The Razer Arcade Stick Thread!

Comments

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 401
    edited November 2016
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,664
    After checking Canada Cup, it looks like Infiltration couldn't install a normal Myoungshin Fanta. It also looks like he dealing with a Japanese lever or a JP-mounted Korean lever with those cool big transparent bat tops you can only get in Korea.

Also the front of the new Atrox looks like the port is the same as the XB1 version.

Not a big fan of the special control panel being in front of the main layout.
    Yeah madcatz has been doing the same with the tes+. hori has the right idea for the touchpad placement imo.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,755
    Styles wrote: »
    It looks like Razer is making a regular PS4 controller. Does this mean that the Razer hate for Sony has finally been fixed? Maybe a stick to come?
    http://www.gsmarena.com/ps_gets_its_first_licensed_thirdparty_pro_controllers-blog-21376.php

Well there shit for the Xbox One and Razer always been about competitive gaming.
    You got to go where the money is.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 88
    After checking Canada Cup, it looks like Infiltration couldn't install a normal Myoungshin Fanta. It also looks like he dealing with a Japanese lever or a JP-mounted Korean lever with those cool big transparent bat tops you can only get in Korea.

Also the front of the new Atrox looks like the port is the same as the XB1 version.

Not a big fan of the special control panel being in front of the main layout.

I'm wondering if he's using a Crown 309FJ on his setup
    img_0830.jpg
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,664
    No he is not. He is using his own lever from Crown. Prototype.
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 88
    Looks like I'm going to put on hold buying another Crown lever for my other stick
  • nickmalnickmal Joined: Posts: 35
    Hello guys, i'm one of the owner Razer Atrox SSFIV limited edition
    (which means, I can't change the artwork due to the front panel 4 bolts have already been sealed by the manufacturer).
    that's just too bad. However....

i just wondering.....i wanna keep both PCB but i still wanna link em' to brook universal PCB so i plug and play to all console.

is it possible?
    because i find it's quite complicated to dismantle the LED/Turbo/Xbox wiring
    and soldered em' to Brook Universal board.

any guidelines and tutorial?
    Thanks.

here's my last PCB screenshot
    Razer Atrox user with 6buttons, Need help with modding (Brook Universal Installation)
    Theres really no point in keeping the original pcb. Theres a full tutorial on how to install the brook ufb on page 32 of this thread
    Dubon wrote: »
    Theres really no point in keeping the original pcb. Theres a full tutorial on how to install the brook ufb on page 32 of this thread
    mine is this one atrox_ssfiv_ae_ce_622x320.jpg

i read that part (page32) plenty of times. i have no problem on mainboard. but the LED/Turbo/X-Button board is the complex one to work with.

i m talking about:
    gTQo_52D5haW6oxIN_lb-MKz41gAH5yX4CyMhyAZRjQ?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

for this part....i don't know how to begin with.
    please help.

Razer Atrox user with 6buttons, Need help with modding (Brook Universal Installation)
    Uh, the post by plasmawaffle is about as detailed as anyone can explain it to you. Its the same stick, wether its the regular 360 version or the ssfiv version doesnt matter. If you cant do it with that much info you should probably get a modder to do it for you. Where are you located?
  • lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 227
    Are there any reliable reviews for the Razer Panthera stick? I want something that opens but rigid. The TE2 never felt good in my hands, so I'm hoping it's better than that.
  • perilXperilX Joined: Posts: 61
    I placed my order for a Panthera. Will update when I get it. I've a TE2 and TES+ to compare to.
    The case looks to be the same as the 360/xbone version. Im intrested in seeing the pcb though.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,376
    I'm more interested in the "revised cable connector" and "improved construction" I've been seeing people talk about on twitter, because so far all the mock-up images seem to indicate otherwise.
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
    I don't have an Atrox to compare to, unfortunately. Though it does look like it's a different size in photos, so it's possible.
    Alright, Panthera came in. Here's what I got from it compared to TE2 and TES+. Sizes/weights might be a little bit off. All in MM.

Panthera: 380 x 262 x 69, 7lbs 6oz
    TE2: 390 x 306 x 64, 7lbs 10oz
    TES+: 366 x 242 x 65, 6lbs

So these are so you can compare with an atrox if you have one. Flat space would be before the stick slopes down. On the top portion, it includes the touch panel area in the flat space measurement.

Flat space below LK button: 80
    Flat space above LP button: 70

Aside from that, it seems to be identical to the Atrox, though I believe the size might be different. Obviously the top panel is different as it has a touch panel incorporated. The plexi is glued to the top panel, from what I can tell, as I was able to pull it up a bit and heard the glue. Hopefully Tek can make some plexi for us so I can pull this one up!
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    I'm more interested in the "revised cable connector" and "improved construction" I've been seeing people talk about on twitter, because so far all the mock-up images seem to indicate otherwise.

z3GJrON.jpg
    edited December 2016
    What? So you cant remove the plexi? Can u post pics of the underside of the lid? Also would you be willing to uncover the pcb?
    What? So you cant remove the plexi? Can u post pics of the underside of the lid? Also would you be willing to uncover the pcb?

You can in the same way that you could remove the TES+ plexi, though since it's thicker it might snap as you pull it up from the glue.

I'm not gonna uncover the pcb as I haven't decided if I am keeping it yet. No xinput on a Razer product seems like a huge oversight.
    Ok, just to clarify, atrox has 6 screws on the bottom of the lid witch need to be unscrewed to allow the plexi to be lifted up. So your saying the plexi is now glued to the top panel and unscrewing these screws does nothing?
    Ok, just to clarify, atrox has 6 screws on the bottom of the lid witch need to be unscrewed to allow the plexi to be lifted up. So your saying the plexi is now glued to the top panel and unscrewing these screws does nothing?

there are no screws
    Holy shit that was one of the things the atrox had going for it. Im guessing they decided against it because the turbo panel is in the area where the top middle screw was.
    Holy shit that was one of the things the atrox had going for it. Im guessing they decided against it because the turbo panel is in the area where the top middle screw was.

Markman told me it was a functional change to make it feel more solid. It works, imo. The top panel isn't the same so the hole placements wouldn't matter.
    Oh yeah, from earlier in this thread:
    Product Weight: 3.32Kg
    Product Width: 262mm
    Product Length: 380mm
    Product Height: 126mm
    edited December 2016
    Btw did they put anything on the pcb cover screws to indicate its been tampered with?
    Btw did they put anything on the pcb cover screws to indicate its been tampered with?

Who cares, the unofficial motto here is Warranty Voided.
    Only Company who I seen really do it to all their screws is Mad Catz.

Razer would if anything have a warranty void if broken sticker.
  • boxcarpilotboxcarpilot Joined: Posts: 7
    edited December 2016
    Hello guys, I changed the balltop to a yellow one, bu it keeps getting loose from time to time (every hour or so).

I do not know if I am missing something in regards how to attach it...

Maybe I´m applying too much force when using the Stick??

The stick is the sanwa that comes with the Atrox, I just change the restrictor gate to Octagonal, and used this balltop: SEIMITSU-LB35-BALLTOP-YELLOW

Maybe balltops need to be same brand?

Thanks
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,376
    Tighten it with a flat head screwdriver
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    Tighten it with a flat head screwdriver

THIS, do this.

Just hold on to that balltop as you twist the joystick's shaft with a screw driver.
    There a slot for a screw flat head screw driver.
    Uh, the post by plasmawaffle is about as detailed as anyone can explain it to you. Its the same stick, wether its the regular 360 version or the ssfiv version doesnt matter. If you cant do it with that much info you should probably get a modder to do it for you. Where are you located?

Malaysian here....i have a friend who keep both original PCB, plus the installation with Cthulu PCB are half time consumed which means its easier than all new installation (without both original PCB as per plasmawaffle instruction).

i think it should applied the same to Brook Universal PCB. i just don't know how. Help, anyone please?

p.s: errr.....Panthera is quite expensive right? :smile:
    perilX wrote: »

there are no screws
    Guys?? Panthera? seriously?

I guess its the same thing that has been done by razer to my SSF4 limited edition Atrox.
    art can't be changed

boy i was dreaming to put Haggar and Alex Art on top
    (alex's ending where they wrestle together in Capcom Jam Fighting Evoultion)
  • seqoseqo Joined: Posts: 230
    edited December 2016
    Here is mine, dual moded with brook ps3/ps4 pcb
    [img][/img]razer%20atrox%20dual%20moded_zpsag1ugphp.jpg

arcade stick user
  • KCO_AstroKCO_Astro Joined: Posts: 16
    Here is a picture of the Panthera's PCB

0oNS6dr.jpg
  • LashfordLashford Joined: Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the input delay of the pantheras pcb? Or would anyone that owns one be willing to test it?
  • nhan199xnhan199x Joined: Posts: 8
    edited December 2016
    i have a razer atrox (xbox360), kamana mini kit and some wire like this, anyone know how to connect the kaimana mini board to razer PCB? thanks all . @Vicko @armi0024 @Jasen Hicks
    10XPpvi.jpg
    zhnaGqr.gif
    paradise-kaimana-mini-led-driver-pcb-8-button-kit.jpg
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/137132110@N06/31680305501/in/dateposted-public/
    I don't have kaimana breakout board
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    connect the inputs to the matching inputs on the razer board. It's no different than dual modding.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rjavoob3wo4h0o/ps360plus pinout.PNG?dl=0
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • nhan199xnhan199x Joined: Posts: 8
    ahh ok, so how to connect 2 vcc and 3 GND ? where Where is it in the atrox PCB, is that? thanks for the help!! @Vicko

imgur.com/a/lQUxI
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    Cmon man I can't help you with everything lol. Everything you need is in this thread.
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • AkshenAkshen Joined: Posts: 62
    I ordered one off the CES sale too hoping it'd be like the atrox but I'm kinda salty about the plexi but I'm sure there is a work around for it so that's not that big of a deal. Thanks for the insight though.
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 381
    If you want to give this a go anyway, @Akshen, I'd recommend picking something up like the iFixit iOpener -- a tool primarily designed warm up the glue holding together iPads, Surface Books, etc. Then at the very least, you can prep the separation from the glue a bit better and potentially non-destructively without ripping the whole top to shreds.
    SFV - Ryu, Laura
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Looking forward to finding out!
  • TAUNTTAUNT press start Joined: Posts: 303 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone know if the Madcatz pro cables (TE2/TE2+) work with the Panthera?
    RageousX wrote: »
    If you want to give this a go anyway, @Akshen, I'd recommend picking something up like the iFixit iOpener -- a tool primarily designed warm up the glue holding together iPads, Surface Books, etc. Then at the very least, you can prep the separation from the glue a bit better and potentially non-destructively without ripping the whole top to shreds.
    Oh, thanks, I'll look into it when I actually get the stick.
    TAUNT wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Madcatz pro cables (TE2/TE2+) work with the Panthera?
    From what I've seen, yes.
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 291
    Razer ship fast. Order on Wednesday and the fightstick came in today at 9 AM
    Mine came in today, thing I'm worried about is the gas strut causing the case to fail eventually from the old atroxes. All in all pretty satisfied though.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Akshen wrote: »
    Mine came in today, thing I'm worried about is the gas strut causing the case to fail eventually from the old atroxes. All in all pretty satisfied though.

The Atrox came with a square gate, is the Panthera still using the square gate? If not I'll have to buy the square gate insert =/
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -Razer Panthera BNIB
    -TE-S
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W, BenQ RL2455HM & Monoprice 8204
    Akshen wrote: »

The Atrox came with a square gate, is the Panthera still using the square gate? If not I'll have to buy the square gate insert =/

Square gates are standard in most joysticks.
    It cost extra to use something else
  • gigachicogigachico Joined: Posts: 36
    Hello Everybody!
    I have an Atrox 360.
    Here comes the list of Mods that I've mande on it:
    1) Dual Mod with Cerberus - using the panel.
    2) Single PCB - Brook PS3/PS4 - but still using the panel.
    3) Here comes the 3rd:

I'll put an UFB on it.
    I already know all the simple mods for it: Panel, Player Led, etc...
    But...

I'd like to know i is possible to use the "TURBO LEDS"?
    I'd like to activate them (just the leds, not turbo function) for each button I press.

How should I do this?

Thanks guys!
    "Your fireballs are fuel to my Ultra" :p
  • NeccrosNeccros Joined: Posts: 103
    Got lucky and picked up a less than 1 month old Xbone Atrox cheap... With a Brook board, what is the preferred mod method? Rip out stock PCB and wires and start new, or hack whats there and integrate? Sorry for the dumb questions, new to modding, not new to fight sticks.