Nintendo DS wifi goes live/DS wifi discussion... (with ALL friend codes)

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    yea I went there

but are you SURE you have to lock friends in???? I didn't see it in the book ......

one of us in worldwide and one of us in friends might work but theoretically we should both search friends and have it work .....
  • ChairHomeChairHome hiding under your bed Joined: Posts: 1,733
    yeah. on the last page of the mario kart manual, it talks about locking. i have two other friends that are on now, and i have them locked, and i have you, so this should work if we all do this at the same time... which is now. Haha. I'll give it a few more tries to work, but it angers me.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

Cool nintendo av not by me :-(. Found it on the net.
    nintendowifi.com says: Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems

top right they have a flag/notice
    ahh, that might explain it. We'll try again later then. Thanks.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

k cool, yea, np
  • LongSh0tLongSh0t Epic User Joined: Posts: 239
    All that locking does is prevent the friend (who is locked) from being deleted from the Friend list when the list limit is exceeded.

When you exceed the friend limit, a random friend is deleted to make room for the new one. Friends who are locked will not be deleted in this fashion.

So locking isn't necessary for gameplay really.
    *Most honorable member of TEAM REASONABLE HUMAN BEINGS*
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K in MIB
    Pokemon FC: 0945 8786 2103
    AV by quiche
    It says though on the mario kart manual that it will increase the chance of you connecting with your friends.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

• 9TNine9TNine Sultry Performance Joined: Posts: 766
    Chair, fine with me.

Let me know if I can help you guys out with anything regarding WFC and such, since I've already had some experience with it.

I had no problems playing online before, yesterday I managed to fit in like 10 races and a few today ... but now all of a sudden it just seems to be having technical difficulties .. other message boards are hearing issues of too many people connecting at once now that the game is in everyone's hands by this time ... as soon as that code yellow goes back to code green on nintendowifi.com everything should be fine
  • gamingsagegamingsage shoto 4 lyfe Joined: Posts: 208
    My friend code for Mario Kart DS is:

420966-277810

N64 veteran here.

edit: Anybody else having problems with internet connections the same time the DS is connected to WiFi? Because after I have my DS connected wirelessly, none of the other computers in my house can use the internet.
    www.twitch.tv/superuiuri
    gamingsage wrote:
    edit: Anybody else having problems with internet connections the same time the DS is connected to WiFi? Because after I have my DS connected wirelessly, none of the other computers in my house can use the internet.

lol wtf?????????? no .... that's pretty shitty ....... I keep refreshing the wifi website while I'm connected so its all working for me ...
  • VG EmblemVG Emblem Fuck user titles Joined: Posts: 294
    Help me out guys. I have mario kart ds and i've connected my wireless router, but i can't connect. The reason is probably i need a WEP key. So does anyone know where i can find this WEP key?
    That shit is sickening and pisses me off, I have to look at giant abortions every day until I graduate. Aint that some bullshit.
    -Black Chanler
  • platinum_pinoyplatinum_pinoy Registered Nurse Joined: Posts: 1,408
    0773-6887-8723
    You're crazy. Sep's a hella hater. That nigga buys calendars just to rip out February 14th. He won't even masturbate because they call it self-love. -Adam Warlock, Jan 16th, 2009
    gamingsage wrote:
    My friend code for Mario Kart DS is:

420966-277810

N64 veteran here.

Yeah, same exact problem here. Oh well.
    Let's play sometime, my ID is 120318-580167.
    Add me everyone and i'll do the same!
    That shit is sickening and pisses me off, I have to look at giant abortions every day until I graduate. Aint that some bullshit.
    -Black Chanler
    Alright, I've updated the first page with the other codes, make sure you tell people when you are adding them so they can do the same. For the people that are having problems with the net when they connect, are you using the WEP key? Cause I'm not and it doesn't seem to interfere. If you allow your router to accept the DS's MAC address, you can connect that way.... but I don't know much about routers, so I don't know if this affects anything.

(I still haven't connected to anyone cause of the server problems Nintendo WFC was having :-( guess I'll try this afternoon)
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

• Pat the GreatPat the Great UCB Street Fighter Alumni Joined: Posts: 562
    Pat the Great - BigdikPat 038714 190908
    -Pat the Great
    "You can't spell "scrub" without UCB."
    -Sam Yoon

Originally posted by Pat the Great
    omg does doom do birthday parties and bar mitzvahs, too?

quote: Originally posted by Lovely Kitsune
    Uh no, unless the Jewish people changed their traditions and a bar mitzvah now consists of a dude in a green cape throwing rocks at little boys.

I guess eating 20 rocks to the face does prove that you're a man. I mean after all, isn't that what a bar mitzvah is? The celebration of a boy's transition into manhood?
    ok added VG Emblem, Pat The Great and gamingsage to friend's list

feel free to add mine also ... its in my sig.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey so are the "friends" capable of playing each other now?
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    From what I heard, only 'friends' mode was working. I just must've not been lucky, or had enough friends. Does anyone know if you can connect with a friend and his/her friends (that aren't on your list, but on his/hers) in friends mode? I have to try again tonight or tomorrow, I'll be busy playing DQ VIII.
    O Hadoken!
    |=( -O)
    /\

chair_home wrote:
    Does anyone know if you can connect with a friend and his/her friends (that aren't on your list, but on his/hers) in friends mode? I have to try again tonight or tomorrow

Yes you can. I remember reading that in the instructions thinking "oh, well that's good."
    chair_home wrote:
    I'll be busy playing DQ VIII.

Hey while you're mentioning it, which should I get, DQ VIII or FF X
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K in MIB
    AV by quiche
  • BlodiaVulcan5BlodiaVulcan5 Arm narm narm Joined: Posts: 1,726
    is Animal Cross Wifi? if so... that's the coolest shit so far on the DS.
    "Exit, pursued by a bear." William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale
    is Animal Cross Wifi? if so... that's the coolest shit so far on the DS.

Yes. Although I'm not a fan of series, I'll agree that it was a long time coming.
    AV by quiche
  • PingPongPingPong sure it is Joined: Posts: 212
    okay finally got it, my code is 339361 943622 - PingPong

will be adding all the ppl on the first post in a few min
    chair_home wrote:
    From what I heard, only 'friends' mode was working. I just must've not been lucky, or had enough friends. Does anyone know if you can connect with a friend and his/her friends (that aren't on your list, but on his/hers) in friends mode? I have to try again tonight or tomorrow, I'll be busy playing DQ VIII.
    Are you sure? I played regional and even world wide matches just fine yesterday from between 12 midnight-3am.
    Ok, i added pat the great, X-pac and ping pong to my list.
    So so far, i have 8 people on my friends list. You can only have 36, so that kinda bites.
    -Black Chanler
    VG Emblem wrote:
    You can only have 36, so that kinda bites.

I heard 60 .....
  • hauntshaunts www.iplaywinner.com Joined: Posts: 3,098
    what up pimps

haunts - haunts - 502570 729108 - Atlanta, GA
    http://www.iplaywinner.com | http://www.keystoneii.com | http://www.versuscity.net | http://www.denjinarcade.com
    terror never had rules, kill the messenger and the bearer of bad news.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My code is SPARROW- 506865 632375 Can't wait to lose to you guys!:tup:

EDIT: Damn I don't know who to put in my list, I'm very active on there so I want to play someone who plays often as well.:pleased:
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    i'll be putting up my aim in my profile so if any of you guys catch me on just IM and i should be able to race you for awhile
    LongSh0t - Longsh0t - 021534 329153 - Coral Springs, FL

VG Emblem, I'm adding you to my friends list just to see your emblem:smokin:
    AV by quiche
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My lil bro has a DS how to I check what his friend code is?

I added all you guys. I usually play from 11PM-12AM Eastern standard time. Let's play!
    You're crazy. Sep's a hella hater. That nigga buys calendars just to rip out February 14th. He won't even masturbate because they call it self-love. -Adam Warlock, Jan 16th, 2009
  • RickstahRickstah chubby chubby Joined: Posts: 677
    How long does it usually take for a game and such to be found? I just got on for the first time and it's taking quite a while to search the games.
  • Pat the GreatPat the Great UCB Street Fighter Alumni Joined: Posts: 562
    i added everyone on the list, add me for free wins because i suck.
    -Pat the Great
    "You can't spell "scrub" without UCB."
    -Sam Yoon

Originally posted by Pat the Great
    omg does doom do birthday parties and bar mitzvahs, too?

quote: Originally posted by Lovely Kitsune
    Uh no, unless the Jewish people changed their traditions and a bar mitzvah now consists of a dude in a green cape throwing rocks at little boys.

I guess eating 20 rocks to the face does prove that you're a man. I mean after all, isn't that what a bar mitzvah is? The celebration of a boy's transition into manhood?
  • Wut_da_HeckWut_da_Heck FIRE IT UPPP!! Joined: Posts: 57
    Whats the difference with PSP WiFi and DS WiFi? if any...
    Whats the difference with PSP WiFi and DS WiFi? if any...

PSP uses 802.11g and DS uses 802.11b, I think. G is better than B, btw because G has a broader signal range than B...at least that is my understanding....its either that or G has a higher transfer rate.
    Wireless-G is only faster on a LAN.
    My lil bro has a DS how to I check what his friend code is?

It's something you check in the game. You have to have connected to the WFC at least once to have a friend code. After he's done that, he can go to Nintendo WFC -> Friend Code -> Confirm Friend Code and then you can trade passwords. Also, playing a local wireless game against someone automatically adds them to your friends list.

I posted this in the other thread first (thinking it was this one), but here it is again:
    9TNine wrote:
    I hand down to you a link to help with your emblem making:

http://www.zsivanys.nl/mkdecal/

This allows you to upload an image, and it'll covert the image onto a 32x32 grid using the MK pallete so you can use it as an emblem. You still have to draw it yourself obviously, but it's easy and useful for those more complex pictures.

I've only added Chair_home and gamingsage, haven't gotten to the rest of you guys yet. I'll get to it later.

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,038
    Here's mine:

Infernoman - Inferno64 214807 959447 Diamond Bar, CA

You can usually find me on after 9pm Pacific time
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    9TNine- sweet, now i can make a Rachel emblem from AWDS. :tup:
    Rickstah wrote:
    How long does it usually take for a game and such to be found? I just got on for the first time and it's taking quite a while to search the games.

Yeah it can sometimes take awhile. I've only done friends matches and it's taken at least 5 minutes to detect all my friends.
    AV by quiche
  • InfiniDragonInfiniDragon Joined: Posts: 1,163
    Finally got mine, w00t. Anyways, had a couple of questions about connecting.

1. Will a modem with a wireless gateway work, or does it have to be a router/Nintendo Wi-Fi USB? I can't get my modem to connect, but I wanted to make sure before I go pick up a router.

2. Where the eff do you find your WEP? I've checked like, every setting on my PC. :xeye:

Hopefully I get some answers before tomorrow, cause if not, I'll be buying a router, whether I needed it or not. I MUST have online Mario Kart. :pray:
    Originally Posted by VG Emblem:
    So refusing to buy a game because it has inferior controls/gameplay is being more of a tool than refusing to buy it because it has subpar graphics?
    LongSh0t wrote:
    Yeah it can sometimes take awhile. I've only done friends matches and it's taken at least 5 minutes to detect all my friends.

It won't find friends that are in games already.

And I believe (not certain, don't hold me to this) that it searching for friends only finds friends that are ALSO searching for friends. I could be wrong though.

• RickstahRickstah chubby chubby Joined: Posts: 677
    Well, I was able to go online last night, but I tried again tonight with no luck. I assume it's something to do with my router / static ip. These static ips make everything so much harder.

What IP do I have to connect to in order for my DS to connect? The router IP or my actual ISP IP? I had to put my static IP info in my router, and had to use a router IP to connect my computer to the router, which then the router connects to the internet. I'm just confused as to what I did yesterday to make it work, and why it isn't working today.
  • KingRaohKingRaoh I build gauge Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    add me, let's play some MK!

Raoh BKD: 266347-618961

i've added everyone from the first post.
    5% Set-up, 5% Execution, 90% Turtle
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    here, i'll do it right.

Kingraoh-Raoh BKD-266347-618961-Los Angeles

come git sum.
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
  • 6pt76pt7 Image vs. Capcom Joined: Posts: 144
    How would you guys rate Nintendo's Wifi with MKDS? Buggy? Laggy? Or pretty smooth?
      ∧_∧
     ( ∀`)
     /,   つ
    (_(_, )
      しし'
    6pt7 wrote:
    How would you guys rate Nintendo's Wifi with MKDS? Buggy? Laggy? Or pretty smooth?

I haven't had any lag, but it can take a little while to set up a game. Good overall.

When I get home I should add everybody here to my friends list. I've got only 3 so far...
    AV by quiche
  • hauntshaunts www.iplaywinner.com Joined: Posts: 3,098
    KingRaoh wrote:
    here, i'll do it right.

Kingraoh-Raoh BKD-266347-618961-Los Angeles

come git sum.

hey bud, i just added u.
    http://www.iplaywinner.com | http://www.keystoneii.com | http://www.versuscity.net | http://www.denjinarcade.com
    terror never had rules, kill the messenger and the bearer of bad news.
  • CrusaderCrusader old man Joined: Posts: 158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    6pt7 wrote:
    my experience has been about 90% of my games have no lag, 9% have playable lag, and 1% have unplayable lag. it can take forever to get a game setup, usually about 3-5 minutes.
    haunts wrote:
    hey bud, i just added u.

what's up Haunts, let's play some games.
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-