Dead or Alive 5

Comments

• d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 25,977 mod
    Not everyone only plays one game you know.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

• extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 924
    What made him want to play DoA5 then?
    K-Mai,Rock,Kyo
    C-Morrigan,Ken,Iori
    SF4 - Chun-Li
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 14,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What usually makes people pick a game, they like it, they have an interest on trying it, etc
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • SeigfreidSeigfreid Touch my member Joined: Posts: 81
  • DavDzDavDz Joined: Posts: 464
    Exhibition mode with (almost) all costumes, characters, stages unlocked confirmed.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/team-ninja-details-next-upcoming-patch-for-dead-or-alive-5.2090/

So is there a release date for this patch?

On a related note,I got the game not too long ago and I did all the requirements for unlocking Pai Chan. It even gave me a notification that she was available to play. However, she doesn't show up at the character select screen on any of the modes...Is this a problem only I am experiencing or do other people have this problem as well? Not sure if I could call it a glitch. It says I unlocked this character, yet this character is still locked.
    " I only go into FGD if I hate my life" Someone from General Discussion. I forget who
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 832 ✭✭
    Sounds like a glitch. I'd suggest running through story mode while doing the side tasks if you haven't already as that's the most typical way to unlock her. The official way to unlock her is get 100 titles.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upcoming 1.03 patch will allow you to upload matches directly to facebook and youtube from the game.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/30/dead-or-alive-5-ver-1-03-patch-will-let-you-record-and-upload-matches/

They provided a test video for the uploading.

PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DavDzDavDz Joined: Posts: 464
    Sounds like a glitch. I'd suggest running through story mode while doing the side tasks if you haven't already as that's the most typical way to unlock her. The official way to unlock her is get 100 titles.

Just did what you recommended. It took me a while, but she's finally unlocked on my end now
    " I only go into FGD if I hate my life" Someone from General Discussion. I forget who
    As posted by someone on FSD.
    boobs_zpsa4627dc4.jpg
    -Mike_Z

Here's an interesting question. Would you be willing to lose holds out of stun if in it's place, we instead got the ability to hold out of block stun (i.e. similar to red parrying in 3rd Strike)?
    -Mike_Z

• shuntsurigishuntsurigi 6 month old gamer Joined: Posts: 181
    I would gladly lose holds from stun and change it for your suggestion or for some kind of non damaging combo breaker.
    The piano has been drinking...not me.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, i think that giving the option to work for it or pay for it is always good.

That's precisely what Itagaki believed regarding DLC.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    That's precisely what Itagaki believed regarding DLC.
    Well, at least they are giving now the option to get the costumes by playing ranked matches
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    That Update ^-^

Woot Zack Island Stage
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • The MartianThe Martian Achieving Maximum Spider. Joined: Posts: 7,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone in this thread should support that breast cancer shit.
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
    Patch is supposedly out on PS3.

Also, new batch of costumes are supposedly available on Japanese PSN.
    09.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    -Mike_Z

I just downloaded an update but it doesn't seem like anything's different. Wasn't there supposed to be a new stage and an Exhibition mode?

EDIT: Found Exhibition, but still not seeing the new stage.

My Tumblr.
    I just downloaded an update but it doesn't seem like anything's different. Wasn't there supposed to be a new stage and an Exhibition mode?

EDIT: Found Exhibition, but still not seeing the new stage.
    You have to DL it off the PSN store as free DLC.
    -Mike_Z

Ah, graicias

My Tumblr.
    Sexy pics

I can't wait for their release on the PSN :lovin:
    Also, time to grind on Ranked mode in order to unlock the other 3 swimsuits :rock:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Wha? How do you unlock swimsuit costumes?

My Tumblr.
    Wha? How do you unlock swimsuit costumes?

Paraphrasing the 1.03 patch notes
    150 ranked matches played unlocks Tina bikini
    200 ranked matches played unlocks Christie bikini
    300 ranked matches played unlocks Elisa bikini

It doesn't matter what character you use
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Paraphrasing the 1.03 patch notes
    150 ranked matches played unlocks Tina bikini
    200 ranked matches played unlocks Christie bikini
    300 ranked matches played unlocks Elisa bikini

It doesn't matter what character you use
    Mila doesn't get much love :(

My Tumblr.
    Mila doesn't get much love :(
    wel it seems that i made a mistake this are the real numbers needed
    • [Costume] Each character costume (except Gen Fu, Akira, Sarah and Pai) – Fight a ranked match to unlock a costume of the character used. 1 costume is unlocked for every 10 matches fought.
    • [Costume] Tina’s Legend costume (swimsuit)- Fight 50 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    • [Costume] Christie’s Legend costume (swimsuit) – Fight 100 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    • [Costume] La Mariposa’s Legend costume (swimsuit) – Fight 200 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    • [Character] Akira – Fight 25 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    • [Character] Sarah – Fight 75 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    • [Character] Gen Fu – Fight 125 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    • [Character] Pai – Fight 150 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    • [Character] Alpha-152 – Fight 300 ranked matches. The characters used do not matter.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Sarah and Pai getting on the swimsuit action.
    d10-noscale.jpg
    d11-noscale.jpg
    -Mike_Z

Sarah and Pai getting on the swimsuit action.
    The swimsuit pack is already on the PSN
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DanxDanx XD@U Joined: Posts: 471
    Been watching high level footage of this game and I gotta say it looks amazing in tournament play.....have no clue why its still getting the same rep as DOA4 though or why it wouldn't be a auto inclusion to EVO like SFXT 13. Anyways I hope this game still has some legs by the extended community, hopefully its embraced in japan or somewhere else where I know people have a bit more diversity in their taste in fighters.
  • JayAlanCarterJayAlanCarter Arashikage Joined: Posts: 171
    well wasnt this game supposed to be included in IPL? lately, all i hear from that are the capcom games.. was doa5 dropped?
    ...or why it wouldn't be a auto inclusion to EVO like SFXT 13...

Well, obviously tecmo probably didn't use the power of the almighty $ to get the game on the evo line up like capcom with sfxt (again :bluu: )
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • DanxDanx XD@U Joined: Posts: 471
    Well, obviously tecmo probably didn't use the power of the almighty $ to get the game on the evo line up like capcom with sfxt (again :bluu: )

I kind of prefer what tecmo is doing with this game in that sense. I would rather the respect and credibility of the game be built off the players rather then a money pass to major tournaments. This game has some serious growth potential and were not even a year into fully exploring the meta game....who knows how good this game will look in 3 years. Either way I would rather have a game like SFXT in evo then DOA at this point because I think DOA needs to develop a legitimate respect for itself right. A money pass would just make people consider it a cash cow and I would rather capcom have the monopoly in that regard hehe:)
    360 patch is delayed to Feb.

*sigh*

What is it with MS and delaying patches for fighting games.
    Been watching high level footage of this game and I gotta say it looks amazing in tournament play.....have no clue why its still getting the same rep as DOA4 though or why it wouldn't be a auto inclusion to EVO like SFXT 13. Anyways I hope this game still has some legs by the extended community, hopefully its embraced in japan or somewhere else where I know people have a bit more diversity in their taste in fighters.
    Can't really talk much about this, but from what I've heard from some sources, EVO staff weren't too keen about having DOA. Off course, I'm don't really know what's going on behind the scenes so I have no idea what the reasons are.

Also, Japan is weird when it comes to DOA. The players who do play it are actually the ones who helped make DOA4 the trainwreck that it was. Japanese DOA players (who are supposedly also VF players) supposedly prefer there to be more hold out of stun compared to US players who wish they were removed in their entirety.

EDIT: Found out that the patch was delayed due to a glitch that prevents people from stagger escaping certain deep stuns. There's already a good sized movement in the DOA community for Team NINJA to keep this in. I'm inclined to agree.
    -Mike_Z

I really don't understand what possible issue people could have with holds in this one. I mean sure, in 4 it was utter shit, but now it's fine. I feel like removing hitstun holds from the game completely would just totally change the game.

My Tumblr.
    Because it limits the opportunities for guaranteed damage, something which also affects the balance.
    -Mike_Z

I guess I can understand that, but without them being the way they are it would be little different from the rock-paper-scissors type of gameplay every other 3D fighter has. I play DOA because it's so different from the likes of SC or Tekken. DOA emphasizes on your ability to mix it up. I like that.

My Tumblr.
    I guess I can understand that, but without them being the way they are it would be little different from the rock-paper-scissors type of gameplay every other 3D fighter has. I play DOA because it's so different from the likes of SC or Tekken. DOA emphasizes on your ability to mix it up. I like that.
    Mix ups are supposed to happen before you get in a hit, not after. The problem with the holds out of stun is that they punish a player that has successfully played the neutral game by requiring them to "mix it up" afterwards.
    -Mike_Z

• SeigfreidSeigfreid Touch my member Joined: Posts: 81
    Bass is so much fun in v1.03. And no, the glitch doesn't affect his combos:
    1v1 in 1.03A looks to be meh. However Tag mode, which has seemingly retained the lack of stagger escape from certain criticals is hype. It's like Mahvell in 3D. I expect full TOD tag combos by next week.
    -Mike_Z

yes, I'm not a tag player but even I wouldn't mind doing tag tournaments:

It's more hype for the spectator I think, and adds a sense of synergy to it.
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is free for EU PS Plus.

I can't find what's the competitive standard regarding the controls in this game. Stick or pad? Which button layout? Which sidestep command? (The one you can set in the options)
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    tataki wrote: »
    This game is free for EU PS Plus.

I can't find what's the competitive standard regarding the controls in this game. Stick or pad? Which button layout? Which sidestep command? (The one you can set in the options)

Most people I know set their layout to be similar to what VF has. As for sidestep, P+K+G.

Also, alot of players are switching to tag mode due to the differences that allow for more guaranteed combos without having to play the stun/counter game.
    -Mike_Z

• tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    d3v wrote: »
    Also, alot of players are switching to tag mode due to the differences that allow for more guaranteed combos without having to play the stun/counter game.

Then why play DOA to begin with?!
    Post edited by tataki on
    Former account:
    d3v wrote: »

Then why play DOA to begin with?!
    Because there's a decent game underneath. Also, the main issue with the stun/counter game is not that it still exists. But rather that the risk/reward balance still isn't right. While this isn't DOA4 where the best thing to do was to get hit and then counter out, it still feels at times that it's too easy to get out of a combo (and conversely, not much reward for going for one).
    -Mike_Z

• PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    Really nice pictures above. Just a shame VF exists ;)
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this isn't the best thread to ask this but anyway, I missed out on this game due to little money but I'll be picking up DOA5+ (I always get handheld releases of fighters) and figured it'd be a good way to see if I would like the game enough to buy it on console and all. Rambling aside, I know nothing about the game and while I can do that research on my own, what does the tier list look like? That's one thing I can't find. I asked on gfaqs but, slow replies there.
    PSN: rayplay
    I'm outrageous. So anti social that I make others feel like THEY'RE the outcasts, not me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
    edited March 2013
    It's really hard to find organized info on this game, FSD included... Is it too much to ask for solid top 10 moves lists + reasoning? I really don't need more than that in 3D fighters...
    Post edited by tataki on
    Former account:
    It's really hard to find organized info on this game, FSD included... Is it too much to ask for solid top 10 moves lists + reasoning? I really don't need more than that in 3D fighters...
    Because there's a bunch of guys in FSD who're more interested in arguing and drama over actually putting down anything useful.

I actually had to tell 'em off before some of them started to take the tier list/matchup thread seriously.
    -Mike_Z