The Razer Arcade Stick Thread!

Comments

• dancemasterglenndancemasterglenn Joined: Posts: 117
    @maxxreign - yes, if memory serves. Definitely give that a try first, it can't hurt!
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Announcer Mod for USFIV, by me! Inspired by goshanes' previous efforts. Link below, please give me feedback!

TRIUMPH OR DIE!!!
    Hey, a few questions that will probably be answered too late (should have asked a few days ago!):

- If I cut the traces to dual mod and keep using the Atrox usb port, will this prevent me from installing a neutrik in the future? Or will it not matter?
    - I know now that I should be able to wire up the home button without opening the turbo area, but all the photos I've seen of the main PCB don't have the guide pin/area marked. Anyone able to tell me what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Announcer Mod for USFIV, by me! Inspired by goshanes' previous efforts. Link below, please give me feedback!

TRIUMPH OR DIE!!!
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,830
    It is definitely listed, I got the pic from this thread.
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    I found the picture I was looking for, that helped a great deal. If anyone has advice on the trace cutting and whether it will limit me in the future, definitely let me know!

TRIUMPH OR DIE!!!
  • kkoldingkkolding Joined: Posts: 154
    Here is a quick pic of my little Gold mirror Razer Atrox, Took a few hours to do the korean edition mod :wink:

1055vfp.jpg

2jdi8p2.jpg
    Denmark CPH
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,849
    edited July 2015
    kkolding wrote: »
    Here is a quick pic of my little Gold mirror Razer Atrox, Took a few hours to do the korean edition mod :wink:

I was gonna do the same for my Xbox One Atrox for a modding project but backed out due to risking damage on the hinges. My friend's Atrox was used before he got it and both hinges broke a day later. One of those screws was behind the left hinge which made me frightened to open it. Did you have problems rescrewing back the core parts?

Can you get a shot of the internals?
  • Explorer200Explorer200 Joined: Posts: 445
    Has anyone had any luck getting the Atrox to work on windows 10? By working I mean having the trigger inputs function.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,305
    Has anyone had any luck getting the Atrox to work on windows 10? By working I mean having the trigger inputs function.

Do you mean the Xbox 360 or Xbox One versions?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Explorer200Explorer200 Joined: Posts: 445
    I never heard of the 360 version having that issue on pc but my bad, I meant the xbone version.

With Xbox One Arcade sticks and the Trigger buttons on PC issue,
    MS themselves have to correct for the drivers and they have no interest in doing so.

Only real solution is ether swap out the PCB entirely with a PC compatible board or Dual Mod with the existing board.
    Both are very similar modifications.

I was gonna do the same for my Xbox One Atrox for a modding project but backed out due to risking damage on the hinges. My friend's Atrox was used before he got it and both hinges broke a day later. One of those screws was behind the left hinge which made me frightened to open it. Did you have problems rescrewing back the core parts?

Can you get a shot of the internals?

All parts was super easy to mess around with and nothing broke for me, everything works perfect!

Used this one for most of the work http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metric-5-35MM-Step-Drill-Bit-HSS-6542-M2-Industrial-Reamer-Increment-13-Steps-/251545932787?hash=item3a914e53f3

Here is a few pics from the inside.

http://i59.tinypic.com/szd2rn.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/f9imf8.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/20b2000.jpg[/IMG]

http://i61.tinypic.com/5lus77.jpg
    Nice Mod work. Crazy is that someone have to click Disagree with photos of your Mod.
    Like this isn't a matter of opinion and nothing is factually wrong, you proven photographic evidence that your mod works (or at least it works for your needs).
  • kkoldingkkolding Joined: Posts: 154
    edited July 2015
    Thanks, I know the mounting plate work is a little off with the drill holes, but it doesn't matter since i can adjust it when I install it. Next step with this stick is to cable management and install my PS4 PCB.

Oh! also my Hori VLX is going to get the same treatment very soon! :lol:
    Denmark CPH
    Thanks, I know the mounting plate work is a little off with the drill holes, but it doesn't matter since i can adjust it when I install it. Next step with this stick is to cable management and install my PS4 PCB.

Still. Your mount plate is off, who cares. You done more than the folks who can only sit there and complain.
    I rather have 10 post where they are off by a millimeter than one person who complains about something and does never anything about it.
    Or someone who whines there not enough data on the internet when they are already sitting on a thread that's become the authority on the subject.

You post is going to inspire at least one other person to make a similar modding attempt, hence it has value.
    edited July 2015
    Darksakul wrote: »

Still. Your mount plate is off, who cares. You done more than the folks who can only sit there and complain.
    I rather have 10 post where they are off by a millimeter than one person who complains about something and does never anything about it.
    Or someone who whines there not enough data on the internet when they are already sitting on a thread that's become the authority on the subject.

You post is going to inspire at least one other person to make a similar modding attempt, hence it has value.
    I hope you didn't mean me... :( I did find what I was looking for, info-wise, in the end. Actually, I got my stick to detect as an Atrox and an FC4 using my new switch! So I'm quite excited. :) First big project, for me.

Still waiting on proper tools to fix one soldering issue, and then hot-gluing stuff, mounting the neutrik, and bam! I'll be done. Hopefully I'll have some pictures for everyone then.

EDIT: For people who have installed a neutrik, what length cable did you go with? And do you find it comfortable? I saw them offered in 3 and 5 meter sizes, with the original Atrox cable being 4 meters. Think I should get the 3 meter so it'll fit in the atrox cable area? (nobody engineered a larger cable housing area yet, did they? I'd buy a 3D print of that...)
    Post edited by dancemasterglenn on

TRIUMPH OR DIE!!!
  • Surge101Surge101 Joined: Posts: 115
    Here's a dumb question, I just got an Atrox for my XB1, what's the sensor above the cable port for?
  • shaunLEGENDshaunLEGEND SF2:CE 4EVER! Joined: Posts: 75
    Surge101 wrote: »
    Here's a dumb question, I just got an Atrox for my XB1, what's the sensor above the cable port for?

I believe that's supposed to be for the Kinect to associate the stick to your profile.
    Surge101 wrote: »

I believe that's supposed to be for the Kinect to associate the stick to your profile.

I am not disagreeing with you, its the whole Kinect association thing I find hilarious.
    It is like MS didn't realize how much people didn't care for the Kinect when ti comes to actual gaming.

Most of the hype for the Kinect are those who are in the DIY/Hacker scene and saw the Kinect as a cheap optical sensor to play with.
  • shaunLEGENDshaunLEGEND SF2:CE 4EVER! Joined: Posts: 75
    edited August 2015
    Yeah Kinect really backfired on them this gen. The Edward Snowden NSA blowup happened around the reveal too so that really didn't help as nobody wants to be spied on while playing videogames LOL.

I still keep mine connected because I like using the voice commands when watching videos but I ended up buying a tv mount that came with a cover for the camera portion and that went on right away B)

Anyways, back on topic, the TE2 has this sensor on the XB1 version as well.

edit- I just realized my wording of "Edward Snowden NSA blowup" probably triggered some kind of government search lol. Hi NSA :#
  • dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    Hey guys recently traded my te 2 what was dual modded for xbox one and ps4 for a razer atrox that orginally xbox one and modded for ps4 and future pcb's but i'm having a hard time finding a decent collection of artwork anyone have a one drive website or anythign?
  • PlasiaPlasia PS3/360/PC keyboard supreme modder Joined: Posts: 109
    hey I haven't done this stuff in a long time but I'm trying to help my friend out and make his stick ready for an upcoming tournament, I've installed the PS360+, I just need to get the other stuff working. I need the pinout for the turbo panel, specifically for guide button and how I wire for the start/select lock, player LEDs would be a bonus.

It's the retail atrox.

I believe what I wanted was here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/145828/the-razer-arcade-stick-thread/p24
    But that link is dead!

Thanks in advance
    -
    Plasia
    Live in Melbourne and interested in fighting game ranbats?
    http://www.couchwarriors.org/real/
    If you don't have a multimeter, get one. It's necessary and will help you a ton.
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Vicko wrote: »
    If you don't have a multimeter, get one. It's necessary and will help you a ton.
    You can get a decent Multimeter for beginners for $10 to $20

http://www.adafruit.com/product/2034
    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12966
  • ArmaArma Joined: Posts: 35
    edited September 2015
    Hey all, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the square connector at the back of the stick with Neutrik USB connector? A friend of mine has somehow broken his but I noticed the connector is soldered right into the board. Noticed the additional USB pins on the board and saw on Page 23 that those can be used to mount other PCBs but might require power lines to be cut? Am I correct - might be easier to unsolder the block off the back and just resolder USB into those points?

Post edited by Arma on
    It is most certainly possible. In fact, a great number of the modders on this page have installed Neutriks on their Atroxes (myself included, now!). And you can actually do so without cutting the power lines, which is nice.

TRIUMPH OR DIE!!!
    Arma wrote: »
    Hey all, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the square connector at the back of the stick with Neutrik USB connector? A friend of mine has somehow broken his but I noticed the connector is soldered right into the board. Noticed the additional USB pins on the board and saw on Page 23 that those can be used to mount other PCBs but might require power lines to be cut? Am I correct - might be easier to unsolder the block off the back and just resolder USB into those points?

Possible, yes. You would want a good desoldering tool or have good desoldering technique
    I just broke the shit off mine and cut the posts coming out of the pcb

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • ArmaArma Joined: Posts: 35
    So both methods work fine? I could just throw a 4 pin IDC on the USB pins on the PCB and hook it up to one end of the neutrik or desolder the block also? No need for cutting the PCB lines?

Thanks in advance too!
    Correct

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • ektor13ektor13 Joined: Posts: 12
    whats up guys, I have a situation, I bought a razer atrox two months ago and the stick cames dual already but it seems the cable doesnt work anymore, so I decided to change to usb with a RJ-45, Im pretty new in the electronic stuff, can you please give a hand, the ps3´s pcb it seems to be home made I already see the VCC,D+,D- and Ground in both pcbs but, can I just put the usb cables on the ps3´s pcb? or I need to do anything else? hope you guys can help me out, im pretty desperate, I attach some pictures, if you need more pictures or anything else for info just let me know, thanks!!! peace.
    xqizox.jpg
    ru9thx.jpg
    2jbmn36.jpg
    2qvujxe.jpg
    well I ran a few tests, I already cut the D+ and D- traces for the big conector and tried to put the cables on the usb conector but its not working, did I miss something else?
    2a4qwjd.jpg
    I just noticed you have 2 lines going to and from your USB. What are they?

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    thanks for quick reply, all the red cables are from the ps3 pcb and the other ones are for the usb cable, any advices?
    you can't chain 2 data lines together, you need a switch of some sort to switch between ps3 and the razer

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    edited September 2015
    oh ok, can you tell me how the cables needs to be in the switch? and how many pins it needs to have the switch? so sorry for bother...
    you need 2 each from the 2 PCBS, D+ and D-, and then you need the D+ and D- for the USB cable.
    That's for a DPDT switch.
    For something like an imp you need those plus GND and VCC, there's a ton of guides

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    ok, I find a dpdt and put the cables like you told me, but what about the usb´s ground and the vcc ?
    e81lz7.jpg
    i2k5xz.jpg
    gnd and vcc need to be connected to all pcbs at all times
    you only split the data lines

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    gnd and vcc need to be connected to all pcbs at all times
    you only split the data lines
    hello again Vicko, look, I already wired everything like you told me but, the only thing happend in the ps3 mode is a little blink in the stick´s logo and when I plug the cable into the xbox mode the logo light up just once, im lost I dont know what to do now, please help!
    Vcc-connect to all pcbs
    Gnd-connect to all pcbs
    D+ and d- from atrox- connect to one side of dpdt
    D+ and d- from PS3- connect to other side of dpdt
    D+ and d- from usb- connect to middle of dpdt

Keep in mind the green and white have to be on the same half on all 3, you can't mix them

If it's not working still, get a meter and test for continuity on data, Vcc and gnd

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Vcc-connect to all pcbs
    Gnd-connect to all pcbs
    D+ and d- from atrox- connect to one side of dpdt
    D+ and d- from PS3- connect to other side of dpdt
    D+ and d- from usb- connect to middle of dpdt

Keep in mind the green and white have to be on the same half on all 3, you can't mix them

If it's not working still, get a meter and test for continuity on data, Vcc and gnd

I already did those things I checked like 50 times the continuity on all the wires, even checked the dpdt the three on top is the D+ and the other three are D-, any other suggestions?
    e81lz7.jpg