The 3rd Strike Online Edition Video Thread

Comments

• aznctguy00aznctguy00 Chai Tea Joined: Posts: 175
    edited July 2013
    Did not know that my matches were being recorded/commented on. Thanks to Dkhai for finding this and telling me. His reactions are pretty funny lol.

My yun @ 2:22
    My akuma @ 21:20

http://youtu.be/07P_yCPPwKs?t=2m22s
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,937
    KKZ is "one hit
    neutral state
    completely easy to parry at that distance"

That is more offensive than suddenly all his weird accents!
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039

can someone explain to me how this color thing happens

should we blame the color packs?
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,937
    Yeah, that's what it is. Since both players can pick a Fierce on their respective regular and purchased color pack sets. Freaked me out too when I saw replays with those. SNES SF2:World Warrior Capcom code for mirror matches in that version, never forget!

it reminded me of that video Deemo put up about "OE ranked in a nutshell." purple Kens and those sweeps. these guys like tatsu more though I think.

"Fullscreen Denjin'd to death" & connection good, guess I really like meaty whiff-> throw.

Aegis parry out, but on pad and vs up fireball only plan guy. I would have jumped into those before!

(YSB) Hammer Mountain.

• sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That was the most beautiful hammer ive seen in my life...plus it was sooooo far...lol
    im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Guess who jumped online?

STOMP!
  • HarmoNazHarmoNaz SBO5 Team UK Joined: Posts: 1,396
    ufcgym is alive. Played him a few days ago. Scrub taunts as well :) Obviously a big mistake against me...

Anyone want me to upload the replays?
    SF4 = scrub fighter 4, jab fighter 4, turtle fighter 4, mash fighter 4, down back fighter 4, shite fucker 4. To think a SUPER version is on its way... :crybaby: EDIT - Stop living in a cave - ULTRA version on the way. EDIT - Its dying. 3s standing strong(er)
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    Why is taunting you a bad thing?
    8tROOXi.png
    If you taunt mid game, its cool. Post KO - you're a c**t and will get raped like one.
    SF4 = scrub fighter 4, jab fighter 4, turtle fighter 4, mash fighter 4, down back fighter 4, shite fucker 4. To think a SUPER version is on its way... :crybaby: EDIT - Stop living in a cave - ULTRA version on the way. EDIT - Its dying. 3s standing strong(er)
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    edited July 2013
    I wasn't asking what happens, silly-billy. I mean, what do you do if someone taunts you that you weren't already doing? Like, what if some dude is like way-outplaying you and then taunts you after a knockdown. What exactly do you change? It's not like you can just toss your weight around mid-match.
    Post edited by Dander on
    8tROOXi.png
    edited July 2013
    Oh sorry didnt get you.

You know... trying to answer that question has made me realise a lot of things about my gameplay. I'm glad you asked :) I think my gameplay will improve just that little bit after today.

Normally I play in an offensive manner i.e. I tend to make the first move or attempt to close the distance first. I find it more enjoyable that way. I then try and read the opponent based on how they react to my decisions. Now if I'm playing online i.e. I'm just having fun and couldnt care less about who wins or loses, I'll probably try and bait the opponent into doing something that will enable me to pull off a sweet combo or something. For example if I can bait someone into trying to hit me out of the air with an air attack, I can proceed to triple tatsu them. I'd much rather do that than get a boring win. Unfortunately this doesnt work out in my favour majority of the time when I play online. Either I time my parries or my moves slightly too early or late and just end up losing.

Now if someone has taunted and I've decided to rape them, I play more defensively. The end result of that 'defensive' style appears to be that I end up learning a lot more about how they play. That in turn just makes it much easier to win. Combined with my experience of online lag tactics and general BS that works, its usually a sure win for me. Simple example against ufcgym - after he taunted and I went on the defensive, I realised how he loved doing delayed low RH with Dudley after a jump in. Before the taunt I didn't know that because I never even gave him a chance to jump in (or he didnt need to because I was always in his face taking silly risks).

Offline its much more simple. If I'm playing a weaker player, I will still show them respect and take the win in a 'respectful' manner. If they taunt, respect goes out the window and I'll try to beat them in a humiliating manner e.g. parry into demon. If they're a stronger player... well I've never been taunted by a stronger player, and hope I never do. Been a while since I felt salty...
    Post edited by HarmoNaz on
    Dander wrote: »
    Why is taunting you a bad thing?

Depends.

STOMP!
    Yeah he was asking for the 'two boots' treatment...
    GGs Chai. Screw that connection. Just dont understand why it didnt show up as red ping.

So... is this the official GGs and BGs thread then?
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Titles are meaningless in the 3s forum. The threads are about whatever you want them to be about.
    I can't remember a game I've played with Chai not being good. great and fun player!
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    Total jerk.
    He lag beasts me all the time. ;-)
    Absolutely. Can't even make a decent cuppa
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229

I do enjoy the feeling of payoff from getting a charge partition to hit just right. Still a messy busy Remy at this point but he is so non shoto its a pleasant change from the norm. Too much cr.mp I think. Major parry risk right?
  • Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,423
    This guy deserves more views for his work! Bringing the hype back

15m 10s

LOL
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,702
    edited August 2013

I do enjoy the feeling of payoff from getting a charge partition to hit just right. Still a messy busy Remy at this point but he is so non shoto its a pleasant change from the norm. Too much cr.mp I think. Major parry risk right?

lol sick ending yeah.

the problem with low strong is everything hits it and his recovery is awful on it. its a quick startup but shit recovery move so if its parried, considering you're a charge character, you're really in trouble and don't have any good options. its range isnt good and its hittable area is large so when its parried you can be lit up by really everything.

then when you add high-low parryability and the fact that the only thing you're going to be safely cancelling into with it when poking is some form of LOV.
    which is why imo you see it used most often to poke max range and cancel into short cbk. because it spaces just right for a really low hard to parry and impossible to punish on block cbk which will beat throws and intercept a lot of stuff they might do if they do parry.

its a really specific move. if you want to poke while crouching use low short and low lovs more often. those are really your better options for just checking them and creating space if you need it. his low short has nearly the same range and puts him out of the way of most stuff.
    Play more.
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,282
    Pretty sure I was lucky on that one.

Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - USF4: Adon - VS: Felicia
  • sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DTJB wrote: »
    Pretty sure I was lucky on that one.

Those matches are horrible but thanks for sharing.
    im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,282
    sidewinder wrote: »
    Those matches are horrible but thanks for sharing.

Thanks, my pleasure to contribute. :bgrin:
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - USF4: Adon - VS: Felicia

My Oro is still bad and I use the bad super. But its fun sometimes. I evaded something else with 2Punch version recently too.

lol brilliant.
    Play more.
  • SF3LPSF3LP Nica K.O Joined: Posts: 3,496
    Live with Mutant right now, he's leaving to Cali tomorrow so give him something to do

I'm beginning what others are afraid to do...I'm going to show that i can finish what i started "Give respect and honor to them and it will be returned to you!!.....respect and honor!"
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Sf3lp
    My 3s tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDEE9C2CC15F90F36
    My 3s stream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/nica_ko
    3rd Strike Fight Club Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSyizurf0Ib8Y0cnMq9jf0gk4EjlEa--
    Community: https://www.facebook.com/Thisis3rdStrike
    Teespring Store: teespring.com/stores/thisis3s

Like, Follow, Subscribe!

Yeah I don't think I have enough patience and execution for Remy. Don't let that stop you from spreading the word on what he can do.

2 and a half games with this guy were fine, then it got really laggy with nonstop dropped inputs. Just wanted it over so in the corner of round 2, I look like the CPU trying to get in there with tackle, just mash out some Hadou Burst. He didn't let off nonstop cr LK. Something crazy happened. It frame skipped so much I didn't see any of it til the replay.

So now if the stars ever line up like that to

-counterhit
    -trade
    -interrupt the big long recovery HadouBurst pose

Sean can do something with that juggle point, just like Ryu. Sean trained harder and can do more than we thought!

• EricGGMusicEricGGMusic Online Tournament Organizer Joined: Posts: 1,754

just some of the better matches that i've been in

vs
    Duralath
    Rican-N-Havic
    UnrealJon11
    RPDrookie2236
    Keldoownzall
    PSN: Simply_EGGy
    MvC2: Rogue/Sent/CapCom
    3SO: Chun Li, Remy, Sean
    SSF4 AE: E.Honda, Chun Li
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,142
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    Please go away.
    STOMP!
  • DuralathDuralath 3S Gatekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Rican-n-Havic kid is a tool.
    CFN: Duralath/ServantArcher FightCade: ServantArcher/Kyros Valchion
    3rd Strike: Alex/Makoto/Yun
    Street Fighter V:: Karin/Alex
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Chun dash "hurtbox" centerpoint, sideswitch captured on video again. This one was more of the end of the dash than the startup. That's IglooBob 3 out of 60 games, then. Hey, I think I did evade Chun's SA2 chipout with a Chun dash once but just didn't put that one to youtube.

Other 2

1 downvote! Surely, Probably for emptyjump throw and down parry no raw Shoryu, instead of cr fierce (donkey attempt) death. Lucked out with Denjin when he didn't have Chun Super stock, and him not knowing I hold those Denjins too long.

LOL! The first video was like:

Bob "Stop hitting buttons! *HP* *HP* *HP* *HP*

Achuma-lax "No, yo I'ma' jump out!"
    STOMP!
    Bob has said he likes (to play 3s and hit) HP with Chun, Ryu and Alex. God help us if he tries Dudley.

Are you using the joundan/step kick as a sort of tatsu with different spacing when pursuing someone on knockdown? like to build meter and move.

because that's kind of neat and i hadn't thought of it instead of tatsu. though i don't think it gives you as much meter on whiff. but still a neat idea for closing some space + building meter.
    Play more.