Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Comments

• Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Tokido also playing SfxT because of a car with how he worded it lol. I honestly don't care about what fgc "celebrities" views. Its their personal views thats fine (even though i could not take his part about "reversals are too easy to input" seriously as if SF DP motion was any harder. Its not. Its just different.

Also Persona has been mostly been discussed in the recent Marvel OTT that has "persona" on the thread title in the recent weeks.

Regardless game is not "dead" yet i still find games pretty easy and get great character variety in the lobbies. Stop panicking like its the Titanic on Month 1 of the game because 1 dude voiced his opinion. shows fgc has loads of sheep.

If your gonna blame anyone, blame arc pumping out games way too fast. BB3 announced barely when Persona out on the consoles just shows they don't plan any more support. Kills any potential this game had because games are splitting people too thin
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • wiredgodwiredgod Joined: Posts: 461
    Eventually people are going to say fighting games are dead before they even come out.
    PSN: wiredgod
    BB: Carl
    P4A: Teddie / Shadow Labrys
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PW / Filia
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    Eventually people are going to say fighting games are dead before they even come out.
    Didn't Mr. Wizard do that to Arcana Heart 3, already?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    Pretty much, yes.
    Get hyped about being absorbed into LoL or black ops 2. Pick your poison
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't understand. It's like 7 posts of you guys making a big deal out of... nothing...

WTF is going on? Did a lot of posts get deleted?
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
  • wiredgodwiredgod Joined: Posts: 461
    I don't understand. It's like 7 posts of you guys making a big deal out of... nothing...

This is mostly what web forums are all about.
    PSN: wiredgod
    BB: Carl
    P4A: Teddie / Shadow Labrys
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PW / Filia
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,985
    Didn't you hear what Tokido said? Many players are dropping P4A because they're going back to Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. AWS released "Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R" a couple of days ago and the upcoming "BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma" planning to be released this winter. I'm afraid that these games will kill the P4A tournament scenes. I just hope that this game will at least still be played on the online multiplayer for a long time. I may be wrong but this is my theory.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to say to this or how to feel. I like Persona 4 as a game and find it a really fun and legit game to play. However, between the two and such, my loyalty's always ultimately been to Blazblue and my lack of playing it is ultimately due to the community taking a break until Chrono Phantasma so I'll naturally want that game to get as much hype as possible. So I'm mixed because I want Blazblue: CP to do REALLY well and get the hype and attention that the series deserves, but I don't want it to be at the expense of Persona. Like, sure I was hardly a Skullgirls fan, but I didn't want to see the community take a large hit from Persona coming out like it did because I know a lot of work went into the game and people were passionate about it.So yeah, that kinda thing.
  • leakeyleakey It's about the RESPECT. Joined: Posts: 89
    As long as you play the games you love, share them with friends, and have fun with it, that game will never die. /storymode #afterschoolspecial

Forreal, though. If you like it, just keep playing online and bring it to your local scene get togethers and stuff! I know at the local hobby shop where I play at every week, even though we're all free at it, we're having a great time learning P4A. A good number of people still play AE, Mahvel, and a few play KOF. It is what you make it!
    "Don't count the days, make the days count" -Muhammad Ali
    https://twitter.com/nick_leake
    This is mostly what web forums are all about.
    More like just this thread.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    More like just this thread.
    Definitely not a phenomena exclusive to this thread.

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,391 mod
    You know, some of us actually DON'T play BB at all (but still play P4).
    You know, some of us actually DON'T play BB at all (but still play P4).

Blasphemy I tells you. Blasphemy, lol.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    People need to stop being retarded and thinking they can only play one game of a certain type. Shut the fuck up and play the game and post stuff for it and show the fuck up to events. If you're 45 minutes away from an event fucking go if nothing else is in the way.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    People need to stop being retarded and thinking they can only play one game of a certain type. Shut the fuck up and play the game and post stuff for it and show the fuck up to events. If you're 45 minutes away from an event fucking go if nothing else is in the way.

I hope that wasn't directed at me, because I was joking when I made the 'blasphemy' comment, y'know. I've actually tried to be vocal of the "support your scenes" bit.
    I honestly hope they did not stop post release support on this game to focus on BB3 since there is SO much more they can do here..Persona has the bigger universe
  • LuscheLusche gets pwnd by scrubs Joined: Posts: 283
    I honestly hope they did not stop post release support on this game to focus on BB3 since there is SO much more they can do here..Persona has the bigger universe
    Post release support is Atlus responsibility ... and Atlus have nothing to do with BB3 ...
    ArcSys already said that they are interested in another Persona, but its completely up to Atlus.
    not even worth to be called a scrub ...
  • leakeyleakey It's about the RESPECT. Joined: Posts: 89

Well so far the game seems pretty well off as far as content and balance. If they release more DLC that would be fantastic (as long as it's not game-breaking), but honestly I think the best thing they can do for this title right now is to give it a good prize pool and support at tourneys and public events. The game itself is the bomb and it's up to us to support it :)
    "Don't count the days, make the days count" -Muhammad Ali
    https://twitter.com/nick_leake
    Well so far the game seems pretty well off as far as content and balance. If they release more DLC that would be fantastic (as long as it's not game-breaking), but honestly I think the best thing they can do for this title right now is to give it a good prize pool and support at tourneys and public events. The game itself is the bomb and it's up to us to support it :)

Yeah, I can agree with that. Hell, I already know when Chrono Phantasma comes out it's going to be up to the Blazblue community to get our shit back together and not let things mess up like we did with Extend and Continuum Shift 2 after EVO 2011.
  • MightfoMightfo Joined: Posts: 335
    GUYS GUYS P4A "ONLY" GOT 70+ PEOPLE AT SEASON'S BEATINGS THAT MEANS ITS DEAD RIGHT

also, tokido was talking about people dropping the game in japan, not america
    If this forum stays this slow I have little hopes in character forums -_-
    most people who play the game seriously use dustloop anyway :1 kinda hard to get people to discuss stuff about charas elsewhere when they already have a place to discuss it
    If you live around Dallas/Fort Worth and play P4A, SG, BB, MB, AH3, or KOF13, PM me.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,327
    This
    Post release support is Atlus responsibility ... and Atlus have nothing to do with BB3 ...
    ArcSys already said that they are interested in another Persona, but its completely up to Atlus.

@ Number 13, Also, keep in mind that Persona in the end is an atlus franchise, any revenue made from the game benefits Atlus more than what could benefit ASW, they already got all of what they could with the arcade release, and the work in the port.

A new game of their own is mandatory for them to keep the business going, specially if you consider that technically they have not released a new game of their own in almost what? 2 years; BBCSII and BBCSEX are only updates for arcades that had BBCS, and BBCSII was a free update for BBCS, and we all know that BBCSEX didn't sell as well as the BBCS because the people where buthurt that it wasn't another free patch (despite that more than probable many of them didn't buy the dlc chars).

Like i have said before, i have the feeling that ASW is trying to balance their act by maintaining both games one each time.
    After how the public received BBCSEX, i think that is logic that they would try to make 1 game 1 year, and 1 the next 1, that way, th public wouldn't feel that they are publishing the same game with little tweaks
    I wouldn't be surprised if after the release of BBCP, around august of the next year we hear of the new revision of P4A, or maybe earlier if they plan to add them via DLC instead of making a new physical release.
    GUYS GUYS P4A "ONLY" GOT 70+ PEOPLE AT SEASON'S BEATINGS THAT MEANS ITS DEAD RIGHT

also, tokido was talking about people dropping the game in japan, not america

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo
    But if tokido says it it mus be true, after all he is a pro player.
    Time to move on™
    most people who play the game seriously use dustloop anyway :1 kinda hard to get people to discuss stuff about charas elsewhere when they already have a place to discuss it

True, lets be honest, if someone want reliable info about any ASW game their best bet is DL
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Well Speak of the devil there was a patch, albeit a minor one, but still a patch. Ok now im gonna say there needs to be another Rival Schools
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,391 mod
    True, lets be honest, if someone want reliable info about any ASW game their best bet is DL
    Kinda disappointed in the matchup sections of the character pages in DL though. I think we've actually got more discussion for some of the characters in the tier thread here.
    So after spending 25 minutes and getting further with Narukami in Challenge mode than with any other character I use including my main, finally being able to decimate some Kanjis, and other matchup things, I'm wondering why in the HELL I never gave him a fair shot before.
  • MrTeaCupGLovesMrTeaCupGLoves Waiting Joined: Posts: 159
    ^^ I started with Chie and had a little of a hard time in the start. Then went to Naoto and got bodied by a Narukami and was like ef it, ill try him out...A+ and 612 PSR later, i wished I started with him lol..My % would have been a lot higher then it is. NARUKAMI !!

Im close to finishing eveyones challenges, but Narukami's is the only one ive finished so far. Dont care much for anyone else but my main tho (narukami).
    XBL: KoukiMonstrr
    PSN: KoukiMonstr
    http://m.youtube.com/user/KOUKImonstr
    Does Narukami have any bad matchups? I play Kanji but want to pick a 2nd that would cover his worst matches.

^^ I started with Chie and had a little of a hard time in the start. Then went to Naoto and got bodied by a Narukami and was like ef it, ill try him out...A+ and 612 PSR later, i wished I started with him lol..My % would have been a lot higher then it is. NARUKAMI !!

Im close to finishing eveyones challenges, but Narukami's is the only one ive finished so far. Dont care much for anyone else but my main tho (narukami).

It's funny you should say that because Chie was who I initially started with as a main after taking 5 minutes to realize that as badass as Kanji is, he just wasn't for me (with the same being true for Brosuke) before getting it to be Yukiko as my main with Chie as the "well if Yukiko doesn't work or I'm fighting Shabrys..." secondary. It took me like 90 minutes to get to challenge 22 for Yukiko because it kept being the little things, but it took me like half an hour to get to challenge 24 with Narukami (considering some of them literally take 5-10 seconds), and I was like "huh...well damn".
    I think hes a solid character. Im not too good with zoning, or characters that use items (teddie, yukiko) so my play style fights good with Narukami. In your face pressure, pressure, pressure and some cool persona combos lol.

I would like to answer the match up question but im still learning A LOT about this game and i dont think i qualify to answer it. I have problems with yosuke, kanji, and yukiko. Not to mention i cant stand mashing akihikos, and chies...too random and all over the damn place!! Like i said tho, im still learning the game and what not to do so i fall for a lot of stupid tricks (Teddie full screen super) and i need to learn the correct ways to block. Say this game is dead all you want, I LOVE IT.
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    Yu loses to *maybe* Yosuke and Mitsuru, aside from that it's all even-advantage
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    I think hes a solid character. Im not too good with zoning, or characters that use items (teddie, yukiko) so my play style fights good with Narukami. In your face pressure, pressure, pressure and some cool persona combos lol.

I would like to answer the match up question but im still learning A LOT about this game and i dont think i qualify to answer it. I have problems with yosuke, kanji, and yukiko. Not to mention i cant stand mashing akihikos, and chies...too random and all over the damn place!! Like i said tho, im still learning the game and what not to do so i fall for a lot of stupid tricks (Teddie full screen super) and i need to learn the correct ways to block. Say this game is dead all you want, I LOVE IT.

Oh, I totally am in the same boat in terms of having a lot to learn. I know sometimes when people will OMB to cancel, I'll get a bit confused as to why they didn't OMC for instance. While Yukiko doesn't have items per say, I actually kind of like the ability to restore health with her, and the whole charging fire/making fire unblockable/delaying the explosion while you hold the button thing. It's an interesting mechanic and the button hold with he fire just happened to coincide with me picking up Juri in Arcade Edition 2012, so it worked out.

Not going to lie that Yu's a good character though. Just one question though that I thought was true but I'm unsure of. The jumping version of his Big Gamble has a quicker startup than the standing one, correct?
  • CorreaCorrea HYPER CATINEL FORCE Joined: Posts: 177
    Yu loses to *maybe* Yosuke and Mitsuru, aside from that it's all even-advantage

Dunno about Yosuke, but Mitsuru definitely doesn't beat Yu, that match is pretty dead even
    PSN: tcorrea
    P4A: Mitsuru
    UMVC3: Doom / Storm / Sentinel
    Enlist Narukami army today

yu-narukami-wins.gif
    Hmmm... there are a lot of Narukami's out there... how are Chie's matchups?
  • Tomo009Tomo009 Joined: Posts: 2,268
    This game still has no release date in Australia..
    A balance patch would help refine this game. But something minor.

Overall, the community in our state is doing fine (we're getting a lot of entries for our ranbats and tournaments. Never seen such numbers for anime fighters).
    So I'll say this game is doing good. Not SF4 and Marvel 3 good, but it's doing better than the average anime fighter, that's for sure.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    *wrong thread*
    Dunno about Yosuke, but Mitsuru definitely doesn't beat Yu, that match is pretty dead even

I know the matchup list will 99.9% disagree with me on this, but after the Kanji and Akihiko I was fighting tonight where if I missed one attack (or sometimes before I could even hit a button) and wound up taking 6k damage with literally nothing I could do about it short of Bursting, I'm starting to question Yu having an advantage, lol.
    Kanji does too much damage with nothing..not to offend any Kanji players, but simple combo will do 5k lol. akihiko is pretty damaging in the right hands as well.
  • CelerityCelerity Professional Necrodancer Joined: Posts: 798
    I actually think Yu is Kanji's best matchup, perhaps Kanji's only 6-4 and Yu's only 4-6. Yu simply doesn't do enough damage, especially with the low meter gain vs Kanji, and his mixups aren't threatening enough. Kanji's DP eats Yu's face and his AA game beats a lot of Yu's other options. Meanwhile, Yu's standard reversal shenanigans are not very effective. But yeah, this is definitely one of the matchups where the "main character weaknesses" work against him.
    (P4AU) Marie :::: (UNIEL) Vatista :::: (BB) Izayoi/Rachel :::: (USF4) Juri
    I must be playing Kanji all wrong because I never thought he had advantage in that matchup. Sure vs a sloppy player you can punish, but Narukami has range and pressure for days against Kanji, in my experience.