Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Comments

• A.K.A.K. 稀代の天才魔導士 Joined: Posts: 289
    So I've confirmed, the game NA version has been on sale in Mexico since 7/31, you can visit one of this stores and buy it or go to their website http://gameplanet.com/persona-4-arena-ps3.html#!prettyPhoto
    How do you make it ship to the US?
    I only see the option for Mexico.
    Cheap commissions! Art, Ps3 Themes, anything! :D

http://honey-tree.deviantart.com/
    <333333
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,703
    You want to force people to use it, start dragging arcade cabinets everywhere.
    Words of a true pussy. ;)
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Fadedsun303Fadedsun303 Joined: Posts: 1,055
    Like usual, get over yourself. You want to force people to use it, start dragging arcade cabinets everywhere.

On top of that, this game has an actual good button check.

And I always go square config, short of Marvel 3, so fuck the haters. I've never had a problem with square config.

I use the square config for KOFXIII. When I try to use the traditional KOF button layout I get disoriented and can't do my combos anymore. There must be a reason the layout is the way it is, but if it doesn't make sense I'll switch buttons around.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are you all seriously arguing about what layout you should use and actually dissing other layouts? wtf..
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,262
    Words of a true pussy. ;)

It's not like I'm opposed to playing on Arcade cabinets. You know, especially since in this game they took away the rematch option... Plus, if we all get Nesica cards, imagine the time saved on Button Checks and Character Selection. Plus we get all the DLC colors and Glasses.

Shit, actually, I might want to drag some arcade cabinets around now.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • BlakenBlaken Joined: Posts: 486
    How do you make it ship to the US?
    I only see the option for Mexico.

I don't think Gameplanet does international shipping sorry...

And talking about Gameplanet the FOOLS! they got the game but only 1 and for 360! D:

I wanted to play this today...
  • A.K.A.K. 稀代の天才魔導士 Joined: Posts: 289
    I don't think Gameplanet does international shipping sorry...

And talking about Gameplanet the FOOLS! they got the game but only 1 and for 360! D:

I wanted to play this today...
    Oh I contacted customer service they said they could ship to the US but you have to contact them through email. Seems sketchy though haha.
    Cheap commissions! Art, Ps3 Themes, anything! :D

http://honey-tree.deviantart.com/
    <333333
  • BlakenBlaken Joined: Posts: 486
    Oh I contacted customer service they said they could ship to the US but you have to contact them through email. Seems sketchy though haha.

That's their way of saying: I have no idea what i'm doing seriously. But Gameplanet is not a very good store... Gamers is a better choice

Well... we can all wait till tuesday right? RIGHT? (I want this damn game!)
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Easier said then done. Im playing the still pre-patch skullgirls to pass the time when i play fighters.

I understand the saying on how 99% of the race is only half the journey...
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • deadaciddeadacid I feel like someone threw me away. Joined: Posts: 745
    Who do I gotta kill to get this thread moved to the sub forum. Seriously!
    PSN: DEADACID #killthescene
    Who do I gotta kill to get this thread moved to the sub forum. Seriously!

Nothing, because a new General Discussion will just be made in the sub forum on Release day.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,875

@2:57 Yu: "I have to go now, my planet needs me."
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Ratio 4 CerebellaRatio 4 Cerebella this again Joined: Posts: 90
    East Coast stores get their shipments Friday but are told not to sell the game to Monday. Just a heads up.
    Hahahaha. Yeah, that's not stopping some places.
  • d0c_zaiusd0c_zaius tobal 2 missionary Joined: Posts: 394
    urleh copies are circulating
    tobal 2 best game ever
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I got a chance to play the game earlier than anyone else, yet played it the least. Oh, cruel fate, why do you mock me?!?!?
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • imMUTAble787imMUTAble787 Joined: Posts: 60
    i can't wait until tuesday. going to stockpile some stimulants and unhealthy food for my training mode marathon
    Wow @ the push back to Europe. Is that Jack Frost guy in charge of the publishing over there? lol.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835
    Honestly a month is nothing compared to what we had to wait for Blazblue (nearly a year from the US/JP release of BB:CT).

Im just glad it wasn't more than a week; i was expecting the worst.
  • ffffffffffffff Joined: Posts: 155
    Might spend some time driving around the GTA to see if anyone accidentally broke the street date or something. Having the long weekend to practice would be killer.
  • KaneKane biding my time Joined: Posts: 388
    I might have found a place that broke the street date. Hopefully they still have copies left, gotta get ready for the wnf tourneys and Revelations. Time to take Elizabeth and Yu to the lab.
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Got it urley!
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    SBO will determine my character. I don't know who to stay with :x
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835
    http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

One more podcast. Coopa, VibratingSheep and Creeper Dacid
  • deadaciddeadacid I feel like someone threw me away. Joined: Posts: 745
    Might get an early copy tonight! I can bear-ly wait!
    PSN: DEADACID #killthescene
  • d0c_zaiusd0c_zaius tobal 2 missionary Joined: Posts: 394
    urleh teddy squad represent
    tobal 2 best game ever
  • QwezzyQwezzy Joined: Posts: 76
    Lucky bums getting it urleh T~T! Here's another couple of questions in the meantime:

1. I know its already been mentioned/asked so sorry if this is the bazzilionth time but to those of you who actually have the game, how accessible/hard a game is it for a newb like me who's never played an anime type game before and is still trying to get the fundamentals down from other fighters?
    2. Is button-mapping stuff like OMC's and R-actions allowed?
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    1: This is supposedly one of the easier anime fighters to get into, and new-school fundamentals are a little different anyways since you're worrying about more than one axis of movement and pressure is generally stronger for everyone.
    2: Yes.
    2. Is button-mapping stuff like OMC's and R-actions allowed?
    If you play on a stick then learn to tap multiple buttons like a big boy.
    Former account:
  • Ratio 4 CerebellaRatio 4 Cerebella this again Joined: Posts: 90
    As someone who's played fighting games competitively for a long, long while, the burst input is awkward and stupid.

Map away folks. It doesn't really make a difference. Mapping has been legal forever, just don't expect to walk into an arcade and have things carry over :)
  • QwezzyQwezzy Joined: Posts: 76
    ugh I know I know lol its just having to tap 3-4 buttons at once while in the middle of an already seemingly complex combo...its gonna take my fingers a WHILE to get used to especially since this is my first anime fighter.....but yeah you're right ...maybe there'll be some tutorials on dustloop or YouTube?
    ugh I know I know lol its just having to tap 3-4 buttons at once while in the middle of an already seemingly complex combo...its gonna take my fingers a WHILE to get used to especially since this is my first anime fighter.....but yeah you're right ...maybe there'll be some tutorials on dustloop or YouTube?
    It's 3, not 4. Tapping 4 in this layout doesn't make any sense so they won't expect it from you. And don't worry. Nothing is as hard as it seems. Just progress in small steps. Don't start by trying to do the ideal combos posted in guides. Work your way up.
    Former account:
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Got it urley!
    I as well! :lovin:
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,908
    And now all I got is salty...
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    T_______T I wanna plaaaaaay, torturing myself with vids isnt helping at all lol...
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,973
    Wow @ the push back to Europe. Is that Jack Frost guy in charge of the publishing over there? lol.
    um

lol?
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • NB2NB2 Joined: Posts: 191
    If you're in NYC and you're looking for it, they have it on Jamaica Ave, if you know what spot I'm talking about. I picked it up yesterday evening. About to pop it in now.
    Wondering how most of you guys feel about this:
    Me wrote:
    So, the other day I was watching the stream of this game from players some where in Cali. I haven't touched the game yet, but was interested in seeing how the game worked (aside from A-cho videos, I haven't seen much of the game at all).

Now, the biggest problem I notice when watching the game is unfriendly terminology. Before I begin to state the faults of what I'm implying here, let me explain something. Normally when watching StarCraft 2 streams, the commentators usually treat the audiences as if they've never played StarCraft 2 before. Sometimes while watching a stream, a player would use a race ability that existed in part 1, and I was question, "Why the hell did he do that?" and the commentators would answer like if they heard you. And that's just one example of great commentary!
    Here's the problem I ran into when watching the stream from Cali; "OMG HE'S USED HIS R-ACTION!!!"
    People not familiar with this game and are trying to get into it will ask, "WTF is an R-Action?!" and never was it explained on the stream. Of course, doing research would solve the problem, however when you're bombarded with many other terminology that only exists in Persona 4 Arena, the viewer is turned off and there's a chance they will leaves the stream. You do not want that happening.

Okay, well that's the players fault for not doing research to begin with, right? I mean, if the person is so interested in the game, he would've at least considered doing some research before hand, and then viewing the stream.
    WRONG!! And if you think that, you're a fuckin' retard (I just mentioned 80% of dustloop members here, but let's hope they get this message across regardless how much people care for that place).

Using the StarCraft 2 commentary work as an example (once again), remember how I mention that they treat players as if they never played part 2 (but hint they may hint that those viewers played part 1). Well, that example was used for a tournament I witness just a few months ago on a game that's already over a year old. So if they're still treating players like as if they haven't played part 2 yet, then why stop there? You want to make the commentary as viewer friendly as possible (and of course, adding jokes. No one minds jokes).
    But StarCraft isn't a fighting game, and the way commentary works in that--- No, STFU if you are thinking this. Get that shit out of your head, right now!

Persona 4 Arena is a fighting game, so figuring out other terminology that everyone is familiar with would be best to use in order to describe the situation happening in the game. And because of this, it's easy to relate the situation with another move to help describe to the viewers what's going on. An example; calling R-Action "Reversals" or possibly "DP" (aka Dragon Punch. Maybe calling it 'Uppercut' in case not many people are familiar with the term DP) would help the viewer understand what is being implied.
    But every character has specific R-Action and they all do different things! - And if you continue to think like this, it's becomes a problem. Your objective is to help the viewer understand what's going on in the match by describe what's happening in the fight in the best possible way. You need to relate with the viewers in order to gain some understanding on what's happening. R-Action, for the most part, have a specific goal for the character and that's to GTFO of the situation they are in. And for that matter, most R-Action in the game are Dragon Punches (Shoryuken, if you will). And by the way, this is just one example.

I dunno, I feel like it would be for the best. But who knows...
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    Commentators in the first month or two will spend endless amounts of time explaining to viewers exactly what's going on in a match, KOFXIII went through the same deal, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Commentators in the first month or two will spend endless amounts of time explaining to viewers exactly what's going on in a match, KOFXIII went through the same deal, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    I think we've already been through this a million times, but you seem to never be right about anything.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    I think we've already been through this a million times, but you seem to never be right about anything.

Alright seriously, WTF is your problem with me? If it's that bad, then I promise I'll never post in a thread you post in ever again. But fucking seriously, I was responding to your post civilly, not being a dick like I usually am. In casual streams, you probably won't see too much explanation. However, when this game goes to tourneys, commentators will take time out to explain what is going on in the match. It is nothing new. The time will be taken out so viewers who don't have the game can get acclimated.

Now I'll do you a favor and I'll leave you alone forever.