MLP: Fighting Is Magic - A Fighting game for manly men only (New characters from MLP creator?!)

Comments

• Elbandido321Elbandido321 Joined: Posts: 183
    Awesomeness rarity!
    Whats up with opal attacking Rarity is that going to be a time out lose or wining pose thing?
    http://www.mane6.com/2012/06/bite-size-update-week-5.html

I hope we get gameplay footage soon like a trailer or montage.
    ·
  • Jay WrightJay Wright Fighting Pony Person Joined: Posts: 77
    Awesomeness rarity!
    Whats up with opal attacking Rarity is that going to be a time out lose or wining pose thing?
    http://www.mane6.com/2012/06/bite-size-update-week-5.html

I hope we get gameplay footage soon like a trailer or montage.
    Who knows!
    Oh yeah, I do! Remember this is a BSU. some of this stuff is like 10 months old. We've completely overhauled Rarity from our first pass too. Sometimes the sketch is just a sketch of an idea with no purprose, sometimes it gets REpurposed. As for Opal, can't really say yet.

We hope to get a livestream or some footage out soon, but it's truly been a few weeks of engine cleaning.
    ·
    Oh I'm actually curious how Sugercube Corner will look too, stages are looking awesome defiantly with the first bite-sized update with the new and improved twilight stage.
    ·
    Oh I'm actually curious how Sugercube Corner will look too, stages are looking awesome defiantly with the first bite-sized update with the new and improved twilight stage.
    Yeah the twi one was one I spent a bit of time working into parallax and adding magical lighting from elosandes flats. He's been working on the other stages but the next step is to really cut them up and start playing which I haven't had a chance to do yet! So many things on the list of things to do...
    ·
  • TrioxTriox XBL: MLP Triox; PC: Triox404 Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭
    Yes, frame 4 of Rarity's standing heavy animation is a major plot reveal.

Odd you mention frame data since I asked you guys about that a few days ago. :P
    ·
    Odd you mention frame data since I asked you guys about that a few days ago. :P
    Well technically that's just frame 4 of the gif :P

We aren't sure whether we'll do frame data or not. I mean it's one of things that won't be relevant until literally the day of release, and by then Ithink we'll all want to take a year long vacation rather than do a frame data list! We'll see though.
    ·
    Well technically that's just frame 4 of the gif :P

We aren't sure whether we'll do frame data or not. I mean it's one of things that won't be relevant until literally the day of release, and by then Ithink we'll all want to take a year long vacation rather than do a frame data list! We'll see though.

You could always just let me in the beta and I can learn how to count frames. :)

also......"Derpy wait your turn"
    ·
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Unstable Catalyst of Hype Joined: Posts: 184
    SO hyped for this game, I can't wait to combo the cupcake batter outta peepz with Pinkie Pie, The Legend.
    Current Goal: Working as many jobs as I can, while trying to balance money between important goals and maintaining sanity.

PSN: ForsakenM
    3DS FC: 5301-0968-5196, ForsakenM~

UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNSR: Not quite sure yet!; MKX: So many good choices!
    ·
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Twilight Sparkle concept art, damnitt!!
    No more pony fanfics. I stream every day since I have no life. Watch it now, slut!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
  • Adrian GordonAdrian Gordon Joined: Posts: 35
    Delicate topic, whut? Either you like it, or you don't and you stfu and move on, ain't nobody forcing someone to play it.

I can't wait for this personally, it's gonna be hella fun. I've worked briefly with the engine they are using as well so I know what a pig it can be, the results they've gotten from it are astounding.
    Deal with it.
    ·
  • JoppaloweJoppalowe Tonight. You. Joined: Posts: 73
    Low Tier Legend / God Tier Gimmick
    2012AE: Juri and El Fuerte
    3S: Remy, Q, Urien
    ·
    Hopefully me!
    Jay you troll XD you have to go you are part of the Devteam.
    Oh man first ever tournament of the game, it probably may still not be fully ready for tournaments but I'm hyped to see some footage of non-dev/testers getting there hands on it. At the same time the 4 character may be more complete so who knows. I do hope we still get a trailer or something before the event.
    ·
    Jay you troll XD you have to go you are part of the Devteam.
    Oh man first ever tournament of the game, it probably may still not be fully ready for tournaments but I'm hyped to see some footage of non-dev/testers getting there hands on it. At the same time the 4 character may be more complete so who knows. I do hope we still get a trailer or something before the event.
    Hey I wasn't trolling! I'm in New Zealand, it's at least a couple of thousand bucks just for plane tickets. So "hopefully" is about as true as I can get!
    ·
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XD

Boobologist Ph.D
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,767 mod
    MLP:FiM at EVO?

Yuuuuuuuuuuup. (⌐■_■)

(edit: Can I go?

Noooooooope. ( -_-) )
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • PfhorPfhor I play anime Joined: Posts: 81
    I'M GOING INNNNN at evooooo. Give me Twilight combos plz.
    ·
    I'M GOING INNNNN at evooooo. Give me Twilight combos plz.
    I can't give you specific combos but I can tell you that if you chain together moves in such a way that the hit stun of the opponent after being hit by an attack is greater than or equal to the time it takes for your attacks to complete their startup animations and the attacking hitbox connects with the opponents hitbox then you will DEFINITELY be performing a combo.
    ·
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,091 admin
    MLP @ EVO 2012!

GET HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Shoryuken.com
    ·
  • PfhorPfhor I play anime Joined: Posts: 81
    I can't give you specific combos but I can tell you that if you chain together moves in such a way that the hit stun of the opponent after being hit by an attack is greater than or equal to the time it takes for your attacks to complete their startup animations and the attacking hitbox connects with the opponents hitbox then you will DEFINITELY be performing a combo.

Good to know you've improved the game from the pre pre pre pre pre alpha applejack mirrors
    ·
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa ?!
    What's going on?
    Wait MLP @ EVO ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    SON OF A GUN NOW I REGRET NOT GOING!!!!
    ·
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    First KoF gets bomb ass shirts and now this?

Despite being stuck at home for that weekend, I'm seriously excited for everyone who will get the chance to play FiM at EVO.
    ·
    Wait, it's going to be at Evo?!
    Noooooooooooo, why did I turn down that sponsorship?!?!?!?
    dsklfjks;fjkj;klsf;lkasdjf;lkdj;kflf;kljk;lfdf

Go to college, they said. Save up money, they said!
    No more pony fanfics. I stream every day since I have no life. Watch it now, slut!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
  • xblueblastxxxblueblastxx Joined: Posts: 196
    "Ahem"

Yes, Yes
    ·
  • ShigShig Joined: Posts: 459
    Are you guys going to record footage from people playing this at EVO?
    ·
  • Bloo KazooBloo Kazoo Joined: Posts: 41
    Chances are they will, and if they don't, someone else will, and that will find its way to youtube. There's also the Pon-E3 stream, which isn't a "livestream" but a "stream". So either its footage from EVO with Q and A in the chat, or something else.
    ·
  • SaikoJoshSaikoJosh CRUNCH TIME Joined: Posts: 694
    Here's an idea why don't you take this stupid bullshit you're making and expand it into an all-Hasbro crossover fighter. You could have your dumb gay idiot ponies fighting Optimus Prime on a Battleship stage. or Mr. Potato Head against Rich Uncle Pennybags. Why stop at your fucking retarded ponies, come on you know this idea has potential.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    BIG THUG NUTZ
    ·
  • ph00tbagph00tbag Joined: Posts: 96
    How would Chuck be implemented? Last I checked, he can't jump.

Or block.

Or punch.
    ·
  • Sinistar71Sinistar71 The Flowchart Mozart Joined: Posts: 283
    Sega got the Daytona car in a fighting game...
    BEWARE...I LIVE
    ·
  • PsychoJoshPsychoJosh CRUNCH TIME Joined: Posts: 3,145
    How would Chuck be implemented? Last I checked, he can't jump.

Or block.

Or punch.

He could punch with his front wheels, or spin around on his axels. He sideswipe his opponent or he could even dump his load for a multi-hitting QCB attack.
    BIG THUG NUTZ
    ·
    None of us are going! But maybe someone will :) We are pretty much hands off, we gonna let people just explore it.
    ·
    Sega got the Daytona car in a fighting game...
    Hell yeah!
    Now Sega has got them All-Star racing games.
    Spoiler:

I am kind of sad for missing Evo for not playing the MLP fighter, but I'm hoping I'll have another chance in the future!!!
    I heard there was going to be a brony con in Texas soon.
    WILL YOU GUYS BRING THE GAME SO WE CAN ALL PLAY IT?!?!?

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
    I heard there was going to be a brony con in Texas soon.
    WILL YOU GUYS BRING THE GAME SO WE CAN ALL PLAY IT?!?!?

Really in Texas if so I'm so going
    ·
    Really in Texas if so I'm so going
    http://bronyfanfair.com/ - source.

And the day of my boxing match, how sweet...

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
    PARTY.MOV is out!!!

Would post here even though it's kinda graphic.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ·
    More importantly, FiW7 is out.
    ·
    More importantly, FiW7 is out.
    I google'd that, didn't know what it was.

After 3 clicks, I ran into this.

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
    *sigh*

Uncultured swine.
    ·
  • VirtuaroidPonyVirtuaroidPony Awaits Virtual On Sequel Joined: Posts: 8
    Splash art of Blazblue's most feared pony of them all.

the White Void and the Just Pony, coming to Super Fighting is Magic - 2015 Arcade Edition!!
    Spoiler:
    ·
    *sigh*

*video*

Uncultured swine.
    WHAT IS THIS?!?!? WTF!!!
    I don't understand what is happening here!!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
    WHAT IS THIS?!?!? WTF!!!
    I don't understand what is happening here!!
    It's a bit easier to understand if you've watched the previous six episodes.
    ·
    It's a bit easier to understand if you've watched the previous six episodes.
    Who does Twilight's voice?
    I WANT TO STALK HER!!

Twilight Sparkle...
    If only there was a way...
    I'LL MAKE WAY!!!!

sadfojs;fdsklfskl;fjkl;sdafkjl;jfi;lasjf;lsdf

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
    RD has the worst voice on FiW =/
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ·
  • SonOfTheNortheSonOfTheNorthe Joined: Posts: 35
    I'm calling it now. Today's BSU is going to be a Twilight one.
    ·
    What's BSU?
    I only care because it involves Twilight.
    FILL ME IN NOW!!!!

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,767 mod
    *sigh*
    Raincloud = best Deus Ex Machina ever.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·

Good news/Bad news everyone. The good news is that we are not doing a BSU this week. And the bad news is that we are putting some extra stuff into the EVO build that's not just minute changes to existing moves!! It's been a long weekend of work including a power outage for half a day for two of our team..

Anyway, Evo build has a lil' somethin somethin and we'll try get up some cool stuff to look at for next week.
    ·
  • JoppaloweJoppalowe Tonight. You. Joined: Posts: 73
    *sigh*

Uncultured swine.
    I can't stop listening to this...

There must be a full length version somewhere...
    Low Tier Legend / God Tier Gimmick
    2012AE: Juri and El Fuerte
    3S: Remy, Q, Urien
    ·
    Finally saw PARTY.MOV

I dunno, I don't really find them funny.
    I feel like at times the dude tries WAY to hard to be funny by making something really gross as possible or try to find some sort of shock value, when in the end it came out as "meh".
    But I did laugh at the warning label on the alcohol.

"Caution: do not apply to open flame. do not apply to flame or heat. Do not give to babies unless you are really bored or something I don't know. that might be funny I guess. a drunk baby. he would be like oh man goo goo ga ga i'm so wasted. I'm going to puke my strained peas all over my crib lolololo"

www.twitch.tv/gumms
    ·