Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. - So how long til Full Boost gets a PS3 port?

Comments

• PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Please have an international arcade release for this game!! :(
    No more pony fanfics. I stream every day since I have no life. Watch it now, slut!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
  • HonkieHonkie Cracka Joined: Posts: 37
    I always found that rumour weird. Looking at the wiki link a few posts up the only thing they say is it could be paid DLC later.

Said wiki link is glorious by the way, thanks.

Well 3rd strike online had an unlock code for gill if you preordered the game. Everything i've seen from neogaf and the exvs forum seem to point to it being an early unlock and not a dlc suit.

Be kinda weird if they treated hi-nu so much differently then the other dlc suits, putting it in the strategy guide and letting people get it for free.
    Zing.
  • DeltaKyakuDeltaKyaku terribad Joined: Posts: 704
    Everything I've seen in Japanese refers to it as a first release DLC suit, period. ja.wikipedia has the same diamond beside it as Freedom, Arche, The O, and Gottralan, and all the articles speak of it in terms of "if you want Hi-Nu, you should pre-order".

Unlocking it sounds like wishful thinking.
    Everything I've seen in Japanese refers to it as a first release DLC suit, period. ja.wikipedia has the same diamond beside it as Freedom, Arche, The O, and Gottralan, and all the articles speak of it in terms of "if you want Hi-Nu, you should pre-order".

Unlocking it sounds like wishful thinking.

Well then I don't understand why i've read so many people saying it was an unlock. :[

Wish I could read Japanese. >_>
    Zing.
    I'm more fluent in google translate gibberish than Japanese, frankly.

I'm guessing it's an expectation that because Hi-Nu will be added to the arcade version and because this is an tournament arcade game port they wouldn't lock people out of being able to get Hi-Nu. Making it paid DLC eventually seems to cover that fine from the standpoint of most publishers though.
  • JazzJazz Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 3,085
    ill place my order soon...this game looks too good...gotta prep for when i go to japan
    I think some ppl should join the madden community
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/301731776

North America Gundam League
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where to find this game for the cheapest price? I've heard the Asian version is cheaper than the Japanese version.
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭
    So I was looking at the archive of the SCR test stream and apparently this game is out. Also it's like $100 to import?
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 7,608 ✭✭✭✭
    More like just that are Gundam League.

There's other scenes in America that are not bad.
    The people in the stream have a long way to go :x
    No more pony fanfics. I stream every day since I have no life. Watch it now, slut!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    So I was looking at the archive of the SCR test stream and apparently this game is out. Also it's like $100 to import?
    Sadly that is a pretty accurate number. Minimally 2500 yen, likely 4000 yen of DLC if they only release one of the silhouetted units per month with a surprise one like for December in the pipe already too. Speaking of which
    http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/download.html

It's weird at the moment, because I understand the FvsZ/AvsT/GvsZ parts of the system, and the Virtual On elements added by putting in boost dashes, but the way they link together is something else. The amount of times I get trolled hard by looking for the end of a dash only for them to float away with jump inertia or get absolutely molested by melee because I'm not ready to sidestep is pretty crazy.
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 229
    I like the game alot more than I thought I would. If you're a gundam fan, you need to buy this game.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,494
    Sadly that is a pretty accurate number. Minimally 2500 yen, likely 4000 yen of DLC if they only release one of the silhouetted units per month with a surprise one like for December in the pipe already too. Speaking of which
    http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/download.html

It's weird at the moment, because I understand the FvsZ/AvsT/GvsZ parts of the system, and the Virtual On elements added by putting in boost dashes, but the way they link together is something else. The amount of times I get trolled hard by looking for the end of a dash only for them to float away with jump inertia or get absolutely molested by melee because I'm not ready to sidestep is pretty crazy.
    Holy crap! Ali Al Saachez! :rock:

But that $100+ (if you include DLC) is really making my wallet weep. :sad:
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • ShoutaShouta The Law and Paw Connection Joined: Posts: 255
    For folks wondering about the netcode, it's absolutely amazing for this game. Game is pretty playable even with red bars i.e. really far/laggy. It's not quite the same as being closer but it's more than enough.

Anyway, thanks to a long session, I have a ratio closer to 300/500 now.
    Tried the online today. The game netcode is very good. Was in a room of people from the US and Japan. Played very well.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • DominoLogicDominoLogic just average Joined: Posts: 1,666
    finally got my copy!

how do i play this
    [Help!] (´・ω・`)
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,144
    Since theres no Nightingale I don't mind missing out on this one.
    Umvc3: Magnus, DS, Dante /Dormammu, DS, Magnus
    SF4:M.Bison
  • MaxSonicMaxSonic Heaven Or Hell Joined: Posts: 125
    Ok, so interesting question. Capcom made this game... or something. All the machines and such, the previous entries in the series and such, they list Capcom on it. But thier name appears and dissapears in different itterations. The arcade original (Federation VS Zeon) had it, but the Dreamcast version doesn't mention it at all except on the back of the case it has a tiny Capcom logo. It doesn't even mention it in the credits. The PS2 version of that game had Capcom in the opening movie and that was it. This game, even though I've seen trailers and info with the words Capcom on them, the game is missing it completly. The game is way above Bandai's quality standards, so I'm imagining Capcom did most of the work, but gets no credit on the home version? Any info on this guys?
    Mr. Mamation...

I don't like BB because Ratchel doesn't give me a hard on like May does.
    Whoa, wait, what?
    Ok, so interesting question. Capcom made this game... or something. All the machines and such, the previous entries in the series and such, they list Capcom on it. But thier name appears and dissapears in different itterations. The arcade original (Federation VS Zeon) had it, but the Dreamcast version doesn't mention it at all except on the back of the case it has a tiny Capcom logo. It doesn't even mention it in the credits. The PS2 version of that game had Capcom in the opening movie and that was it. This game, even though I've seen trailers and info with the words Capcom on them, the game is missing it completly. The game is way above Bandai's quality standards, so I'm imagining Capcom did most of the work, but gets no credit on the home version? Any info on this guys?

This game in particular wasn't developed by capcom, it was made by an in house dev team with some ex-capcom employees in it.
    Zing.
  • mzenkenmzenken The Magical Joined: Posts: 3,462
    Since theres no Nightingale I don't mind missing out on this one.

Heh, then I guess you're never going to play a Gundam game. I can't name any Gundam games with Nightingale aside from the G Generation games, and Super Robot Wars Alpha 2.
    <dominos> what 2d isn't real?
    <AlterGenesis-X> my world is over
    <Stabby> "come back when you lose a few dimensions"
    see me on twitter dot com
    Heh, then I guess you're never going to play a Gundam game. I can't name any Gundam games with Nightingale aside from the G Generation games, and Super Robot Wars Alpha 2.
    I play them games with out Nightingale in it, it just Im not going to go out of my way to cop for this one for a number of reasons, I mentioned Nightingale simply because.....there Hi Nu, but no arch nemesis in Nightingale?

Dats some bull fam, but if the game drops in the states i will cope it.
    I play them games with out Nightingale in it, it just Im not going to go out of my way to cop for this one for a number of reasons, I mentioned Nightingale simply because.....there Hi Nu, but no arch nemesis in Nightingale?

Dats some bull fam, but if the game drops in the states i will cope it.

Hi-Nu is popular, Nightingale is too but Bandai/Sunrise/Bamco/Banpresto just don't like it. Really weird.
    Hi-Nu is popular, Nightingale is too but Bandai/Sunrise/Bamco/Banpresto just don't like it. Really weird.

Yeah this seems to be the case.
    The Capcom name seemed to appear and disappear because it was a Capcom arcade team doing the original game but then Bandai being responsible for the upgrades and ports, as far as I can tell. I had forgotten they actually formed a dedicated team this time.
    im liking sazabi, tallgeese 3, and master gundam. i wish sazabi had a super though

i wish i could play kshatriya but....i can feel the difference between it and the other 2500 suits :( maybe when im better at the game ill give it another shot

whats the best use for xfactor? so far the only stuff i use it for is to tack on supers to the end of "combos" like gun > mash melee > xfc > super or if my suit doesnt have a super i just xfactor and mash my strongest attack.
    [Help!] (´・ω・`)
    I don't think EX Burst adds enough knockdown limit for that to typically be useful. It would maximize damage in some cases though.

What it does is well, basically burst (cancel out of hitstun), refill your boost gauge, refill most weapons (one time use can go either way, some refill some don't), increase your speed, increase your damage, reduce damage taken, reduce boost usage, increase weapon refill rate, and give you a slightly higher number of hits before forcing a knockdown generally. Trans-Am (big speed boost), G Gundam Hyper Mode (big damage boost), and one or two other MS' act a bit differently and a lot of them get another attack besides their EX Burst attack, like the melee extension on Susanoo.

So say on Gunner ZAKU Warrior, your call Rey usages are really limited on the first life, but on the second life you can spam them pretty hard, then when you run out boost in really hard without worrying about gauge usage and activate EX Burst to get a new set and a full bar to keep you from having to land. Or if you're getting totally screwed by a combo you can typically burst out, although escaping isn't entirely guaranteed
  • MaxSonicMaxSonic Heaven Or Hell Joined: Posts: 125
    Nu has a MG, HG, and Heavy weapon HG, and Hi-Nu has two different HG kits and a MG. Nightingale doesn't have any official kits, the closest thing is a SD Sazabi that has armor that makes it look like Nightingale. Obviously, Hi-Nu seems fairly popular. I'm actually making my own HG Nightingale kitbash, but it's still not a hugely popular suit.
    Mr. Mamation...

I don't like BB because Ratchel doesn't give me a hard on like May does.
    Whoa, wait, what?
    Heh, speaking of Gunpla, my HG Nu HWS is coming in soon (and its my first Gunpla! yay).

And I think Nightingale is getting its own SD kit soon.
    Nu has a MG, HG, and Heavy weapon HG, and Hi-Nu has two different HG kits and a MG. Nightingale doesn't have any official kits, the closest thing is a SD Sazabi that has armor that makes it look like Nightingale. Obviously, Hi-Nu seems fairly popular. I'm actually making my own HG Nightingale kitbash, but it's still not a hugely popular suit.

Tell that to all the Custom made Nightingale models.
    So what IS everyone's PSN IDs? Me and dominos played a bit earlier, but it was just me + CPU vs him + CPU.

PSN: HideyoshiGender
    played a bunch of online matches today.

im really trying to have fun with the game, but it's not happening

the controls seem horribly unresponsive, like sometimes ill press the button for subweapon or something and...nothing comes out so i press it again and get a dash because the first input actually did register for some reason. or i'll try to cancel a dash and....nothing happens so i keep floating and lose all my boost meter. it goes on and on. it's like im fighting with the game to recognize my inputs.

i feel like im missing something important because i was able to pick up VOOT really easily on the pad, but this game it's like ugh....

i like the game, but i hate the controls
    [Help!] (´・ω・`)
    The annoying thing on pad is boost dash is like the highest priority input in the game, and the shoulder triggers are assigned to the macros that include the jump button (I could change this but I've played GvsZ like that so long and it just makes sense). As everyone knows said triggers are finicky buggers to it's easy to register two inputs, be unsure you got the press, mistime the press because of the deadzone, and all sorts of other stuff.

Minor not entirely new control oddities are having to release any directions to jump out of a dash (this came up with air dashes in GvsZ, since there was only step on the ground and dash/transform in the air back then). The odd one coming from VO is that to change directions during a dash you had to go to neutral in VO but you have to move from the direction in this, although curving a boost dash is not all that important.
    cant wait for my copy to arrive...i plan on going in so i can compete at Arcade UFO and eventually Japan next year
  • Dr ButlerDr Butler Butler Doctor Joined: Posts: 183
    This is the first Ive heard of this. Is it a fighter, because that control scheme makes it sound more like Virtua-ON.
    Check out our webseries, Riffed to Shreds. I guarantee you'll love it.
    This is the first Ive heard of this. Is it a fighter, because that control scheme makes it sound more like Virtua-ON.

If you had to put it in a genre, i'd pick fighter, namco bandai made up some genre to call it, team battle something something.
    Zing.
  • DizmaulDizmaul Joined: Posts: 35
    Just got the game and am loving it. Its a little overwhelming at first because there are so many awesome Gundam's I don't know who to choose. I played a couple online games and there was zero lag. I couldn't believe it maybe it was a freak thing hah.
    If VOOT is ST, then Extreme Vs. is...some sort of air dash fighter I guess.

One of the odd things about this particular version is they got rid of a ton of grounded stuff. Pretty much everything but projectile attacks that can be done while moving put you into an airborne state and uses the same animation now.. That means among other things typically higher boost consumption.
  • KamigKamig BERSERKER FUCKING SLASH! Joined: Posts: 108
    I finally got the game on Friday. If you guys want to play with this scrub, then add me on PSN: KamigSRK
    Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining.
    "One button, one million overheads!" - Ngamer3k on Yatterman 2
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut ナオトケン Joined: Posts: 1,404
    I have been looking at this game since it's PS3's release and I can't wait to play it at San Mateo GameCenter!
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I'm such ass at this. What is a good button config for a TE stick? I'm just not feeling it on pad, which is odd considering that I'm all about pad play for VOOT.

PSN: Cryoh
    NickRocks: Magneto...fuck magneto sellout pussy whiteknight puts himself on a team with all girls. Like that boy on the cheerleadin squad, hanging out with mad girls but sleeping with none.
  • orochi1017orochi1017 Cult of Personality Joined: Posts: 874
    When you go to button config, go right until you get some japanese text ending with a number 1. That's the default arcade config.

ABC
    D

(shooting/melee/boost
    search)
    It's DaiAndOh or just Dai
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
    PSN Cub1a

Holla at me yall i been going in on this game
  • ShoutaShouta The Law and Paw Connection Joined: Posts: 255
    Next set of DLC units are out, Katejina in the Gottolartan and Sirocco in The O. Both are pretty damn good units. Kate's unit is a ranged on with a lot of freaking beam spam. Very good damage and fast recharge but she has very low life and can be somewhat accident prone for a 2500 unit. The O is a general-purpose unit leaning on melee kind of like Infinite Justice, pretty nimble and solid damage.

The next set of units have also been announced in Famitsu, Freedom and Zeong.

Freedom and the Zeong look very fun. I'm most hyped for this DLC.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭
    Does this game have offline multiplayer?
    Slow and steady wins the race
    Seems like alot of fullboost suits are being added, hope that means they'll add the gyan. :>

Finally got the game if anyone wants to play. PSN: Tacticai-Buddha

Does this game have offline multiplayer?

It has 2 player split screen, but sadly no lan.
    Zing.
  • donkey showdonkey show Dat Gundam Joined: Posts: 3
    I've uploaded a ton of random gameplay vids of ranked and player matches I've had. Lots of Double X, Crossbone X-1, Blue Frame, and Gunner Zaku if you wanna check it out.

BTW, Hi-Nu is available for free download when the Freedom and Zeong DLC comes out. So if you haven't picked it up yet, there you go!
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,494
    Whoa whoa whoa. No LAN whatsoever? Now I'm curious how offline tournaments will work then.
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • donkey showdonkey show Dat Gundam Joined: Posts: 3
    Whoa whoa whoa. No LAN whatsoever? Now I'm curious how offline tournaments will work then.
    The way people have been doing it is by getting hubs, hooking them up to whatever internet they have at the current location and doing player matches via PSN. It works rather well and gamecenter in San Mateo recently had a tourney there with that setup.

NorCal Install last weekend streamed that EXVS tourney. You can see it here from the 55 minute mark and runs just fine: http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/304852222

TorontoTopTiers does the same type of setup at whatever arcade they do their tournaments at as well.
    I hope to see a station for this at evo 2012...

in the meantime does anyone have a faq on how to get the dlc suits? is it as simple (or complex) as making a jp psn account, getting the points, then finding them in jp psn store?