Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown console thread

1373839404143»

Comments

• AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,025
    GG's on PSN Sarangha, second time i've run into you. I'm the Sarah player.

Is there even a GG/BG thread on this board? We should make one, at least make it look like people are still playing this game (because they are).
  • SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256

Is there even a GG/BG thread on this board? We should make one, at least make it look like people are still playing this game (because they are).
    ggs! Nice Sarah btw.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    I'm going to need to run long sets vs Pai, Sarah and Shun

I feel like I am at a loss facing those characters
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    Pai and Lau make me do the Jackie Chan face in real life.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ggs! Nice Sarah btw.
    You're Akira's nice too, I noticed alot less palms this time around...either way I was getting hit by them all the time before because my defense suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I always forget to fuzzy.
  • shuntsurigishuntsurigi 6 month old gamer Joined: Posts: 181

There is this thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/cynuouss-vf5-fs-honorable-mention.161851/

I still play and have no problem finding matches. My fear is people might stop playing when TTT2 comes in September.
    The piano has been drinking...not me.
    You're Akira's nice too, I noticed alot less palms this time around...either way I was getting hit by them all the time before because my defense suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I always forget to fuzzy.
    Yeah I feel I am relying to much on the palms to a point where it becomes a gimmick, I too need to work on fuzzy but the game is so fun that I get lazy with training mode lol.

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

but the game is so fun that I get lazy with training mode lol.
    Lol exactly!
  • Optimus CackOptimus Cack yes man kablam Joined: Posts: 269
    Yeah I feel I am relying to much on the palms to a point where it becomes a gimmick, I too need to work on fuzzy but the game is so fun that I get lazy with training mode lol.

Single palm is ridiculous. Why wouldn't you use it a lot? Then again you might be referring to double palm/stop sign, which could maybe get you in trouble.

I don't fuzzy guard at all really. I am well aware it's necessary to some degree for high-level play, but it's one of those people see as the ultimate key to winning, that by doing it you should automatically win. Been focusing much more on memorizing and reacting to strings and pressure, since input delay makes things a few frames safer than they really are.
  • soakratessoakrates that's US, dude! Joined: Posts: 355
    VFDC just upgraded to Xenforo. The new site is pretty sick! www.virtuafighter.com
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The patch is available now, at least on PS3. I hope to see more rooms now.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • GodokunodanGodokunodan O.G. VF player Joined: Posts: 16

OPEN SEASON ON SHANG. This is part two of the EPIC war between Me an d SHANG the trout-mouthed punk from Boston. Special cameo by Gunsniper LS.
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 977
    shangs gotta be like 50 by now
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    PSN VF5 is dead.

WHY??

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,397
    Because it never had online play in the first place and is based off Ver.B.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Because it never had online play in the first place and is based off Ver.B.

You do know I'm talking about FS, right?

You do know I'm talking about FS, right?

Aaaaannnddd you were proven wrong today when two people showed up in our lobby. That one Sarah was serious business lol. Nice movement and use of flamingo.

near them, waiting.”

Nostalgia=Drug

• ShinyBrentfordShinyBrentford "The VF Guy" Joined: Posts: 363

Hyping up that VF's Sunday night raw
    "Virtua Fighter: Giving hardcore fighting game fans what they want even if they ignore the fuck out of the series." Reno

MvC3. Its like the Twilight books of fighting games.
    "Virtua Fighter: Giving hardcore fighting game fans what they want even if they ignore the fuck out of the series." Reno

Tricky vs. Evenpit

Blackula vs. Libertine Brad boy match RAW

We Still need more fights so if you want to expose some fraud Sign up on VFDC
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/sunday-night-r-a-w-weekly-online-exhibitions.18353/