Television General Discussion

CTGCTG Army of ZeroJoined: Posts: 6,151
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
If a thread like this exists already please point me to it - a forum search yielded nothing.

Thread is mainly to discuss shows that probably aren't popular enough to have their own thread - at least right now.

Ground Rules
  • Keep spoilers to a minimum - try to be considerate, this is general discussion. No spoilers for future episodes though.
  • If a show already has it's own thread, talk about it there (Dexter, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc)
  • If a show is taking up too much of the thread, create a thread just for that show.
Post edited by CTG on

Comments

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,151
    So anybody plan on catching the Criminal Minds or Revenge premieres?
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    No, but then again I hate most dramatic television.

About all I have been doing is catching up on Haven and Supernatural, finally caved in and bought the first two seasons and I enjoy it immensely.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    Overall I mainly watch sci-fi ( <3 Fringe), but I'll watch dramas as long as they have something unique about them. I like Criminal Minds, NCIS, and SVU - but the guiltiest pleasure of all is Leverage. Not the best actors, not the best writing and the plots can jump the shark more often than not - but the characters just work. It's one of those rare shows where the plot can be the last thing on your mind, you just want to watch the characters interact with each other.

I really liked Supernatural for a while, but it got to the point where it went a little far for me (I got deeper into religion around the time, Muslim btw) and stopped watching - I think around S4 or S5. Really well written though and from what I remember the acting just got better every season.

Haven't tried Haven, though I've been tempted since Edge has been making guest appearances. I remember hoping SyFy would pick up Heroes. Tried to watch Alphas but didn't get through the first episode due to company. Perhaps I'll try again at some point.

Let me also add that I was pleasantly surprised by Falling Skies. That's a friggin' good show.
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    wow they have more season's for supernatural i loved that show but i just stop watching it when does it premere? and yes as little TV as i watch i will be watching Criminal Minds :lol:
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
    Season seven of Supernatural I think premiered a few weeks ago. Still a fantastic show from what I hear, trying to quickly catch up.

@CTG: Haven is great. It's like CSI meets Twin Peaks if that helps at all. A little more light hearted and focused on character development but it's good. Hope it survives after Season 2.
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    I watch NCIS, Big Bang Theory and Castle...

I used to watch more but recently had to cut the Cable back.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
    Have only seen a couple episodes of BBT and enjoyed them - I just can't get into sitcoms anymore for some reason. I think it'll end up being one of those shows that I'll randomly binge on here and there while I work.
    Only non animated sitcoms I watch are Workaholics and It's Always Sunny in Philly.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Well let's see!
    1. 30 Rock
    2. Alcatraz (once in starts this winter)
    3. Castle
    4. Doctor Who
    5. Fringe
    6. Game of Thrones
    7. Gokaiger
    8. Grimm (starts soonish)
    9. How I met your mother
    10. Kamen Rider
    11. Man Men
    12. Person of Interest (starts this week)
    13. Power Rangers Samurai
    14. Sherlock
    15. Spartacus
    16. Supernatural
    17. The Finder (no clue when it starts)
    18. The Transporter (No start date announced)
    19. Top gear
    20. Top gear US
    21. Torchwood
    22. True Blood
    23. Warehouse 13
    I keep busy!
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    .......you still watch Power Rangers? Am I missing something?

I randomly watched the second half of a PR episode a few weeks ago when I stumbled on it and caught a whiff of nostalgia. I don't think I could do that again. It was mind-numbing.
    You're not missing anything. I still enjoy it.
    You're not missing anything. I still enjoy it.

Same, I need to catch up. Forgot about dat Doctor Who, fantastic stuff.
    More power to you guys. o_O
    wow they have more season's for supernatural i loved that show but i just stop watching it when does it premere? and yes as little TV as i watch i will be watching Criminal Minds :lol:

Don't know if you've seen the promos yet, but
    Prentiss coming back so soon is kinda surprising. I figured they'd wait a few episodes. Guess this means they'll be tying up that arc in the first or second episode.
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    If I talk about tv shows in the lounge, and someone tells me, "there's a thread for that," I will direct them right back here, and to the following:

Fuck you.
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    House season 8 premier is good. I haven't seen Jaleel White in...forever. Don't fuck with House's tuna.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,655
    House season 8 premier is good. I haven't seen Jaleel White in...forever. Don't fuck with House's tuna.

Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus. Did heee do that? Yes. And he took the role seriously.
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    I'm hyped up for a lot of shows coming up. NCIS season premiere was pretty good, as well as NCIS LA. Revenge looks like it might be interesting...going to watch the premiere tonight. Dexter, House and Criminal Minds I'm definitely not going to miss.

One show I really liked was Lie to Me, what happened with it?
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus. Did heee do that? Yes. And he took the role seriously.

I figured he was about that desperate. At any rate, this was a good ep, and he was pretty good in it. And it's not lupus.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    Along with being a movie nerd, I'm also (surprise!) a TV nerd.

Currently Watching Shows:

Mad Men
    Dexter
    Fringe
    Parks and Recreation
    Community
    Modern Family
    Parenthood
    Raising Hope
    Bones
    NCIS
    The Office (I don't think I'll continue watching without Michael Scott)

Shows that no longer run new eps that I still watch:

Arrested Development
    Firefly
    Party Down
    Freaks and Geeks
    Seinfeld

Shows I need to get around to watching (current or old)

The Wire
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,694
    Watching Top Chef Just Desserts, stuff some of these people can produce is deliciously insane.

Just started watching Wilfred aswell, pretty funny show.
  • Black ChanlerBlack Chanler Human Error Joined: Posts: 915
    Does anyone know if the people behind Xena Warrior Princess are still doing projects?
    PSN: Leonardsbigdome
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,694
  • Sp33dking89Sp33dking89 Joined: Posts: 791
    Community.
    12/5
    I really enjoyed Revenge last night. I'm hoping they really go through with everything and not have her have some grand change of heart by the end of the season/series.

Criminal Minds was of course - awesome.
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I watch a lot of TV for a guy who should be studying. A lot of shows I like aren't the best ones on TV. Simple plots, not great acting, etc. But I like them for one reason or the other.

Psych - no idea when it starts up again.
    Leverage - can't watch because no TV, but I do like.
    Dexter - obvious.
    Office - falling off, but it should end soon.
    Chuck - ending this season coming up.
    Eureka - the plot (especially this last season) is really bizarre. I don't know where they're taking this series. But for some reason, I can't stop watching.
    How I Met Your Mother - some people say the jokes get repetitive, but I still enjoy it. Rather that than bitching about a show changing so much.
    Enterprise - ended awhile ago, but never got around to watching until now.
    Castle - is this show gaining in popularity? No idea.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Wife watches a few different tv shows but I dont pay much attention. I dont really care much for anything that isnt on one of the premium cable channels. The only show I enjoy watching with her is Raising Hope.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
    Watched the pilot for Person of Interest. I'm very curious as to where it's going. I'm hooked.
    Watched the pilot for Person of Interest. I'm very curious as to where it's going. I'm hooked.

I've got that on the DVR, glad to hear its... interesting....

.....YEAAAAAA!
  • Las Vegas PimpLas Vegas Pimp XBL: Da Big Punisher Joined: Posts: 3,568
    I like Person of Interest, just watched it. Will continue to watch it, glad it was a time slot below Mentalist which I think people are sleeping on.

Is Revenge another one of those ABC single season series like Harper's Island?
    Still have that SRK OG mentality.
    Damn, back-to-back new eps on CN tonight.
    Yea Persons of Interest is interesting. If it continues to be as action oriented as well, then I will continue to watch. Dude bustin knee caps left n right, holy shit.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

Is Revenge another one of those ABC single season series like Harper's Island?

Not sure. I know one thing, they better learn from the huge mistake AMC made with The Killing.
    For some reason Person of Interest feels big budgeted for me. I like Castle, first 5 mins felt like 30 seconds.
    I wasn't really all that impressed with the new episode Castle. It felt long and plodding, and kind of annoying.

Just watched Revenge, she crossed that one chick out but she's not even dead. damn
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I'm actually looking forward to this show............it's the only new show on NBC I'm looking forward to.
    Probably on any channel.
    Police detective Michael Britten (Jason Isaacs) regains consciousness following a car accident involving his wife Hannah (Laura Allen) and his son Rex (Dylan Minnette). Michael moves back and forth between two realities: in one, Rex survived while Hannah is dead; in the other, Hannah survived but Rex did not. Trying to keep both his loved ones alive, Michael starts living a "double life," moving back and forth between the two realities, dealing with different personal conflicts and police partners. He also starts noticing strange links between the two realities.

And again.............BD Wong plays a shrink.

Then again............there is Fox's New Girl cause I have this thing about Zooey.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    I like Zooey, but this show could ruin her for me. She's too over the top, just like everything else about the show. It feels like a multi-camera comedy shot in the single camera format...you almost expect a laugh track...

edit: What shows do you guys watch on DVD? Do you enjoy commentary tracks and deleted scenes? I'm a huge TV on DVD fan. Ever since Arrested Development, I like getting good comedies on DVD.
    Everything I buy on dvd I will rewatch with Commentary tracks. I love that shit. Some times the commentary is just as funny as the show.
  • NoiNoiPinoyNoiNoiPinoy WorldWideDentist Joined: Posts: 224
    Just heard Law & Order SVU just lost Detective Stabler and they're slowly phasing out Olivia. Last Law & Order standing may finally be on its final legs.
    * Reppin' that 254 and San Antonio *
    * PSN: NoiNoiPinoy *
    * X-box Live: NoiNoiPinoy *
    * CvS2: C-Groove Joe, Blanka, E. Honda *
    * Super Turbo: E. Honda, Zangief *
    * Third Strike: SA1 Ryu, SA1 Hugo *
    Yea I heard that over the summer. We still got Munch though. Right?

.....right?
    Yea I heard that over the summer. We still got Munch though. Right?

Yeah he's still there, but his role has been slowly diminishing since around 4 yrs ago. He's really there just to do random quips here and there. That whole cast had chemistry and now its broken
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, it sucks that SVU loses Stabler........but I got to admit, the stories this past season were trying too hard.
    Maybe an overhaul is needed........but that didn't really work for the other Law and Orders.

Thank you Elliot Stabler for the greatest quote of Evo 2010..................you'll be missed.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ive been watching:

Breaking Bad
    Always Sunny In Philly
    Jon Benjamin has a Van
    Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!
    Mad Men
    Sons of Anarchy
    Boardwalk Empire
    Dexter
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Entourage
    Adventure Time with Finn and Jake
    Attack of The show (i dont know why but i still tune in)
    CityTV News and CP24 for news
    30 Rock
    Parks and Recreation
    Community
    The Office
    Storage Wars
    Pawn Stars
    Hardcore Pawn
    Auction Hunters
    Billy The Exterminator (i dont know why but this dude is so weird and entertaining to me, i just mainly laugh at his hair for the half hour)
    The Ultimate Fighter
    Bellator/Strikeforce/UFC events.

You guys think Terra Nova will be any good?

• ckrazyckrazy Self Banned Joined: Posts: 10,607
    Ive been watching:

Breaking Bad
    Always Sunny In Philly
    Jon Benjamin has a Van
    Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!
    Mad Men
    Sons of Anarchy
    Boardwalk Empire
    Dexter
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Entourage
    Adventure Time with Finn and Jake
    Attack of The show (i dont know why but i still tune in)
    CityTV News and CP24 for news
    30 Rock
    Parks and Recreation
    Community
    The Office
    Storage Wars
    Pawn Stars
    Hardcore Pawn
    Auction Hunters
    Billy The Exterminator (i dont know why but this dude is so weird and entertaining to me, i just mainly laugh at his hair for the half hour)
    The Ultimate Fighter
    Bellator/Strikeforce/UFC events.

You guys think Terra Nova will be any good?

Jesus Christ how do you keep up with all that?

I can't even keep up with like 3-4 shows. I usually catch everything later on demand, but even that sometimes I say fuck it. Just wait until the season is completed and knock it out on a free day.
    On the third day of our expedition we came across a large rubber plant, but unfortunately we cannot cut it down. For as we know, money can't buy knives. I went into a store one time and I said, "Here's a hundred thousand dollars, can I buy a knife?" And he said, "no money can't buy knives."
    I like Zooey, but this show could ruin her for me. She's too over the top, just like everything else about the show. It feels like a multi-camera comedy shot in the single camera format...you almost expect a laugh track...

edit: What shows do you guys watch on DVD? Do you enjoy commentary tracks and deleted scenes? I'm a huge TV on DVD fan. Ever since Arrested Development, I like getting good comedies on DVD.
    I haven't seen Zooeys new show, but i am little worried about it...

I will watch the commentary on anything. Movies, TV shows, Music, I don't care, I love hearing about all that kinda shit. I don't own many shows on DVD yet tho. Just Big Bang Theory and Life and the BBT DVDs are rather devoid...Just some short featurettes an shit. Kinda disappointing. Life has commentary stuff on em but I haven't gotten to watch them yet. Will at some point soon tho.

New episode of Castle was better then the Premier. I was happy.

Parks and Office have great extras. The way single camera comedies are shot work well with DVD sales because there is always tons of material they had to cut for time, so the deleted scenes are great.
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    So, the two leading actors of the best leading L&O series are planning to bounce? That's sucks.

And +1 for Psych. That show's getting a lot of famous guest stars. I thought I was the only one who watched USA.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    So, the two leading actors of the best leading L&O series are planning to bounce? That's sucks.

Meloni couldn't negotiate a new contract and Hargitay's character is being moved to a 'supervisor' role. (Her contract extension was only for a portion of the series)
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG American Qi Joined: Posts: 877
    Caught the two hour prem of Terra Nova. There's an intriguing implication on what Terra Nova "really" is between some characters dialougues and set pieces. I've got my fingers crossed in hoping it gets really strange.

Also watching online streams of Awkward.

Amber Heard and Maria Bello. Yup.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just been watching new:
    family guy
    cleaveland show
    supernatural
    big bang theory
    Terra nova
    three and a half men
    jersey shore
    a bit of breaking bad

still looking forward to new game of thrones...