Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Comments

• PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Now I'll do you a favor and I'll leave you alone forever.
    Don't worry. I'll always love you.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    People can look shit up, don't want to oh well.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • SpiderCrawlSpiderCrawl Shadaloo Deserter Joined: Posts: 452
    Glad to see a charge character made the cut and is apparently pretty godlike. Can't wait to play some Mitsuru.
    Chie will also get some burn as she is my favorite character from P4.
    Ultra: Juri & Poison
    Guilty Gear: I-No
    Okay, well that's the players fault for not doing research to begin with, right? I mean, if the person is so interested in the game, he would've at least considered doing some research before hand, and then viewing the stream.
    WRONG!! And if you think that, you're a fuckin' retard.

GGPO (netcode).
    Also, it seems like Weeaboos tend to name things off the game. How annoying, they would do something like that.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835
    Here's my take on the subject.
    zkMRd.png
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,703
    Many R-Actions are "Geese Counters". Which are not dragon punches. I just call the DPs DP and the rest "reversals".
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    just say reversal
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • A.K.A.K. 稀代の天才魔導士 Joined: Posts: 289
    Is anyone getting it early in Cali?
    Cheap commissions! Art, Ps3 Themes, anything! :D

http://honey-tree.deviantart.com/
    <333333
  • SSRagnaSSRagna C'est La Vie Joined: Posts: 708

Things like this aren't a one way street. If you want someone to look it up you have to plant the seeds to get them interested first, which is where informative yet exciting commentary would come in.
    PSN: ShinXetsu
    Xbox Live: InertSolo
  • RamRamStylesRamRamStyles Joined: Posts: 205
    I just pre ordered it from newegg for 10 dollars off wooooooo
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    For certain specific R-Actions, "DP" or "counter" is appropriate, but there are others, especially those which work off of super armor and Elizabeth's which can't really accurately be called anything except reversals. Since there are sometimes other reversals (which don't have the same properties in terms of costing life or being impossible to OMC), having it called the character's R-Action makes the most sense by a wide margin. If commentators want to explain it as "B+D is the R-Action input - it's a universal reversal, but they all function differently", then that would be best. Beyond that though, it does make sense to have some standard terminology so people don't have to figure out what commentators are talking about on each new stream.

R-Action for R-Actions as a whole, "DP" for DP type R-actions, "counter" for counter-type R-actions, "R-action" for other types.
    OMC, not RC, for One More Cancels (It says "1 MORE" on the screen)
    Guard Cancel for :f: A+B, not Alpha Counter or Dead Angle Attack
    Instant Kill / IK for Mortal Blows
    Super for SP Skills
    EX for Skill Boosted skills
    Cards, not "stand life" or "primers" for persona health indicators
    Persona Break, not "stand crash" for the Persona Break state
    Fate primers for Naoto's special meter
    Roll for whatever roll is actually called
    Hop for mini jump
    Instant Block, not Just Guard / Just Defend (wouldn't expect this to actually be an issue since it's an ASW game, but...)

As you will notice, most of these are the official terms within the game or self-explanatory (much easier for people to understand "Super" than "SP Skill"). This should make it somewhat easier to look up exactly what they do if people have questions about how something works.

Honestly though that's not a very long list.
  • Tomo009Tomo009 Joined: Posts: 2,268
    just say reversal
    You'll still have a problem with Yukiko, haha
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    You'll still have a problem with Yukiko, haha

mmm nope.

still functions as a reversal when they're close. holds it to heal.

"yukiko used her reversal and she held it to heal herself!"

"that was a great move if I do say so myself, commentating partner!"

"verily!"
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    mmm nope.

still functions as a reversal when they're close. holds it to heal.

"yukiko used her reversal and she held it to heal herself!"

"that was a great move if I do say so myself, commentating partner!"

"verily!"
    Wait really? Didn't know that.
  • deadaciddeadacid I feel like someone threw me away. Joined: Posts: 745
    Played all day today at a local tourney that had it. Didn't think I was going to like Mitsuru as much as I did, but damn shes awesome.
    PSN: DEADACID #killthescene
    Yeah, I got to play. The game is pretty damn fun, way more freeform than I was thinking. Doesn't feel as much like Blazblue as I was expecting, at least Aigis didn't.

I didn't really know anything though, couldn't even remember how to get into or what to do in Orgia mode, so it was pretty comical. The hell do you do against Mitsuru? Is everything she does safe? And then reflector? What?
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,725
    going to wait til next weekend to grab this game. See the opinion of others playing it and seeing the opinions of the netcode over here.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
    Played all day today at a local tourney that had it. Didn't think I was going to like Mitsuru as much as I did, but damn shes awesome.
    This might be a stupid question but are you Dacidbro?
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Played the game a bit, game seems really medocre to me.Ffootsies are pretty much unintersting in any form due to abysmally low number of normals, flow feels weird, and some characters are dumb as fuck. Not bad but doesn't seem like the game for me.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's a little bit of footsie but plenty of spacing and zoning oriented play too though. Air and ground space is very important in these type of games. I didn't find it too difficult to get into it, the auto combos helped but only for like 5 minutes, and then you realize you want to learn a lot of wake up pressure and resets for big hit confirms.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    is this game's jp version region locked or not?
    i've heard rumors that it is...while others say its not.
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
    is this game's jp version region locked or not?
    i've heard rumors that it is...while others say its not.
    It is region locked.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    It's region locked, but online is global.
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,453
    Newegg can't ship this thing soon enough. I feel like I'm already so far behind :tdown:
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
  • shin neferioshin neferio BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 812
    BCD
    A

is clearly the superior config. I don't know why the default is a square, is that comfortable for anyone? My hands don't contort like that.

i played tvc with square formation.
    People can say all they want about dat axe, but I'm still gonna be repping Kanji and that Brosuke.

kanji for life!
    I might have found a place that broke the street date. Hopefully they still have copies left, gotta get ready for the wnf tourneys and Revelations. Time to take Elizabeth and Yu to the lab.

you should try gamestops, this one said it was a soft release date and have been selling copies since they came in.
    5th King of Tetris
    This might be a stupid question but are you Dacidbro?

No, but I get it a lot in streams. I was going by this name before I played fighting games. Doesn't help that we both play Captain America either, lol
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,601
    Dacidbros SRK name is 1000dollasocks or something like that.
    Slow and steady wins the race
    No, but I get it a lot in streams. I was going by this name before I played fighting games. Doesn't help that we both play Captain America either, lol
    ok thnaks
  • KitoriKitori おーほほほほ Joined: Posts: 864
    if anyone can let me know where I can get a hold of it early in socal let me know please <3
    Twitch Stream: http://bit.ly/HiYCld
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,134 mod
    Got to try this game over the weekend at a local anime con (thanks to the iAirdash/BBPH folks). Actually, did more than just try, I actually got roped into helping demo the game on stage.

Actually found myself enjoying the game, there's something magical about finding yourself at a situation where you know you need to go for some offense, and then actually being able to pull some offense off (even if it's just mashing A). That said, it helps that I picked up Mitsuru and that Anton (who is probably the most organized event/TO in the PI) taught me a few basic BnBs.

On a related note, during the stage demo, we actually got some kid who was around 8 or 9 try the game. Next thing you know, after the stage demo, he's at the booth actually playing it.
    This game is magical.....
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    Got to try this game over the weekend at a local anime con (thanks to the iAirdash/BBPH folks). Actually, did more than just try, I actually got roped into helping demo the game on stage.

Actually found myself enjoying the game, there's something magical about finding yourself at a situation where you know you need to go for some offense, and then actually being able to pull some offense off (even if it's just mashing A). That said, it helps that I picked up Mitsuru and that Anton (who is probably the most organized event/TO in the PI) taught me a few basic BnBs.

On a related note, during the stage demo, we actually got some kid who was around 8 or 9 try the game. Next thing you know, after the stage demo, he's at the booth actually playing it.
    Persona 4 Arena transcends the FGC. It bridges together people from all walks of life.
    Persona 4 Arena transcends the FGC. It bridges together people from all walks of life.
    Gonna admit, this is the biggest reason that we're most likely gonna start running this in our local tourneys. Basically a blatant attempt to bolster attendance numbers and (hopefully) attract sponsors.
    Gonna admit, this is the biggest reason that we're most likely gonna start running this in our local tourneys. Basically a blatant attempt to bolster attendance numbers and (hopefully) attract sponsors.
    Yeah not a bad idea at all. And the English version of Persona 4 Golden for t he PSVita is coming out in October. Persona fever is at a global high!
    I'm going to share P4A with my grandkids.
  • ghostiesghosties spooked ya Joined: Posts: 356
    Just showed my dog P4A, he says it's sick.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,368
    Well, I'm happy people are enjoying the game, I remember people were worried it wouldn't be up to snuff back a little before the arcade release.

Can't wait to play it come tuesday myself. I just hope I don't see any "dis game iz ayusssss" topics a week after release, lol.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    Should we be surprised that Arc has finally made a licensed fighter that isn't balls to the wall broken?
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Another day waiting is done. BB3 (that subtitle is a pain to say/type) announcement did not damper my hype.

Side note: Would be SWELL if Adachi would be a future fighter addition since we would have a clear cut-and-dry "bad guy" figure in the game (A shadow does not really count).
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,285
    Well, you have to remember PRISON CHANGED HIM, MAAAAN, so if you wanted evil Adachi again, it'd probably have to be Shadow Adachi.