Television General Discussion

Comments

• FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I'm actually looking forward to this show............it's the only new show on NBC I'm looking forward to.
    Probably on any channel.

And again.............BD Wong plays a shrink.

Then again............there is Fox's New Girl cause I have this thing about Zooey.

That looks like a bad ass show. I'm looking forward to it as well.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well I dont follow them all at the same time but im pretty much caught up or in the process of catching up with all of those shows.

• SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    terra nova any good?
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,984
    The second episode of The New Girl was friggin' funny. That douche Schmidt kinda stole the show overall. I fell the same way IGN feels about him - can't tell whether it's either comedic genius on the actor's and writer's part or it just a happy accident.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Caught the two hour prem of Terra Nova. There's an intriguing implication on what Terra Nova "really" is between some characters dialougues and set pieces. I've got my fingers crossed in hoping it gets really strange.

Also watching online streams of Awkward.

Amber Heard and Maria Bello. Yup.
    didnt watch the show but the trailer gave me a 3rd earth vibe.

anyone watch blue mountain state...i love this horrible horrible show.

lol fox knew wtf they were doin wit the new girl, took nerd/geeks soul's like they were tsang tsung.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • No_CigarNo_Cigar close but....... Joined: Posts: 2,173
    · "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Did you mean to post that in the other thread?
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • No_CigarNo_Cigar close but....... Joined: Posts: 2,173
    Did you mean to post that in the other thread?

I saw TV thread and figured it should be in here. Just trying to show some support and spread the message, since the media has been trying to have a blackout of information on this. Sorry if I did something wrong.

Maybe if people watch this they could understand better, because this is a very good report on the subject. And it comes from a gamer TV channel, it makes me proud to be a gamer.
    · "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

lol fox knew wtf they were doin wit the new girl, took nerd/geeks soul's like they were tsang tsung.

They took their cue from BBT - only in TNG, they're not as exaggerated. They're like the modern, common geek instead of The Wonder Years "Paul" geek.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    It's a pretty simple formula - take a hot girl, make her a geek and watch nerds flock. I'm sort of annoyed by it because it seems sort of like pandering to a demographic. I mean, if the pandering is incidental, that's ok, but i don't think it is. However, I'm also not going to argue with seeing Zooey each week in nerdy glasses and cute dresses...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    TNG is funny, I like it, but how on earth is her kind of "nerdy" more normal then BBT nerdy? She still comes off as totally strange and socially inept...

Edit: Unless you're referring more to the guys, ok I could see that, but then I wouldn't really put them in the same class description as BBT anyway.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    BBT?
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    BBT?

Big Bang Theory
    It's a pretty simple formula - take a hot girl, make her a geek and watch nerds flock. I'm sort of annoyed by it because it seems sort of like pandering to a demographic. I mean, if the pandering is incidental, that's ok, but i don't think it is. However, I'm also not going to argue with seeing Zooey each week in nerdy glasses and cute dresses...
    well her whole style is pretty indy geek. not even just this show...her singing to her choices in movies. i honestly think thats just who she is and not just the part she potrays in hollywood but i could be wrong.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think Zooey is pandering, I think the network execs are...
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think Zooey is pandering, I think the network execs are...
    oh...totally.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • The BaronThe Baron Joined: Posts: 13
    FX is on an amazing roll of TV shows right now, nothing they put out is bad.
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Televisions are pretty cool. :)
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,494 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Picked up the Blackadder Remastered – The Ultimate Edition set...............I've been reading rave reviews on it.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.tactools.org/apocalypse-man-survival-instruction/

Watching this on History channel. Damn good info. Required viewing for all srk zombie apocalypse survivalists, and it might just come in handy in the near future...Iran IS nuking up, you know...
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Anybody happen to watch that new show Homeland after the Dexter premiere? Good friggin stuff and it has that weird red-headed guy from Life which just adds to the goodness.

For anyone who isn't familiar with it, the show's about a thought-to-be-dead POW who gets rescued, only some thing he's been turned and is now spying/planning an attack on American soil. Much of the show is figuring out whether or not he's a terrorist now. Of course there's other stuff like the drama of him returning home to his family (the details of which I won't spoil) and some other stuff. If you get chance, you should definitely check it out.
    Ok before this thread goes any further; The New Girl will not be referred to as TNG anymore but simply as NG. I refuse to have Star Trek's The Next Generation's rep tarnished by mistaken acronyms.
    I thought it felt wrong calling it TNG but couldn't put my finger on why. Thanks Val.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

I never liked Trek. Let this add to the reasons.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 14
    Ok, I'm not REALLY that into Terra Nova, but I'm giving it a chance so far...they've fulfilled some basic expectations already by having at least 1 person become a snack for a dinosaur, along with having some pretty hot ass on the show. This broad right here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0174909/ is gorgeous, and she just bent over a little while ago in some very small booty-shorts. I happened to tune in just in time to catch that bend over scene... I'm surprised they even showed it, since most networks appear to be afraid of showing a hot ass when the woman is wearing small shorts or a short skirt. Anyway, she also gets bonus points for having a british accent.... at first glance I thought she was Parminder Nagra (adorable little piece of hot Indian ass... I watched ER simply because she was on it), but apparently not. ..but yeah, Rogue One was surprisingly good.

The oldest daughter on the show looks good too.

I also need to check out The New Girl....yes, my interest in that show is purely because Zooey D. is on there.
    Post edited by Million on
    Universal Soldier TV series?
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1197940p1.html

I guess it could work if they took it seriously enough. Since they're saying it'd be a reboot, that gives them a ton of freedom to craft a decent mytho. After the awesome series which was Battlestar Galactica, any sci-fi reboot/re-imagining gets a chance with me.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 14
    ah, finally I get to see The New Girl. Zooey is indeed absolutely adorable. This girl defines new levels of cute/hotness....she looks like a beautiful cartoon/comic book character that somehow became a real being.....gorgeous.

"Ringer" is losing me, but CW still dominates when it comes to the TnA content. There's so much hot ass on the shows from that network it's ridiculous. About 5 years and 3 months from now, I farted. Yeah I'm posting from the future, muthafuckas!
    Post edited by Million on
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,494 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "Beware The Batman" CGI Animated Series Coming For 2013, "DC Nation" Updates
    October 04, 2011 by James Harvey

New details on upcoming DC Comics-related animation programming, including details on the next animated Batman series Beware the Batman, have been revealed.

Sam Register confirmed the title of the next animated Batman series, due in 2013. Register, executive vice president for creative affairs at Warner Bros. Animation, closed the MIP Junior conference in Cannes, France on Sunday, October 2nd, 2011, with a keynote address on upcoming Warner Bros. Animation plans. MIP Junior is an intensive two-day conference agenda of debates, interactive workshops, pitching and matchmaking sessions that update executives and consumers on the latest developments in kids’ entertainment. With a new Batman theatrical feature slated for next year, Register says it was synergy to bring about a new Batman animated series.

The next Batman animated series, debuting in 2013, is titled Beware the Batman. According to Register, the CGI animated series will spotlight a classic-looking Batman teaming up with a gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth and a female ninja sidekick. Beware the Batman is executive-produced by Glen Murakami, and will explore the mythology’s more obscure villains, such as Professor Pyg, but also won't shy away from featuring some of the more well-known Batman foes.

Concerning villains slated to appear in the series, Register commented, "We went in deeper into the villain library and pulled out some other villains. We didn’t want to do another Joker story...there’s too many of them."

"We just needed to do something new, so we’re starting off with new villains," he concluded.

In the series, Batman will team up with a younger female sidekick named Katana. During the keynote, Register added that Katana will fill the sidekick role, but won't be a replacement for Robin.

"Katana is gonna be his new Robin, but not necessarily," Register said.

Register also revealed new details about the forthcoming DC Nation block during his keynote address. Highlights include Aardman Animation creating new claymation Batman shorts, Plastic Man animated shorts, and the creator behind My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic working on a series of animated shorts teaming Wonder Girl, Batgirl, Supergirl called Super Best Friends Forever. Additionally, there is also a series of Doom Patrol animated shorts in production. The block will also host a series of behind-the-scenes videos, special interviews, and much more. DC Nation, slated to run for at least three years on Cartoon Network, will debut in Spring 2012 with Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

Stay tuned for further updates, including exclusive content and much more, right here at The World's Finest.

Well................this is different.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292
    House season 8 premier is good. I haven't seen Jaleel White in...forever. Don't fuck with House's tuna.
    Never mind the tuna. Don't mess with House's walkman.
    I'm hyped up for a lot of shows coming up. NCIS season premiere was pretty good, as well as NCIS LA. Revenge looks like it might be interesting...going to watch the premiere tonight. Dexter, House and Criminal Minds I'm definitely not going to miss.

One show I really liked was Lie to Me, what happened with it?

Got canned May 10, 2011 .
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Never mind the tuna. Don't mess with House's walkman.

Ah, but you see: the walkman was just a tool to get back teh almighty tuna.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    ah, finally I get to see The New Girl. Zooey is indeed absolutely adorable. This girl defines new levels of cute/hotness....she looks like a beautiful cartoon/comic book character that somehow became a real being.....gorgeous.

Odds of Zoey's eventual series relationship:

Nick (or whatever his name is): 55%
    Winston: 45%
    Schimdt: 0% (just how it should be, he's the "Superbad" of the show)
    Alfred Pennyworth with a gun? That don't seem right.
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292
    Alfred Pennyworth with a gun? That don't seem right.

Pre-crisis, Alfred was an intelligence agent at one point in his life. It's not too far fetched.
    And if it is, its only because he made it seem that way.
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    But guns Akimbo? Naw, too impractical for a man like Alfred.

• M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    So I tuned into channel 20 cause I saw L&O on the TV guide. Whoa, this must be really old. I didn't know the guy from Criminal Intent and Captain Cragen were in the original. I thought it all started with Jack Mccoy and friends.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    So I tuned into channel 20 cause I saw L&O on the TV guide. Whoa, this must be really old. I didn't know the guy from Criminal Intent and Captain Cragen were in the original. I thought it all started with Jack Mccoy and friends.

I remember those. The cops were that short, heavy guy and Logan.

Best L&O duo over the three series: Brisco & Green followed closely by Benson & Stabler. Honorable mention for Munch & Fin.
    So has anyone been watching Homeland? Only two episodes in, it's showing a lot of potential while still being really good. The overall guessing game of is he/is he not a terrorist is ridiculous because every piece of evidence they give can be interpreted both ways. On top of that, some of this evidence makes you question biases you might not have even known you had.

For the record... I really don't like Uncle Mike. Was so glad when the CIA dude secretly - yet in the open - put him on blast like only a CIA dude could do.

Extended Trailer
    I'd like to watch Homeland, I loved Damien Lewis when he was on Life, but I don't get the channel the shows on anymore. I'll have to acquire it when a few more episodes are out.

I'd like to watch Homeland, I loved Damien Lewis when he was on Life, but I don't get the channel the shows on anymore. I'll have to acquire it when a few more episodes are out.

I did see someone uploaded the pilot on YouTube.
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Terra Nova question
    Watching the second episode now. I thought Terra Nova couldn't communicate with the future people? Because the future time couldn't find that huge signal, which showed them that they're dealing with alternate time streams.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    I watched the pilot for Homeland, got 2nd episode on my DVR. It definitely has potential looking forward to watching it sometime this week, but i had to watch Breaking Bad 1st tho.

Also happy I opened this thread I didn't know Criminal Minds was still releasing new shows. I had been watching reruns all summer and i was absolutely hooked so happy about finding new shows.
    gl hf dd ka.
    Criminal Minds, Wednesdays @ 9!

You can get the seasons on DVD for pretty cheap. I'm not sure how I started watching, but I'm glad I did. Such a good show.
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    It really is. I was doubly excited to see one of the actors from Criminal Minds in Homeland, don't have the name or the time right now to IMDB it but that was cool.
    gl hf dd ka.
    It really is. I was doubly excited to see one of the actors from Criminal Minds in Homeland, don't have the name or the time right now to IMDB it but that was cool.

Mandy Patinkin. He played Gideon.

The girl that played Elle Greenaway is in some new network movie on USA
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Just Another Brotha on SRK Joined: Posts: 3,922
    I just watched the first episode of American Horror Story last night and that was some crazy ass shit!
    The one thing that confused me the most was the maid. She appeared as a one-eyed old woman to everyone else, but to the father she looked young and sexy. What's up with that? Is that maid a succubus? Maybe she really is young, but only appears to be old to women? That neighbor also threatened that she would kill her again? ??? There was also the part with the gimp suit. To me it looked like the father was downstairs when his wife was having sex and he walked in after it was finished. Did she fuck a ghost?

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

Yea AHS is pretty crazy. About your questions...
    I think she did have sex with a ghost or that thing from the basement. Since she's pregnant, I think that's a mystery they'll keep us guessing on for a while, since she definitely had sex with her husband earlier. Same thing with the maid.

The show did a good job of setting up a lot of questions. Let's see where it goes.
    My favorite new series this fall (in no specific order):

Homeland
    Revenge
    American Horror Story
    The New Girl
    Terra Nova
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,286
    The second episode of The New Girl was friggin' funny. That douche Schmidt kinda stole the show overall. I fell the same way IGN feels about him - can't tell whether it's either comedic genius on the actor's and writer's part or it just a happy accident.
    I find the new girl very charming.... a little bit like if a toned down version of Asley burch was to star in her own sitcom... I was a bit confused.. was one of the waynes bros in the pilot?