyfour Wait Joined: Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭
    idk if this was posted here so imma go ahead and post because not off topic.

Should I make an uh........ Victory Rose FADC Guide? Some people feel like I didnt explain FADC Rose enough in this tutorial/guide/video/idontknow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvsCnWO9Qw
    SSF4: AE v.2012 Dudley Video Tutorial
  • WakizashisWakizashis Joined: Posts: 21
    Hello all. Is the patch applied to the game, or not?
  • cerberusfxcerberusfx Timekeeper Joined: Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    Hello all. Is the patch applied to the game, or not?
    for console: since december
    for pc: not yet
    Power is nothing without skill
    R.I.P Joshua Colon (sksksksksk222)
    **Oh god images in signatures--not approving at all >_>!**
    9 more days till the bug fix patch for AE 2012 on consoles

????? till AE 2012 on PC

Can't even leave the PC community only ONE patch behind. :|
  • Heavy_MentalHeavy_Mental Swarm like the locust. Buzz like an atom bomb. Joined: Posts: 731
    Supposedly the PC 2012 update is coming late this month though I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to March,
    “In the long run men hit only what they aim for. Therefore though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high." - Henry David Thoreau
  • kazuki20kazuki20 Joined: Posts: 7
    so wait, the new 1.07 patch is to fix the bugs? what bugs were there?
  • HFXHFX out of practice abel Joined: Posts: 4,703
    so wait, the new 1.07 patch is to fix the bugs? what bugs were there?

■変更内容
    ・MAIN MENU内「Xbox LIVE マーケットプレース」の「SSFIV AE ダウンロード コンテンツ」を選択するとフリーズする現象を修正しました。
    ・ボーナスステージ(車破壊)において、進行不可能となる現象を修正しました。
    ・ジュリが特定の相手に対して、近距離立ち中パンチを至近距離でヒットさせたとき、相手をすり抜けてしまう現象を修正しました。
    ・ディージェイが特定の相手に対して、近立ち強キックからスーパーキャンセルにて強ソバットカーニバルを発動したとき、相手をすり抜けてしまう現象を修正しました。
    ・コーディーがサガットに対して、セービングアタックLV3をヒットさせた後、前ダッシュからEXバッドストーンを発動したとき、EXバッドストーンがヒットしない現象を修正しました。
    ・ダッドリーのステップストレートをヒットさせた際の相手側のダメージモーションが、「SSFIV AE」から意図しないかたちに変わっている現象を修正しました。

[hold up im translatin lol]

changes/updates:

1. fixed the freeze problem when you pick "go to xbox live marketplace from the ssf4 main menu"
    2. bonus stage(car), fixed the problem where the player is stuck on the stage after (completin it)
    3. fixed juri's bugs vs certain characters, where when her close st.mp hits at point blank range, the opponent slips through
    4. fixed deejays bug of opponents slippin through in case of close st.hk xx heavy super combo
    5. fixed the case where after cody landing a FA3 vs sagat and did ex bad stone, the bad stone no longer whiffs
    6. not really sure what this means or its significance, but they fixed the damage animation of the player when they got hit by dudley's "step straight" move

sorry i know the translation is kinda bad but i kinda just woke up lol

edit: oh and this is only for the xbox360 version, the arcade version proly fix the player name/bp etc not showing bla bla bla but it doesnt really concern with srk people... as for ps3.... proly same with above minus the xbox live marketplace bug
    Kanagawa/Malaysia - Team FRB Japan 2012 Til Infinity
    Join The French Mercenary Alliance on Facebook
    Supposedly the PC 2012 update is coming late this month though I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to March,
    Yeah I know http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/blog/2012/01/12/super_street_fighter_iv_arcade_edition_pc_to_receive_2012_update
    For all of you who have been waiting patiently for your PC version of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition to receive the 2012 update, we have some news for you. Our development team has been cracking the whip on this project, and are aiming to have the 2012 update ready for you all by the end of February. We will have additional updates in these upcoming weeks. so keep an eye on this space for more info.

I'm not holding my breath though. They haven't even kept the "additional updates" promise. It has been 4 weeks now with no update on the status. The bug fix patch coming out on the 21st for consoles (already somehow out on PSN) was announced on Feb 2nd, nearly 3 weeks before it would go live. PC still doesn't have a firm release date. The only way that they could make good on their promise is if they announce on monday or tuesday that the patch will be out Feb 28th (since that is a tuesday which is when they push out most patches. But even then they wouldn't have been keeping their fans updated on progress so either way they are bullshitting their fans (SOP from Capcom)
    Well they announced it for 28th! I wouldnt be surprised if they beat that date since they said its wrapping up for submittal now.
    Certification usually takes 2 weeks minimum. Capcom might be able to get 1 1/2 given their company size (I know some smaller devs that had to wait well over a month before they got certification for a patch)

It is unlikely they will beat the 28th. Another factor is that gfwl tends to roll out its patches just like stores release new games. They do it on tuesdays. They certainly wont make Feb 21st, so it is Feb 28th or bust.
  • LakercronoLakercrono Joined: Posts: 307
    I would venture to say that reaction time for a SRK (real input, not BS SF4 shortcuts) is a millisecond or so faster on pad than stick, just because the distance traveled is much less on pad. I like stick overall though.

This reminds me of mouse/gamepad debates on FPS forums. I'm an old school Quake player so for me, KB + mouse = win. I hate using a pad for FPS, and I think for FPS, at the highest level, KB + mouse is definitely better than a gamepad (easier for fast movements, yet you can still easily fine tune small movements. Also, try to flick rail someone with a pad...).
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭
    pad for me is waaaay faster and smoother, but the button layout is very problematic. FADCing with a gamepad is very hard, but doing Ultras and DPs on reaction is much easier
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

• Fight123Fight123 Joined: Posts: 206