Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. - So how long til Full Boost gets a PS3 port?

IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3Joined: Posts: 2,497
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/24/gundam_extreme_vs_ps3/
http://www.imagebam.com/image/db29b4146405296
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b10028146401274

-Port is 70% done
-You can have a custom soundtrack through the BGM Edit Mode
-Has online
-Releases December 1 in Japan

GET HYPE! :rock:

Japanese tier list as of 7/14/2011 (00 Qan[T] and Crossbone X2 not ranked yet)
Spoiler:
*insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
https://twitter.com/lchipoo

Comments

• X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,716
    oh my lord....!
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:X_Sword
    I was uninformed about the greatness of BBBR....
  • thephenomenalonethephenomenalone Joined: Posts: 580
    Be great if it followed the Dragonball game and used GGPO but Its still awesome we got this. I would def travel to EVO next year for this game and KOF 13/Virtua Fighter 5 FS
    Vampire Savior: Demitri, Jedah, Aubath, Victor
    SSF4: Guile, Cody, Dee Jay, Sakura,
    AE: Cody, Yang
    CvS 2:N-Groove-Rugal, Nakoruru, Yamazaki, Rock, Sagat, Kim, Iori, Rolento, Eagle
    Super Turbo: Bison, Guile, Dee Jay, Ryu
    Alpha 2: Guy, Rolento, Gen
    KOF 95: Eiji, Takuma, Kyo
    KOF 98: Yashiro/Mature/Kyo
    Marvel vs Capcom 3: FUCK MARVEL 3
  • ShoutaShouta The Law and Paw Connection Joined: Posts: 255
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,365
    And good to be here!

I'm hoping some how that Epyon (Katoki version or not) will be added to the console port. Friggin loved that suit and Master both in Next Plus.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭
    This is great news and all (I hope it hits 360 also), however, with the console port coming out soon, I wonder if they will release an international version of this game for Arcade (like they did with BlazBlue CS2).

I seriously hope they do, these games are normally best played on Arcade :x
    No more pony fanfics. I stream every day since I have no life. Watch it now, slut!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 873 ✭✭
    awesome news.
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • ULTRAMANULTRAMAN Zack Joined: Posts: 36
    ABOUT TIME! Holy crap man, I was scared that they would pull off something stupid like porting it to psp again or another handheld system like 3DS or Vita. Thank god that didn't happen. Have been dying to play this game, since it's not really possible for arcades in my area to get it. Now, I'm just hoping it that it turns out to be a solid port with a solid netcode *crosses fingers*.
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,497
    Yo, get your piloting skills ready for the 00 Qan[T] Army's onslaught. :rofl:
    This is great news and all (I hope it hits 360 also), however, with the console port coming out soon, I wonder if they will release an international version of this game for Arcade (like they did with BlazBlue CS2).

I seriously hope they do, these games are normally best played on Arcade :x

Not likely. As it stands right now, there's no reason to think this port will come to the West. Pretty much the only reason we get the Gundam Musou games is because Koei pushes for such. Otherwise, Bamco has pretty much given up on Gundam games in the west.

Furthermore, because the arcade version uses a sort of Online DRM that requires connection to Bamco's servers, that's the main reason why nobody has been able to import the game in the year that it's been out.
    Not likely. As it stands right now, there's no reason to think this port will come to the West. Pretty much the only reason we get the Gundam Musou games is because Koei pushes for such. Otherwise, Bamco has pretty much given up on Gundam games in the west.

Furthermore, because the arcade version uses a sort of Online DRM that requires connection to Bamco's servers, that's the main reason why nobody has been able to import the game in the year that it's been out.
    You have to keep in mind that other games that went through the "DRM system" for Arcade, once they hit console they eventually made an international version of those specific titles, allowing those out of country to play (only game comes to mind ATM is BlazBlue CS2, but there has been many other titles that has removed this feature on Arcade once the game lands on console).

However, the purpose behind it was not so much to allow the rest of the world play, but rather, the smaller Arcades in Japan could finally afford to have these games (like the 50 cent only places).

So there is a very high chance that another version of this game will be released without having to the connect to the server to play, but only time will tell.
    No more pony fanfics. I stream every day since I have no life. Watch it now, slut!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
  • mzenkenmzenken The Magical Joined: Posts: 3,462
    Japanese tier lists as of 7/14/2011 (missing 00 Quanta and Crossbone X2, as they were released too recently to grade)

3000 point
    S: Destiny, Strike Freedom > Master
    A: Turn X > 00, Unicorn
    B: V2, Wing Zero Custom, Nu, Turn A, DX

2500 point
    A: Crossbone X1, Zeta, Talgeese III > Cherudim
    B: Sazabi, Full Armor ZZ (Double Zeta), God, Deathscythe
    C: Kshatriya, Qubeley , Sinanju, Infinity Justice

2000 point
    A: Char's Custom Gelgoog > Susanowo
    B: Heavy Arms Custom > Sumo, Dragon, Strike, Delta Plus, Providence, F91, Gunner Zaku Warrior, Hyaku Shiki, Astray Red Frame
    C: Exia, RX-78GP02, RX-78GP01, Forbidden, RX-78-2 Gundam

1000 point
    S: Zaku Custom > Dog (LaGOWE)
    A: Tank (Hildolfr), Gouf Custom
    B: Berga Giros, Qubuley MK-II
    C: Ez8, Alex, Zudah> Gun EZ
    D: Acguy

IIRC, Forbidden was top tier in 2000 class, but pretty much dropped over time.
    <dominos> what 2d isn't real?
    <AlterGenesis-X> my world is over
    <Stabby> "come back when you lose a few dimensions"
    see me on twitter dot com
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,497
    -tier list-
    Thanks for this. Mind if you also post the link source as well? I want to keep important information in the first post.
  • Dreadz18xDreadz18x Long hair dont care Joined: Posts: 525
    Thanks for this. Mind if you also post the link source as well? I want to keep important information in the first post.

Japanese BBS.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/50741/1310174203/900
  • orochi1017orochi1017 Cult of Personality Joined: Posts: 876
    Hype! Next Plus was already amazing, can't wait for some Gundam action in hi-def.
    It's DaiAndOh or just Dai
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best news all week.
    Missing Person - There should be a middle ground. But one side refuses to acknowledge the point that being a gamer, being against misogyny, and being for journalistic professionalism and integrity are NOT mutually exclusive, because to concede that would mean they would have to concede that journalistic integrity should be attained and thus they would have to fess up.
    Best news all week.
    As blasphemous as this sounds, freakin VF got announced this week. At least we expected this to come to console. Eventually.

Hope Blue Frame gets in btw.
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As blasphemous as this sounds, freakin VF got announced this week.
    Look at my avatar.

Of course I'm heavily biased!
    Missing Person - There should be a middle ground. But one side refuses to acknowledge the point that being a gamer, being against misogyny, and being for journalistic professionalism and integrity are NOT mutually exclusive, because to concede that would mean they would have to concede that journalistic integrity should be attained and thus they would have to fess up.
    Predictions for console exclusive MSes?

AGE-1 and Banshee are probable givens. The O will probably make it in due to past history. Personally hoping for Crossbone X3 and possibly the Hambrabi to make it too.
    I'm just praying for Allenby's Nobel Gundam to be added in. :lovin:
    3000 point
    S: Destiny
    I remember hearing stuff about Destiny being banned in certain tournaments due to a glitch that allows the mech to do a full map 1 frame charge shot. Don't have any details on it (or someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I know there was a glitch with that mech and a lot of people debated on what to do about it.

This was early when Vs Extreme first came out, so maybe they fixed it by now.

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    I remember hearing stuff about Destiny being banned in certain tournaments due to a glitch that allows the mech to do a full map 1 frame charge shot. Don't have any details on it (or someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I know there was a glitch with that mech and a lot of people debated on what to do about it.

This was early when Vs Extreme first came out, so maybe they fixed it by now.
    Hahaha any vids? That sounds rediculous. :rofl:
    That glitch got fixed, as I recall.

Part of the reason why Destiny is considered pretty top-tier is that it has a very good short ranged game and can move to mid-long if needed in a match should the team fall into a bad position. In particular, Destiny's boomerangs have been vastly improved and help you to get in much easier than in Next Plus.

Of course, those rankings are based on perceptions of the individual units. This is a 2v2 game so even if you have a Destiny and Strike Freedom team, it's not exactly an overwhelming advantage right off the bat.
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    What kind of control layout does this game have? Is it like Virtual On?
    Price is high as fuck too $109, $ getting crushed by Yen, making importing games way more expensive than a few years ago.
    Hahaha any vids? That sounds rediculous.
    There was a video we saw a long time ago back on niconico of someone doing the glitch in a tournament.
    However, as Shouta, it may have fixed. I've yet to see anyone attempted the glitch.
    What kind of control layout does this game have? Is it like Virtual On?
    Just a simple fight stick will do, it's arcade default standard over there too. They don't use anything special.

A B C
    D - -

A = Rifle (some Gundams may be different)
    B = Melee (some Gundams may be different)
    C = Boost
    D = Change Targets

Hitting combinations of buttons gives you different attacks or lets you use the rest of your arsenal that could be located on the bottom right side of your HUD (ie, hitting A+B, A+C, B+C, or A+B+C).

www.twitch.tv/gumms
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Cool then, I'm sure I'll end up importing it, if nobody publishes it over here.
  • JyushinshuuJyushinshuu Joined: Posts: 126
    so i was told this game only supports 2 players locally, but can do the 1-4 players through netplay... does anyone here have a reason why they can't just do 1-4 players locally? (my only complaint about this)
    You have to keep in mind that other games that went through the "DRM system" for Arcade, once they hit console they eventually made an international version of those specific titles, allowing those out of country to play (only game comes to mind ATM is BlazBlue CS2, but there has been many other titles that has removed this feature on Arcade once the game lands on console).

However, the purpose behind it was not so much to allow the rest of the world play, but rather, the smaller Arcades in Japan could finally afford to have these games (like the 50 cent only places).

So there is a very high chance that another version of this game will be released without having to the connect to the server to play, but only time will tell.

Would it be worth it, though? Even if you strip away the online requirement and take away some of the other frills from the package, Extreme Vs., as a whole, is still one expensive setup. I could imagine that being a hard sell for some of the smaller arcades, especially those that are still running one or both of the older, yet still popular versions (RvZII, GvGNext) that are still doing well.
    so i was told this game only supports 2 players locally, but can do the 1-4 players through netplay... does anyone here have a reason why they can't just do 1-4 players locally? (my only complaint about this)

I bet it's because it'd be difficult for the PS3 to handle rendering the information for all 4 players at the same time and on the same screen. You'd be giving up the quality of the game both in graphics and experience to do that. You can actually see this when they're live streaming matches in the arcade. The 4 player split screen perspective on the monitors is a laggy mess (frame rate drops significantly to render all the info).
  • JyushinshuuJyushinshuu Joined: Posts: 126
    I bet it's because it'd be difficult for the PS3 to handle rendering the information for all 4 players at the same time and on the same screen. You'd be giving up the quality of the game both in graphics and experience to do that. You can actually see this when they're live streaming matches in the arcade. The 4 player split screen perspective on the monitors is a laggy mess (frame rate drops significantly to render all the info).

oh wow i saw this was a problem with the ps2 ones (the gundam seed ones that i played) but i didn't think this would be a problem with the ps3
    Would it be worth it, though? Even if you strip away the online requirement and take away some of the other frills from the package, Extreme Vs., as a whole, is still one expensive setup. I could imagine that being a hard sell for some of the smaller arcades, especially those that are still running one or both of the older, yet still popular versions (RvZII, GvGNext) that are still doing well.
    Well, in that case, you also need to talk about the price.
    When a console announcement is for the Arcade game has been successfully announce, the price on the arcade kit drops dramatically, and more so after the game has been out.

You're seeing drops from the kit being 25k to about 5k once console release is announce.
    So yea, it will be worth it, and exchanging it out for a better Vs Gundam Game is nice to, why not update when you can?

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    With the X1 Full Cloth, chances are the X3 won't get in.
  • BurstZXBurstZX Joined: Posts: 291 ✭✭
    Is this going to be on Xbox 360 as well because I love the gundam series mostly the reason I like yun and yang because they look so similar to the gundam wing characters lol.
    Is this going to be on Xbox 360 as well
    gary-coleman-may-28.jpg

Putting my "asshole-ness" aside, I wouldn't hold my breath, but anything can happen if it brings your hopes up.
  • BurstZXBurstZX Joined: Posts: 291 ✭✭
    dam why is there no good PvP gundam game I think it would sell pretty well but what do i know lolz.
  • BentoBoxDBentoBoxD Joined: Posts: 79
    So glad I don't have to pay money to play this in the arcade anymore, or on my little ass PSP.
    Alrighty, for those of us who were holding a bit longer for the designated Asian version? This is your time!

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-gr9w-71-bp-49-en-84-j-70-4ddf.html

$81.90 USD

If you guys got coupons that you've been keeping saved up for just such an occasion? NOW is definitely the time to start using them! :D
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a fun evo side tourney :D
    Mainly plays:UMvC3,SF4AE,GG+R
    Waiting for...BBCP
    So glad I don't have to pay money to play this in the arcade anymore, or on my little ass PSP.
    I forget where I read, but it was stated that the guy porting it plans to make it to where you have an excuse to still go to the arcade and play this.
    Granted, even if it was arcade perfect port, I would still play it at my arcade if we could get it! However, I wonder what they meant by that?

I know all the ports that ever hit PSP or even PS2, none have been close to arcade perfect, and have been screwed in some way.

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    I'm just gonna import from Amiami.
    I forget where I read, but it was stated that the guy porting it plans to make it to where you have an excuse to still go to the arcade and play this.
    Granted, even if it was arcade perfect port, I would still play it at my arcade if we could get it! However, I wonder what they meant by that?

I know all the ports that ever hit PSP or even PS2, none have been close to arcade perfect, and have been screwed in some way.

In japan we have a card based save system for Gundam Next ( what this game is bases on ) and it allows to unlock specific gundamns etc. Thats the only reason I can imagine him saying that. A for the psp ports, the best one by far is Gundam Next Plus. Its in the PSP Best Series ( greatest hits), i highly suggest checking it out.
    Importing on whatever's cheapest.
    Spoiler:
    But Gendum Extreme Vs. > those
    I'm just being curious, but what would a realistic tournament set up in general be for this game? Would it involve having 4 TVs and PS3s as well as 4 copies of the game as well at the very least if we're assuming that one screen is dedicated to one player only? Talk about a hassle to set up. :wow:
    Does PS3 have LAN support? That's probably the only realistic setup. It would be a pain, but I wouldn't care. It would pretty cool, considering how arcade-esque it is. It would be a hassle to stream, though.
    The Ps3 does have lan support. As for a tournament setup, i can imagine it being a pain; which could hold the game back potentially
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Aw man, no Kämpfer? :(
    Still awesome though, I've been curious about this game. I love that the PS3 is region free so much.
    slay this unaligned ant!

They're likely going to make it a very nice and full port but they consider the real stage to be battling it out at the arcades. So ideally, you pick up the game to practice at home and then go to the arcades for heavy competition. Depending on where you go, that competition is mighty fierce as well.
    I'm just being curious, but what would a realistic tournament set up in general be for this game? Would it involve having 4 TVs and PS3s as well as 4 copies of the game as well at the very least if we're assuming that one screen is dedicated to one player only? Talk about a hassle to set up. :wow:

Ideally? If the tournament is big, then do preliminaries on a two screen setup with each team occupying one TV, assuming the 2 player mode isn't too bad screen-wise. You can double the number of matches that way for when the tourney is big. When you get down to the main tournament you can switch to a 4 TV setup and hopefully they add a monitor function so a 5th PS3 can act like a live monitor so folks can project a match onto a big screen.

As for the matches themselves, typical single rounds are quick. Time limit is often 210 seconds as I recall or at least it was for NP which is 3:30 seconds. Of course most rounds won't go that long so even prelims will be quick as long as folks are ready to go. You can go 2/3 for prelims and it'd still be over in less than 10 minutes at the maximum.
    In japan we have a card based save system for Gundam Next ( what this game is bases on ) and it allows to unlock specific gundamns etc. Thats the only reason I can imagine him saying that. A for the psp ports, the best one by far is Gundam Next Plus. Its in the PSP Best Series ( greatest hits), i highly suggest checking it out.

Next Plus didn't have a card system but EXVS does. You don't unlock specific gundams with it, just your customizations like your HUD, operator, tag, team messages, team name, and favorite MS. Of course, your record as well. If you were forced to have a card to use specific Gundams, people would probably through a fit, heh.
  • ShinginShingin Mega Black Label Joined: Posts: 71
    I've always been a big fan of gundam vs games. I hope this has decent lan support as there is some stuff in the future i'd like to do with it.
    Producer - Level|up - http://www.youtube.com/user/levelupseries - http://www.levelup-series.com/
    Interested in getting your game recorded or streamed contact me.
    So I spent a little time with my brother watching some Providence match videos.

Holy hell, that thing looks fun to play. I've never been much of a zoning guy, but an MS specialized in funnel/DRAGOON (for the record, fuck Seed) zoning seems to look fun, with lots of setups to hit melee or rifle shots. Char Gelgoog looks pretty cool, with some great melee, good range, and a pretty good Elmeth assist.

Oh fuck it, basically everyone in 2000 class looks awesome.
  • JazzJazz Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 3,085
    good times
    I think some ppl should join the madden community