Killer Instinct

issadracissadrac Joined: Posts: 62
edited September 2014 in Killer Instinct
Anyone remember Killer Instinct. I used to love this game when I worked in the arcades. I used to play saberwolf with one hand and mess up people.

I have an emulator and still mess around with it, but it’s not the same.

Anyone knows if there is any way to play online against people. I’d love to get into this again lol
Post edited by Preppy on
·

Comments

• narsnars Your local Gunta Hunta. Joined: Posts: 288
    Me and my cousin would stay up all night playing this. Cinder was that nigga though, and we couldn't get over the fact that Orchid's breasts were sharper than her weapons.
    ·
  • issadracissadrac Joined: Posts: 62
    lol thats funny
    ·
  • HellaJHellaJ FreeHawk Joined: Posts: 268
    That game was the shit

Fulgore FTW

I wonder with this big influx of fighting games if we'll see another KI
    ·
  • ShiryuXShiryuX Joined: Posts: 6
    Didn't RARE tease a new KI3 a long while ago?

I used to play KI2 more than KI1 but they're both awesome games. Fav characters here were glacius and sabrewulf :]

Would be great if they made a 3rd on the current gen consoles.
    ·
  • Unshaken FaithUnshaken Faith ョ Plink That Shit ョ Joined: Posts: 37
    I'm quite glad to see that there's still fans of this game out there... this was my favorite fighter when I was a kid. The music, the combo system and the announcer were just so fucking hype --- I would sneak out night while everyone was asleep just to play it, as an attempt to get better at it than my cousins haha. It's the game that gave me love for fighters. I've been having Killer Instinct nostalgia lately, most eager to see it make its return at some point.

Hopefully the desire of seeing a new iteratin of this title won't remain a wish. I would really like to play as Jago, Glacius and Spinal again.
    VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 [FS] - KOFXIII - SSF4 [AE]
    ·
  • NsauceNsauce PSN: Nsauce Joined: Posts: 171
    Yeah, KI2 got so much play in my neighborhood. Kim Wu was my girl man. Nothing gave me more satisfaction than a well earned combo breaker just cuz it screamed that shit so everyone around the cabinet knew it.
    ·
  • S-U-P-E-RS-U-P-E-R CAT DRUGS Joined: Posts: 69
    Didn't RARE tease a new KI3 a long while ago?

It came out somewhere that they started some work on Killer Instinct 3 right after Killer Instinct 2, but I guess it got shelved for whatever reason. Rare never confirms or denies plans to release a KI3, meaning they have been busting my balls for literally 15 years.

If you follow the @RareLtd twitter, it still gets mentioned from time to time. And the guy who writes mosts updates and does the web stuff was also the guy that wrote the story for KI (and pretty much all of Rare's games and in-game text).
    a haunted video game
    ·
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,131 ✭✭
    Rare was bought by microsoft i read a few years back trying to find if Killer instinct would ever make it to xboxlive arcade or psn..they now make avatar hats and shoes and kinetic games ..it would be nice if they outsources the KI license to someone, but if Microsofts there over lord, i dont see them giving a shit...
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    ·
  • Minmin-SamaMinmin-Sama Tuna with bacon combo = $10.25 Joined: Posts: 3
    I must say, I'm so glad to find KI fans on this forum! :'D

Killer Instinct is a... major part of my childhood, actually. It was my second fighting game (after SFII Turbo), and my Dad was really into it. Gosh, I was such a button masher back then, too. I was only about five or six, though; I couldn't have expected to be able to use Jago's fireball if I couldn't use Ryu's. All I could to was Orchid's flik-flak~ My Pop used to wipe the floor with me (or knock me off the stage at any given opportunity). Good times.

It's kinda hard to believe I recently beat KI: Gold on Hard. All that progress from being a button masher to actually beating the game on a difficulty even my FG-loving father couldn't beat it on is a nice feeling. Also, being able to give Papa a taste of his own medicine is nice, too.
    Skullgirls~
    PSN: albinosunflower
    Main team: Fil/Pea, Side team: Val/For
    Colours: Min mains HPs~
    ·
  • VyreGiestVyreGiest Joined: Posts: 1
    Ahhh what i would give for a new KI. I miss my ultra combos.

ULTRA!!!!!! ULTRA!!!!!! ULTRA!!!!!!
    ·
  • SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT Chimes At Midnight Joined: Posts: 705
    They definitely need to make a new one. I've been saying this for years.
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN
    ·
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭
    I really hope RARE sells the rights to a good studio and we get a multiplatform KI3. I would love to see Cinder, Jago, Glacius, B. Orchid in glorious Hi Def Next Gen graphics running at 60 FPS!
    ·
  • cammy-whitecammy-white Joined: Posts: 748
    I really love KI in all it's broken glory, I wish a community would band together on Kaillera or Sweet-Talking damdai into finding a game writer to help him port games like KI and Mortal Kombat to supercade.
    ·
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭✭
    I mean they can release some random doujin fighter on xbox 360 for $40 that no one hardly has heard of but no KI3??? With all the new fighting games that have come out in the past 3 years I don't see how this hasn't happened. Easy money maker too.
    ·
  • cammy-whitecammy-white Joined: Posts: 748
    There wouldn't be enough support alot of people loved the game but the competitive community knows what it boils down to in previous games and it starts to become less and less fun and more and more broken. If they could manage similar gameplay and balance the game so it's not so broken while keeping the same things that made us love it, It would be great but I don't see it happening tien.
    ·
    I think the biggest road block has been Rare and MS. I hope Netherrealms or some other studio buys the rights to KI.
    ·

*Keeps pressing start and throwing money at the screen*
    ·
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,131 ✭✭
    Is that for the wii U..........argggggggggg why nintendo why .....of all platforms Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    ·
  • bloodabeastbloodabeast Da Best Protoss Joined: Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    If this game is on Wii U then I'll have to fuckin pony up for one of those just for this. Fuck it. Take all my damn money
    @fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
    UMVC3: Magneto into touch of death.
    ·
    Is that for the wii U..........argggggggggg why nintendo why .....of all platforms Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg

It's a mock up by a fan. It's not real. Kinda clear if you read the info on the video.
    ·
    There wouldn't be enough support alot of people loved the game but the competitive community knows what it boils down to in previous games and it starts to become less and less fun and more and more broken. If they could manage similar gameplay and balance the game so it's not so broken while keeping the same things that made us love it, It would be great but I don't see it happening tien.
    Of course with the new game they would have to go back to the drawing board just like Netherrealms did when they redesigned MK9. Take the elements that work (the characters, special moves) and update things that don't (combo system, infinites, glitches).
    Although the market may be oversaturated right now, its probably a missed opportunity. The best time to put this game out would have been right after SF4 released, right at the peak of the FG resurgence.
    ·
    I'm keeping this dream alive no matter what seriously. At least this could be that xbox live arcade title idea. Cheaper to make and cheaper to buy.
    ·
    NO WAY if they make KI3 its gotta be huge AAA HD million dollar game with cutting edge graphics and the most amazing gameplay EVER. Preferably multi-platform.
    ·
  • 8Bit8Bit Joined: Posts: 72
    Is there any way to play KI online? It would be great if GGPO enables KI play
    SSFIVAE: Ryu, Akuma
    SFA2: Ryu, Ken
    SSFIIT: Ryu
    SFIII3S: Yun
    UMVC3: Morri/Doom/Vergil
    ·
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    This one needs to come back. Awsome game.
    ·
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any YouTube vids of KI 1 and 2 being played at a high level??
    ·
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to play KI online? It would be great if GGPO enables KI play
    There is this program called mamehub that works like ggpo not as good honestly but its pretty damn good it has a huge list of games that you can play online with others which includes arcade,snes,genesis,gba,playstation,nes, etc. In terms of netcode its pretty good you can play some with minimal lag as well.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    ·
  • ClarkalelClarkalel Joined: Posts: 9
    Ki and Ki2 are still my favorite fighters , Kim Wu, Jago,Sabrewulf were the beast in the game. Overall all character were pretty balanced which makes it so much better, with the graphics it had no game at that time could beat it. Funnest part of the game is when your bored just glitch it and the game resets itself, or freeze time on Gargos for free unlimited play time.
    ·
  • YungKratosYungKratos My mom's a Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 631
    Ki and Ki2 are still my favorite fighters , Kim Wu, Jago,Sabrewulf were the beast in the game. Overall all character were pretty balanced which makes it so much better, with the graphics it had no game at that time could beat it. Funnest part of the game is when your bored just glitch it and the game resets itself, or freeze time on Gargos for free unlimited play time.
    Lol characters.... balanced.. Cinder and Orchid say Hi. and seriously we should spam @RareLtd twitter
    Check out AoF Dojo on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/AOFDojo
    "Integrating the Fighting Game Community and Education one Mashed uppercut at a time
    ·
  • Colen RetroFYTColen RetroFYT Gifted kids with a spice of hidden talent Joined: Posts: 124
    Killer instinct to me was one of the best fighters I ever had and still have I love it all the moves music combo breakers orchid and cinder will always be my 2 fav characters in the game sadly cinder melted in his ending :( in one and I had to replace him with Kim wu through out the whole game I always new the combos of each character on the other hand k2 gold was way overboard with awesomess I couldn't get over black orchids killer double Dutch ultra and Kim wu stomp of death I swear if a company ever made another killer instinct and it's like MK and injustice I will never by another fighter again and put all my focus into that game and attend every tournament it is I'll even swim across shore if I have to this game almost was my replacement for MK until this day I'm still practicing the game simply because I love it like that and don't care at all :)
    ·
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 370 ✭✭
    Killer Instinct Gold has been on my shopping list for a while.
    I never really got into the KI games, but the SNES game was fun, and I need motivation to build an N64 arcade stick. MKT just isn't enough.
    ·
  • DarksteelDarksteel Joined: Posts: 126
    All I gotta say is that KI2 had easily the hypest soundtrack to any game.
    ·
    Damnit I checked this thread thinking there was some good news about KI3.
    ·
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,111 ✭✭
    Damnit I checked this thread thinking there was some good news about KI3.
    Me too :(
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    ·
  • SubjectiveSubjective Joined: Posts: 171
    There was a bunch of news about KI3 this year. It's come to light that Rare's interest in making KI3 was denied by Microsoft when the purchased the studio.

Then they attempted to renew the trademark, which made everyone flip out, and then it was denied.

Who knows if Killer Instinct 1 or 2 will ever be released as XBL titles at this point
    ·