The Razer Arcade Stick Thread!

1313233343537»

Comments

• hobbyfighterhobbyfighter Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey does anyone with an Atrox have time to take a few pics of how plugs / screws on top hold the plexi down? I am interested in making a custom stick, and I like how the Atrox has minimized the top protrusion screws / plugs. Ideally it would be nice having the plexi connected to the top so that it's completely flat with no exposed screw heads, but it's not really possible, since there needs to be something to hold it in place, like screws or a bezel.

I would appreciate if I could get a few pics of the screw / plugs themselves, and the holes in the plexi. And also from underneath so I can see how they have connected the plexi to the case.

I'm also wondering if there is any metal plate on the Atrox, and what thickness they used? Also any comments about flaws in the design would be interesting, don't want to repeat the mistake if it actually doesnt work well. e.g. loose or flimsley, rattles etc.
  • LordFuckWadLordFuckWad Joined: Posts: 13
    Is the Atrox worth the money, I am a college student so I will be tight on cash for a couple years, I will be playing MvC Infinite and Killer Instinct, if theres no cheaper option I will probably use the standard XB1 pad.
    Thats a Spicy Meatball
    Gamertag: Screech Blue

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 886
    If you're only playing one Xbox One your options are limited in commercial market sticks. Go for it!
  • ZerchZerch Joined: Posts: 7
    edited May 21
    Hello, i think my x360 Atrox just died, it's not the cable since when i connect it, being the 360 or my PC, it recognizes i'm plugging something, but on the PC it just pops up the "USB device not recognized" bubble, and the lights on the panel won't turn on, i've been using it for over 3 years so, is it safe to say the PCB is just dead or is there something i could do about it?
    Update: I tried plugging a USB A to the 5 pin connector on the PCB and then plugging a USB male to USB male from the stick to the PC, same result, what else could i do?
  • HassunHassun Joined: Posts: 71
    How much work would the Razer Panthera need to be adapted to Korean levers? I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to try and get one of those modded than it is to import an Etokki Omni.
    Although modders are exceedingly hard to find in Europe.
  • vash254vash254 Joined: Posts: 9
    Hassun wrote: »
    How much work would the Razer Panthera need to be adapted to Korean levers? I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to try and get one of those modded than it is to import an Etokki Omni.

Infiltration has K lever is his and after watching people throw K levers in the atrox, it seems like a simple swap, the Infiltration special edition lever will be sold on FocusAttack and Ill be looking to grab it as my first lever.

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,508
    edited May 29

If your Korean lever has Japanese mounting holes and no collar, it's easy. If it has a collar you need to make the joystick hole bigger which is more work but doable.
    Post edited by BolSadguy on
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 509 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BolSadguy wrote: »

If your Korean lever has Japanese mounting holes and no collar, it's easy. If it has a collar you need to make the joystick hole bigger which is more work but doable.

Definitely doable but a lot of these folks won't have the step drill bits or comfortable permanently modifying their panels. Opens up a market for someone to make replacement Korean panels like the hitbox panels Jasen makes.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • HassunHassun Joined: Posts: 71

Definitely doable but a lot of these folks won't have the step drill bits or comfortable permanently modifying their panels. Opens up a market for someone to make replacement Korean panels like the hitbox panels Jasen makes.
    For sure, I lack the tools and the skills to make mods like that myself.
  • MetalGearReiMetalGearRei Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys, I have a Razer Panthera and it's my second fightstick but it's also the first time I'm going to try a somewhat simple modding job on, just changing buttons and the stick out and changing the art with the FocusAttack service mentioned earlier.

I was wondering if anyone tried changing the glowing blue LED in the button that opens the case of the Panthera; is that possible without too much potential damage? I'm going to have Persona 5 art on my Panthera and it'd be nice to have the LED glow red instead of blue. If it can't be helped it wouldn't bother me too much but I figured I'd try to make everything lined up to the Black/Red color scheme. It's a shame the Hayabusa matte buttons in red are sold out...
    I've done it on my atrox (swapped from green to yellow). I assume it's possible on the panthera too
  • MetalGearReiMetalGearRei Joined: Posts: 2
    Any chance anyone can give a newbie like me any idea how to do that x)
    Unscrew a few screws to take the button out and take out the small circuit board the LED is on. Desolder and remove the old LED and solder the new one in. Put everything back. Done.
  • BroaBroa Joined: Posts: 4
    I play on the pc, would like to buy a razer, I wonder if between the razer atrox xbox 360 and the razer panthera has a lot of quality difference? Why would I spend less to razer atrox xbox 360, in my country the price difference between the two is $136.78.

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,967
    edited June 19
    Get the Razer panthera, the Atrox has build issues
    Razer listen to our gripes and improved their products

If the price difference is still too much, get something else.
    Maybe looking into the DIY route
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • NoJohnsNoJohns Strike the earth! Joined: Posts: 17
    Is the Atrox worth the money, I am a college student so I will be tight on cash for a couple years, I will be playing MvC Infinite and Killer Instinct, if theres no cheaper option I will probably use the standard XB1 pad.

The Atrox has a pretty bad reputation since one of them crapped out in a finals match at EVO, it's also got some build issues like Darksakul said.
    I went the DIY route when I was in college, and it was the most cost-efficient way to build a stick by spreading the payments out over time instead of one big charge.
    PSN: JOKERSHENCHMAN
    Steam ID: StarGoon
    Twitter: NoJohnz
  • Ema LovelyEma Lovely Jelly Fish Pirate Commanda' Lovely Joined: Posts: 189
    edited July 1
    Whats the big list of build issues with the Atrox compared to the Panthera?

Also, what Seimitsu and Crown sticks are compatible with the Atrox?
    Commander Lovely, Streamer, Womanizer, Competitive gamer, Professional internet user, WRPG Guru and Professional shit talker.
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/CommanderLovely
    Youtube - http://youtube.com/R26Otacon
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,772 mod
    Atrox has that shitty custom connector (actually the connector used for some care stereos) that tends to break after some time.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,484
    Anyone have schematics/diagram for the Home PCB and the Main PCB for the Xbone version of the Atrox?
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 428
    I' m pretty sure they were posted earlier in this thread. Just search it through.
    I'm not exactly sure but does the Xbone Atrox even have player LEDs? It seems it just has one LED on the home panel (Not sure if they flash in four different sections as it's a rectangular piece)

Compared to the 360 Model, it's more prevalent but the Xbone it seems more washed down/simplified.
    I'm not exactly sure but does the Xbone Atrox even have player LEDs? It seems it just has one LED on the home panel (Not sure if they flash in four different sections as it's a rectangular piece)

Compared to the 360 Model, it's more prevalent but the Xbone it seems more washed down/simplified.

It's a single white LED.

It's a single white LED.
    Gotcha.

Was a bit confused how I was going to wire it to the Brook UFB. (Guessing just wire it to the VCC and maybe daisy chain to P1, P2, P3, P4?)
  • FausttFaustt Joined: Posts: 4
    Hello guys, I've been having some issues with my razor stick(the 360 one). Cable seems to be deffective. Sometimes it turns on, sometimes it doesnt. I did contact razer, but they told me they dont allow orders of just the cable(probably because my warranty is no longer valid). I did notice some talks about drilling the stick, soldering and what not, but i am not very confident in doing any of those things. Is there any other way to buy a replacement cable?
  • wannerwanner Joined: Posts: 20
    edited July 20
    I received my Panthera SFV edition today and i have some question to other Panthera owners.
    Looking at my stick the "crack" between the lid and the bottom of the stick is greater towards the back of the stick.
    Is this the case on your sticks as well or is it supposed an even spacing from front to back?

(Sorry for potato quality pics)

edit: The top panel flexes somewhat when pushed down. Only when pushing on the side of the lid though, and nothing thats noticeable during normal usage (imo).

a2nKsf4.jpg?1

vMWXBfV.jpg?1

MhH76EC.jpg?1

qkLmmmU.jpg?1
    Post edited by wanner on
  • Former_VersionsFormer_Versions Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 21
    I just received mine and it's exactly the same, I'm guessing that's just the design.

I have a different problem though, I'm having issues using it as a legacy controller in PS3 mode on SFV which is pretty important for since you have to do it that way if you want to chat too. The firmware update said it was successful and it seems to work fine in PS3 mode on my PC but on PS4 it needs to be unplugged then plugged back in for the game to detect it then very quickly starts going haywire with stuck directional inputs and stuff. The Venom that I intended this as an upgrade on worked a treat this way, no need for unplugging or anything.

Is this an issue with the game? These sticks/this firmware in general? Or is mine er, special? Really hoping it's not the latter since the UK Razer store is already out of stock on them.

Edit: Tried reinstalling the firmware just in case something went wrong there but no change. Mostly when plugging the stick back in to reauthenticate it it just acts dead (though the game 'sees' it so long it's been unplugged first) but occasionally it'll work for a few seconds before locking up.
    Post edited by Former_Versions on
  • RokwhoRokwho Joined: Posts: 6
    So much hate for the atrox here's myn 3 years old still going strong and been modded a ton just got round to putting in my brook board i would buy another stick if i had the opportunity

vy2ElRw.jpg
    ldspYEd.jpg