Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Comments

• Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/cf5fb2147389934

Now LET'S THE HYPE BEGIN!! looks pretty!
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/cf5fb2147389934

Now LET'S THE HYPE BEGIN!! looks pretty!
    Wow, looks amazing! On par with BB visuals, at least, and the BURST thing reminds me of GG.

Day one, day one, day one!
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Totally unexpected, but welcome all the same!

I hope they put Dojima in the game, 'cause he'd be broke as hell. And if they're including P3 characters, then there's no way they can't include Akihiko. Or Mitsuru for that matter.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • Joe YabukiJoe Yabuki Murcielago Joined: Posts: 1,280
    Looks great, this game will be hype. Fuck Arcana Heart
    Catherine is a better fighting game than *insert game here*
    Shoji + Daisuke = ?????
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    I think my heart stopped for a second......

Hope FemC makes it. :lovin:
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,815
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/
    Andriasang wrote:
    Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the Persona series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.

It's cooomminnnng!!! :woot::woot::party:
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    I really don't care right now man, I'm so hype about the fighting game lol
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    I'M GOING IN! SERIOUSLY FUCKING HYPE!
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • Ap0lloAp0llo this is me Joined: Posts: 646
    Looks great, this game will be hype. Fuck Arcana Heart

:( that was a good game
    SHIT
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,815
    lets hope that the game ends being very popular (and hopefully not broke at least not like HnK and SBX) and gets some revisions
    by the pics we at least know that it has a burst mechanic, wich translates to combos
    now, would it have air dashes?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,385
    And a bit more details:
    Speaking with Famitsu, the game's producer, Arc's Toshimichi Mori, said that he was shocked when Atlus came to them with the offer to work on the title. The BlazBlue team includes many fans of the Persona series, so their motivation for the project was very high, he said.

The Persona team didn't want to just have the BlazBlue team develop the game for them. Instead, they wanted the game to be a joint development project. According to Mori, game's director Takumi Iguchiya (whom you'll recognize as the lead programmer on the BlazBlue series) is working closely with the Persona team.

Arcade Mode: Face off against CPU opponents while following the story

Story Mode: Delve deeper into the arcade mode's story. This will be exclusive to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

Score Attack Mode: Face off against CPU opponents to get the high score

VS Mode: Face off against a CPU or human opponent

Online Battle: Face off against players throughout the world in online combat (I imagine that can be taken as confirmation of an international release...)

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_fighting_game_update/

I wonder if an OST will be part of the package deal for the port. Between Atlus' own sound team and ASW's own, this could stand to be a very interesting collab in this area alone!
    So they do like Persona? Nice, even less chances of it being bad.

I'm getting the collector's edition or whatever, this is a must fucking buy
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    It's gonna be a looooooong wait guys...

And I'm importing this so badly, a game this hyped up must have a super expensive Limited Edition.
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
    It's gonna be a looooooong wait guys...

And I'm importing this so badly, a game this hyped up must have a super expensive Limited Edition.
    I hope it has a simultanious release around the world, it's a fighting game for god's sake, Japan will already have the arcade for a few months.
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,750
    damn...this game is going to be an anticipated the of mines. keep up with the news!Izanagi will look good in a different style
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:X_Sword
    swxrdz.deviantart.com
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761
    wow, when I saw this I thought it would be a joke. One of my favorite RPG series turned into a fighter by one of my favorite fighter developers? omg omg omg omg.
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • Syke1Syke1 Prettyboy Slugfest [Remix] Joined: Posts: 12,449 mod
    WHAT!?

All I know is that my nigga Akihiko and Kanji better be top-tier.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • -db--db- Joined: Posts: 119
    I want to play as the Demi-Fiend :(
    Avy by Master Chibi
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,688
    WHAT!?

All I know is that my nigga Akihiko and Kanji better be top-tier.

Akihiko is going to be Makoto is she wasn't a slutty fox.
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
    I hope it has a simultanious release around the world, it's a fighting game for god's sake, Japan will already have the arcade for a few months.

It more than likely will. If an even smaller company like SNKP can opt to work on both the console and arcade versions of KOFXIII at the same time, ASW and Atlus don't really have an excuse. Plus, Atlus will likely want this game available for the home market as soon as possible, since they have no real reason to care about the fighting game arcade market that much at all (certainly made evident by how the last Gouketsuji/Power Instinct quickly got thrown under the bus...).
    Akihiko is going to be Makoto is she wasn't a slutty fox.
    I'm already made up. I'm maining Akihiko, Koromaru, and Kanji son.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• DopplesDopples TheFinestBrew Joined: Posts: 99
    I want this game in me. I want it in me so bad.

Also, please please please add Junpei Atlus, I'd love you forever if you did!
    TvC: Frank West/Casshern UMvC3:She-Hulk/lol/lol PSABR:Drake/Kat (RIP Barrels) Persona 4 Arena: Aigis (Former Kanji main/fraud) Injustice: Harley Quinn (This'll be a blast!)
    If Suda makes a No More Heroes fighting game by teaming up with Aksys, I'd probably play nothing else ever.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,363
    I won't be excited until it's stated if this game will be on the Nesica system or not.
    If it isn't, then it's good news for both out of Japan arcade fans as well as console people. If it is... well... might want to wait a very long time...
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just imagine the Atlus fanservice packaging, just like they did with all their games, when the game gets releases for the US which it will.
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
  • deadontime101deadontime101 THIS GAME IS OVER!!! Joined: Posts: 525
    ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!
    "DOOM rules everything around me, D.R.E.A.M! Get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all.''
    I didn't like Junpei as much as everyone else...

A persona selection similar to AH's would be dope. Maybe a Social link partner/assist?

• JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    Man this game looks tight. I think it'd be cooler to keep the Persona tied to the player character, though. Obviously they'll change that + add the Social Link Assist in the sequel!

Also how the hell they gonna rename Charles Barkley to Yu? What a boring name.
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
    I thought the MC's true name was Seta Souji. As P3's was Minato. Or was it for the mangas only?

I thought the MC's true name was Seta Souji. As P3's was Minato. Or was it for the mangas only?

That was just for the Manga.
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Never played a Persona game before but hey I'm hype! Hope it's good =D
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Bullshit. I'm still calling him Souji like I call Wolverine James.

The Persona Fightmans game has two directors: Kazuhisa Wada (lead designer of Persona 3 and 4) and Takumi Iguchi (director and lead programmer of Blazblue). Both Hashino and Mori are producers on the game, and Meguro is composing the music. It's kinda crazy.

- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30544093&postcount=886

To me, that just makes it even better. :D
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,363

The Persona Fightmans game has two directors: Kazuhisa Wada (lead designer of Persona 3 and 4) and Takumi Iguchi (director and lead programmer of Blazblue).
    Takumi Iguchi
    Director and Lead programmer of Blazblue
    He made the decisions that are currently going on BlazBlue.

Welp, there goes my hype.
    Can't wait for that new Darkstalkers game, huh guys?
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • EffenhoogEffenhoog fish are friends Joined: Posts: 1,510
    They call me Gamma Ray because I'm Forward Back Forward Back Down-Back Down Down-Forward Forward Hard Slash
    tbh no matter how much I miss Talbain, I'll be more into a TWEWY fighter...

• exsoldier2006exsoldier2006 BaconStripes!! Joined: Posts: 293
    Wow this is surprising Persona fighting game holy fudge muffins. Man, I'm a fan of the series I can't wait for this lol I believe they haven't said anything about overseas release. I'm hearing persona 5 is coming out I though it ended at 4 hmph?
    "Prince Vegeta ruler of all Saiyans!!"
  • VaramathrasVaramathras May be Giants Joined: Posts: 90
    Only interested if Junpei's in it.
    Fighting tooth and nail
    The Persona Fightmans game has two directors: Kazuhisa Wada (lead designer of Persona 3 and 4) and Takumi Iguchi (director and lead programmer of Blazblue).
    Takumi Iguchi

For some reason...I'm holding out hope...As for a new darkstalkers game...I'm gonna cry when that game gets made...I can see the nightmare now...slowed down to sf4 speed with a revenge mechanic and things that people can easily react to...
    "DOOM rules everything around me, D.R.E.A.M! Get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all.''
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    Mitsuru...
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,502
    I thought this was a Joke when I saw the title but it's real. I'm aboard the hype train for this one. I love Persona. From the screens it's safe to assume that each character's Persona will act like a stand similar to Jojo? Also, I wonder if the main character will have select personas when chosen.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,097 mod
    Takumi Iguchi

Neo_G Ishizawa is still at Capcom.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• HellMUTHellMUT hi Joined: Posts: 500
    Oh cool, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is back.
  • kksliderkkslider Wake -up Astral Joined: Posts: 368
    I'm excited the Blazblue team is working on it. Really not sure why this blind hate is still lingering..cs2 is legitimately a good game.
    /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,502
    Takumi Iguchi

I don't see Shoji Meguro name on there. Now I worry about the music
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • DopplesDopples TheFinestBrew Joined: Posts: 99
    Shoji Meguro's been confirmed to do the music for the game.
    TvC: Frank West/Casshern UMvC3:She-Hulk/lol/lol PSABR:Drake/Kat (RIP Barrels) Persona 4 Arena: Aigis (Former Kanji main/fraud) Injustice: Harley Quinn (This'll be a blast!)
    If Suda makes a No More Heroes fighting game by teaming up with Aksys, I'd probably play nothing else ever.
  • thatandyguythatandyguy Joined: Posts: 56
    :( that was a good game
    IS a good game.
    from the screenshots, I think the persona style will be like Arcana. I saw a Persona select screen in one of the pics.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,654
    please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws please have guilty throws and not blazblue throws
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin