Dead or Alive 5

Comments

• Colen RetroFYTColen RetroFYT Gifted kids with a spice of hidden talent Joined: Posts: 124
    They are still asking for input for the patch. I hope they dont go on a nerfing rampage.
    agree
    ·
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 863 ✭✭✭
    DID8/Absolute Battle 3 Grand Finals:
    ·
  • shuntsurigishuntsurigi 6 month old gamer Joined: Posts: 181
    Kudos to mamba for winning and kudos to master for his amazing come back (almost)
    The piano has been drinking...not me.
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,856 mod
    Grats' to BlackCrack Mamba, especially for winning with someone who many consider to be a low tier character.
    ·
    Probably Mamba killed the low tier Helena Notion with his force tech set Ups. Perfect Legend mentioned it weeks ago. Nobody believed him...Now everybody is talking about force techs...
    ·
    Its sad because it's the way you had to play DOA4, so I'm shocked at the amount of players who weren't attempting it.
    ·
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭
    So that's what you do with Ryu. Man I suck at this game.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    ·
    Yeah, Ryu is a mid range sniper using his ninpo tricks to keep you just out of range from whiff punishing.
    ·
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    That was a glorious GF and liked how fast pace it was too
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    ·
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    Anybody here checked out the guidebook? How is it?
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
    ·
    Anybody here checked out the guidebook? How is it?

I don't have it but there's a free sample PDF of Kasumi you can find googling. It was written by Dr.Dogg, a competitive DOA player, so it's very good from what i've heard.
    ·
    DOA5 confirmed for IPL in 2013.
    DrDOgg wrote:
    More details will be available on Friday, but for now I can confirm that DOA5 will be a featured title in the main IPL tournament series starting in 2013.

You guys asked for it. Now I expect to see every single one of you at these events.
    ·
    New DoA 5 costume dlc pack

Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    ·
  • Joe ZombieJoe Zombie Joined: Posts: 56
    Am I the only one who just wants new stages? Enough with the costumes already...
    ·
    Japanese Tournament Qualifier Grand Finals in Korea:

Tutorial in understanding the true frame data when attack punishing:
    ·
  • SeigfreidSeigfreid Touch my member Joined: Posts: 81
    Apologies for the self-promotion but my 'Top Players Replays' series is going strong and is at #96 right now:

I've also uploaded a couple of FT5 sets between top players, here's one featuring ZeoRebirth (really good Akira player) and ArtemisX:

·
  • PurpleLemonadeGGPOPurpleLemonadeGGPO Joined: Posts: 1,336
    Sorry if this has already been stated, but what's the doa5 equivalent of SRK? I'd like to know more about this game.
    ·
    Probably FreeStepDodge.com would be the best answer to that question.
    ·
    FreeStepDodge would be the better choice over DoACentral
    ·
  • Thatdude8Thatdude8 Joined: Posts: 299
    Usually if a feature is not in on release its deal with it for the community. Good on Team Ninja for patching that in.
    ·
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 10,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vita port incoming!!
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    ·
    Glad its coming on the Vita, Vita actually building a good collection for fighter games
    ·
    The only thing that'll justify the "Plus" moniker for me is a World Heroes style Death Match mode.
    ·
  • RikutoRikuto Joined: Posts: 114
    Helena bodies everybody at NEC, this time in the hands of a 14 year old kid.

They called me salty at D.I.D. but I can't say I didn't warn people...
    ·
    No idea why people branded Helena low tier simply because her damage output is garbage. Also with Exhibition Mode people can now rejoice they can play Alpha 152 without having to grind titles
    ·
  • Hot PantsHot Pants Bring Back SonSon! Joined: Posts: 527
    Pretty interested in this game. How's Ayane? She was my main in DoA2. <3
    Just wanted to know. Is the netcode for this game good?
    Nova/Dormammu/Strider
    ·
  • The MartianThe Martian Big Time Gamer. Joined: Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty interested in this game. How's Ayane? She was my main in DoA2. <3
    Just wanted to know. Is the netcode for this game good?
    All around the ninjas seem to have gotten at least a small nerf, but they're still really good. Hayabusa is really different now. Netcode is fine as well. The people that complain just have shitty connections.

Goddamn I've been looking for this thread for so long. Search function on this website is dicks.

Sadly I had to get rid of my copy but I'll be getting another soon. Have there been any changes since the game's release?
    "When a person's got nothing, hope is about the kindest thing you can give her...or the cruelest."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 0490-5850-8447
    ·
    Exhibition mode with (almost) all costumes, characters, stages unlocked confirmed.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/team-ninja-details-next-upcoming-patch-for-dead-or-alive-5.2090/

Most probably IPL is what pushed them to add it in.
    ·
  • RikutoRikuto Joined: Posts: 114
    No idea why people branded Helena low tier simply because her damage output is garbage. Also with Exhibition Mode people can now rejoice they can play Alpha 152 without having to grind titles

Because she was garbage. The initial patch made a stealth change to the games system which gave her the ability to force tech as she does now, making her the headache that she is.
    ·
  • Maria CroftMaria Croft Joined: Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    I'm still not even a little convinced Helena is top tier.
    I 'am' happy to know she isn't low tier though.
    ·
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i want to know, is when are they going to give me the option to buy the unlockable swimsuits >:(
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ·
    What i want to know, is when are they going to give me the option to buy the unlockable swimsuits >:(
    They released them for sale on the marketplaces 2 or 3 weeks ago...
    ·
    They released them for sale on the marketplaces 2 or 3 weeks ago...
    I am talking about the special swimsuits of Tina, Elisa and Christie, the ones when you finish some survival mode
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ·
  • IlthuainIlthuain Lost in a labyrinth of egoism Joined: Posts: 402

I think every game should have a "unlock everything that is normally unlocked through play" DLC option. I can spare $5 more than I can spare time.
    "They took three locks of her yellow hair; Lay the bairn tae the bonnie broom
    And wi' them strung that harp so rare; Fa la la la la la la la la la"
    -Old Blind Dogs
    ·
    Exactly, that is something that is present on almost every game genre except fg's and fps's :/
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ·
  • KOTBHHakethKOTBHHaketh Joined: Posts: 44
    Helena bodies everybody at NEC, this time in the hands of a 14 year old kid.
    Sonic is pretty godlike, kid got Top 4 in MK to.
    ·
    Sonic is pretty godlike, kid got Top 4 in MK to.

He's not talking about Sawnik, he's talking about XCaliburBLadeZ. But yes, Sawnik got 3rd in the DOA5 NEC tournament.
    ·
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Never. They know you (many people in general) want it too much.

Ever notice how a majority of the DLC packs are slight variations on previous costumes? It's good to have something to work towards.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
    ·
    Never. They know you (many people in general) want it too much.

Ever notice how a majority of the DLC packs are slight variations on previous costumes? It's good to have something to work towards.
    Meh, i think that giving the option to work for it or pay for it is always good.
    Not everyone is willing to put the time on single player modes when they can expend it playing the game against other people, which is the real goal of fgs.
    It would be nice if they give me the option of how i would like to obtain them, like how it is done on racing games for example, i don't mind playing the single player campaign to unlock the cars and tracks, but not everyone has the time or wants to do it, so they give the option for both type of players to get them.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ·
  • Hot PantsHot Pants Bring Back SonSon! Joined: Posts: 527
    All around the ninjas seem to have gotten at least a small nerf, but they're still really good. Hayabusa is really different now. Netcode is fine as well. The people that complain just have shitty connections.

Goddamn I've been looking for this thread for so long. Search function on this website is dicks.

Sadly I had to get rid of my copy but I'll be getting another soon. Have there been any changes since the game's release?
    Thanks for the info. I love me some Ninja girls.
    Nova/Dormammu/Strider
    ·
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 926 ✭✭✭
    Meh, i think that giving the option to work for it or pay for it is always good.
    Not everyone is willing to put the time on single player modes when they can expend it playing the game against other people, which is the real goal of fgs.
    It would be nice if they give me the option of how i would like to obtain them, like how it is done on racing games for example, i don't mind playing the single player campaign to unlock the cars and tracks, but not everyone has the time or wants to do it, so they give the option for both type of players to get them.

There's already little to no incentive to play any of the single player modes as is in DoA 5. It's not going to kill you to work for more costumes. And not everyone starts out online unless they already have a good grasp of the fighting system.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
    ·
    I play DoA 5 for the plot xd
    ·
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 948
    Thanks for the info. I love me some Ninja girls.

Kasumi is god awful now though.
    ·
    So Latif is picking up this game as well. In fact I hear he's part of Emperor Cow's upcoming video series.
    ·
  • extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 948
    Wow, now that's an honor! What made him switch from Scrub Fighter IV to DoA5?
    ·
    Who said he "switched"? He could just be adding it to his tournament portfolio.
    ·