No vids of US SF's 'Golden Era' & best_ever player!?

Comments

• Joe ZazaJoe Zaza R.I.P. Dasrik Joined: Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ramza34 wrote:
    Could you clarify, I really didn't get your connection. Tomo never held back, which isn't valued anymore. Now everyone must try their best or else they don't play. :wtf:

It's taken for granted is what I was trying to say.
    confidence and bravery
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Crayfish wrote:
    Thanks for posting those up ShinjiGoha. I really liked the vid you had in the AE folder 'KurtvsVietHSF2AE_1.mpg'. Was cool seeing Hyper Blanka in action. Do you have any more of these?

Well the vid was of my brother pez_man facing against an aquaintence from chicago. Unfortunately the aquaintence is fairly busy so he hasn't been by here for over a year. So unfortunately no there isn't.
  • FMJaguarFMJaguar Joined: Posts: 2,729 admin
    We had a AE tourney and someone recorded the finals, it's floating around the net somewhere i bet.
  • DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    Crayfish wrote:

QUOTE: Decoy.
    Do you have any other vids of your Blanka vs Daigo or anyone else other than the one that was posted? I'd like to see ST Ryu vs Turbo Blanka.

Decoy, there is one match here. Even tho Jeff loses this one, I learned alot abt HF Blanka in terms of positioning, footsies and jumping from watching this.
    http://www.streamload.com/ShinjiGohan/SF2AE/
    filename: ryuvsblankalose

Thanks for this Crayfish but I already had that one. I learned a few things too from that vid but I also saw a few missed opportunities. I think Jeff might have been missing due to the speed of the game.

I'd like to see that matchup some more if any other vids exist.

~Decoy
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
  • CrayfishCrayfish Oro of the FGC Joined: Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Decoy wrote:
    Thanks for this Crayfish but I already had that one. I learned a few things too from that vid but I also saw a few missed opportunities. I think Jeff might have been missing due to the speed of the game.

I'd like to see that matchup some more if any other vids exist.

~Decoy

Yeah, after what I learned from watching that vid (and the Gamest Hyperfighting tape), HF Blanka is my fave character atm. Good news is that it was one of Jeff's trademark characters, so hopefully he'll have some more stuff to contribute :)
    I know what you mean abt Jeff missing stuff cause of the speed, that jump in HK that seemed to go thru Daigo, that could have changed that match around, HF Blanka dizzies fast, and he has big power combos. One I learned from the Gamest tape was this:
    Crossover HP, s.MP,s.MP,c.HP!
    This is surprisingly easy to land on anyone above and including the width of Guile.

The HF gamest tape is pretty good I recon, has anyone got this up to shate atm? Cant fit it on that fileshare, its too big @ 150mb.
  • TarkanXTarkanX Joined: Posts: 869
    reactions are a skill that can be honed but i believe some are more gifted than others in this region.

Does this mean others will always be better, because they have faster reflexes (playing in the same environment/competition and practicing the same way)?
  • SNkNuTSNkNuT Joined: Posts: 427
    SNkNuT wrote:
    It seems that SF: AE videos are a rarity. Do you guys know where I can find more AE match vids?

bump
    Currently Playing:
    KOF XI, NGBC, WHP, MotW, SSC, LB 2, MSA, KOF 98 UM
  • _MJ_#R_MJ_#R gfbnews.blogspot.com Joined: Posts: 1,592
    Crayfish wrote:

Quote: _MJ_#R
    the only '93 footage I have is this SF2 Turbo tourney from Korea.

I suppose. Got it on sft.
    GFB News - gfbnews.blogspot.com - match videos updated daily
    ComboVideos - combovideos.com - for your CV needs
  • LAAkumaLAAkuma Joined: Posts: 74
    thanks guys
    Jeff
  • UCRJesseUCRJesse Joined: Posts: 1,109
    nobody knows who tomo is because he hasn't won anything since hyperfighting. I mean, it's a shame but I'm sure he doesn't really care about the recognition. If he did he would have played something in the last 10 years. Videos would be nice though.
    <Viscant> the most shameful feeling in the morning
    <Viscant> waking up with a condom on and realizing...you didn't actually need it
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,652
    Crayfish wrote:
    Quote: Ex_mosquito
    Haha, you mean the Mean Machines SF2 video with Julian Rignall and Gary Harrod? "Dragon punches ahoy, Combos a'plenty!"

Lol, no shit, I remember that. I remember they had SF2 challenges on Games Master, I think with Julian Rignal commentary!

Someone PLEASE share this if you can. It sounds awesome.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    thats cause sf died when hf came out
  • mr. newbiemr. newbie 2 frame reversals :D Joined: Posts: 671
    http://rapidshare.de/files/7666627/C...F2BUG.wmv.html any details on any of these. i've never seen 90% of this stuff.
    Its not a videogames videogame. Its certainly not a gamers videogame. Its candy for gamers, about videogames, expressed as a videogame.
    LAAkuma wrote:
    I called Tomo, I hope we can get together and make some clean DVD's soon on AE.

BWT Turbo blanka SUCKS on AE, he is nothing. I used him vs Daigo and it was pathetic. ST characters murder him badly, he can only win by trading hits, thats it. And for some reason ST ryu's fireball just hits him clean and doesnt trade anymore, so it was a waste of time for me to play him at all. He blows.

On Hyper, yeah sure, Blanka is top 3 character. No doubt about it.

HopefullY can get some DVD's made of some great matches on AE with Tomo and me. Ill make like 4 DVD's if I can.

I will mail them to whoever on here wants to host them. Free shipping.

thats IF I can get him to do it.

Jeff

Excellent idea Jeff. :tup:
    Currently Playing:
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    LAAkuma wrote:
    HopefullY can get some DVD's made of some great matches on AE with Tomo and me. Ill make like 4 DVD's if I can.

Wow, can't imagine a greater matchup and showing of true oldschool talent. I've long awaited a change to watch Tomo's mastery of classic SF.
  • G.O.TG.O.T #1 Haggar fan Joined: Posts: 2,164
    i wish i could've grown up with most of you ol school guys that woulda been sweet. I think like around 2001 is when it really hit me that sf was the most competitive game ive ever played. Thats when i found out about this site after going under previous screen names like around the end of 2002. wasnt much to do in the beginning on this site. im glad its still around. All my sf companions have strayed away from the sf genre, and has went on about there lives. Damn i guess sf really is dead? i tried to tell myself there are ways for it to make a comeback. but like everything else it ends eventually. Heres to my dad and my friend Chris who is now in the army:tup: . The guys that taught me my first hadoken.:sad: Thanks to the guy for making this thread...i was feeling real shitty today. btw did tomo have like a main character in each revision that he would play with or was he a jack-of-all trades and just beat the living crap out of you with any character?
    Fight Fo' Dah Future.
    QUOTE: LAAkuma

Fantastic bews Jeff! I think NKI is going to contact you regarding this. :party:

QUOTE: FMJaguar
    We had a AE tourney and someone recorded the finals, it's floating around the net somewhere i bet.

Sounds great Jaguar, pls keep an eye out for this, it'd be a great file to share on here.

QUOTE: mr. newbie
    C...F2BUG.wmv.html any details on any of these. i've never seen 90% of this stuff.

The most complete western glitches faq's dont feature half that stuff, I'd never even heard of alot of it. The site it came from was not only in Chinese, but is also now defunct :(

HYPERFIGHTING BALROG

The character that I assumed would cause most fuss when AE was released, was HF Balrog. The almost total lack of attention he's received can only lead me to beleive that people just haven't seen what he's capable of. This is the characters who, along with Dhalsim, can totaly shut down Fireball trap characters like O.Sagat! The key is the TAP punch. It has total body invunerability, meaning you can pass directly thru all fb's and attacks!

HF Balrog vs Ryu (by Apoc)
    You don't have to anticipate a fb to jump. Why? Balrog could st.frc which would trade HIGHLY in Balrog's favor. But, WHY? No anticipation necessary. It is this
    simple. Walk at RYU all day holding down 3 kicks, watch for when they are
    standing or crouching, if they are crouching just wait for the button & TAP;
    game over. If they are standing just wait for the joystick motion & block
    when they hit the button. The start up time for a fb allows you to see the
    fb come out before you need to TAP. So if they don't do a fb you were
    blocking whatever. & if they got ballsy & dped then you let go when they are
    on their way down. & if they threw a fb; game over.

HF Balrog can daze in two hits. Learn to time the jab dash so that it links
    after your tap.

HF balrog also had the origonal overhead attack, his jump-back HP!
    When they wake up you make tem block the low jab and immediately jump back with Frc(it's an overhead you just made them block low with your short) then as your flying back charge your kicks. Most shotos at this point think if they throw it, they just migh make you land on the Frc fireball...and they're trippin' at that overhead...so they'll let the fireball fly and you release the kkk...dizzy...gameover. Off of one low block. now if he doesn't throw the fireball after learning you can do all sorts to mess with his head...like dash right when you land and make him block for not throwing a fireball.

*I've put together 3 HF Rog matches to show you the possibilities of the TAP. Two of these matches are from the Oct 2003 Gang Zhou (China) Hyperfighting Open, and one is from a small Acho HF tourney from July 2003.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7710258/HF_Boxer_matches.rar.html

Crayfish.
  • DecoyDecoy You better block. Joined: Posts: 497
    LAAkuma wrote:
    I called Tomo, I hope we can get together and make some clean DVD's soon on AE.

BWT Turbo blanka SUCKS on AE, he is nothing. I used him vs Daigo and it was pathetic. ST characters murder him badly, he can only win by trading hits, thats it. And for some reason ST ryu's fireball just hits him clean and doesnt trade anymore, so it was a waste of time for me to play him at all. He blows.

On Hyper, yeah sure, Blanka is top 3 character. No doubt about it.

I will mail them to whoever on here wants to host them. Free shipping.

thats IF I can get him to do it.

Jeff

Out of curiosity... how many games did you use Turbo Blanka vs Daigo? Don't know if I agree with the comment about Blanka getting murdered by ST characters. IMO, I think he holds up well.

If you and Tomo can work on some DVD's that would be much appreciated by all I'm sure.

~Decoy
    XBL Tag: Real Decoy
    Ganelon wrote:
    Wow, can't imagine a greater matchup and showing of true oldschool talent. I've long awaited a change to watch Tomo's mastery of classic SF.

Yes, yes, I too have been waiting to see tomo's mastery of hyper fighting. too bad i was only 11 or 12 and too little to realized i had one of the best players who used to play at the arcades.
    Currently Playing:
    Crayfish wrote:
    QUOTE: LAAkuma
    HYPERFIGHTING BALROG

The character that I assumed would cause most fuss when AE was released, was HF Balrog. The almost total lack of attention he's received can only lead me to beleive that people just haven't seen what he's capable of. This is the characters who, along with Dhalsim, can totaly shut down Fireball trap characters like O.Sagat! The key is the TAP punch. It has total body invunerability, meaning you can pass directly thru all fb's and attacks!

HF Balrog vs Ryu (by Apoc)
    You don't have to anticipate a fb to jump. Why? Balrog could st.frc which would trade HIGHLY in Balrog's favor. But, WHY? No anticipation necessary. It is this
    simple. Walk at RYU all day holding down 3 kicks, watch for when they are
    standing or crouching, if they are crouching just wait for the button & TAP;
    game over. If they are standing just wait for the joystick motion & block
    when they hit the button. The start up time for a fb allows you to see the
    fb come out before you need to TAP. So if they don't do a fb you were
    blocking whatever. & if they got ballsy & dped then you let go when they are
    on their way down. & if they threw a fb; game over.

HF Balrog can daze in two hits. Learn to time the jab dash so that it links
    after your tap.

HF balrog also had the origonal overhead attack, his jump-back HP!
    When they wake up you make tem block the low jab and immediately jump back with Frc(it's an overhead you just made them block low with your short) then as your flying back charge your kicks. Most shotos at this point think if they throw it, they just migh make you land on the Frc fireball...and they're trippin' at that overhead...so they'll let the fireball fly and you release the kkk...dizzy...gameover. Off of one low block. now if he doesn't throw the fireball after learning you can do all sorts to mess with his head...like dash right when you land and make him block for not throwing a fireball.

*I've put together 3 HF Rog matches to show you the possibilities of the TAP. Two of these matches are from the Oct 2003 Gang Zhou (China) Hyperfighting Open, and one is from a small Acho HF tourney from July 2003.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7710258/HF_Boxer_matches.rar.html

Crayfish.

Yeah Apoc is correct in theory, but in real game playing pros, nobody can do it, its too diffucult, HF balrog has a gigantic weakness that cannot be overcome. Sagat beats him badly, as Apoc will attest to. I probably played Apoc in 30 tournaments and he always used Vega, or Balrog. he can tell you why that match is unfair, from personal experience.

I used to travel to hang out with Jason when he lived in Las Vegas, I would win 45+-0 vs all comers with Sagat on hyper. The turn around punch doesnt do anything if your not close to Sagat. You see I just make you block 1 fireball, and its game over for you because then your too far back to turn through it because youll just end up blocking the next fireball anyway, and your back where you started. And, you can never, ever jump forward from long range because I would tag everyone and thier mom with Standing Fierce timed almost exactly when you hit the ground, its unblockable, hits you right before you hit the ground. So you get caught in this blocking/standinf fierce murder fest.

Also, I could uppercut the turn around punch on reaction, so you can't do it unless I throw a fireball, even once, or your in the pattern of death.

People that know me, when I was younger, I used to play sagat with this movement style I think I started as a trend. I would simply play the entire match SPINNING the joystick very fast, over and over, constantly. So when a fireball came out, it was always a surprise. The good balrog players would cue off the motion they saw off someone's hand to do the turn around from very close range. My method would kill this method. Other good Balrogs of all time where Thao Duong as well. And he got beat 3-0 in every tournament, ever, of all time vs my Sagat on that game.

Characters that beat Balrog on that version pretty handilly, in order:

Guile
    Blanka
    Sagat
  • dogberrydogberry l33t OG Sagat tactics Joined: Posts: 358
    Hey Jeff, could you explain a bit more on Guile vs. Rog. I'm curious about how that match would go. Thanks.

And DVDs of u vs. Tomo would be awesome. Hope it'll happen.
  • ahleeahlee Joined: Posts: 35
    Out of curiousity, why did Tomo stop playing Street Fighter at a competitive level after Hyper (or did he stop at ST?) ? Did he ever play and get into newer Street Fighter games (Alpha, SF3 series)? Has he been interested in any games other than Street Fighter - fps shooters, rts, etc.?
  • ahleeahlee Joined: Posts: 35
    Also, who is Thomas Osaki? (mentioned at http://sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart2.htm ) Are both Thomas Osaki and Tomo Ohira from northern Cali, and did they ever play each other during their peak? Sirlin mentions that Osaki "dominated the game of Street Fighter in Northern California," and they both seem to have left a name for themselves in the Street Fighter world. Were these two generally recognized as the best in their locale?
    [thanks
    LAAkuma wrote:
    They would push standing jab to "trap" the enemy so they cannot walk backward..

Jeff, or NKI or some1, pls could you give an overview of this tactic, its applications and effect on the game. Its really an intrinsic part of oldschool play. Thnx.

More CPS1 Chain madness.
    These Guile combo vids really show the possibilities of the cps1 chain, check out the really ugly stuff like c.HP,c.LK,s.HP backfist!

http://perso.numericable.fr/~bkenneth/GuileCE.mpg
    http://perso.numericable.fr/~bkenneth/GuileHF.mpg

Again: http://www.video-opera.com/features/f0016.php
    Crayfish.
    Crayfish wrote:
    Jeff, or NKI or some1, pls could you give an overview of this tactic, its applications and effect on the game. Its really an intrinsic part of oldschool play. Thnx.

More CPS1 Chain madness.
    These Guile combo vids really show the possibilities of the cps1 chain, check out the really ugly stuff like c.HP,c.LK,s.HP backfist!

Crayfish.

hey crayfish those guile chains are insane but do you have any ryu or ken (hyper) chains. oh and where did you get them?

one more question, are you going to the neo empire thing near the end of the month? if so i'll play you at some Hyper AE
  • Hol HorseHol Horse a.k.a. Fugo ~ イタリアの強大なユリアン Joined: Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Crayfish wrote:

It exploit the fact that there's not proximity blocking in sf2, so pushing backwards even from full screen results in a block animation if the opponent is sticking out any move. It's used to trap the opponent without touching him, 'cause you limite his options even more. It's most obvious use is when you have the opponent at the optimum distance, to not allow him walk away from that range.
    There's more than that of course, I hope the oldschoolers will break it down :tup:
    gooby plz
  • dbycrashdbycrash i'm here to rule pants. Joined: Posts: 254
    LAAkuma wrote:
    Like I said, you can't be the best unless you play with the best. N. Cal's disadvantage up until Super Turbo is that they only played themselves. And they were just excellent players, but nobody was "tomo" like. So we, in LA were pushed much more to succeed because of Tomo. Tomo is like Tiger Woods of the PGA tour. When he came on the scene, everyone else worked to get better.

Jeff
    that is some real shit right there
    random since 91'
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i've seen the vid of tomo teaches sf, this was when i was a kid and didn't understand sf much, but my friend used to beat me using the tactics taught in the video.

afaik though, there was nothing too deep about it, just some strategies and hard combos.

such as tick throwing, jumping short, throw with ryu. or standing attacks into bladekick with guile.

also random strats such as using low short against sim or something with ryu.
    Green Karin.
  • gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Crayfish wrote:

More CPS1 Chain madness.

Crayfish.

Bwahaha, it's good to see my old Guile vids still making the rounds. Here's another place for people to pick them up at.....

http://www.seangilley.com/avi/GuileWW.mpg
    http://www.seangilley.com/avi/GuileCE.mpg
    http://www.seangilley.com/avi/GuileHF.mpg
    http://www.seangilley.com/avi/GuileCFE.wmv <--yeah he can kinda do this stuff in fighting jam :rofl:

EDIT: I made this circa 1999 to show people the stuff that's on the TZW combo video tape. Most people's copy of TZW Ultimate Guile was really bad and almost unwatchable, so I made a clean version. There's ALOT more stuff like this on the tape and I always wanted to do more combos from the tape. I'm just a lazy bastard though.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
    i wish i wasn't at school/work right now so i could watch these matches. thx for the vids though. i'll watch em when i get home...
  • ruiN-ruiN- ChoBoGaGa Joined: Posts: 3,269
    Where can i watch that DAIGO vs jeff footage? Anyone got a link i really wanna see it :D
    Team Lady GaGa
    Daigo "The Beast [media=youtube]dYo6kZt3f4w[/media]
    @choboruin twitter
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Out of curiousity, why did Tomo stop playing Street Fighter at a competitive level after Hyper (or did he stop at ST?) ? Did he ever play and get into newer Street Fighter games (Alpha, SF3 series)? Has he been interested in any games other than Street Fighter - fps shooters, rts, etc.?

I thought he quit after a SSF2 tournament he won in 94 where he and Watson were at the finals.... Dont remember. i have the Gamepro :tdown: coverage if anyone interested I can scan it.
  • fluxcorefluxcore Fighting Kiwi Joined: Posts: 311
    Crayfish wrote:
    More oldschool sharing. This is the most comprehensive WW bugvid, from the now defunct CLN1.com. I knew some of these, freeze, handcuff magic throw etc.. but had never seen Guile flying off the screen beating people up!:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/7666627/CLN1_-_SF2BUG.wmv.html

The Guile "scroller" glitches are emulator-only, they happen instead of the machine resetting (the "blackout" glitch in the arcade). You can do them by performing the handcuffs motion, but pressing fierce,roundhouse instead of strong,forward. Or by trying the fierce, RH Flashkick combo and not doing it correctly. There are a few different outcomes, all of which I think were covered by that video.

However, it missed out a few WW bugs I think, there was one with ryu/ken stuck on the car, and there was some blanka one as well. They are documented on some glitch site somewhere (if it's still up), I think it was by sf2freak.
    There is no knowledge that is not power
  • HozantoHozanto Retired... Joined: Posts: 277
    fluxcore wrote:
    The Guile "scroller" glitches are emulator-only, they happen instead of the machine resetting (the "blackout" glitch in the arcade). You can do them by performing the handcuffs motion, but pressing fierce,roundhouse instead of strong,forward. Or by trying the fierce, RH Flashkick combo and not doing it correctly. There are a few different outcomes, all of which I think were covered by that video.

However, it missed out a few WW bugs I think, there was one with ryu/ken stuck on the car, and there was some blanka one as well. They are documented on some glitch site somewhere (if it's still up), I think it was by sf2freak.

Here is that site:

http://www.jasongordon.com/static/sf2/

Great thread! Brings back alot of memories:tup:
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice thread, one of the only ones where I don't see any hate going on. Btw, to all of you guys who where thriving in the 'Golden Era' I tip my hats to you guys, seriously, although, I began SF before I heard of you guys, but it was because of reading about you guys that it made me want to play SF even more. I remember having that SF guide book, forgot what it was called, it had Ryu onthe front, with a white eyed, M.Bison with the glowing hands in the back, anyways, it had information about a SF champion, and it was none other than Tomo Ohira.

I wished I would've kept the strategy guide in good condition, but through the years, I lost it. It makes me wished my family hadn't moved to WI and stayed in Cali...damn, it might've made a whole world of difference for me in my SF lvl of play for sure. Sadly, I was only about 11-13 yrs old during your guys Golden Age days, a puppy really:sad: , anyways, you guys should get back into the SF scene, atleast do a AE tournament or something and show the people who weren't there to see the Golden Age, to feel a piece of it...seriously, you guys should, like a "Last Dance" or something...would be great some great shit see. Again, thumbs up to you old schoolers.

Oh yes, please do that dvd, that shit would own:pray:
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • FMJaguarFMJaguar Joined: Posts: 2,729 admin
    The whole brokeness of OG tangent was moved out to

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103611

<presses unpause>
    back in business

Thankyou FMJaguar for doing the most democratic thing.

QUOTE: evilj
    i've seen the vid of tomo teaches ......random strats such as using low short against sim or something with ryu.

*I would really love to see this.

QUOTE Daz:
    hey crayfish those guile chains are insane but do you have any ryu or ken (hyper) chains. oh and where did you get them?
    one more question, are you going to the neo empire thing near the end of the month? if so i'll play you at some Hyper AE

*Those were the only vids im afraid. Ryu and ken have plenty too tho. Check out the vids from shanghai posted in the Korea SF2 CE thread. I linked to a couple a here, a few posts back. Mainly they chain thier c.LK into HP. This is really useful cause shoto's can finaly dizzy from just standing infront of u, without a jump in. See in those movies how the ryu player really mixes up the throw/ c.LK CPS1 chain high/low game. With cps1 chain skill like that, all he needs is 1 c.LK.

c.LK, s.HPxxFB
    c.LKX3, s.HPxxFB
    crossover j.HK, c.LKX4, (far)s.HP

Ken:
    s.LK, c.HPxxDP (style)
    crossover j.HK, c.LKX2, s.HPxxDP

Soz I cant make it to Neo Emp thing. IS day after my bthday night out. A v good player i know (uses sig 'Wishworm' on Euro Killera servers) might be going, watch out for him.

Now were back on track again, check this out. Seems to be based on one of those turn based rpg combat games, maybe dragon warrior or something, anyone? Anyway its bonkers and you open it with Internet explorer:

http://rapidshare.de/files/8000576/zangi3.swf.html

Alot of people are mentioning old SF2 guidebooks. I would really love to have any info poeple can give, like isbn's authers, contents etc... We got the Gamepro Hyperfighting Guidebook here in the uk, but we never got the CE and SSF2 ones people had mentioned, any info appreciated:) Didnt one of those have a interview with Jeff and his picture in btw, the SSF2 one?

Could someone please do the great service of downloading this file and hosting it on rapidshare or other (I'm having real trouble getting it). The filname is 'hame_3045.lzh' and can be found here:
    http://www.hameko.net/uploader/upload.php
    Its probably on page 4 or 5 now. According to the peeps in the ST inda house thread, its a Hyper SF2 combo vid! size is abt 48 megs, thnx.

Crayfish :encore:
    More OS goodnes, managed to dig out the 93 & 94 Japanese Snes SF2 tournies. One is on Hyperfighting, the other on Super. Watch out for frantic pad mashing during holds, what looks like a Japanese Fred Flintstone commenting on the replays, what looks to be a Rockabilly style revival in 93 and the smugness of the head on that Vega player in 94!!

http://rapidshare.de/files/8100698/SnesJp93-94.rar.html

Damn now those were tournies, pitty whomever captured these didn't include more of the event. Im sure this is that one seen in the begining of the HSF advert thats in a massive hall with smoke machines and 100's of systems set up.
    Crayfish wrote:
    Alot of people are mentioning old SF2 guidebooks. I would really love to have any info poeple can give, like isbn's authers, contents etc... We got the Gamepro Hyperfighting Guidebook here in the uk, but we never got the CE and SSF2 ones people had mentioned, any info appreciated:) Didnt one of those have a interview with Jeff and his picture in btw, the SSF2 one?

:

hey crayfish the ssf2 book did comeout over here (it had super then super turbo in it) i got it from W H Smiths in 1994 or 95 but nobody seemed interested at the time cause of mortal combat and the fact that there seemed to be a 2D backlash in the uk (ps1 Coming out and all). people went tekken 1 mad.

i only have the sf2 ce/sf2 turbo book and the ssf2/ssf2t book, i thought there was only ever two books and both had two games each in them