6-Button Stick Appreciation!

124»

Comments

• ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭
    Here's my newest 6 button stick...it's so pretty :D Case by NiteWalker, art by Michael Turner, photo shopped by me.

Haven't checked this thread in a while, but after coming back I notice a trend where classy, attractive and manly men have that cluster of three buttons off to the side. ^_^

Seriously, though, nice stick. The wide case looks great for playing, though it might be tough to bring over to a tournament.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    ·
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    Haven't checked this thread in a while, but after coming back I notice a trend where classy, attractive and manly men have that cluster of three buttons off to the side. ^_^

Seriously, though, nice stick. The wide case looks great for playing, though it might be tough to bring over to a tournament.
    i've never used it to play, haven't finished wiring it up yet..lol. one day..
    ·
  • NickRocksNickRocks MvC2 sucks Joined: Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a MAS super pro...man it is so sexy <3
    Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    Pushin weight off, throwing it up; pills in her mouth, coke in her butt
    ·
  • Blazing StarBlazing Star Joined: Posts: 19
    Got a VSHG that I'm restoring and currently use a V3-SA with plugged L1/L2. I can't stand 8 buttons.

V3-SA has OBSF-30RG and a LS-58-01. IMP v2 and 360 fightpad PCB for dual mod.
    ·
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 999
    This will probably stay as my primary 6-button stick.

7131368479_0701492558_b.jpg

I didn't forgo the functionality of the other two buttons of course.

7131369193_00b0c3a60f_b.jpg
    ·
    Got myself one of these during my Japan vacation when the guests at my hotel decided to hold a little private tournament (found a really good deal at Akihabara at Y4500, which is like half the price at Yodobashi):

1r2r6s.jpg

Of course, after I got home I couldn't let those ugly multi-color buttons remain...

fepd05.jpg

I felt that the black balltop and buttons really made the stick "POP", but what about the wire? I didn't want it to be flopping around without a compartment. The solution I came up with was a little elastic material and velcro:

6jh91f.jpg

I think it looks good:

311to4h.jpg
    ·
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,722 mod
    Got myself one of these during my Japan vacation when the guests at my hotel decided to hold a little private tournament (found a really good deal at Akihabara at Y4500, which is like half the price at Yodobashi):
    This is super cute. Thanks for sharing. How do you like it? Mind posting inside pics?
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
    ·
    This is super cute. Thanks for sharing. How do you like it? Mind posting inside pics?

I actually like it a lot. It's lighter than most sticks, but that also makes it more portable and easy to lug around. Parts are all Sanwa, and considering how cheap it is I was surprised that the buttons were attached with quick-disconnects instead of soldered. Overall I think this is by far the best "budget" stick in the market. Definitely worth picking one up if you have the chance.

As for inside pics, I didn't take any but there are some in this thread:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/exar-exaprize-usb-stick-sanwa-edition-for-playstation-3.148003/
    ·
  • Lex_EskobarLex_Eskobar Joined: Posts: 106
    tumblr_m2js09ufW61r5j5ebo1_1280.jpg
    The Fighting Playboy.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

XBL: Lex Eskobar
    PSN: Lex_Eskobar
    ·
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    My last stick...one V.S with PS360+

p8191210.jpg
    p8191310.jpg
    p8191311.jpg
    ·
  • mistercollectionsmistercollections Rolling death cradle!!! Joined: Posts: 82
    This is a repost of my 6-button ghetto stick. Dewalt box, parts are from x X-Arcade, and a $5.00 pcb from deal xtreme. Works on PC & PS3.425744dd-b77f-de49.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE!!!
    ·
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 863 ✭✭
    My Wii stick

DSCN3508.jpg

Because 8-Button is dick

IMG_20120821_074003.jpg

Clamped with "secret epoxy"
    IMG_20120821_112709.jpg

More epoxy...
    IMG_20120821_112737.jpg

DSCN3495.jpg

After smoothed, i sprayed it with VHT Epoxy primer and then applied 3M Scotchprint.
    DSCN3505.jpg
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
    ·
  • FrankTheThirdFrankTheThird Joined: Posts: 250
    My Wii stick

I just bought a Hori SCV stick, you mind sharing on how I can do that too, w/ "simple" house tools? PM if you don't mind NotANoob

But anyway glad I found this thread, here's mine that I'm actually gonna sell soon.

68aqhj.jpg
    ·
  • mistercollectionsmistercollections Rolling death cradle!!! Joined: Posts: 82
    4257466d-a53a-f5ad.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE!!!
    ·
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 863 ✭✭
    Since my eBay snipe attempt has failed, I guess I don't mind putting this up here and back into SRK's consciousness.

Came last week....
    DSCN3543.jpg
    The stick, not the cat.
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
    ·
  • Typhoon01Typhoon01 Sad bad panda :( Joined: Posts: 177
    Converted a EightArc Fusion to the six button way. Chuu thanks again for art work 7935445568_aa00eceb6b_b.jpg
    ·
    My order from blklightning finally came through, and I gotta say after putting everything together I am very happy with the result. It's got that nice tri-button layout to the side that I love (8 buttons is dick, but I don't wanna plug up the holes cos you never know when you'll need the buttons for menu navigation or whatever) and I feel that the layout I made works a lot better with the Q4 form factor than my V3 SA (which I already thought was nice). Oh yea, pics:

2rmrxgz.jpg

4vkewi.jpg

avoth2.jpg

I talk a bit more about the details of the project on my blog.
    ·
  • EnjoiCrisisEnjoiCrisis Dr.Dormammu Joined: Posts: 3
    I thought I should join the club.
    My Six button NES Stick. :D
    (It wasn't working no more, therefore I wanted to tribute it <3 rather than sending it to storage)
    Don't rage on me D:

j5b09w.jpg
    ·
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭
    This will probably stay as my primary 6-button stick.

I didn't forgo the functionality of the other two buttons of course.
    Yours is my sticks less colorful cousin.
    vxsa02.jpg
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
    ·
  • SMWongSMWong Taokaka die hard. Joined: Posts: 82
    11t2wlg.jpg
    tumblr_m7r7o169N61qbeaqno1_500.jpg
    My two babies. The top one is only six and obviously the Eightarc was eight but i'm not a dick so I made it a six.
    Blazblue: Taokaka(Purple/black)
    Xbox/PSN: BlackForestMist
    ·
  • hooper 3:16hooper 3:16 Joined: Posts: 30
    So much cooler in this thread. Time to lower the temperature even more.
    100_3320.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1293868965236

Pic and video c/o spenzalii

P.S. added this thread to the directory.
    there is not enough 6 button sticks around these days...I have a collection of fightsticks and only one of them is a 6 button layout..vewlix are unecessary and it may be wierd coming from myself to make such a statement as I am a real big advocate of the qanba range.
    ·
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 798 ✭✭
    usadamaj.jpg

Art with help from Kid Kaos
    ·
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    I wished i hadn't fucked up the plexi on my VLX and added the 7th hole...lol..
    ·
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 696
    I post this as often as possible. My original custom from Nitewalker i got back in 2006. still works perfectly i just switched the buttons for red sanwa RG's

gedc0063.jpg

Yay namco

gedc0062x.jpg
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
    ·
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal Little Princess Joined: Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HIBACHIFINAL'S INFAMOUS ARCADE STICK TIER LIST ~ SEIMITSU RADICAL やっぱり四角ガイドは、素晴らしい。 Once you go (OBSF-30)RG, Everything else is shit.
    ·
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    6 buttons powaaa
    pc274310.jpg
    ·
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,722 mod
    6 buttons powaaa
    Is this Qanba? It's awesome.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
    ·
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 370 ✭✭
    I thought I should join the club.
    My Six button NES Stick. :D
    (It wasn't working no more, therefore I wanted to tribute it <3 rather than sending it to storage)
    Don't rage on me D:

j5b09w.jpg
    That's neat. It would be cool to use the cartridge bay for cord storage .
    Do the power and reset buttons do anything?
    ·
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Don't mind the button cap, it would be insulted if you called it 7 buttons~

2NJEd.jpg
    ·
  • VOLDOMVOLDOM Joined: Posts: 110
    edited February 2013
    yesterday a friend of mine gave me this:

Now I'm must think what can I do with this thing, it only has 6 buttons, maybe a 2player panel for Sega Dreamcast since it's the only "playable" console that I know with only 6 buttons..or maybe I can build a Megadrive/SNES controller.
    Post edited by VOLDOM on
    ·
124»