Dead or Alive 5

Comments

• d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 26,668 mod
    What race was she anyways? I remember back in the day there was heated debate about her. Some argued puerto rican, others hispanic, others black, others black and hispanic. Or even a dark skinned Japanese girl lol
    From my research (aka, checked the wiki) she's supposedly African-American.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tengu is another character that is underrated, such a clever design then Itagaki goes crazy and makes you fight Genra at a stupid angle and then the super lame Alpha152.... haven't played the game in years yet the name Alpha152 fills me with rage.

Interview with Yosuke Hayashi
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-16-dead-or-alive-5-to-push-the-envelope

It would seem they are pulling back on the fun bags :(
    Blame the recession
    ಥ_ಥ ~ ಠ益ಠ ~ ಠ_ಠ ~ ಠ_ರೃ ~ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ~ F-1
    Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - Out Now On BluRay/DVD! - http://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF
    ·
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-16-dead-or-alive-5-to-push-the-envelope

WHY!:sad:
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Lover of Cakes Joined: Posts: 737
    From my research (aka, checked the wiki) she's supposedly African-American.

They were really thinking out of the box when it came to Lisa. An african american woman who is a former DOATEC scientist and just happens to moonlight as a luchador. That Japan. . . .
    ·
    Looks like they are pulling a WWE and reducing the T & A budget.
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

This a travesty
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,673
    Fuck, first Soul Calibur cuts down on the breasts and now DOA.

*sends out the Rumble Roses signal*

Edit- Actually just read the article, seems more like he's implying the girls are going to look "good" as opposed to just tits. Maybe a reference about how they've dropped the doll like look to go for this more realistic approach.''
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
    ·
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious that someone already called it on the 1st page.

The interview sounded like the things Itagaki says.
    ·
  • RainbowViper*RainbowViper* Joined: Posts: 94
    Yay.. I've always liked the DOA series and the characters, then my focus shifted more towards SF, Tekken etc after DOA3. Hopefully Lisa/La Mariposa is in it, I love her overall design.
    ! Raaaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnboooooooowwwwwwwwww !
    ·
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 803 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many old characters are going to find their way back into DOA5?
    I could certainly do without a few, but as long as we don't get a super annoying final boss -oh, and my main Helena- I'll be happy about the cast.

They have to be careful about the stages though, if some stages can provide more area damage, then of course people are going to choose those over others.
    ·
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386 ✭✭
    I wonder how many old characters are going to find their way back into DOA5?
    I could certainly do without a few, but as long as we don't get a super annoying final boss -oh, and my main Helena- I'll be happy about the cast.

They have to be careful about the stages though, if some stages can provide more area damage, then of course people are going to choose those over others.
    I would assume it has all the characters from DOA dimensions and more.
    ·
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima Put water into my hand, it becomes my hand. Joined: Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, for a person of her race, her ass isn't bootylicious enough.... oh wait, wrong ass.

Lisa is my main, she's actually mid to low tier but I enjoyed using her a lot and when I use low tier characters tiers tend to go out the window :rofl:
    only 5 lines isnt enough to say anything meaningful and be understood, so all i can say is .....

"live like water, and love like the sun"
    ·
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say pulling back on the fun bags, but more like using the "enhancements" on the other "features".
    ·
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,365
    I like how Hayashi tries to be like Itagaki with his trash talk, but he has yet to truly stand apart from his former boss in any significant way.

First he was quoted about how the likes of Ninja Gaiden 2 and Bayonetta are "outdated" (as per the aarticle here: http://www.play-mag.co.uk/general/ninja-gaiden-producer-bayonetta-is-outdated/), now he's talking about how fighting games have stagnated. Given the (unwelcome) changes he's introduced into NG3 thus far, this makes me a bit cautious about just what he stands to do with DOA5.

What's next? QTE-interactions for Stage Transitions, a la MKvDC? :lol:
    ·
  • DR JayDR Jay Joined: Posts: 22
    DOA 5 is definitely slower than DOA4 but it looks great.
    SSF4AE: Ryu, E.Ryu, Ken, Bison;
    BlazBlue: Ragna;
    MVC3: Wolverine/Akuma/Phoenix or Dante/Wesker/Zero;
    3SO: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Yun;
    AH3: Nazuna
    ·
    The gameplay shown in the pre-alpha trailer was the same as DOA4. It's not that it's "slower" but that the AI was being slow to attack. There were instances where it just stood there, no okizeme was used at all, and it just allowed itself to take the hits. The focus was obviously on the stage transitions in this trailer.
    ·
  • VGmaster9VGmaster9 Joined: Posts: 255
    Edit- Actually just read the article, seems more like he's implying the girls are going to look "good" as opposed to just tits. Maybe a reference about how they've dropped the doll like look to go for this more realistic approach.''

I kinda prefer the anime kinda look. It makes them look graceful imo.
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 386 ✭✭
    http://zoknowsgaming.com/2011/09/15/dead-alive-5-development-coming-2012/
    [SIZE=12px]" In Dead Or Alive 5 players will be able to feel more involved in the action as they see their fighters sweat as they exert more energy. Further, the grittier realistic design of these beloved fighters adds a new layer of depth to the Dead Or Alive series."[/SIZE]

Sweaty girl on girl confirmed.
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,013 ✭✭✭
    Not going to lie, Jan Lee is my second favorite JKD/Jun Fan character right after Jacky Bryant.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    Well I hope they don't fuck DOA up. The new Team Ninja hasn't impressed anyone so far. Their vision for more interaction could mean some bullshit like God of War style action sequences with stages. I hope they prove me wrong though, it's been too long since a DOA game and I don't want some next gen version of DOA: Dimensions.
    ·
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 913
    They better bring back the lobbys from DOA4. They were to sick.

" Watching Early 1900's Classics "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
    ·
    I do appreciate the more realistic look they are going for now. The anime faces would look completely off given the more realistic looking stages and better graphics.
    ·
  • GlennfinitoGlennfinito Scrubmonster Joined: Posts: 107
    I need even bigger hitsparks! I can still see what's going on..
    Other than that, it looks kind of cool.
    ·
  • CrashdCrashd Joined: Posts: 270
    First he was quoted about how the likes of Ninja Gaiden 2 and Bayonetta are "outdated" (as per the aarticle here: http://www.play-mag.co.uk/general/ninja-gaiden-producer-bayonetta-is-outdated/), now he's talking about how fighting games have stagnated. Given the (unwelcome) changes he's introduced into NG3 thus far, this makes me a bit cautious about just what he stands to do with DOA5.
    Well I hope they don't fuck DOA up. The new Team Ninja hasn't impressed anyone so far.
    I have a good feeling about Ninja Gaiden 3, and if the YouTube comments are anything to go off of, most of the stuff that people are upset about is dumb.

Worst case scenario: it will be twice as good as any God of War game.

Isn't it weird that Team Ninja made the super-hardcore 3D action game and the casual 3D fighter?
    ·
  • jinsaotomex3jinsaotomex3 It's tooth brushing time! Joined: Posts: 5,973
    We need to start a petition ... No pancake asses for the DOA girls. Shit is disgusting.
    Supreme Overlord and ruler of the Hentai realm.
    Brushy brushy brushy : http://pastebin.com/aPHTTgfc
    Brushing your little sister's teeth, Jin Saotome style.
    ·
    We need to start a petition ... No pancake asses for the DOA girls. Shit is disgusting.
    But asian girls have pancake asses
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
  • RindoukanKarateManRindoukanKarateMan I like Karate Girls Joined: Posts: 504
    Agreed, for a person of her race, her ass isn't bootylicious enough.... oh wait, wrong ass.
    NONE of the chicks in DOA have ass. its annoying
    3rd strike-Makoto dudley
    ssf4-Makoto,Dudley,Guy
    Blazeblue-Bang,Bang,Bang,Makoto
    tekken-Raven
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    totally agree with that
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ·
  • JenetJenet Suck it Joined: Posts: 66
    You people are seriously crapping yourselves over virtual asses? Wow, that's pretty sad.
    I'd rather see the dev team focus on things like making the ladies look realistic instead of like lifeless mannequins and bringing back a plentiful selection of costumes like in DOA2: Ultimate than waste time trying to please a bunch of perverts.
    SRK Gold: "Logic 101" - Elena's African, Dudley's a racially ambiguous Englishman and Christie Monteiro's Brazillian. Therefor, they're all "Black".
    ·
    No, Hayashi wants to make it into a God of War game. Every single statement from him seems to indicate this.
    Isn't it weird that Team Ninja made the super-hardcore 3D action game and the casual 3D fighter?
    Yes that is weird. The new Team Ninja seems to have forsaken the former, let's hope they do not fuck up the latter.
    I am cautiously optimistic about DOA 5 but I don't think they will take it into the direction of DoA 3.1/3.2 (the JPN/EU versions) which is sad.
    ·
    But asian girls have pancake asses

Tina needs to be thick as fuck.
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
    ·
    La Mariposa should have a badonka-donk.
    ·
  • Maxwell755Maxwell755 It's Showtime Joined: Posts: 355
    I am excited. But I don't really care for this tits and ass crap people are talking about.
    ·
    They should bring the game back to its roots, that being a VF clone, and then work on it based on the latest version of VF (FS).
    -Mike_Z

·
    The new guy might actually make it a good fighting game not just eye candy.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    The new guy might actually make it a good fighting game not just eye candy.

You're talking about the guy who made this feature.

That ads fucking hilarious.
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
    ·
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,389
    I have been wishing for this since I first saw tournament play of DOA4. Hitomi is a fucking babe (as are most of the girls) and the stages are awesome. My cousin once brought over his 360 and I DL'ed the demo. We played the shit out of it and the only reason I dont have it is bc I own a PS3. Now I know there must be a FG god out there:D

And I definitely wouldnt mind a new Bloody Roar.
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

·
    You're talking about the guy who made this feature.

vid

That ads fucking hilarious.
    LMAO

I like their sense of humor.

I remember DoA2 being a lot of fun on the DC, hopefully they get the fun part right at least.

Wasn't DoA2 the first to have tag team where you and a friend could control 1 character on the same team?
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
  • Maxwell755Maxwell755 It's Showtime Joined: Posts: 355
    DOA2 Hardcore is still the best. Best soundtrack, best outfits, best stages. Best everything.
    ·
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima Put water into my hand, it becomes my hand. Joined: Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO

I like their sense of humor.

I remember DoA2 being a lot of fun on the DC, hopefully they get the fun part right at least.

Wasn't DoA2 the first to have tag team where you and a friend could control 1 character on the same team?

yep

and im really surprised that the online survival mode hasnt been implemented into any other fighting games
    only 5 lines isnt enough to say anything meaningful and be understood, so all i can say is .....

"live like water, and love like the sun"
    ·
  • JacopeXJacopeX "Veras el color rojo cuando termine contigo." Joined: Posts: 418
    I love the DOA series. The only non stop, fast paced 3d fighter I ever played. The other 3D fighters seem very slow for my taste.

Jann Lee FTW! XD

Probably the only 3D fighter I enjoy.
    ST/Alpha 3/CVS2/SSF4AE2012: Claw
    XBL/GGPO: JacopeX (currently learning how to Fightstick...sorry. =( )
    ·
    No, Hayashi wants to make it into a God of War game. Every single statement from him seems to indicate this.

Yes that is weird. The new Team Ninja seems to have forsaken the former, let's hope they do not fuck up the latter.
    I am cautiously optimistic about DOA 5 but I don't think they will take it into the direction of DoA 3.1/3.2 (the JPN/EU versions) which is sad.

How's it going Glenn? It's been a long time.

The only comments about GoW Hayashi has made are in terms of Ninja Gaiden 3, and even then he was pressured into it by the interviewer.

But yeah, I often wondered why NG seemed to have a hardcore fighting system when DOA was always so ..... "accessible".

Here's hoping TN wises up on this one and takes in advice from the competitive fanbase. I know I just sent off some questions and feedback from those over at http://www.FreeStepDodge.com to Team NINJA. Hopefully we get something back better than Perfect Legend's interviews.
    ·
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 403
    I really think this game could be something more now that Itagaki isn't hovering over its development.

I feel like his distaste for everything he didn't make himself was holding this series back from being a more respected fighting game franchise. He's too..."opinionated" to see that other games could have good ideas.
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
    ·
  • KayEyeDeeKayEyeDee Play what you like. Joined: Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭
    yeah being a tekken player I think I already know this :rofl:

the cars and the tiger was easy to deal with, the combat is very very simplistic, having said that I believe the future of some fighting games franchises will have a much more dynamic involvement with the environment which will then become a much more respected form of strategy simulation
    Super Smash Bros?
    ·
  • Kaiten92Kaiten92 Well-Known Pervert Joined: Posts: 12,389
    Tina needs to be thick as fuck.
    Quoted this just bc I can't like it on tapatalk

Sent from your phone
    "Persona 4 Golden has taught me that I need to focus on maxing my S.Link's IRL.
    Too bad I spent like 80+ hours on a Single player game w/ non-existent people and fictional love interests.
    Kind of counterproductive isn't it?

·
  • ShigShig Joined: Posts: 459
    I just hope their faces don't creep me out this time.
    ·
    How's it going Glenn? It's been a long time.

The only comments about GoW Hayashi has made are in terms of Ninja Gaiden 3, and even then he was pressured into it by the interviewer.

But yeah, I often wondered why NG seemed to have a hardcore fighting system when DOA was always so ..... "accessible".

Here's hoping TN wises up on this one and takes in advice from the competitive fanbase. I know I just sent off some questions and feedback from those over at http://www.FreeStepDodge.com to Team NINJA. Hopefully we get something back better than Perfect Legend's interviews.
    Lol yeah it has. It was true Hayashi was pressured by the interviewer. But from what he has shown so far I still think he's going for the GoW fanbase.
    In regards to DoA I'm hoping he was the one behind the changes in 3.1/3.2. That would be promising.
    ·
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,365
    I have a good feeling about Ninja Gaiden 3, and if the YouTube comments are anything to go off of, most of the stuff that people are upset about is dumb.

Alright, let's just showcase one example of what I think is wrong with NG3.

http://h2.abload.de/img/ng3ena9ru.gif (Credit to the original source who made it over at NeoGAF)

What's wrong with this picture? Apparently now in NG3, if you're able to disarm/disable/intimidate an enemy, they'll be reduced to this status where they won't even try to fight back. I really, REALLY hope that was only for the sake of the demo, because part of the fun of Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden games was fighting enemies that would come at you with a dogged-determination to KILL YOUR ASS. These simps right here are making the average mook in any Musou game look positively aggressive in comparison! At least the Musou mook would stay on his feet and stand around, poking at you every few seconds! :lol:

Combine that with various other aspects (taking away dismemberment, which was just as functional as it was fun) and so forth? Is there really any wonder why some of us are a bit apprehensive with what Hayashi and "Team Ninja Dog" will do next?
    ·
  • b15k3b15k3 Lobbying Lei Lei for Skullgirls DLC Joined: Posts: 493
    The hilarious thing is they're calling the easy mode for NG3 "Hero Mode" lol.

After watching people play it on normal and hard difficulty I guess it's still something I'll wind up playing. I'm just pretty unhype about where the direction seems to be going.

The stealth segments and the hitting the trigger buttons to crawl up walls and things all seem horribly implemented. And fuck, the game has full move support so you can feel like you're "really swinging a sword," I mean wtf.
    ·