The 3rd Strike Online Edition Video Thread

SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3SJoined: Posts: 3,453
Here's where you all should post the YouTube videos of your matches. Yes, it's a fantastic feature to have in 3SOE, but it's not fantastic to spam a thread that has formerly held videos of great skill from all over the world.

Get ta poastin. Also, if you wish to have feedback on your play let us know and I'm sure someone kind and knowledgeable will critique your video. Ready, set, LEARN
Post edited by d3v on
PSN: SGsrk
SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69

Comments

• WarlikeWarlike 元最強です。 Joined: Posts: 2,117
    My first replay I felt comfortable in saving. I have never played 3s before in my life and bought this edition yesterday, trained like a madman with the trials, watched Oro videos of japanese players, and got raped in online matches. However I think I did pretty well in this vid, I can't believe I managed to do a chickenleg juggle into ex rocks in the last round, made me feel hype! =)

Criticism is ofcourse welcome, but keep in mind I barely started playing.
    PSN: indico
    SF4AE: Gen | SF3OE: Akuma
  • Smoove187Smoove187 ghost Joined: Posts: 835
    best one i found yet.

• ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    For Warlike-

When you learn the unblockable (and SAII in general) you'll want SAII for this match.

Also you want to get out of the habit of just walking up and trying the chicken combo. When that gets blocked by a mediocre+ player you will get punished hard. Instead you can do close MP (2 hits), and if it isn't blocked, walk up mp (1 hit) SJC (super jump cancel) to jump HK. That is one option- you can also follow up the 2 hit MP with standing HK, or MP uppercut, or go for a reset etc etc.

Once you are able to do it you can follow the mp 2 hit with walk up mp (1 hit) and cancel to super.

It's a nice start though, you've already realized you need to actually be mobile instead of trying to play him like Guile.
  • skatestar178skatestar178 beast coast Joined: Posts: 107
    how do you upload a vid to youtube? I'm on xbox, i pressed upload to youtube, but it didnt specify where it was uploaded.
    UMvC3: Soul searching. SSF4: Akuma. Super turbo: ken. 3rd strike: Dudley.
  • Drizzle BubbleDrizzle Bubble FADC TAUNT Joined: Posts: 492
    My first replay I felt comfortable in saving. I have never played 3s before in my life and bought this edition yesterday, trained like a madman with the trials, watched Oro videos of japanese players, and got raped in online matches. However I think I did pretty well in this vid, I can't believe I managed to do a chickenleg juggle into ex rocks in the last round, made me feel hype! =)

Criticism is ofcourse welcome, but keep in mind I barely started playing.
    The juggle at the end of that was sick. Nice one.
    SKULLGUUURRLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - PARASOUL, FILIAAAA
  • Fadedsun303Fadedsun303 Joined: Posts: 1,055
    I've never posted a video of myself playing, but here goes nothing. Any help is welcome! I'm the Makoto player.

Here's another of me vs. a Remy.

• Drizzle BubbleDrizzle Bubble FADC TAUNT Joined: Posts: 492
    I've never posted a video of myself playing, but here goes nothing. Any help is welcome! I'm the Makoto player.

Wow, real aggressive style. I like it.
    SKULLGUUURRLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - PARASOUL, FILIAAAA
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,711
    best one i found yet.

funny video but more important why does yours look 20x better than every other upload? did you capture that yourself?
    Play more.
    funny video but more important why does yours look 20x better than every other upload? did you capture that yourself?

yeah, i use the Hauppauge to capture em.
  • todtod Joined: Posts: 216
    I just want to share this because it was my very first match (on OE.) And it was EXACTLY what I expected OE to be when I started playing online. Me = Hugo.
    CFN: todoro | Fightcade: todoro | Steam: intelligentjerk | YouTube | Twitch.tv
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Good blocking in the first round. Just look at how many delicious whiffed srks you can earn.

Now get to training and learn how to punish those hard. You can do HP clap, LP clap, SAIII, or end that with ex clothesline, MP, or crouch MK if you don't have the meter. Or HP SPD. Or pretty much anything.

Also that whiffed clap in round one was nice, next time input an SPD after that. Not every time, but you'll catch people that you've scared into blocking often.

Finally- Hugo's taunt increases his defense, and it stacks. If someone is being a dickhead that wants to throw fireballs from the other side of the screen, treat them to a powered up Hugo.
    Heh. I know. I had only been playing Hugo for a couple days. Plus playing on OE felt wonky so punishing was off. I was also not used to the startup time on claps for wakeups but getting there. Well, sort of... playing Oro again atm... anyways thanks for the comments.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,897 mod
    snip

Main thing I could say immediately is don't worry so much about parrying down EX fireballs that are thrown from a range. You don't really get much benefit from parrying them other than some slight meter build (ex fireballs don't really do much chip either) and if you screw up the parry you get knocked down. If the Ken was better he could have ended up applying some nasty pressure afterwards. Only go for parry on EX fireballs when you're running low on health. Otherwise keep it simple and just block.

EX fireballs done closer to you you can get a lot of benefits from after a parry/red parry but if they're just at a distance going for standard EX fireball zone just block it down.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• DaemoN_DaemoN_ Joined: Posts: 408

I'm the makoto player I need some tips Im really bad at this game.
  • EcKo Zero CoolEcKo Zero Cool lolz Joined: Posts: 802
    heres a video of my day 1 urein :)

These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a Harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face.
    These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face.
    LOL.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,897 mod
    heres a video of my day 1 urein :)

Definitely saw you miss some punish opportunities off blocked sweeps. Your sweep should be able to punish a shoto sweep unless I'm mistaken. If not then tackle (as long as you have charge) can lead to a big punish also. Use some more of your normals like s.HP, s.MK and c.MK to disrupt the shoto low pokes.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• CampeaoCampeao Joined: Posts: 3
    My first uploded video: I´m the Player 2 Urien xD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JgXaH2spP4U

In the second round, the parry in the corner, was a four parry, but the quality upload, wasn´t good enough to see =/

• EcKo Zero CoolEcKo Zero Cool lolz Joined: Posts: 802
    Definitely saw you miss some punish opportunities off blocked sweeps. Your sweep should be able to punish a shoto sweep unless I'm mistaken. If not then tackle (as long as you have charge) can lead to a big punish also. Use some more of your normals like s.HP, s.MK and c.MK to disrupt the shoto low pokes.

thanks, but when i play online i get abit nervous and i forget to do certain things, i have trouble with ureins normals anwway.
    also against some ryus the tackle couldnt punish the sweep :( i want to work on normals more :)
    These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a Harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face.
    These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face.
  • SoulaD3micsSoulaD3mics Joined: Posts: 10
    heres my ranked gameplay as Ryu

• TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,711

The other guy probably quit after that and uninstalled the game. I'm waiting for the post about Makoto SA2 now.

oh wait that already happened a month ago.

In the second round, the parry in the corner, was a four parry, but the quality upload, isnt good enough to see =/

Not sure what you mean. If an attack of some kind hits within x frames(i forget how many) of a parry that attack is also parried as part of one parry attempt. That's what happened there.
    Play more.
  • makiatomakiato Joined: Posts: 33
    I'm a casual player and new to 3S. I'm also learning how to use an arcade stick so it's not second nature to me yet. I know my execution needs to be better. If you have any other obvious things, note listed, and that I should or should not be doing, let me know or send me a message!
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,643
    I'm a casual player and new to 3S. I'm also learning how to use an arcade stick so it's not second nature to me yet. Here's my Makoto adventures so far.

Playnotes are listed in the video if you wanted to read my thoughts on the match.
    I know my execution needs to be better. I think I played the first few rounds 'just okay'. If you have any other obvious things I should or should not be doing, let me know or send me a message!

Avoid using the upward momentum non-ex axe kick unless you're reacting to their jump, if it misses it is a free punish
    Add me on steam for ye olde Dota 2 - Tweleve3s (hookers and blow)
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

lol good shit, I always have trouble comboing her fierce into that super.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    I'm actually going to start a youtube series called "Sean sucks". I'll be posting nothing be me destroying people with Sean. I have two videos up right now.
    I know my Sean in the 2nd video is kinda shitty but there was a lot of lag cause I was playing a friend on the east coast (I live in Seattle) so I was doing a lot of random shit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StuartHayden?feature=mhee
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
  • Slick VicSlick Vic PSN: RogueFlynn Joined: Posts: 769
    Me and friend going at it.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller 8-)
  • PorterPorter Upstart Joined: Posts: 1,557
    Scrubby Makoto scrubbing it up.

Stylish!
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i've always felt fraaay in this game

Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• Nemesys_SyndromeNemesys_Syndrome What the?! Where?! Joined: Posts: 2,412
    Best 2 out of 3 with our stream channel's 3SO Mod Squall's Ken vs ShinStumpy's Urien. Matches were streamed live. They looked so good that I had to upload and share this with you guys here.

• ZarukaZaruka the Fool Joined: Posts: 856

just my scrubby ken. I have to get better at hit conforming the mk into super. the Q did not punish me, but i know better players will.
    also got to stop using sweep a lot since it is very punishable in this game by block or parry.

watching C-Royd uoh video help me a lot. I have to watch more of them tonight.

plus screw Microsoft not letting me upload to my own account. had to use a YouTube downloader to get my replays on my channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarukaFu?feature=mhee my youtube account for all your scrub viewing needs. now you can watch me live with http://www.twitch.tv/zaruka.
  • hubcapsignstophubcapsignstop my structure is so dirty Joined: Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    testing, testing, 1, 2, 3....
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sf3onlineedition#p/search/0/_Q6O6aw4qv8
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sf3onlineedition#p/search/1/Q2Ldx_hH8CU
    ...twelve spammin
    opponents def not that good

how do you guys embed the videos like that?

upload seems to take like a day
    pretty neat though, i hope they do this in future games
    megaprops to toyrobotterror for avatar gullysh*t
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,407
    plus screw Microsoft not letting me upload to my own account. had to use a YouTube downloader to get my replays on my channel.
    Entirely Capcom's fault. Has nothing to do with Microsoft. Microsoft has no issues with allowing you to upload to your own channel. Black Ops has this functionality.

Me being terrible at this game. D: I had no idea what to do against this guy. Japanese Twelve player.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    I added 3 new episodes to my Sean sucks series. I'll try to add a few more tonight or tomorrow.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
  • ZarukaZaruka the Fool Joined: Posts: 856
    Entirely Capcom's fault. Has nothing to do with Microsoft. Microsoft has no issues with allowing you to upload to your own channel. Black Ops has this functionality.

Me being terrible at this game. D: I had no idea what to do against this guy. Japanese Twelve player.

well if that true that retarded. never play fps games on consoles and never brought a cod since 4 and world at war.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarukaFu?feature=mhee my youtube account for all your scrub viewing needs. now you can watch me live with http://www.twitch.tv/zaruka.

Ran over another Twelve, only this one was worse. Also, I'm using a Youtube downloader to put my matches on MY channel until Capcom pulls their heads out of their asses.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
  • SoulaD3micsSoulaD3mics Joined: Posts: 10
    heres a awsome ranked match with me using Ryu again
  • skemar007skemar007 Joined: Posts: 302

With Back ops it uploads to the activation server if i remember correctly then on the sit you upload to youtube?

i don't think MS have a deal with Youtube to allow uploads to your account
    With Back ops it uploads to the activation server if i remember correctly then on the sit you upload to youtube?

i don't think MS have a deal with Youtube to allow uploads to your account

There are a lot of these tutorials out there, but I just went with the shortest one.
    anyone know any YouTube channels on 3SOE (Japanese/Asian) for the 360? figured there would be at least someone recording some their matches on that system.