Sub 1 frame HDTV/Monitor Input Lag Database

Comments

• TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    I don't know what you mean
  • AmerikaAmerika Something witty here. Joined: Posts: 414
    He means this: "It comes with both a European plug and a US plug adapter." Which is written on http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1059820-REG/sony_kdl_32w700b_32_1080p_multi_system.html which is the only place in the US to get this TV. I don't know what his issue is honestly. It says quite clearly that it comes with the adapter you'd need.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 310
    http://www.110220volts.com/KDL-32W700.html?gclid=COvjkdbE1cMCFUHl7Aodf2QAhQ

also with this site is the model number ok. ith 32w700 but doesn't have the b (32w700)
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

• AmerikaAmerika Something witty here. Joined: Posts: 414
    edited February 2015
    That site says the TV comes with a free USA plug adapter on the side.
    Post edited by Amerika on
    STK wrote: »
    http://www.110220volts.com/KDL-32W700.html?gclid=COvjkdbE1cMCFUHl7Aodf2QAhQ

also with this site is the model number ok. ith 32w700 but doesn't have the b (32w700)
    what about the model number difference here^

what is too high for lag on the leo scale?

Too high is lag that you personally notice and it bothers you enough to find something lower
    ok. what is the highest number on the leo scale i should look out for? i know 14ms of input is good. what is the highest ms of input before it starts to lag?

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,211
    STK wrote: »
    ok. what is the highest number on the leo scale i should look out for? i know 14ms of input is good. what is the highest ms of input before it starts to lag?
    All displays lag to a degree. All circuits do.
    Electrons in the wiring is going significantly slower than the speed of light, which is not instantaneous.

CRT screens are the Holy Grail video display in terms of input lag, color reproduction and the wonders of analog technology that can fudge video input to make images work.
    CRT screens can also support multiple resolutions.

All flat panel screens LCD and Plasma have 1 native screen resolution, the display's image processor has to scale that image to fit the display.
    If a video input is too far out of spec a digital display will refuse to display the image.

What you need to look for in terms of input lag is the lower number in MS the better.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • Mr__CHUCKLESMr__CHUCKLES Joined: Posts: 239
    I got a samsung 46inch model: ln46b550k1fxza.. Says 6mms? But also comes with game mode.. Any input on this? I use it for ps3 (usf4 mainly) ps4 (cod aw, usf4 other games)
    Where does it say 6ms?
    Response time isn't input lag.
    Okay. What should i be looking at then? I want to upgrade to a better tv (maybe end of the yewr) for gaming but if this one does a decent job then ill stick with it till it dies.
  • BetaWolfBetaWolf Eternal Lurker Joined: Posts: 168
    Input lag isn't disclosed by the manufacturer, and you're pretty much at the mercy of what models people happen to test. I always use http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ as a reference.
    Well what do you want out of a new TV that yours doesn't have? Feel it's laggy? then look at displaylag.com or other sites that properly review TV's/monitors and show the input lag.
    I was comparing it to the tv in our living room and it feels lil laggy compared to it. Don't know the model number top of my head nor full specs. Buts it's a samsun 1080p 240hz native 52inch
    I was comparing it to the tv in our living room and it feels lil laggy compared to it. Don't know the model number top of my head nor full specs. Buts it's a samsun 1080p 240hz native 52inch
    Try here http://www.displaylag.com/
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 487
    Im having trouble finding input lag numbers for BenQ GL2460HM. My primary gaming tv burned out this weekend so i wanted to replace it with a monitor. It will be primarily used for fighting games. Wanted something in the 24" range under $140. I checked the first page of this thread and acouple of lag input data bases with not luck.
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Im having trouble finding input lag numbers for BenQ GL2460HM. My primary gaming tv burned out this weekend so i wanted to replace it with a monitor. It will be primarily used for fighting games. Wanted something in the 24" range under $140. I checked the first page of this thread and acouple of lag input data bases with not luck.

There are Asus monitors with in the size, price range, lag score you are looking for
    Yeah, it is between the ASUS VS238H-P 23" and BenQ GL2460HM. Its between those two really. Unless a sale happens for valentines day. So i might wait just to see whats up. Maybe i find out what im looking for on the benq. More than likely these two monitors are very similar in lag input.
    BenQ GL2460 is on displaylag.com, HM version has built in speakers.
    edited February 2016
    I only see the GL2450, maybe those two are similar enough though

Untitled_zps10u9o3jz.png
    Post edited by DEZALB on
    BenQ GL2460 has no hdmi or speakers, BenQ GL2460HM has hdmi and speakers, that's the difference.
    i still dont see GL2460 anywhere on the lagtest site, only GL2450.

but i found this in a product description on one of the test sites

"The BenQ GL2460HM is a solid gaming monitor as well, thanks to the quick 2ms (gray-to-gray) pixel response and 10,5ms input lag (measured using Leo Bodnar Video Signal Lag Tester), users will get to enjoy smooth gaming experience with this display and fire commands in the keyboard with faster monitor response....."

Oh sorry yeah thought it said GL2460.
  • mookie3threemookie3three Joined: Posts: 6
    Anyone know if the Benq GW2760hm has decent input lag? Seems the 2750hm is very good.
    Anyone know if the Benq GW2760hm has decent input lag? Seems the 2750hm is very good.

Look up displaylag.com
    Darksakul wrote: »

Look up displaylag.com

It's not listed on there
    Could be too new, its not even widely available globally yet
    Mookie- if your looking for a 27" benq go with the BenQ GL2760H same as the GL246h 10ms input lag

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZBIMLK/ref=twister_B00XUFL6NM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Mookie- if your looking for a 27" benq go with the BenQ GL2760H same as the GL246h 10ms input lag

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZBIMLK/ref=twister_B00XUFL6NM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ok thanks. The Gl2760h is about $50 more in Australia but I guess if there is no data on the GW2760hm then it's worth it to know it's sub 1 frame lag. Cheers
    This small portable gaming monitor reported under a frame of lag with the Leo Bodnar.
    https://gaemspge.com/m155-personal-gaming-monitor.html
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,832
    edited April 2016
    That's 19 ms at the bottom of the screen?? If that's on top of the original 16.7 ms it takes to draw a screen then that's an entire extra frame of lag. If that includes the 16.7 ms then it's only an additional 2 ms on top of the 17 it takes for a screen to render from to to bottom.
    Post edited by Moonchilde on
    Ok I just checked. Bare minimum the device will report is 16.7 ms at the bottom of the screen. This display only has an additional 2 ms of lag. That's really good! That's way under a frame. Someone really needs to update the definition of lag, because people will assume 19 ms as being over a frame, when a reading of 19 ms is really 2 ms of lag. Need to always subtract the original frame being drawn from what's read at the bottom of the screen.
    Moonchilde wrote: »
    Ok I just checked. Bare minimum the device will report is 16.7 ms at the bottom of the screen. This display only has an additional 2 ms of lag. That's really good! That's way under a frame. Someone really needs to update the definition of lag, because people will assume 19 ms as being over a frame, when a reading of 19 ms is really 2 ms of lag. Need to always subtract the original frame being drawn from what's read at the bottom of the screen.

That is why you always take 3 readings, Top, Middle and Bottom. As you go from top to bottom the readings get longer.
  • JannodudeJannodude Joined: Posts: 241
    edited April 2016
    For a 27" Monitor, I use the ASUS MX279H, I see it sometimes as low as $230.. On the displaylag.com, it's rated at 09ms. The BenQ noted by @DEZALB is a better deal though!
    I been telling people go for the Ben Q for months now.
    Darksakul wrote: »

That is why you always take 3 readings, Top, Middle and Bottom. As you go from top to bottom the readings get longer.

A lot of people read the middle and simply tell people that number is the input lag. Reading that, I would assume that's on top of the original 16.7 ms. If the middle of the screen is 12 ms then the input lag should be somewhere around 2 to 4 ms. Right now, Sabin is tweeting to people it's 12 ms of input lag, when the reality is it's much better than that. The bottom is probably the more accurate of the 3 since that's the entire screen being drawn, then just subtract 16.7 from that number and you have your lag.
    Display lag dot com states they take the average the readings of all three bars. http://www.displaylag.com/testing-method/
    The tester presents 3 flashing bars on the top, middle, and bottom of the screen. Displays marked with “AVG” are calculated using the average of all 3 bars.

OK, but the average of 16.7 would still need to be subtracted from the readings.
    OK, but the average of 16.7 would still need to be subtracted from the readings.
    Oh I agree, I wasn't trying to contest that.

I was just saying Display lag dot com takes 3 readings, top middle and bottom and get the average
    What ever number they get left you take away 16.7 for the final reading.
    Going by DL's method they'd want to subtract 8.35 from their average readings. Still, the easiest and still accurate way would be to simply take a reading at the bottom and subtract 16.7 from it.

For plasma I don't know what method they'd want to use. Plasma pulses the frame all at once according to what I've read, but I suppose if you want a like for like comparison to CRT you'd still subtract 16.7 ms from the display. According to what I've read at least, a plasma should have the same reading on all 3 regions. I wonder if it's the same for OLED, considering OLED is most similar to plasma, in many ways, even when it comes to image retention...
    Going by DL's method they'd want to subtract 8.35 from their average readings. Still, the easiest and still accurate way would be to simply take a reading at the bottom and subtract 16.7 from it.

For plasma I don't know what method they'd want to use. Plasma pulses the frame all at once according to what I've read, but I suppose if you want a like for like comparison to CRT you'd still subtract 16.7 ms from the display. According to what I've read at least, a plasma should have the same reading on all 3 regions. I wonder if it's the same for OLED, considering OLED is most similar to plasma, in many ways, even when it comes to image retention...

Can you show me where you got that 8.35 from as I am not seeing it.

As for Plasmas, plasma screens pulse several times in a single frame while the light source from a LCD is constant and the image changes with a wipe from top to bottom, almost like a scan.
    I don't know if OLED screens changes with a LCD like scan or is the whole screen drawn at once?

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag

I belie you also have to take account for response time and subtract that also from your reading.
    8.35 ms is the centre of a screen refresh and also the average of 0+8.35+16.7/3. Yours need the base average of a single frame subtracted from the agave of the readings.
  • gigabytegigabyte Joined: Posts: 617
    Is BenQ RL2460HT the current standard monitor choice for tournaments?
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 155
    I can't find any info on lag with my DLP television, can anyone help ? It has a game mode I set it to.

TV model is:
    Samsung HL56A650 56-inch 1080p DLP TV
    edited June 2016
    gigabyte wrote: »
    Is BenQ RL2460HT the current standard monitor choice for tournaments?
    Sort of, the BenQ RL2460HT is the current monitor that was licensed by Evo as the Evo Monitor of choice.

But I recommend the BenQ RL2455HM over the RL2460HT as its cheaper model with the exact same performance.
    It lacks the HDMI out (just get a splitter) and the Fight Mode which is more of a gimmick than a needed feature.

I can't find any info on lag with my DLP television, can anyone help ? It has a game mode I set it to.

TV model is:
    Samsung HL56A650 56-inch 1080p DLP TV
    Try Displaylag.com
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 155
    @darksakul, thats what I mean, displaylag.com has no research or information .
  • karduskardus Joined: Posts: 100
    What are the go-to benq displays that also do 120/144hz (24")?

It seems like the display lag site is missing quite a few models, some of which I know for a fact perform similarly to the 60hz RL2455HM etc.