Sub 1 frame HDTV/Monitor Input Lag Database

Comments

• GeForceFXGeForceFX Joined: Posts: 50
    Why is something like Ut50 not even listed as 16ms, even though its a well known fact|?
    What I want? Thats easy. To be like Sako. <(^.^<)
  • RampageRampage Join Date: Mar 2010 Joined: Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is something like Ut50 not even listed as 16ms, even though its a well known fact|?

Nobody has posted a link to the model and what testing has been done to confirm it. If you could do that, it would undoubtedly be appreciated by everyone involved. To be blunt, without any of that information your post just comes across as pretentious and, well, ultimately useless.

The first post gets updated as soon as information is made available, but we can't expect SaveFighting to find every suitable model. This is a communal effort to attempt to create a resource that we can all benefit from. We would love to have as much information as possible, and if you post some further details in here, I'm sure it will be added to the first post in as timely a manner as possible (pending verification of testing, etc.).
  • BartStationBartStation Only 1 shade of Grey. Joined: Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I recently bought a Samsung UN32H4003v and tested it with Rockband Blitz in game mode. I did 3 different tests with the calibration wizard.
    Tests:
    • 1. 14ms
    • 2. 16ms
    • 3. 3ms
    Average of those times is 11ms so it is acceptable.
    I suggest to download the demo and test your lag.
    Wu-Tang taught me 3 things: protect my neck, watch my step, and they ain't nothing to F with.
    SRKSale / TWITCH
  • WilliamGWilliamG Joined: Posts: 5
  • Majin TCZMajin TCZ Absolute Awareness.. Joined: Posts: 143
    The first page hasn't been updated with current models in a while.

I'm in serious need of a 32 inch for my cabinet since my LG is dead.

Anyone have any info on a current 32 inch with low input lag. I really dont want to take a shot in the dark on a random tv.
    Embrace the Shin....it is your friend!

My Photography Website
    My Photography Blog
    Nobody has posted a link to the model and what testing has been done to confirm it. If you could do that, it would undoubtedly be appreciated by everyone involved. To be blunt, without any of that information your post just comes across as pretentious and, well, ultimately useless.

The first post gets updated as soon as information is made available, but we can't expect SaveFighting to find every suitable model. This is a communal effort to attempt to create a resource that we can all benefit from. We would love to have as much information as possible, and if you post some further details in here, I'm sure it will be added to the first post in as timely a manner as possible (pending verification of testing, etc.).
    Oh. Oops. sorry. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p42ut50b-p50ut50b-201209252218.htm?page=Performance Here you go. Didn't want to be mean :<
  • nvmisfitnvmisfit Joined: Posts: 3
    Good news! The portable device that Leo Bodnar was working on to test input lag and response time of any LCD screen with HDMI input is now available to purchase on his website! I just ordered mine and will update this forum on how well it works once I've gotten it. It's kind of pricey at $110.17 not including shipping from the UK but if it works as advertised I think it will be worth it to have it. It will practically fit in your pocket and uses only 2 AA batteries! It also supposedly has better than 1 millisecond accuracy. I hope it works! Here's a link to the website where you can purchase it:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89&products_id=212

I'm going to be using this device a lot once I get it! It will beat lugging a laptop and camera around to test TV's with!

I'll try and post as much test results I get with all the currently sold TV's in my local Best Buy, Target, and any other store I can get to. Of course I'll be testing the device's accuracy on my own TV's that I've tested against a CRT with before that to verify that it works like it should.
    Good news! The portable device that Leo Bodnar was working on to test input lag and response time of any LCD screen with HDMI input is now available to purchase on his website! I just ordered mine and will update this forum on how well it works once I've gotten it. It's kind of pricey at $110.17 not including shipping from the UK but if it works as advertised I think it will be worth it to have it. It will practically fit in your pocket and uses only 2 AA batteries! It also supposedly has better than 1 millisecond accuracy. I hope it works! Here's a link to the website where you can purchase it:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89&products_id=212

I'm going to be using this device a lot once I get it! It will beat lugging a laptop and camera around to test TV's with!

I'll try and post as much test results I get with all the currently sold TV's in my local Best Buy, Target, and any other store I can get to. Of course I'll be testing the device's accuracy on my own TV's that I've tested against a CRT with before that to verify that it works like it should.
    That's great news - I'm putting in my order now. I hope it works as advertised. Please do let us know your findings with the results this gives vs what you found using the old methods. I'll be testing it too against my VH236Hs as soon as my tester comes in.

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

edit: Order #628. Shipped via FedEX/UPS ($55 extra - ouch. Better than it being "lost" in the mail here - aka customs holding it indefinitely or just outright stealing it. Living in paradise is a bitch. :lol:).
    If I get mine within the next week or so, I'll be testing every device in my house and reporting any sub-16ms devices that I find.
  • EpedemicEpedemic Epedemic Optikz Joined: Posts: 183
    I picked up the VS278Q-P and on first notice, i don't really feel any lag. I'm pretty sensitive to that and if you guys want reference, I've done all the trials for SF4x2/SSF4x3/SFxT/UMVC3/MVC3 with a pad so I'd like to say i know what it feels like lol. Anyways I'd like to test the input lag but I don't have a crt monitor nor do I want to spend $110 on some device but if anyone has any easier way to detect it, let me know and i'll post up some results. This is a TN panel though so if it does have any sort of lag, it's less than or about 1 frame.
  • DuckReconMajorDuckReconMajor Joined: Posts: 5

The link doesn't work for me. I get "[SIZE=11px]Sorry, the product was not found."[/SIZE]
    The link doesn't work for me. I get "[SIZE=11px]Sorry, the product was not found."[/SIZE]
    I'm getting the same thing now.
    My order has not been cancelled or anything though (it still says "Processing"). Hopefully this doesn't mean they outsold their available stock, or that it went live erroneously.

I'll update in here when I get any other information about my order.
    I don't think it was erroneous, as I got an email this morning saying they were on sale (which I assume nvmisfit got as well).
  • MtlTomMtlTom Hold it downback Joined: Posts: 28
    Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic VIERA TC-L42E50 42-Inch? I've heard good things about Panasonic in general & this series but can't seem to find anything on this model.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00752R9PK/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭

Haha, I came in here to give you guys a heads up about this :D Glad the word is spreading!
    -ud
    They emailed me back asking for a contact number to give to the courier, and said they have already scheduled the shipping. I'll let you know how it goes once it arrives :D :rock:
  • noodallsnoodalls Joined: Posts: 260
    Ordered mine as well, just shipped.
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 256

Good luck with doing tests on TV's available in stores! hopefully they would let you do this and the community would at least have a good base point for currently available sets with low input lag, provided of course if the results from this tester is up to snuff. I am still trying to get me a TC-L32X1 since I have seen some pop up in CL but they get bought out too quickly. Hopefully there's a new TV that's up to par.
  • MiyaDVMiyaDV Joined: Posts: 5
    Anyone have experince with this monitor, or could tell me if it's good for gaming?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2440l.htm

It just came out a few months ago. It's one of the few monitors I can get in this pricerange.

My requirements were: no PWM flickering, or a LCD. True 8bit without dithering, 1080p

It looks like it has fast response time, but they mention an issue with "overshoot" or something about fast paced scenes. Would this be a problem in fighters?
  • ZapfZapf Joined: Posts: 543
    I got this from shmups forum w/r/t the lag tester:
    Quick Tests

Lag Test output @1080p :
    (LCD TV) KDL-32D3000 (game mode off) : 71~72 ms
    (LCD TV) KDL-32D3000 (game mode on) : 49~50 ms
    (LCD TV) KDL-32D3000 + HDFURY : unsupported signal :(
    (LCD TV) KDL-32D3000 + HDFURY + GEFEN VGA/DVI (NATIVE > XGA) : 52~53 ms
    (LCD TV) KDL-32D3000 + HDFURY + GEFEN VGA/DVI (@480p GAME MODE OFF) : 86~87ms @ Gefen 480p
    (LCD TV) KDL-32D3000 + HDFURY + GEFEN VGA/DVI (@480p GAME MODE ON) : 66~67ms @ Gefen 480p
    (LCD PC) BenQ XL2420T : 11,4~11,5 ms
    (LCD PC) BenQ XL2420T + HDFURY1 : 10,8~11 ms
    (PROJECTOR) SP-A600B : 33,7 ms
    (PROJECTOR) SP-A600B + HDFURY1 : 36-37 ms

For information, XL2420T was measured by tftcentral.co.uk @13ms. They used this method > http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/input_lag.htm

So yeah, it's seems to works very well :).

So, if anyone wants to test it against a monitor that was tested using prad.de's oscilloscope method, that would be highly valuable as well. I think evo monitor got (re)tested that way, maybe the dell ultrasharp?
  • ZapfZapf Joined: Posts: 543
    Anyone have experince with this monitor, or could tell me if it's good for gaming?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2440l.htm

It just came out a few months ago. It's one of the few monitors I can get in this pricerange.

My requirements were: no PWM flickering, or a LCD. True 8bit without dithering, 1080p

It looks like it has fast response time, but they mention an issue with "overshoot" or something about fast paced scenes. Would this be a problem in fighters?

I'm seeing the dell ultrasharp 23 and 24 inch monitors at a price point very close the s2440l on amazon and other sites, in case you were only looking at dell's site.
  • JayTJayT Joined: Posts: 8
    Anybody have experience with the Samsung S22B350H or the LG E2442TC? Both of these models will be going on sale during Boxing Day and I'm hoping to get one of these if they're good.
  • Sweaty ScrotumSweaty Scrotum Joined: Posts: 18
    Is the BenQ GW2750HM a good choice purely for gaming?

It's a good price for a 27" and has only 6ms input lag and is supposedly a nice picture, but I'm concerned about ghosting during fast paced games, with it being an AMVA rather than TN panel.

Does anybody have hands on experience with this model?
  • grundiangrundian Joined: Posts: 3
    Hello all! First post here, but I have lurked this thread for a longgggggg while, I think since 2009, but the OP seems to be in 2011 so I may be wrong, and recently purchased the aforementioned Leo Bodnar Lag Tester as soon as I heard it was available. It was delivered yesterday, surprising since I ordered it somewhat late in the week, live in the Southeast United States, and it shipped from the UK.

Here are the results from my test on my own displays, please excuse the awful iPhone photography, the device works by holding down a button and it's hard for my clumsy self to do that while taking a picture!

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM - http://i.imgur.com/5VcYW.jpg
    Panasonic TC-L32C3 - http://i.imgur.com/HdUNB.jpg

Now that seems like an accurate number for the Dell, based on what I've read, but the Panasonic seems reallyyyyyyy freaking low. I do have Game Mode on, but still. I've taken several tests and it doesn't really budge, either!

After the Christmas rush at the stores clear out, I hope to talk some of the managers at a local Best Buy or Wal Mart here into letting me use it on their display models. I'd also really like to find an old Sony or Samsung CRT HDTV just to see what it says.
    snip.

Thanks for the input. That Panasonic seems exceptionally low, though. I'll be testing it against against my VH236H so we can see how accurate it is versus the SMTT methods anyway.
  • grundiangrundian Joined: Posts: 3
    Actually, I messed around a little more and found out it wasn't in game mode. Turning that on brought it down to 0.7ms.
    Now, I'm as skeptical as you are. I use the Dell every day as a computer monitor and I don't notice any lag on it, doing anything.
    I tested the Panny multiple times, I even went to family's house and tested their various TVs (Didn't get a picture/model # though) My mother's brand new Toshiba was 45ms. My father's big 5 year old Sony was about 62ms.

I'm trying to think of a reason why the Panny's numbers might read artificially lower. I did buy the 1080p tester model, and the Panasonic is 720p, but the tester's own website says on its page that this should not affect anything with regards to testing.
    "Note:Standard resolution output is 1080p @ 60Hz. We have found through our own basic testing that the input lag does not appear to change regardless of the output resolution however some customers have requested they would like the device to output 720p to test screens for PS3 or Xbox360 usage. If you require 720p please select it from the drop down menu below. The device at present can only be programmed by ourselves so if you require a change in resolution you can return it to us and we will do this free of charge."
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭
    I was tempted to buy the Asus VH236H, but after reading some reviews the image quality leaves much to be desired. And maybe a 23" would be a little too big. Also, Asus monitors seem to have a lot of malfunctioning

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-236-059&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=3&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

Anybody knows of a 21" or 22" with low input lag (for fighting games) and HDMI?
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • noodallsnoodalls Joined: Posts: 260
    Got my Leo Bodnar testing box today. Impressions are - no HDMI cable in the box (not a big deal) plastic smell like when i cut my HRAP3, no batteries included (needs AAx2).

Connected to HDMI, hold button to get results.

Tested on my 40inch sony, bought prior to knowing about input lag, >5y old now - 56msec. Interestingly though, there are three patches on the screen where you can test, but the results vary for each patch.

Tested on the PS3 3d monitor. Top of screen ~28 msec, middle of screen ~32msec, bottom of screen ~35msec.

Would be nice if they included an average display for numbers, as despite 0.1msec accuracy, the numbers also jump around a lot.

Also, glad that I youtubed a video of my device back in Feb of this year, as the design is pretty similar.
    Has anyone here had any experience with PS51E6500 ? It seems to be around 1frame lag (and 38,3 with leo's device). Are the white popins that bad? What about the not so true blacks? Any issues with it?
  • EeZeEpEeEeZeEpEe Joined: Posts: 5
    I was tempted to buy the Asus VH236H, but after reading some reviews the image quality leaves much to be desired. And maybe a 23" would be a little too big. Also, Asus monitors seem to have a lot of malfunctioning

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-236-059&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=3&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

Anybody knows of a 21" or 22" with low input lag (for fighting games) and HDMI?
    I think 10% being 3, 2, and 1 star rating combined sounds not that bad. I've only had mine for 4 months but no malfunctions so far.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
  • SuperJPSuperJP Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys, first post. I've been lurking for about 2 weeks, reading a lot since i was about to sell my old 32 inch LCD to buy a better tv for gaming. After buying a 32 inch LED tv (Vizio) turns out the input lag was about the same as my old tv even in game mode (20-30 ms). After more and more reading i decided to go the monitor route. I went with the BenQ GW2750 and i'm really pleased with the monitor. I use it primarily for Xbox gaming, Halo 4, Battlefield, Gears and NBA 2k12 mainly. The monitor has absolutely no ghosting when in AMVA premium mode (which doesnt affect input lag at all) and looks amazing at both 720p and 1080p. Just wanted to let you guys know in case some of you were looking for a monitor for console gaming but afraid to pull the trigger. One last thing: I'm really sensitive to input lag as i play in a 40'' Sharp crt, so basically, i can feel the difference in input lag. This monitor feels just like my CRT and i really recommend it for gaming.
  • SuperNalgoSuperNalgo Joined: Posts: 51
    I just bought a BenQ RL2450HT for my 360. I have it hooked up via HDMI and i haven't adjusted the settings but i did remove the RTS mode. When i play at times, the screen does go black and then the image returns. Should this be happening? What are the optimal settings for this monitor? Should have I gone for the ASUS VH236H?
  • NevermoreNevermore Scrubby in disguise. Joined: Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    I just bought a BenQ RL2450HT for my 360. I have it hooked up via HDMI and i haven't adjusted the settings but i did remove the RTS mode. When i play at times, the screen does go black and then the image returns. Should this be happening? What are the optimal settings for this monitor? Should have I gone for the ASUS VH236H?

I'm shopping around for a portable fighting screen (my plasma is fine for the home), and at the local gathering place around here for fighting games people had this insane idea that the VH236h was "the best possible" monitor for fighting games just because it was used at EVO. It was used at EVO because a) it's fast and b) it's cheap. The problem is, it's ass ugly for image quality. You can find many similarly fast monitors with a much better picture for around the same price, if not very slightly more if you can't get the issues with your current monitor sorted out.
  • theaerotheaero Joined: Posts: 5
    Is there any sub-1 frame HDTVs out there that are 50"+?? Price is no object. Need something for rhythm games, and retro arcade games. Thanks!!!
    Got my Leo Bodnar testing box today. Impressions are - no HDMI cable in the box (not a big deal) plastic smell like when i cut my HRAP3, no batteries included (needs AAx2).

Connected to HDMI, hold button to get results.

Tested on my 40inch sony, bought prior to knowing about input lag, >5y old now - 56msec. Interestingly though, there are three patches on the screen where you can test, but the results vary for each patch.

Tested on the PS3 3d monitor. Top of screen ~28 msec, middle of screen ~32msec, bottom of screen ~35msec.

Would be nice if they included an average display for numbers, as despite 0.1msec accuracy, the numbers also jump around a lot.

Also, glad that I youtubed a video of my device back in Feb of this year, as the design is pretty similar.
    I'm having the same issue. Mine got here yesterday. The three patches give different results: the top one gives the lowest, the middle gives a middle range and the bottom one gives the highest amount. I'm assuming it's because the pixels update from top to bottom, but I wish the website had a guide on which one to use. Maybe we should post the results of all 3?

grundian, which white block did you use to test?
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Mine got here yesterday. The three patches give different results: the top one gives the lowest, the middle gives a middle range and the bottom one gives the highest amount. I'm assuming it's because the pixels update from top to bottom, but I wish the website had a guide on which one to use. Maybe we should post the results of all 3?

grundian, which white block did you use to test?
    Why not just average them?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know for certain why it's doing that so just taking an average might be misleading.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know for certain why it's doing that so just taking an average might be misleading.
    I think the previous poster had the right idea with displays refreshing progressively from top to bottom. But I guess that's still just a guess on our part.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
  • Ernesto ChavezErnesto Chavez Joined: Posts: 2
    Have any of you guys tested the Panasonic ST50 with Leo Bodnar lag tester?
    On another note, I'd like to do some tests myself with this TV, how can i get a copy of the SMTT 2.0 software?

Thanks in advance.
    Also interested in the ST50. Cant seem to find any rock solid data saying its 16ms
    Also interested in the ST50. Cant seem to find any rock solid data saying its 16ms
  • Ernesto ChavezErnesto Chavez Joined: Posts: 2
    I found a video with Leo Bodnar's input lag tester on the Panasonic ST50 (albeit australian version TH-P50ST50A).
    Not very promising with ~42 ms of input lag with game mode on. That's almost 3 frames. :'(

Any one else tested the US version (model TC-PXXST50) with this tester?
  • IjiwaruIjiwaru SLUT CRUSHER Joined: Posts: 183
    My experience with Panasonic's plasma line is that it doesn't matter what "Mode" it's in, but to be SURE that the "Motion Smoothing" is off. That setting removes motion blur, and makes video look like a live feed, or those soap opera cameras. It's cool for movies and games, but not for when you need strict input lag requirements like fighting games. Maybe you guys can send the youtube video's owner some questions about it.
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    Just got the device now. No instruction in it, and I noticed a miniUSB port on it. Anyone got a clue about what's that for?
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.
  • Sutter PainSutter Pain Joined: Posts: 58
    Well I was gonna go with the dell but i decided not to due to personal experience with them. I ended up getting the [SIZE=12px]AOC i2757Fh[/SIZE] and it is amazing I must say, looks and performance wise. Input lag is low I can not notice it and the colors and picture piss on my Vh236 which I had been playing on for 2 years prior.

Its a 27" ips panel and I have never been more happy with a purchase in recent memory. On sale through best buy website with free shipping for $269 is a complete steel for this panel. I believe now it is back up to $300 but still plenty worth it.

TFT central rated the input response at 5.1ms and overall it feels super fast way better then I was expecting.

I have this hooked up to a 360 via VGA cable and everything looks amazing, seriously with minor calibration this thing looks incredible.

Anyone looking into this monitor should get it if you were on the fence it is worth it.

(TFTcentral review)
    I wish it had VESA mounting holes :( That's the only dealbreaker for me, other than that it looks really nice.

I may get one for weekend lan events though. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • ShughliShughli Joined: Posts: 38
    How can no one not be mentioning Eizo foris fs-2333 in this thread? Dont You guys consider this LCD good enough for fighting games? Prad testet it with really good result with an average lag by 4,6 ms. Which seems to be one of the fastest ips LCD out there.
    http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2011/test-dell-s2330mx-teil5.html#Reaktionsverhalten

Any one has buy it and testet? Give Your words plz
    Asus VG23AH
    23 inch IPS 1920 x 1080
    Less than 8ms of input lag
    Glossy
    60hz monitor that can be tweaked to hit 76hz for PC (still not 120hz)
    Great out of box, non-calibrated colors
    3D ready (if you care about that)

Similar to the Eizo foris fs-2333 above in many tests, although half of the price (at least what I could find of the FS2333 model types; maybe it's a different model in the US).

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/gadgetry-electronics-discussion/11673-asus-vg23ah-review-semi-glossy-72hz-passive-3d-ips.html
  • SuperNalgoSuperNalgo Joined: Posts: 51
    I'm shopping around for a portable fighting screen (my plasma is fine for the home), and at the local gathering place around here for fighting games people had this insane idea that the VH236h was "the best possible" monitor for fighting games just because it was used at EVO. It was used at EVO because a) it's fast and b) it's cheap. The problem is, it's ass ugly for image quality. You can find many similarly fast monitors with a much better picture for around the same price, if not very slightly more if you can't get the issues with your current monitor sorted out.
    What does it mean if my monitor goes black at random times?
    Could be any number of issues from power supply, graphics card, shitty panel etc. If you've only experienced it when it's directly connected to a console, I don't know. Could be a bad panel, maybe something is wrong with the HDMI ports (if that's what you're using), the cable itself, or maybe there are specific OSD settings that you need to adjust when gaming at 60hz.

You may want to return it for the same model if where you purchased it from is hassle-free and see if you experience the same problem; or just wash your hands of the model altogether and get something else.

In case you have not already read this: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/audio-video#5c54cc36674c4ad4b1315e7888c8b038
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    Hello all! First post here, but I have lurked this thread for a longgggggg while, I think since 2009, but the OP seems to be in 2011 so I may be wrong, and recently purchased the aforementioned Leo Bodnar Lag Tester as soon as I heard it was available. It was delivered yesterday, surprising since I ordered it somewhat late in the week, live in the Southeast United States, and it shipped from the UK.

Here are the results from my test on my own displays, please excuse the awful iPhone photography, the device works by holding down a button and it's hard for my clumsy self to do that while taking a picture!

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM - http://i.imgur.com/5VcYW.jpg
    Panasonic TC-L32C3 - http://i.imgur.com/HdUNB.jpg

Now that seems like an accurate number for the Dell, based on what I've read, but the Panasonic seems reallyyyyyyy freaking low. I do have Game Mode on, but still. I've taken several tests and it doesn't really budge, either!

After the Christmas rush at the stores clear out, I hope to talk some of the managers at a local Best Buy or Wal Mart here into letting me use it on their display models. I'd also really like to find an old Sony or Samsung CRT HDTV just to see what it says.

I may have the same problem on the LG 37LH5000. Input lag registered doesn't show more than 3ms. The weird thing is that the device shows the same result even when not aligned with the white blinking bars. It goes back to 200ms just when I point it outside of the panel. I tried several (if not all) different settings combinations on the TV, no result.
    My Dell U2212HM is showing a solid 9.8ms on the middle bar.

I think it may have something to do with the TV not being led backlit, but what do I know? I'll try writing to the support.
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.