Sub 1 frame HDTV/Monitor Input Lag Database

Comments

• WilliamGWilliamG Joined: Posts: 5
    Well I was gonna go with the dell but i decided not to due to personal experience with them. I ended up getting the [SIZE=12px]AOC i2757Fh[/SIZE] and it is amazing I must say, looks and performance wise. Input lag is low I can not notice it and the colors and picture piss on my Vh236 which I had been playing on for 2 years prior.

Its a 27" ips panel and I have never been more happy with a purchase in recent memory. On sale through best buy website with free shipping for $269 is a complete steel for this panel. I believe now it is back up to $300 but still plenty worth it.

TFT central rated the input response at 5.1ms and overall it feels super fast way better then I was expecting.

I have this hooked up to a 360 via VGA cable and everything looks amazing, seriously with minor calibration this thing looks incredible.

Anyone looking into this monitor should get it if you were on the fence it is worth it.

(TFTcentral review)

That's a decent monitor it appears, for that kind of money. The major issues with it are no VESA mounting (which really stinks), and IPS panels lack black detail. That manifests itself as bright black areas, especially at any off-angle. I struggle with this on my new 27" iMac. I also prefer the pixel pitch of a 23" 1080p vs a 27" 1080p display. I'll stick with my VH236H, for sure, but that AOC is a decent alternative (for twice the money!).
    ·
  • CaliforniaPantsCaliforniaPants Joined: Posts: 25
    So my current TV (an old HD 27 inch sharp) is currently dying, as only the component inputs work. Its also massive. Now I'm ion the market for a new TV and figured I would look here for a lagless one, but all i can seem to find is monitors. which is fine, except that they usually dont have component ports, which i very much need. So my question is, are there any low to no lag 27 inch televisions around right now?
    ·
  • GeForceFXGeForceFX Joined: Posts: 50
    So my current TV (an old HD 27 inch sharp) is currently dying, as only the component inputs work. Its also massive. Now I'm ion the market for a new TV and figured I would look here for a lagless one, but all i can seem to find is monitors. which is fine, except that they usually dont have component ports, which i very much need. So my question is, are there any low to no lag 27 inch televisions around right now?
    I'm using a 27" IPS monitor from LG, http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/3116/7/lg-ips277l-bn-review-lgs-latest-generation-ips-monitor-test-results-response-time-and-input-lag . i always do 1 frames, and it's just fine for me.
    What I want? Thats easy. To be like Sako. <(^.^<)
    ·
  • CaliforniaPantsCaliforniaPants Joined: Posts: 25
    But I was asking about tv's. I need component jacks and a place to screw in my old systems. Monitors don't really offer that.
    ·
  • lamhazaartlamhazaart Joined: Posts: 76
    http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/gadgetry-electronics-discussion/10171-samsung-s23a700d-120hz-3d-monitor-review.html

S23a700d should be 10-11ms of input lag, which is 1 frame on 60fps fighting games (2 frames at 120fps since the monitor is 120hz, but are there any 120fps fighting games?)

Edit: just noticed original list might not be updated(?)
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    But I was asking about tv's. I need component jacks and a place to screw in my old systems. Monitors don't really offer that.
    Do you have really limited space? You could be better off getting a monitor for current Gen gaming and picking up a CRT, from craigslist, for Retro systems.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
    ·
  • nvmisfitnvmisfit Joined: Posts: 3
    Got my Leo Bodnar testing box today. Impressions are - no HDMI cable in the box (not a big deal) plastic smell like when i cut my HRAP3, no batteries included (needs AAx2).

Connected to HDMI, hold button to get results.

Tested on my 40inch sony, bought prior to knowing about input lag, >5y old now - 56msec. Interestingly though, there are three patches on the screen where you can test, but the results vary for each patch.

Tested on the PS3 3d monitor. Top of screen ~28 msec, middle of screen ~32msec, bottom of screen ~35msec.

Would be nice if they included an average display for numbers, as despite 0.1msec accuracy, the numbers also jump around a lot.

Also, glad that I youtubed a video of my device back in Feb of this year, as the design is pretty similar.

I found that if you make sure you center the photo sensor in the middle of the testing area then the lag number will remain constant.I believe the sensor is very sensitive to minor movements and not keeping the device absolutely still can cause the numbers to start fluctuating.I also think that it is very important to keep the device absolutely flush with the display you are testing to not allow any other light other than from the display to reach the sensor.I haven't gotten any fluctuations in the numbers since I've done all this while testing.The number that you see displayed is an average delay time because if you notice the testing area is blinking the whole time.The sensor is constantly testing the average delay between blinks the whole time you hold down the button.(I don't know this for a "fact", I'm just determining this by observation).The reason the numbers fluctuate is because you are probably moving the device slightly in such a way as to make the sensor not get the full amount of the light from the testing area, or you are not keeping the sensor as close to the center of the testing area as possible.If I move the sensor to the edge of the testing area the lag number gets higher.The closer it is to center, the more accurate the number is.That's been my experience anyway.

By the way, here's a picture of my LG W2486L monitor which has 9.7 ms of input lag according to the Leo Bodnar device. It definitely feels extremely responsive while playing FPS and racing games on it, especially compared to my LG 32LE5300 HDTV which has a horrible 47.9 ms input lag even with game mode on!

th_LG-W2486L_1080p_zps2f7e2494.jpg
    ·
  • nvmisfitnvmisfit Joined: Posts: 3
    I just watched a video about a new gaming monitor from ASUS that is being shown at CES. Here's that video(skip to 11m:48s to see monitor):

Here's a link to a webpage with the official press release for the monitor: http://rog.asus.com/199052013/news/asus-launches-vg248qe-24-inch-144hz-3d-gaming-monitor/

I don't like how they went down in size from the VG278H to 24 inches. That's just stupid to me but I guess they were more concerned with making that monitor more affordable than the previous model. If you don't care about the size and 3D not being included out of the box (you can add a IR emitter and 3D Vision package as optional upgrades later) then this might be a good gaming monitor for anyone looking for the latest model. I assume it would have as fast if not faster response than the older VG278H but of course, we'll have to wait until someone tests the input lag on it to be sure. I doubt any retail stores around my location will ever have it on display but if they do I will be sure to test it with Leo Bodnar's input lag tester and post the results here. Maybe Fry's will have it displayed eventually?
    ·
  • SamaloulSamaloul Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey guys.

So I want through tons of topics here, on Hardforum etc, and i'm lost. Every time I think I've got the right TV, I see a review where it says it's a bad one. And its pretty hard cause sometimes the TV isnt produced anymore or really hard to find in Europe (I live in France)

I'm looking for a simple 32" inch, 1080p TV, that's all i'm looking for. I want it to have the lowest input lag possible (as long as its not noticeable i'm happy and i'll not punch my neighbor cause I can't do my 1 frame combo anymore :P). I've been playing on a CRT since ages but its quite small, ugly and heavy.

My limit is 450€, which is around 600$ I think.

Do no hesitate if you have any questions, thanks !
    ·
  • planexcvsplanexcvs Joined: Posts: 10
    With the end of IPS-Alpha panels (at least outside of Japan) from what I've heard, I'm skeptical. I just hope at least a few of these 2013 models will provide something close to low input lag.

I need a new TV and I guess right now Panasonic plasma is the only decent option.
    ·
  • grundiangrundian Joined: Posts: 3
    I may have the same problem on the LG 37LH5000. Input lag registered doesn't show more than 3ms. The weird thing is that the device shows the same result even when not aligned with the white blinking bars. It goes back to 200ms just when I point it outside of the panel. I tried several (if not all) different settings combinations on the TV, no result.
    My Dell U2212HM is showing a solid 9.8ms on the middle bar.

I think it may have something to do with the TV not being led backlit, but what do I know? I'll try writing to the support.

I thought it might be erroneous as well, but the lag went even lower than that when I put it in game mode...
    ·
  • RampageRampage Join Date: Mar 2010 Joined: Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my device.

Leo Bodnar shipped via TNT (dafuq is TNT?) and apparently they use Sprint locally. Instead of Sprint going to my address and asking for an invoice, they waited 3 weeks for me to find all this shit out after calling long-distance/overseas 4 or 5 times and wasting my time and money, and then I had to follow up with them locally. Their reasoning was "we didn't have a phone number." Okay, well you had a fucking street and postal address, you schmucks. Last time I'll be using Sprint for anything...

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway- testing begins today on all of my various TVs. I'll report on all of them just for kicks, and highlight any that happen to be sub-16ms... (realistically, it'll probably only be my VH236H devices.)
    ·
  • gouryellagouryella Joined: Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Finally got my device.

Leo Bodnar shipped via TNT (dafuq is TNT?) and apparently they use Sprint locally. Instead of Sprint going to my address and asking for an invoice, they waited 3 weeks for me to find all this shit out after calling long-distance/overseas 4 or 5 times and wasting my time and money, and then I had to follow up with them locally. Their reasoning was "we didn't have a phone number." Okay, well you had a fucking street and postal address, you schmucks. Last time I'll be using Sprint for anything...

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway- testing begins today on all of my various TVs. I'll report on all of them just for kicks, and highlight any that happen to be sub-16ms... (realistically, it'll probably only be my VH236H devices.)

Cool let us know some results.
    ·
  • ATi7500ATi7500 Feimitsu Danwa Joined: Posts: 461
    I thought it might be erroneous as well, but the lag went even lower than that when I put it in game mode...
    does it show you 200ms when pointing the device outside of the blinking marks?
    Improvise, adapt, overcome.
    ·
    I'm afraid to say that support on this device is almost non-existent..still waiting for 2 weeks since my last request for help, disappointing.
    ·
  • beerninjabeerninja Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm afraid to say that support on this device is almost non-existent..still waiting for 2 weeks since my last request for help, disappointing.

Try e-mailing john dot beeson at leobodnar dot com

He helped me. I've been testing a lot of TVs and I've found that for some reason only 1 out of 3 Sony TVs that I tried picked up the signal. I tried 4 different Sharp sets and none of them would detect the signal at all. No problems with any other brands though. For certain Samsungs I had to press the button on the tester right at the moment the input switched so it picked the signal up.
    ·
  • Golf RatGolf Rat Joined: Posts: 48
    Has anyone ran a test on the Vewlix L monitor? I assume it lags around (1-2) frames.
    ·
  • BurstZXBurstZX Joined: Posts: 291 ✭✭
    Any info on Dynex TV's? I have a 19" one in my room and was wondering.
    ·
    Tried the Leobodnar input lag tester on another LG TV (not LED), and it didn't work there either. Thinking about a refund, if only the support would answer me...
    ·
  • HANHAN Team GGA Joined: Posts: 120
    Any word on the Asus VH232H? Newegg has a 20.00 off promo plus mail-in rebate brining it down to 124.99.
    ·
  • SuperNalgoSuperNalgo Joined: Posts: 51
    In gaming mode on monitors, do the blacks always flicker? is this resolved by turning down the brightness?
    ·
  • MissionSchabernackMissionSchabernack Joined: Posts: 484
    Question about the Dell U2312hm, it is often listed with an input lag of 0.6 ms like here
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm

So why does it stand with 9.3 ms!! on the first page ?

And what is with the other monitors in the list from my link, is the data wrong?

At the moment I am searching for a 24" Monitor with HDMI input and line out with low input lag, to use it with my 360, pricewise under 200€ would be nice.
    ·
  • akthamaktham Big Boss Joined: Posts: 453
    edited February 2013
    I'm basically looking for 32 inch 1080p monitor to put in my arcade cabinet. The ones listed in the OP are outdated/not available. I need very low input lag (less than 1 frame) and accurate colors.

Has anybody tested the Panasonic TC-L32E5?
    Post edited by aktham on
    ·
  • Bob PoundmaxBob Poundmax Bad Moon Rising Joined: Posts: 603
    edited February 2013
    I am looking for a low lag Tv with a tuner as well. I would like to keep it as close to or under $300 as possible. Size is not important.

EDIT: I am going to pull the trigger on this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4840789&type=product&id=1218541223979 Im going to clone my displays from my laptop and take pictures with my phone.
    Post edited by Bob Poundmax on
    *fill in the blank*
    ·
  • SpigelSpigel Joined: Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Dell S2440L seems pretty good to me, It has 5.0 ms of input lag, here is the review http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2440l.htm but is not listed here, what you think guys, anybody has tested it?
    Post edited by Spigel on
    ·
  • dakodako Joined: Posts: 83
    I got tip this is posted on avsforum:
    All information listed here is based on the manufacturer specifications, except for display input lag, which was tested by DisplayLag.com (unless otherwise noted). The input lag measurement combines input lag and display response time based on measurement from Leo Bodnar’s Lag Tester.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/#participants-list

If anyone can help that list to grow, that'll be great.
    ·
  • Bob PoundmaxBob Poundmax Bad Moon Rising Joined: Posts: 603
    edited February 2013
    So here is its. I hope I didn't botch it up too bad.

It seems like when I pause it I am getting random numbers anywhere from 10-40ms of lag. Is this normal?

EDIT: I played some 3s and it definately feels better. Also for some reason "game mode" is disabled when you use the VGA connection.
    Post edited by Bob Poundmax on
    *fill in the blank*
    ·
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 984 ✭✭✭
    Is trying out a 3D variant of a 2D TV you plan to buy a bad way of testing? In other words, if two TVs are from the same line/series, same resolution, same features, but one also has 3D features, should they perform the same or does whatever makes the other TV a 3D TV change things significantly?

The Panasonic Viera TC-L55E50 is on sale for $800 and I love IPS so I like it in theory and may want to buy it. I went to a Best Buy today and tried out a TC-L55ET5, which from what I can tell seems to be the same in every way except it also does 3D. The ET5 lagged too much for my liking (several frames behind, I used a PC clone of beatmania IIDX outputting at 720p and had to tweak the lag offset much earlier than I have it set at home, unsure of exactly how many frames the lag offset setting corresponds to though), and yes I had game mode on with every video and audio enhancement disabled.

So is it likely that the E50 will lag as much as the ET5, or are they apples and oranges?
    ·
  • Postman~730Postman~730 Deliverin' dat Ass Kickin Joined: Posts: 275
    Does it matter if its a LED or it has to be a LCD? Reason be it I want to get two 27' ASUS monitors but they are LEDs not LCDs.
    PHATT ( l )'s Make da World go 'Round!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Postman The UNION is HERE!!!
    ~730
    ·
    Does it matter if its a LED or it has to be a LCD? Reason be it I want to get two 27' ASUS monitors but they are LEDs not LCDs.

LED and LCD just refers to what type of back-light it has. The VH236H is LCD, the VH238H is its LED varient. Any time I've seen then tested they perform identically as far as lag is concerned.
    ·
  • Postman~730Postman~730 Deliverin' dat Ass Kickin Joined: Posts: 275
    Ragnorok64 wrote: »

LED and LCD just refers to what type of back-light it has. The VH236H is LCD, the VH238H is its LED varient. Any time I've seen then tested they perform identically as far as lag is concerned.

Awwww Thanks Man, Im tryin' to get two and didnt want to get the LED if it was gonna be an issue....Thanks!
    PHATT ( l )'s Make da World go 'Round!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Postman The UNION is HERE!!!
    ~730
    ·
  • GoMagikarpGoMagikarp Joined: Posts: 156
    edited February 2013

Are there any resources on the samsung e2320x. Not interested in buying one but i'm just wondering if it's worth replacing. thanks

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=52413

Post edited by GoMagikarp on
    ·
  • eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,565 ✭✭
    Can someone help me find an HDTV/Monitor with Component?  Lookin' for a 23" so I can stream T_T
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ·
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,191
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
    ·
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 984 ✭✭✭
    Any ides why their number seem to be higher than what we've seen for those some displays?
    ·
  • neo12neo12 Joined: Posts: 1
    This is the lowest input lag monitor which is available , i wonder why somebody { moderator } has not posted it in the 1st post , on second thought somone has posted the wrong information , please correct me if i am wrong....

·
  • RaishinXRaishinX I fell off Joined: Posts: 1,999
    ^Just read the review. Man, can tournies get a switch to that thing or what? fucking hate asus monitors.
    i just stared at beast for 5 minutes.... hes looking right at me
    like im poongko and i got his money -Jaja Novistro
    ·
  • gl0rygl0ry In Your Face Joined: Posts: 1,080
    edited February 2013
    I'm actually surprised no one has bought the BenQ RL2450HT yet.  They were one of the official MLG monitors *not sure if they are anymore*, but they are definitely better and more current than the Asus Evo monitors.

They're LED, 24 inch, have an amazing stand, and looks gorgeous.  It was my first time buying a BenQ monitor, and I kind of bought it on a whim.  The only choices were between the BenQ, Dell, and Asus.

I did my research and used Prad.de.  They had a detailed review of the product and had a responsiveness test based on their oscilloscope and found this monitor to be one of the fastest ones.
    http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2012/test-benq-rl2450ht-teil6.html#Reaktionsverhalten

I bought one around September, and just bought two more making a total of three now.  They're that good.

I also did a lag input test of my own here.  Not claiming my test is 100% accurate by any means, but the hit registers at the same frame my SDTV did, so I'm happy.

Post edited by gl0ry on
    ·
  • nEvuhnEvuh Photo you? I do. Joined: Posts: 88
    Are you shooting in 1280 x 720p / 60 fps? Also just a note that sanwa buttons will start to input at a half press.
    ·
  • gl0rygl0ry In Your Face Joined: Posts: 1,080
    edited February 2013
    nEvuh said:
    Are you shooting in 1280 x 720p / 60 fps? Also just a note that sanwa buttons will start to input at a half press.
    Yes.  Either way, I'm doing the same counting method with the SDTV and they're coming out at the same frame.  More deliberate and accurate tests were already done with the oscilloscope from the guys at prad.de.  I was just more or less confirming the fact that the monitors are good.
    Post edited by gl0ry on
    ·
  • MatrixMarioMatrixMario I suck at 3S Joined: Posts: 95
    Can someone clear up something for me? I'm sorta new at this and currently in the market for a gaming monitor. I was wondering if the Taito Type cabinets for SF4 and such have any ms of input lag? Or what sort of monitors do they use? I would like to get to the closest arcade experience as possible.
    Go home and be a family man!
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,219 mod
    edited February 2013
    @FourWude really needs to post in this thread.
    Post edited by d3v on
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • IjiwaruIjiwaru SLUT CRUSHER Joined: Posts: 183
    That Eventhubs list instantly killed, and potentially discredited the entirety of this awesome thread... 

Everything we've ever posted in this thread from our own research is now "off" compared to that eventhubs list. wtf.
    ·
    Ijiwaru said:
    That Eventhubs list instantly killed, and potentially discredited the entirety of this awesome thread... 

Everything we've ever posted in this thread from our own research is now "off" compared to that eventhubs list. wtf.
    Wait, what?
    ·
  • IjiwaruIjiwaru SLUT CRUSHER Joined: Posts: 183
    This thread is the "sub 1 frame input lag database" 
    1 frame which is 16ms if I remember correctly.
    That eventhubs list has the LOWEST input lag measurements STARTING at 18 ms, which is already passed the "1 frame" threshold.
    ·
    edited February 2013
    I realize that, but one list doesn't invalidate the information that's been her for ages. If anything we just need to figure out why the data is different.

Is 18ms the low end limit of the Leo Bodnar device?
    Post edited by Ragnorok64 on
    ·
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 369
    I vouch for the Benq GW2750hm. I own it for 5 months and it is rock solid at 6ms very low input lag. You can find on sale for $260 at newegg 
    ·
  • tempbasttempbast Joined: Posts: 84
    Ijiwaru said:
    This thread is the "sub 1 frame input lag database" 
    1 frame which is 16ms if I remember correctly.
    That eventhubs list has the LOWEST input lag measurements STARTING at 18 ms, which is already passed the "1 frame" threshold.
    It's based on different testing method and a different standard. And FourWude says the bottom of LCD monitors actually lag more than the top and middle. 18ms is calculated with input lag and response time in mind.
    http://www.displaylag.com/the-lag-tester-a-new-standard/
    ·
  • Game PlayerGame Player Joined: Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Man this page is kind of confusing, so many posts. It is hard to notice input lag, planning on buying a monitor/HDTV soon. Probably gonna listen to the glory person. Any tips or good monitors suggestions with info to back it up, please send to my inbox, greatly appreciated. :)>-
    Post edited by Game Player on
    ·