Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Comments

• Joe YabukiJoe Yabuki Murcielago Joined: Posts: 1,280
    But I have a feeling that it will be Aegis Fighter on Xbox Live >_>
    Catherine is a better fighting game than *insert game here*
  • entrerixentrerix legendary buster wolf Joined: Posts: 1,305
    Day one on this.

i LOVE persona, and i LOVE fighting games.

any chance we can see some love for some persona 2 characters? ulala would be awesome, and so would JOKER (sudou)

if its only P3 and 4 characters my interest will be severely diminished. (high school simulators = a lot less interesting than the previous persona games, P3 was still pretty good though)
    mains: Al Rashid, Zarak, Vertigo, MidKnight
    alts: Ragnar Bloodaxe, Jen-Tai, Talon, R.A.X.
  • AnemoneAnemone smug ass bitch Joined: Posts: 1,979
    Hey I'm pretty sure Blazblue team = Guilty Gear team. I remember one of the reasons Guilty Gear is MIA right now is because the team is small and can only work on one major title at a time, which I guess also explains the lack of the 3rd installment for Blazblue.
  • Usulu503Usulu503 That Guy in the Back Joined: Posts: 45
    Just by the fact that it has the BB team on it had me sold on it
    PSN: boredone7

AE (Zangief and Oni)
    BBCS2 (Learning with Ragna and Litchi, want to learn Plat)
    MvC3 (Thinking Deadpool, Ryu, and Haggar/X-23)

Still learning, Getting bodied in the process
  • INCIDENTINCIDENT ACTION BASTARD! Joined: Posts: 335
    Now if Capcom could hook up with Square and make my dream Final Fantasy VS fighting game...
    No. Just no.
  • LucretzLucretz Leon Lion would not lie to you .. Joined: Posts: 1,576
    Oh. Shit.
    o u o

So out of left field but so fucking awesome. So only P4 + 3? Eh, I would of rather seen them use characters from all of them, or better yet the entire SMT universe, but this is a nice start anyway. Bizarre Guilty Demon Adventure.
    BP 2008 Grand Champion - M. Bison
    BP 2009 Division Finalist - Metapod

4th/40 in the Anime & Manga Lover's Association SSB Brawl Tournament at the East Midler YMCA and Recreational Center.
  • WWDeityWWDeity Humble Huart Joined: Posts: 251
    The main character better be named Johnny Yong Bosch or else I will rage...
    "Huart the Human"
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    "My body isn't even ready" doesn't even BEGIN to describe. :lovin:

Ugh, I'm reminded that I haven't finished P3P yet. :shake:
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Hey I'm pretty sure Blazblue team = Guilty Gear team. I remember one of the reasons Guilty Gear is MIA right now is because the team is small and can only work on one major title at a time, which I guess also explains the lack of the 3rd installment for Blazblue.

Well they're working on BBCS Extend which will be another retail release eventually... also have that NuraMago fighting game already announced and now this Persona game due out Spring 2012 which is right after the Persona 4 anime finishes.

October - Persona 4 anime start
    March - Persona 4 anime ends
    April-June - Persona 4 Golden released on PS Vita, Persona 4 fighting game released in arcades
    July-September - Persona 4 fighting game release on PS360.
    q4 2012 - Persona 5 (I'm just speculating here.. but fuck i hope it's true)
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,116 mod
    Let folk who play the main character pick their own names. That way, you can have folks being hype when they see Johnny Young Bosch vs Jim DeLancey...
    ...only for them to lose it when they realize it's a mirror match of the same character.

Seriously though, that would be an awesomely funny addition to the game if they allowed it.
    Well they're working on BBCS Extend which will be another retail release eventually... also have that NuraMago fighting game already announced and now this Persona game due out Spring 2012 which is right after the Persona 4 anime finishes.
    In fairness, they.re only helping out on the NuraMago game and Extend is basically another DLC set for CS2.
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/cf5fb2147389934

Now LET'S THE HYPE BEGIN!! looks pretty!
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/cf5fb2147389934

Now LET'S THE HYPE BEGIN!! looks pretty!
    Wow, looks amazing! On par with BB visuals, at least, and the BURST thing reminds me of GG.

Day one, day one, day one!
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Totally unexpected, but welcome all the same!

I hope they put Dojima in the game, 'cause he'd be broke as hell. And if they're including P3 characters, then there's no way they can't include Akihiko. Or Mitsuru for that matter.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    Looks great, this game will be hype. Fuck Arcana Heart
    Shoji + Daisuke = ?????
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    I think my heart stopped for a second......

Hope FemC makes it. :lovin:
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,784
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/
    Andriasang wrote:
    Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the Persona series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.

It's cooomminnnng!!! :woot::woot::party:
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    I really don't care right now man, I'm so hype about the fighting game lol
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    I'M GOING IN! SERIOUSLY FUCKING HYPE!
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • Ap0lloAp0llo this is me Joined: Posts: 646
    Looks great, this game will be hype. Fuck Arcana Heart

:( that was a good game
    SHIT
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,784
    lets hope that the game ends being very popular (and hopefully not broke at least not like HnK and SBX) and gets some revisions
    by the pics we at least know that it has a burst mechanic, wich translates to combos
    now, would it have air dashes?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    And a bit more details:
    Speaking with Famitsu, the game's producer, Arc's Toshimichi Mori, said that he was shocked when Atlus came to them with the offer to work on the title. The BlazBlue team includes many fans of the Persona series, so their motivation for the project was very high, he said.

The Persona team didn't want to just have the BlazBlue team develop the game for them. Instead, they wanted the game to be a joint development project. According to Mori, game's director Takumi Iguchiya (whom you'll recognize as the lead programmer on the BlazBlue series) is working closely with the Persona team.

Arcade Mode: Face off against CPU opponents while following the story

Story Mode: Delve deeper into the arcade mode's story. This will be exclusive to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

Score Attack Mode: Face off against CPU opponents to get the high score

VS Mode: Face off against a CPU or human opponent

Online Battle: Face off against players throughout the world in online combat (I imagine that can be taken as confirmation of an international release...)

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_fighting_game_update/

I wonder if an OST will be part of the package deal for the port. Between Atlus' own sound team and ASW's own, this could stand to be a very interesting collab in this area alone!
    So they do like Persona? Nice, even less chances of it being bad.

I'm getting the collector's edition or whatever, this is a must fucking buy
    It's gonna be a looooooong wait guys...

And I'm importing this so badly, a game this hyped up must have a super expensive Limited Edition.
    It's gonna be a looooooong wait guys...

And I'm importing this so badly, a game this hyped up must have a super expensive Limited Edition.
    I hope it has a simultanious release around the world, it's a fighting game for god's sake, Japan will already have the arcade for a few months.
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,780
    damn...this game is going to be an anticipated the of mines. keep up with the news!Izanagi will look good in a different style
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:X_Sword
    swxrdz.deviantart.com
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761
    wow, when I saw this I thought it would be a joke. One of my favorite RPG series turned into a fighter by one of my favorite fighter developers? omg omg omg omg.
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    WHAT!?

All I know is that my nigga Akihiko and Kanji better be top-tier.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • -db--db- Joined: Posts: 119
    I want to play as the Demi-Fiend :(
    Avy by Master Chibi
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,688
    WHAT!?

All I know is that my nigga Akihiko and Kanji better be top-tier.

Akihiko is going to be Makoto is she wasn't a slutty fox.
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    I hope it has a simultanious release around the world, it's a fighting game for god's sake, Japan will already have the arcade for a few months.

It more than likely will. If an even smaller company like SNKP can opt to work on both the console and arcade versions of KOFXIII at the same time, ASW and Atlus don't really have an excuse. Plus, Atlus will likely want this game available for the home market as soon as possible, since they have no real reason to care about the fighting game arcade market that much at all (certainly made evident by how the last Gouketsuji/Power Instinct quickly got thrown under the bus...).
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Akihiko is going to be Makoto is she wasn't a slutty fox.
    I'm already made up. I'm maining Akihiko, Koromaru, and Kanji son.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• DopplesDopples TheFinestBrew Joined: Posts: 99
    I want this game in me. I want it in me so bad.

Also, please please please add Junpei Atlus, I'd love you forever if you did!
    TvC: Frank West/Casshern UMvC3:She-Hulk/lol/lol PSABR:Drake/Kat (RIP Barrels) Persona 4 Arena: Aigis (Former Kanji main/fraud) Injustice: Harley Quinn (This'll be a blast!)
    If Suda makes a No More Heroes fighting game by teaming up with Aksys, I'd probably play nothing else ever.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I won't be excited until it's stated if this game will be on the Nesica system or not.
    If it isn't, then it's good news for both out of Japan arcade fans as well as console people. If it is... well... might want to wait a very long time...
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just imagine the Atlus fanservice packaging, just like they did with all their games, when the game gets releases for the US which it will.
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
  • deadontime101deadontime101 THIS GAME IS OVER!!! Joined: Posts: 525
    ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!
    "DOOM rules everything around me, D.R.E.A.M! Get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all.''
    I didn't like Junpei as much as everyone else...

A persona selection similar to AH's would be dope. Maybe a Social link partner/assist?

• JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    Man this game looks tight. I think it'd be cooler to keep the Persona tied to the player character, though. Obviously they'll change that + add the Social Link Assist in the sequel!

Also how the hell they gonna rename Charles Barkley to Yu? What a boring name.
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
    I thought the MC's true name was Seta Souji. As P3's was Minato. Or was it for the mangas only?