Dead or Alive 5

NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch!Joined: Posts: 386 ✭✭
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/ahhh
doa5-announced-/1248584

[SIZE=13px]https://twitter.com/#!/tecmokoeieurope[/SIZE]
Good news DOA fans!

Both games are coming in 2012 (for both PS3 & Xbox 360)
·

Comments

• PappiollPappioll Rose / Poison Joined: Posts: 112
    Great news! About time DOA5 gets announced.
    ·
  • NeoMagnusNeoMagnus Joined: Posts: 322
    Good news indeed, holy shit so this is the 92nd new fighter comin. How do I make time for this??! :-(
    ·
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 15,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell yes
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ·
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386 ✭✭
  • PappiollPappioll Rose / Poison Joined: Posts: 112
    The game looks fantastic! Wow, I'm hyped!
    ·
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima Put water into my hand, it becomes my hand. Joined: Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    omfg fuck off! too many fucking fighting games

I like that ending, I mean, tekken only now 11 years later has added multi leveled gameplay. now doa is 11 years ahead in level interactive design, does this mean that we will have an insane action fighter on our hands? that ending hinted to that fact.

but seriously, I wanted to focus on soul calibur, tekken and street fighter 3. then street fighter x tekken starts looking interesting, then Ultimate mvc3 promises more strategy, king of fighters looks interesting, theres skull girls looking v interesting and now this?

fuck off
    only 5 lines isnt enough to say anything meaningful and be understood, so all i can say is .....

"live like water, and love like the sun"
    ·

I like that ending, I mean, tekken only now 11 years later has added multi leveled gameplay. now doa is 11 years ahead in level interactive design, does this mean that we will have an insane action fighter on our hands? that ending hinted to that fact.

but seriously, I wanted to focus on soul calibur, tekken and street fighter 3. then street fighter x tekken starts looking interesting, then Ultimate mvc3 promises more strategy, king of fighters looks interesting, theres skull girls looking v interesting and now this?

fuck off

See I figured it out, sorta. You gotta pick 3 mains n fuck around with everything else lol. Mine are gonna be kofxiii, vf5fs, umvc3, doa5, sfxt, bla bla bla ect. Wait im lost :(
    ·
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima Put water into my hand, it becomes my hand. Joined: Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See I figured it out, sorta. You gotta pick 3 mains n fuck around with everything else lol. Mine are gonna be kofxiii, vf5fs, umvc3, doa5, sfxt, bla bla bla ect. Wait im lost :(

VF5???????????? FUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

well ok, I already said im gonna be a special mode git with soul calibur now, KOFXiii will never be KOF98 (I have a ps3 :sad:) umvc3 should be a spam fest anyway, doa5 should be a "haha counter" fest, sfxt will be fun. so that just leaves third strike and tekken tag 2. im just gonna pretend skull girls doesnt exist :wonder:

ill always have room for VF5
    only 5 lines isnt enough to say anything meaningful and be understood, so all i can say is .....

·
    I liked fucking w/ ppl and just the overall stun mechanic in doa. Everyone liked to low counter out of stun so herp derp low grab for 40% was fun. Theres was only a handful of players who were smart enough to slow escape and not eat a high counter & thats when the mind games start. DAT ENDING got me hype though.
    ·
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a DoA fan by any stretch of the imagination but, DoA has always had great stages. I'm kinda happy they are continually doing their own thing with them even though i hate some of the random ass element in some of them. Shotouts for a company doing stuff right and releasing gameplay footage first before anything else. SFxT did it right, and this is doing it right too. Now we need other comapnies to start advertising with more gameplay and less cinematics.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    ·
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, tekken only now 11 years later has added multi leveled gameplay. now doa is 11 years ahead in level interactive design, does this mean that we will have an insane action fighter on our hands? that ending hinted to that fact.
    Tekken devs didn't want to put it before they could do it in a serious way that won't hinder the game's competitiveness, which never was a limitation for the DOA devs.

That's why in DOA4 you got hit by passing cars and tigers and shit.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    ·
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,224 ✭✭
    I'm totally psyched about this!
    really curious to see when it'll be released though, with SF X T, SC5, Tekken Tag 2 all being next year too--my fight stick will be getting a major work out.
    Chun Li and Juri Loyalty for LIFE!
    DoA5: Tina Armstrong - Cuz I gotsta play 1 grappler in my life
    ·
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    The game will still not be played seriously until they fix the counter system.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,207 mod
    I'm totally psyched about this!
    really curious to see when it'll be released though, with SF X T, SC5, Tekken Tag 2 all being next year too--my fight stick will be getting a major work out.
    DOA5 will make you work out a different "stick."
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,365
    Haven't played a DOA since 2 way back on the DC. So I guess can give this a try. Also, unlike with Ninja Gaiden 3, I don't have as many "expectations" about where Hayashi and his crew could muddle things up...
    ·
    If Team Ninja and/or Tecmo-Koei have any sense, then they'll do what Namco and Capcom have been doing and reach out to the FGC to get the series fixed.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,365
    If Team Ninja and/or Tecmo-Koei have any sense, then they'll do what Namco and Capcom have been doing and reach out to the FGC to get the series fixed.

And apparently, it's not like the DOA scene hasn't been trying to reach them. They just need to do more to start actually LISTENING.
    ·
  • VGmaster9VGmaster9 Joined: Posts: 255

fuck off

And before you know it, we'll probably have other new games like Bloody Roar 5, Samurai Shodown 7 (2d), Darkstalkers 4, Capcom vs SNK 3, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Online, Melty Blood for 360 and PS3, dare I go on?
    ·
    Tekken devs didn't want to put it before they could do it in a serious way that won't hinder the game's competitiveness, which never was a limitation for the DOA devs.

That's why in DOA4 you got hit by passing cars and tigers and shit.

yeah being a tekken player I think I already know this :rofl:

the cars and the tiger was easy to deal with, the combat is very very simplistic, having said that I believe the future of some fighting games franchises will have a much more dynamic involvement with the environment which will then become a much more respected form of strategy simulation
    And before you know it, we'll probably have other new games like Bloody Roar 5, Samurai Shodown 7 (2d), Darkstalkers 4, Capcom vs SNK 3, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Online, Melty Blood for 360 and PS3, dare I go on?

im just gonna ignore they exist.

(samsho :sad:)

·
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 18,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news I had feared I'd never get to play as Jann Lee again. I'm kinda glad Itagaki has gone, the new gritty look looks great!

Please please for the love of all that is good, don't turn this into a juggling game, freaking hate DOA4 for that.

Bring back :f:+ :b: counters
    ·
  • exsoldier2006exsoldier2006 BaconStripes!! Joined: Posts: 293
    This game looks awesome lol
    "Prince Vegeta ruler of all Saiyans!!"
    ·
  • queen of combatqueen of combat Joined: Posts: 450
    It's great to see a new DOA being made. I used to run the fighting game division it the PMS clan and DOA4 was the main game. I still have DOA 4 and play it once in a while for fun. The gameplay has to be well done. I used the juggling a lot when I played Helena as my main,so the juggling in the gameplay is no concern to me.
    CapcomUnity.com site moderator/Xbox Ambassador/Xperts helper
    SRK user since 2001 EVO player since 2k2-Proud gf of Kuni Funada :) <3 him
    ·
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 623
    For PS3? Sign me up!
    ·
  • Ninja MinajNinja Minaj Truly Outrageous! Joined: Posts: 102
    Fighting entertainment indeed. lol

I hated the counter system for DOA3.

It was very a herp derp way to stop from making gorgeous combos. :O
    MVC2: Morrigan/Storm/Psylocke [Team MSP <3]
    UMVC3: Vergil/Trish/Morrigan [Team "An affair with Dante"] or
    Vergil/Dr. Strange/Morrigan [Team "Save The Queen!"]
    SFxT:D: Poison/Lili [Team Outrageous!]
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new DoA that's not a launch title for a newly release console? Color me surprised. Please Tecmo, don't make this DoA4 again
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,368
    Wait! I get to use under-aged girl ninjas again! SIGN ME UP!
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
    ·
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it's nowhere near as stupid as DOA4,and it uses DOA1-3 mechanics. Those 3 are pretty good games, but I didn't like DOA4 at all...

One of the stupid things about 4 was that they gave A Ninja better command grabs than a grappler.
    ·
  • JayAlanCarterJayAlanCarter Arashikage Joined: Posts: 171
    surprised no one has said something like "DOA5 for EVO2012!!!!":rofl:

seems like every FG announced is being demanded to be included ... good luck!
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like "DOA5 Evo 2014". The footage is pre-alpha. It should take at least two years for this to drop.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭
    Definitely gonna keep an eye on this, DOA 4 was the first fighter I got to play on a relatively serious level so ill keep my eye on 5. It might not be the most tournament respected fighter, but its fun as hell and thats really all that matters. Plus doa 4 still has some of the best online modes of any fighting game to date and maybe 5 will further push the envelope.
    ·
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 914
    Hohohooo shit Bayman here I come :woot:
    " Watching Early 1900's Classics "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
    ·
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭

Didn't you know that the DOA community hates offline tourneys? And that DOA4 was one of EVO's biggest flop of all time?
    ·
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 804 ✭✭✭
    It's such a good time to be a fighting game fan!

I always believed DOA5 would be released someday, but I'm still very surprised seeing a gameplay teaser so shortly after DOAD was released.

Hoping for my main Helena to be in it again.
    ·
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 18,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cos we want Power Stone for EVO2012!! :rock:

More like "DOA5 Evo 2014". The footage is pre-alpha. It should take at least two years for this to drop.

From what I've seen whenever a developer shows off Pre Alpha, they are usually nearing the end of their alpha stage. So, this time next year I expect the game to be out.
    ·
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Waits for Yusuke Hayashi to announce that "We don't think big titties is what gamers want outta of DoA anymore"
    ·
    Waits for Yusuke Hayashi to announce that "We don't think big titties is what gamers want outta of DoA anymore"

·
  • GAME OVERGAME OVER Joined: Posts: 86
    I been waiting for this day to come. My hype meter reached 99%
    Boobies!
    ·
  • ShigShig Joined: Posts: 459
    I just hope this time the girls look like girls instead of weird alien dolls. It would also be great if they actually had different facial features. The girls in DOA always freaked me out.
    But judging by that "I'm a fighter" picture they released, none of this is going to happen.
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game will still not be played seriously until they fix the counter system.

The game is still played seriously even with the counter system. The amount of people it's played by seriously is a different story.

DOA was my first fighting game that I took with any level of seriousness competitively (DOA2) and the old Tekken/VF dudes made so many complaints about how the fighting worked even before the counter system. If you want a lot of people to play this game seriously, changing up the counter is the first of many steps they'd have to do. Which if you take all of those steps into account then the game basically plays like Tekken or VF and then people won't play it cuz it plays too much like other shit. The game engine is already glorified VF as it is.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • Redd_HeartRedd_Heart Joined: Posts: 62
    I'm actually excited for this!! Wonder how the environment will interact with the fights
    ·
  • hensin-go-gohensin-go-go Joined: Posts: 53
    after the video fades out, this is my guess of what happened, hayate kicked ryu off and then he got hit by a car

if they do it right, fighting with the environment could actually be a good way to differentiate DOA from other fighting games

i know there are lots of technical differences in a lot of the 3D fighting games, but if you ask me, tekken and VF are too similar
    ·
  • hensin-go-gohensin-go-go Joined: Posts: 53
    Cos we want Power Stone for EVO2012!! :rock:

From what I've seen whenever a developer shows off Pre Alpha, they are usually nearing the end of their alpha stage. So, this time next year I expect the game to be out.

you want power stone you should take a look at anarchy reigns... that s*** is going insane
    ·
    after the video fades out, this is my guess of what happened, hayate kicked ryu off and then he got hit by a car

if they do it right, fighting with the environment could actually be a good way to differentiate DOA from other fighting games

i know there are lots of technical differences in a lot of the 3D fighting games, but if you ask me, tekken and VF are too similar
    It all depends on whether or not the environment starts to heavily favor certain characters over others. Once that happens, then we have a problem.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • ZOMBIEGUTS TZAZOMBIEGUTS TZA Kentucky Ryu Joined: Posts: 468
    Really looking forward to this game.DoA4 was my first fighting that I played pretty seriously,that was before vanilla,so I am glad to see another on the way :D
    SSF4AE:Ryu
    SC5:Maxi
    SFxT:Kazuya x Ryu
    GT-ZOMBIEGUTS TZA
    ·
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 804 ✭✭✭
    I also hope they redesign some characters. It's DOA5 now, I don't want to see the same look over and over again.
    ·
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Lover of Cakes Joined: Posts: 737
    Hopefully it's nowhere near as stupid as DOA4,and it uses DOA1-3 mechanics. Those 3 are pretty good games, but I didn't like DOA4 at all...

One of the stupid things about 4 was that they gave A Ninja better command grabs than a grappler.
    For god's sake I hope they do a better job balancing the game than DOA 4. It was basically Ninja Tier, and Everybody Else Tier. They really need to pay attention to grapplers this time around and improve their throw system in general.
    ·
    I am so excited for this game. It'll be, what 7 years in 2012 since DOA 4 came out?

I hope Lisa returns and they buff her sorry ass properly. Such a cool character design, imo, that was hindered by ass slow normals and, for a grappler, a lack of grabs. Lulz!

I wonder how the counter system will be. The one thing I loved about the DOA games were mixup combos were fast as hell. In most 3-d fighters, you can easily see a high to low mixup, or mid to low mixup. In DOA, everything is so damn fast it could be hard to read, not to mention a lot of mids looked like fucking highs, and vice versa.
    ·
    I hope Lisa returns and they buff her sorry ass properly.
    Agreed, for a person of her race, her ass isn't bootylicious enough.... oh wait, wrong ass.
    -Mike_Z

·
    Agreed, for a person of her race, her ass isn't bootylicious enough.... oh wait, wrong ass.

What race was she anyways? I remember back in the day there was heated debate about her. Some argued puerto rican, others hispanic, others black, others black and hispanic. Or even a dark skinned Japanese girl lol
    ·
    Interview with Yosuke Hayashi
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-16-dead-or-alive-5-to-push-the-envelope

It would seem they are pulling back on the fun bags :(
    ·