Television General Discussion

Comments

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,405
    Maybe it'll be an open ended ending in The Vampire Diaries for another season sometime or a movie in the theaters...
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 28
    It seems like it would be an uphill battle for them to get a movie going on in the future... since Ian has been interested in leaving for quite a while now... he probably got tired of being "Damon Salvatore" a long time ago....and Nina Dobrev obviously wanted to leave as well, though most fans are sure she will be back for probably the series finale....I'd bet she probably doesn't want to be Elena or Katherine again. At best, they could probably do another spin-off or "remake" some years later where the show is simply resurrected, like those new versions of 90210 and Melrose Place CW had a few years ago.

I realize a lot of actors are like that, and all serious about their craft---- sheeeeit, I'm about that money. If I was a regular character on a successful show, prime time or otherwise... no way I'm going anywhere. I'd continue being that character as long as they keep paying me.

Anyway, besides the parade of incredibly gorgeous ass on this show---I also loved it for its entertaining and more respectable (as opposed to a certain accursed major movie/book franchise that ruined their image) portrayal of vampires. This show and its spin-off The Originals pretty much gets all the key stuff "right" about these creatures, imo--- they are difficult to kill, they still look human most of the time, they are immortal, and they have other cool powers like "compulsion", certain rules like they cannot enter homes uninvited, etc. (it is surprising and sad that so many shows and movies are getting this shit wrong, or just presenting LAME versions of it)....and there's an awesome origin story for the entire species in there as well. TVD and Originals are the first shows I've started buying by the season-pack on blu-ray lately....actually they are the first shows I've cared enough to actually buy in a long time....last ones I bought were some random old cartoons from my childhood, and I got those years before blu-ray was even a thing (*Inspector Gadget on dvd, Dungeons & Dragons dvd, Transformers, etc.)
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,984
    Ephidel wrote: »
    STAR is an ok show, but it doesn't have that oomf! Empire had during its first season. They should of let him stalk her a few more epds, I dunno where this script is going and that's a warning sign that I won't care about it if it continues like this.

I watched the first episode and while it was alright, it definitely didn't leave me excited for more. It'll probably be one of those shows I come back to if it gets a second season.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,507
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When's Designated Survivor coming back? Also, looking forward to 24: Legacy, though I have to keep my expectations in check. I wonder if it will tie in to Live Another Day?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    24 legacy looks like shit and people are gonna blame the main actor on some this is what happens when you replace a white dude with a black version.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    look like people not into color swapping lol..

training day is getting pooped on hard. it wasn't even bad.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

edited February 4
    Vampire Diaries...on right now...

Goddamn it, man... Cade or "Arcadeus" there...this dude is definitely the new top tier motherfucker. He's immortal and apparently impossible to kill... just showed up in a bar---set this one guy on fire just by apparently thinking it... and he's psychic. He's described as "the devil" on the show but from his origin story...he's not THE devil or "Lucifer" you'd imagine from Judeo-Christian beliefs. If the show was going to continue beyond this season, they could get some mileage out of this, by introducing *other* devils after he is finally defeated.

Caroline got this silly idea for some reason that he could possibly be killed if you give him the vampire cure...doesn't really make sense since that "cure" was designed for vampires....at best it's just a wild assumption that such a thing would work on another supernatural being.

Enzo being foolish---actually considering taking the cure to have a normal life with Bonnie... nig please... sure she's incredibly hot and a good catch...but you're giving up your status as this badass immortal superhuman thing for love? Hell nah, man....no way in the world I'd give up my vamp status and the powers I get out of that.

*ooh, I wonder how Cade would fare then against the new and improved Marcel over in Originals? As of last season, Marcel stepped up big time by taking a swig of THAT JUICE™. He's a god-tier vampire at this point.....well, not Alucard level of course...hardly anyone is on that level but just in the context of the TVD/Originals universe. Marcel and this guy Cade are the top tier shit at the moment....possibly even more overpowered than the Mikaelson family.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,494 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I wonder what this means for it's sport shows.................
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,405
    Didn't we have United Paramount Network?
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,286
    gonna check it out over the weekend.. i skipped over it looks... weird kinda trippy lol also checking out apb.
    It's one of those shows where you have to pay attention. Usually when I'm watching tv, I'm working on designs, writing, etc. I can't do that with this show - too much going on and there's a lot of minute details that you can't miss or overlook.

That being said, I really liked the first episode.

Changing topic, I got hype about that new Castlevania series on Netflix until I found out it was animated. Still might check it, but I thought it was gonna be live action.
    edited February 19

Taken.........the TV Series.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    uh? wasnt he part of a team seems implies this nigga been doin the 1 man army thing forever.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    sheeeit, I was only halfway on board with Legends of Tomorrow, watching an episode or 2 here and there....until lately getting caught up with season 1 on netflix.... holy shit this show stepped it up big time as the season went on.... I'm definitely glad this show made it to a 2nd season now. There's some awesome shit that goes on once it really picks up the pace a few episodes in. I remember noticing in the beginning and on Arrow...this guy they have playing Vandal Savage is absolutely perfect for the part, imo. As usual with the CW, there is some considerable hotness/eye candy-- Hawkgirl is absolutely RIDICULOUS...then there's times when Sarah actually looks alright (she's inconsistent though...also needs more bootymeat) then Vandal's daughter shows up later; she also looks incredible...some PRIME white meat right there :tup: ...then there was that time-traveling assassin broad that showed up that went by the name "The Pilgrim"....a bit on the thin side but still quite nice.

Later on in season 2, I see that Vixen is a regular part of the lineup too... there's been 2 hot actresses playing that character; I'm not even sure which one I prefer. That character's powers are quite interesting... I'd definitely go for a deal like that. The only downside seems to be that I guess she cannot have more than 1 animal power active at a time..? I'd also rather have the power just be a natural element of who I am, as opposed to having to wear a magical talisman for it.
    I'm done w/ the CW DCU shows for now. Usually there's at least one that holds them all together, but the Flash go real stupid w/ Barry being this selfish prick I'm supposed to root for and Arrow just wasn't interesting. LOT... meh, never interested me.
    CTG wrote: »
    I'm done w/ the CW DCU shows for now. Usually there's at least one that holds them all together, but the Flash go real stupid w/ Barry being this selfish prick I'm supposed to root for and Arrow just wasn't interesting. LOT... meh, never interested me.

how is flash selfish?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    At the beginning of this season (which made me stop watching), he was being told OVER AND OVER not to mess with time, that he's messing up everyone else's lives and he kept doing it. He was completely unlikeable and didn't care to watch anymore. I'm sure at some point he redeemed himself, but they lost me with that. It was just a dumb arc altogether.
    edited February 20
    I still watch Flash regularly, but this season 3 simply isn't as interesting as 1 and 2 were. The only real point of interest for me is seeing my honeydip Caitlin dealing with the situation of her powers and trying to avoid a destiny of being an evil person. This week should be interesting though with Grodd finally showing up again.

*I've finished season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow just now... goddamn what a "thrill ride", man... :wow: :clap: I think it's proving that superhero/comic book stuff is probably better suited to the television-show format as opposed to feature-length movies...characters can be more easily developed since you have several episodes and seasons to work with the material....and those moments of "major revelation!" and betrayals can be that much more epic. The stuff that's out there now with Flash (at least the first 2 seasons) and Legends...it's been more entertaining to me than MOST big-budget superhero movies of the past several years. Movies are just so limited in terms of the time, now that I think about it... you're looking at maybe 1.5 or 2 hours of running time...(*3 hours+ gets you into Peter Jackson territory, and I doubt anyone wants that anymore; I certainly don't.) Translate that to tv time and that's only 2 or 3 episodes....that obviously isn't enough time to develop situations and characters to any level of satisfaction.

I'll need to keep tabs on the actress who was Hawkgirl in season 1 there... she's way too gorgeous to NOT be consistently on my television screen :sweat:

*Almost forgot---VAMPIRE DIARIES!
    -It's still disappointing me how this series is wrapping up here... I'm surprised with who returned in last week's and the most recent episode though... I'm also hoping 1 or more of the Mikaelsons appear and get involved at least for the grand finale....it might be a fitting end for at least Elijah (the first of the "Original family" that showed up) to appear.

-annnnd I'm betting at least 1 character will die permanently for shock value, of course.... my money would probably be on Caroline.
    At the beginning of this season (which made me stop watching), he was being told OVER AND OVER not to mess with time, that he's messing up everyone else's lives and he kept doing it. He was completely unlikeable and didn't care to watch anymore. I'm sure at some point he redeemed himself, but they lost me with that. It was just a dumb arc altogether.

you gotta chalk that up to be a young dude. hes a young hero who makes mistakes. but ya def dont watch if that plot bothers you..lol...time fuckery gets worse.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited March 1
    Episode 1 of Riverdale and GODDAMN the hotness :wow: CW delivers once again... they never let me down, man. First shot of Betty...she just has a pink bra and titties are looking absolutely ridiculous. Veronica just showed up too... she was always superior to Betty, imo...at least in looks.

It's still quite odd that they produced a show like this using the silly ass Archie characters.

*haha Archie just zoned out on whatever Betty was talking about because Veronica just walked into the restaurant. Game's over, Betty...dismissed. GREATNESS has entered the room.

*BONUS - there's a redhead girl on the show too... she isn't as hot as Veronica though. So far Veronica is the absolute CHAMP on the show. From the credits I notice Marisol Nichols is in this show too... it just keeps getting better, folks. :clap: Yeahhhh they got me reeled in with this already....might even warrant a blu-ray purchase later once that's available. I need to get caught up on this asap.

*heh, Archie's bangin' the music teacher (also hot of course; it's CW... no ugly women allowed) apparently....

YESSSSS and we have a lesbo kiss between Betty and Veronica! :woot: They hit us with this on the first episode, folks.
    ^ Fantastic news!! Saw Dave when he came over to London..
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,507
    Observe The Perfection

Lawd have mercy :sweat:
    dn3000 wrote: »

Naaaani!?!? When was he in London?

https://www.list.co.uk/article/84170-david-chappelle-announces-uk-dates/

I went to the Sept 9th one.
    giphy.gif
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 32,980
    Kill Shovel Knight, get Reboot.

Seems legit. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega

Naaaani!?!? When was he in London?

https://www.list.co.uk/article/84170-david-chappelle-announces-uk-dates/

I went to the Sept 9th one.
    giphy.gif

I'm having déjà vu, I've asked you this before

we got a ducktales thread. also hyped

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    VAMPIRE DIARIES-- series finale on NOW!

It's been one of my favorite series of all time, folks... such a great 8 years on this one. They're starting off with some kind of behind-the-scenes backstory stuff on the show.

It would be great if there was 2 hours on the finale but I think they just have the regular 1 hour episode whenever it actually starts. I will miss the hell out of this show... I already have 2 or 3 seasons on blu-ray now.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 1,713
    Samurai Jack...
    ...coming back.
    TODAY

random hiatus comic strip for lulz.
    12362975_1679794722258913_4152756554100260173_o.jpg?noredir=1

12370796_1679794758925576_7483737573432688620_o.png

11062158_1679794762258909_3309019043621659398_o.png

12232744_1679794752258910_2173492186465908866_o.png

12339641_1679794718925580_752976278773251222_o.jpg
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,469
    Started watching killjoys... there was to much feminist stuff to make it through two episodes though.

Sucks, seemed legit interesting but there's only so much big guys getting beat up by small women shit I can take.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited March 12
    Dime_x wrote: »
    Started watching killjoys... there was to much feminist stuff to make it through two episodes though.

Sucks, seemed legit interesting but there's only so much big guys getting beat up by small women shit I can take.
    heh, that reminded me of the silliness in the recent CW Beauty & the Beast show... Kristin Kreuk played the main character, and she was a police officer...there's numerous scenes of her kicking ass like she's a superhero...when we know she's tiny... the girl probably weighs around 110 lbs. at the most....and we're supposed to believe she's clearing entire rooms of bad guys like a Batman character :lol: I only ever watched that show because her and the best friend/partner were hot (*though best friend/partner was a bit inconsistent...sometimes she looked odd)...her little sister on the show was cute too.

*RIVERDALE-- I'm checking another episode out now... #4... the ladies on this show are RIDICULOUS. No other show can fuck with it on that front...not even close. The redhead is looking better in episode 4; in fact she looks even better than Betty at the moment....and Veronica, played by my The New Queen, Camila Mendes... that girl is out of this world. I hope she stays famous forever.
    Post edited by Million on
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,469
    Yeah I'm definitley checking out that riverdale/Archie and the Jugheads things out. The chicks are hot so that's cool.

Also loving 12 monkeys th series. Amanda Schull from center stage is some poon tha I've been crushing on for near 2 decades. Nice to see her in her late 30's around my age and still sexy as hell.

Plus it's a good show.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    I'm enjoying the Lethal Weapon show way more than I ever anticipated.
    I'm enjoying the Lethal Weapon show way more than I ever anticipated.

same..which means it has 5 episodes til cancellation

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • jennjenn Joined: Posts: 15
    Anybody watching Taboo starring Tom Hardy? I would recommend it if you aren't watching already :tup:

When something is recommended..well then it must be good. Searching as we speak, thanks for the recommendation :)

Glad to see Legion get renewed...........all sorts of WTF in this show.

Looking forward to American Gods too.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Cant wait for AGs too... looks like a great cast.
    That last Designated Survivor though...

Pleasantly surprised with the new crop of shows this season.
    THE ORIGINALS is back right now! Hell yeah
    Oh shit...

American Gods episode 1 is out. So i'm liking it!
    American Gods episode 1 is out. So i'm liking it!

audio book:

edited May 7
    Bizarre that this thread is so...barren...? No one talks tv around here anymore? I think it may just be we all like different stuff, perhaps...

Anyway, I was watching more of Bitten via Netflix a while ago.. the wolves on here aren't as awesome so far as in the world of the CW shows, but at least it's something to get my supernatural "fix" sated...along with the bonus of the lovely Laura Vandervoort (heh, has this girl ever played a normal human character?). This one episode I was just watching showed off her gorgeous naked ass once again, as she transformed back to human after saving her boyfriend's life...I think this is episode 11 or so.. that must be quite the shocker, to go from thinking your girl is cheating on ya with this mysterious dude she previously lied about being a "cousin"... to thinking her family is being threatened by some mafia guys...to realizing she's a werewolf.

Anyway, back on how they measure up to others--- the CW werewolves would tear these guys up, no problem...and I'm talking about baseline version *without* moonlight rings (in CW land, they can get a moonlight ring that gives them full control over the transformation).....but I still like the show since it is another supernatural thing to watch.

One troubling thing about this show though... they seem to use pure cgi for the wolves every damn time... and it's not quite good enough to look like something that is truly there in the scene, y'know? I think most people criticize to the extreme, often saying something is either amazing or it's trash... I think this is just...not a good or convincing visual...but at the same time it's not the worst I've seen in recent years; it would be nice if they chose to use some practical effects or even a real wolf in certain isolated scenes...I am not sure how much more expensive that is in terms of production values though, so maybe cost is the issue there. Whatever the case, I'm still enjoying this show despite these few annoyances here and there.
    Last week's episode of Billions was dope as fuck, never been so entertained by people watching the stock market before. Looking forward to tonights, everybody is going to be saying FUUUUUUUUU!!
    I forgot all about this show. Stopped watching after (I think) S3. It wasn't so much that it wasn't entertaining, but the seasons were too long. Everything was so drawn out. If OUAT had 13 episode seasons instead of 22-23, I'd probably still be watching it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-jennifer-morrison-is-as-done-with-once-upon-a-time-1795011725