The Razer Arcade Stick Thread!

Comments

• VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    Did you check continunity between all pcbs? To make sure Vcc and gnd is connected throughout and not bridged?
    Did you try connecting the usb directly to either pcb?
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • ektor13ektor13 Joined: Posts: 12
    Vicko wrote: »
    Did you check continunity between all pcbs? To make sure Vcc and gnd is connected throughout and not bridged? yes...
    Did you try connecting the usb directly to either pcb? and no, im going to do that and let you know, thanks man.

• ektor13ektor13 Joined: Posts: 12
    ektor13 wrote: »
    Did you try connecting the usb directly to either pcb? .

[/quote]
    Sorry but, stupid question, I need to put the 4 pcb cables into the usb without desoldering the rest of the wires?
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto We Trust Joined: Posts: 2,927
    Guys, if I want to mod the Atrox using the FC4 pcb I can do it using an european style terminal strip to wiring everything? I've never do it before,but seems more simple. I'm not interested in a dual-mod work,but PS4 only. Thanks in advance :)
  • gekkekoegekkekoe Joined: Posts: 42
    I'm also planning on modding my atrox (360) with the FC4. If I want to re-use the existing usb connector, I have to cut the D+/D- traces. But if I cut them, how are the D+/D- signals being connected from the existing usb cable to the atrox pcb?

Anyone used a usb type B breakout box and mounted it? whats the best way to mount a normal usb connection?
  • KCO_AstroKCO_Astro Joined: Posts: 16
    gekkekoe wrote: »
    I'm also planning on modding my atrox (360) with the FC4. If I want to re-use the existing usb connector, I have to cut the D+/D- traces. But if I cut them, how are the D+/D- signals being connected from the existing usb cable to the atrox pcb?

Anyone used a usb type B breakout box and mounted it? whats the best way to mount a normal usb connection?

If you only want to use the USB connector, you'll have to cut the traces in the Atrox's pcb.

MP2nZSz.png

t8RXMX0.png

Then, you'll have to solder the FC4's USB to the pins under the connector.

thnx. but you can leave the V and G alone and only cut and rewire d+ and d- ?

I'm probably just going to mount something like this
    14364912400.jpg and leave the original connector untouched.
    You can leave power and ground alone, just cut the traces, it's not that hard. Are you using an IMP or a DPDT to switch between pcbs?
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,943
    thnx. but you can leave the V and G alone and only cut and rewire d+ and d- ?

I'm probably just going to mount something like this
    http://www.elecrow.com/images/s/201507/14364912400.jpg and leave the original connector untouched.

How are you going to mount that?
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Here you go

dpdt%20atrox.jpg

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    I will go for a dpdt. I actually prefer a normal usb cable instead op the proprietary. so it makes more sense for a usb breakout
    you'll have to desolder/destroy the current jack, so if i were you i'd wait until it actually fails on you.
    TBH if you're going to replace the original header, use a neutrik since USB A is pretty unreliable as is.

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    not going to replace. just put in a new one next to it and screw it in the honeycomb. this way i can always go back to original. the pcb box can be moved thanks to the honeycomb. a neutrik would require to dril a bigger hole. the break out box fits fine. i was planning to use an usb B like the neutrik.
    edited October 2015
    parts are coming in later today. i will try and make pictures. I think I can screw the breakout board on the honeycomb and align it with the hole. the atrox pcb box can be moved so it should work...
    edited October 2015
    Okay almost finished :)

Mount of usb port looks like this.
    BvKcXgd.jpg
    and almost completed.
    iEkamFi.jpg

The atrox is awesome for modding, you can use jumper wires, this way you can always revert back to the org configuration without soldering. The honeycomb is also cool for mounting stuff.

Not too bad for first padhack :)
    edited October 2015
    Okay almost finished :)

Mount of usb port looks like this.
    http://i.imgur.com/BvKcXgd.jpg
    and almost completed.
    http://i.imgur.com/iEkamFi.jpg

The atrox is awesome for modding, you can use jumper wires, this way you can always revert back to the org configuration without soldering. The honeycomb is also cool for mounting stuff.

Not too bad for first padhack :)

I was skeptical how you would get the mod done, but you prove me wrong.
    Nice Job. thumbsup.gif

Question, I see that piece of wood their screwed down, but I am not seeing how that USB connector is attached to it.
    Is it glued down?
    that was a layout pic just to show how I did it. the usb connector is mounted with 2 screws on to the wood after soldering. this usb breakout has 2 holes that can be used to mount it. it fits quite nice.
    very nice
    hopefully you don't have the same problems with USB A as most do

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    The breakout box uses an usb B connector. I have used those for couple of years on the other stick, no problem with the B connector so far.
    my bad i keep getting them mixed up lol

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,496 mod
    Well, there goes my Atrox.
    1506651_10153711833607329_6141637356511308954_n.jpg?oh=ab478e7e51d42ab6d843e8c9e06d9d40&oe=56B075BB&__gda__=1459280396_f8c4fd61d15b2a7fb39fa35f12fbe82b
    12208552_10153711833652329_3789729225734353224_n.jpg?oh=15f9ec7f1467ac6cdf1b6e9519c9a7dc&oe=56B56B71
    1611005_10153711833692329_9029017053714980220_n.jpg?oh=a328fe1a3a3c62fe872721c3dea63a31&oe=56ABFEA4
    12196288_10153711833742329_4037340793810614582_n.jpg?oh=02925e3885ae3cf0db7eb4487fd8865c&oe=56C38B24&__gda__=1455558601_1974a9a74e6bc6154ab337fb131e325b
    Dunno exactly what happened. All I know is that I was having trouble closing the top these past few months. Well today, when I closed it shut, it snapped clean off the hinges.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    Well, there goes my Atrox.

Dunno exactly what happened. All I know is that I was having trouble closing the top these past few months. Well today, when I closed it shut, it snapped clean off the hinges.

And this is why Razer is crap
  • zoslazosla Joined: Posts: 85
    Hey guys,
    If I wanted to use the existing USB connector for the astrox and only have the HFC4 piggy back on the astrox PCB. How would I go about it doing so? I see that there are TWO sets on VCC, G, D-, D+??? which one do I connect o and why are there two?
    There's 2 for expansion purposes. You will need an imp or a dpdt switch and you will need to connect your first set of wires from the 2nd set of pins, connect the other set from your hfc4, and connect the outgoing set from your main usb pins. You will also need to cut the trace between the 1st and 2nd set of pins.

There's a picture earlier in this thread that explains this.

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,588
    Is there a way to make the Xbone Atrox work on Windows 10? I've messed around with the drivers but nothing seems to work.
    You should only need the ms drivers

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Honestly if you aren't gaming on the Xbox One I wouldn't get a Xbox One stick if you game on the PC.
    edited November 2015
    You should only need the ms drivers

Tried uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting my computer; nothing worked. The drivers I tried were 6.2.11059.0, which according to toxicfreeLoL in this reddit thread were supposed to work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/360loi/atrox_one_windows_10_pc_zero_compatibility/
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Honestly if you aren't gaming on the Xbox One I wouldn't get a Xbox One stick if you game on the PC.

I didn't buy it; I won it in a contest. I plan to dual mod a PS360 with an Imp eventually but that's gonna be a ways away (what with the PS360-pocalypse going on atm and shipping to Canada from Godlike Controls being absolutely abysmal), and I want to make use of it before then :P

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Microsoft wrote:
    Windows 10:

For Windows 10, the most current drivers are pre-installed with the operating system.

Windows 8.1 and Windows 7:

When you connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller. If Windows is not set to automatically download device software, check for updates manually in the Device Manager:

Point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select Search.
    Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then select Device Manager. Windows may ask you for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
    Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
    Right-click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update Driver Software.
    Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.

Tried both sets of instructions, it still appears as "Unspecified" in my devices and printers window :disappointed: Microsoft really needs to get their shit together with stick support on PC
    Tried both sets of instructions, it still appears as "Unspecified" in my devices and printers window :disappointed: Microsoft really needs to get their shit together with stick support on PC
    Microsoft are not going to anything. As the Xbox One sticks are all 3rd party peripherals Microsoft does not feel it's a priority or even their obligation/responsibility to fix anything.
    If you go to Microsoft to complain they only tell you to speak to the Manufacture.
    And the Manufacture will claim they made the stick only for the Xbox One using the specs provided by Microsoft, and any systems the stick was not built intentionally for is out side of their obligation to support.

Nether Microsoft nor any peripheral manufacture (Hori, Mad Catz, Razer, ect ...) are going to take responsibility as they claim the issue is the other party's obligations.

Hence why I don't ever recommend anyone to ever get a Xbox One stick unless you are a serious Xbox One user and want to use your Stick on Xbox One fighting games.
    Most XB1 sticks doesn't even work with most games on Xbox One games, so people like Shmup players or those who are fans of classic arcade games are shit out of luck.

My statement for avoiding Xbox One sticks are not directed towards you specifically but to anyone thinking of buying a Xbox One Stick.
    If you are mostly a PC gamer/user consider a newer PS3 or PS4 stick.

The Upside is some manufacturers (right now its just Hori) are responding with including on many of their newer controllers a XINPUT mode for PC use on their new Fight pad.

My Solution for you screw the Xbox One drivers, go for a ether a PCB replacement or a Dual-Mod with a PCB that proven to be PC compatible.
    edited November 2015
    @vicko
    I did see the picture shown earlier and I've also dual mod using dpdt switch so got an idea of this.
    What I am confuse is the astrox pcb have two sets of vcc, Grd, d-, d+ and why do we need to cut the traces? Is the signal going to cause issues when modding it like this ?
    Thanks
    Yes if you don't cut the traces for data you will basically always be in atrox mode because there will be a physical connection from the jack to the atrox pcb at all times. You need to sever that connection to be able to split your outgoing usb from one pcb to the other.

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    edited November 2015
    ah ic, thanks for clarifying that.
    What about the VCC and grd? which of the two sets should I be using connecting my other PCB to? does it matter if I use the Jack or the other?

Just make sure there a wire going from the USB coming in VCC to each PCB.
    I prefer to attach this wire to the VCC solder point where the USB connection is but VCC is VCC and GND is GND.

Remember the golden rules of dual mods

All boards need to be connected to power (VCC)
    and all boards should be connected to ground
    @DarkSakul - Thanks

Does anyone know where the pin for the home button on the astrox main PCB? instead of having to drag a line from the secondary PCB...
    So I'm actually an idiot because it turns out I was trying to install the wrong drivers this whole time. Got it to work now, but unfortunately like most Xbone sticks, Triggers don't work. Oh well, at least it's not a giant paper weight until I mod it (Y)
    So I'm actually an idiot because it turns out I was trying to install the wrong drivers this whole time. Got it to work now, but unfortunately like most Xbone sticks, Triggers don't work. Oh well, at least it's not a giant paper weight until I mod it (Y)

Yeah that is one of the issues Xbox will not fix.

zosla wrote: »
    @DarkSakul - Thanks

Does anyone know where the pin for the home button on the astrox main PCB? instead of having to drag a line from the secondary PCB...

It somewhere posted on the early parts of this thread
    The pcb pin layout pics are all dead links....