Television General Discussion

Comments

• The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
    edited August 2015
    I saw the pilot for Minority Report, fairly good but will probably end up as a murder of the week type affair. SRK won't be disappointed by the lack of booty shots.

Lucifer was surprisingly entertaining, I really wasn't expecting much from the show. The chemistry between the two main leads is great, I laughed quite a bit throughout. The CGI is terrible like Amenadiel flexes his wings and threatens Lucifer, shit like that really should be done through practical effects. If they can keep up the comedy and chemistry between the leads I think Fox are onto a winner.

Anybody watching Rectify??
    Post edited by The Furious One on
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    THE STRAIN So---apparently Vaun was initially going to play out Quinlan's role in the story, but they had a change of plans and thats why V and his crew of SWAT Vamps was unceremoniously killed off? I forgot where I read that but it was online recently...maybe it's just a rumor but that's an odd thing to me...

This most recent episode was actually great for a change. We get 2 more scenes of Quinlan, with the first being the intro that also shows off he can apparently walk around in daylight with no problem?! The design also kicks ass. The other scene is him having a little chat with "the Ancient Ones".

In terms of TnA---sadly, my french honey CoCo was not on this one....but that fine ass little Indian girl from the restaurant was on with more scenes involving her and Miguel and the older guy that was "Angel de la Plata". Then, we see Eph over in D.C. get to hook up with this niiiice looking blonde MILF. A certain someone knows the gameplan though, and this situation in D.C. generally doesn't end well.

This episode also shows Master's "wonderous transformation" that Eichorst was excited about...
    this was a great scene here. Master, perhaps unsurprisingly at this point, selects Bolivar to be his new body. Eichorst was suprised and distraught of course...but he's still down for the team. Master re-assured him, saying that he was considered to be his most "special son".... basically, he's so crucial at being the right-hand man that he is a much more appropriate choice in that role [above any other candidate] as opposed to just being another "vessel". At least, that's how I would understand the meaning of the situation there.

Thennnn there's the situation with "Mommy" and her pack of "Feelers" finally closing and chasing Eph's kid while he was out with Nora! Hell yeah, man. The scene with Master was the most interesting of the night though for me.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,778
    edited August 2015
    Anybody catch Blunt Talk?
    Never did I think I'd see Jean Luc Picard sucking on the titties of a trannie, beating up policemen and doing various drugs at work.
    Post edited by The Furious One on
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,843
    Military Finals for ANW...1 Finisher. Why so cruel ANW?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    Ray Donovan has been pretty damn good, the shit John Voight does and says in this show is amazing lol, especially his jokes to Bunchy's SNAP support group.
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
    THE STRAIN A review and comments on the most recent episode http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/strain-identity-223909

heh, funny stuff...especially in the comments section as with most sites...
    .. wrote:
    This show has gone batty.

The storyline of "Gus is trained as a daywalker human commando to fight for the Ancients" was, in like 1.5 episodes, transformed into "Gus hangs around an Indian restaurant 24 hours a day eyeballing a cute girl and having screaming fights with the dishwasher about whether or not said dishwasher was in an old movie." I tried to sum this up for someone and they thought I was kidding.

hahaha....yeah... I can't really argue with this, actually. Way too much time was wasted with "Angel de la Plata" and Gus sitting around in the restaurant checking out that fine ass indian girl. (at least this puts her on my tv screen, so there's that) Oddly enough, I still enjoy this show.
  • ShikuyoShikuyo Joined: Posts: 41
    I am addicted to big brother..it's so good.
  • hanzohattori1hanzohattori1 Dust to Dust, Amen Joined: Posts: 942
    All I know about the strain is that Nora has cheeks.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    getting hype for Agents Of SHIELD season 3. secret warriors then... INHUMANS!!! *faints*

oh, and this:
    chloe-bennett-2-600x800-145754.jpg
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • hubcapsignstophubcapsignstop my structure is so dirty Joined: Posts: 1,443
    Nathan For You is best
    megaprops to toyrobotterror for avatar gullysh*t
    edited August 2015
    Wellll if Ms. Chloe Bennet there is indeed a regular--- that show just picked up a new fan.
    https://instagram.com/chloebennet4/?hl=en ... delicious.

I'm up to episode 22 of Vampire Diaries, season 1 now in my "re-watch" marathon of this one... there was sooo much going on here that I forgot about--- I completely forgot about the character "John Gilbert"---played by the guy that was an immortal on Heroes season 1 if I recall... the blonde guy with the perpetual "smug bastard" look on his face all the time....that incredibly punch-able face... does a great job at playing characters you want to see get beat up and/or killed. Anyway, he was "Uncle John" but turned out to be Elena's biological dad from back in the day; an entire story thread I forgot about. This was the son of a bitch responsible for killing "Pearl" (Kelly Hu).

"Isobel" also shows up---Elena's real mom---the woman playing this part is HOT as hell, holy shit....but then again that shouldn't be a surprise. I'm not sure there has ever been an ugly woman on this show at any point. I should be getting to the ending point of season 1 here soon... I didn't realize the season was actually this long... this has definitely been a show worth watching at least a 2nd time through, and I will most likely get the blu-rays at some point too. It has all kinds of supernatural "creatures of the night" and things going on, along with an endless parade of unbelievably hot ass broads...and plenty of shock value moments....and surprising levels of violence.... you can't go wrong with this combo.
    Chloe Bennet has been a regular...since Episode 1. Where you been at Million? She's the main character of the entire show, even over Coulson for the most part. It just took until Season 2 to actually give her good writing.
    Yeah, somehow the show didn't catch my attention...others I know have been trying to talk up this show for quite some time.
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,030
    I somewhat recall only really watching one episode of Almost Human:

• hubcapsignstophubcapsignstop my structure is so dirty Joined: Posts: 1,443
    edited August 2015
    For the record, I think Gina Carano will eventually become an action mega superstar
    (hopefully getting in them acting lessons)
    megaprops to toyrobotterror for avatar gullysh*t
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Million wrote: »
    Yeah, somehow the show didn't catch my attention...others I know have been trying to talk up this show for quite some time.

it was a bit of a slow start in terms of any tv series. AoS mainly benefits from its ties to the MCU and fan support of the platform as a whole.

that, and chloe bennet is one tasty dish you should be seeing quite a lot on your small and big screens.
    For the record, I think Gina Carano will eventually become an action mega superstar
    (hopefully getting in them acting lessons)

she still has to nail down some meaty roles in the right films. rousey has been on a tear lately with good roles in some of the biggest movies since last year.

i hope deadpool next year will be her breakout movie.

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2015
    Good roles? She get a non speaking part in Furious 7 and got a role on a bloated straight to DVD quality action movie. Only quality spot she got was for Entourage.

Both are stale as fuck.
    tataa8P wrote: »

it was a bit of a slow start in terms of any tv series. AoS mainly benefits from its ties to the MCU and fan support of the platform as a whole.

that, and chloe bennet is one tasty dish you should be seeing quite a lot on your small and big screens.

It wasn't a slow start it was an outright terrible start.

But then Winter Soldier happened which flipped everything on its head. And Season 2 was just straight quality even without the MCU ties (I'd even argue that the MCU ties held back the season more than anything short of anytime Sif came around).
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,983
    edited September 2015
    Saitsu wrote: »
    tataa8P wrote: »

It wasn't a slow start it was an outright terrible start.

But then Winter Soldier happened which flipped everything on its head. And Season 2 was just straight quality even without the MCU ties (I'd even argue that the MCU ties held back the season more than anything short of anytime Sif came around).

I remember didn't give two shits about AoS after the pilot, I went right back to watching Arrow's 2nd season. But at some point I started hearing about how the show was getting better around the season 1's latter half.

*Checks Wikipedia* Yep, it was S01E13: ”T.R.A.C.K.S."

That's when things started getting interesting, and some actual questions (and answers) were coming up. That was about 2 or 3 episodes before the big Winter Soldier twist happened.

Now I'm a big fan of the show, not more than the Flash though. But I'm a biased fan of the Scarlet Speedster, so that's not sayin' much...
    Post edited by BigDewey on
    Ah, it's looking like I can just skip the first batch of episodes on Agents of Shield then, as I was already suspecting.

THE STRAIN--ok---this latest episode "The Born", man... this was awesome. It appears that Quinlan has swooped in to save the day on this 2nd season...this might be the shot in the arm that was needed.

Stupid moment of last week though--a hitman sent by Stone Heart was taken out by Eph....and this fool had the Stoneheart logo as the screen saver on his phone...this is how Eph's suspicion was confirmed that the guy was sent by them. What kind of "secret operative" for dirty work would really be that sloppy? Dude has the damn company logo on his phone as a screen-saver....paying NO attention to any kind of secrecy there....

Anyway--this latest episode though...I think they've redeemed themselves a bit with what went on here. Quinlan finally was shown to indeed be THE SHIT™...the episode starts off with an interesting flashback about him back in the days of the Roman empire; he competed as a fan favorite unstoppable gladiator back in those days. (*heh, this reminds me that gladiator combat, live in arenas....this is something that should be brought back. The Romans knew what live entertainment was all about. Hell yeah I'd have season tickets to such a thing...front row if possible.)

*Palmer is SO in there with the lovely french model hotness Coco.

*There is also a confrontation in the mix where Qinlan and "The Master" finally meet!
    Next week appears to have something interesting involving "Mommy Vamp" Kelly....apparently getting the makeover by Eichorst to appear human again.
    A bit of info for the new season of The Originals - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/27/originals-season-3-first-look-klaus-lucien

-This also reminds me that I really, really hate that my honey Claire Holt is no longer "Rebekah". That girl was a clear example of some seriously PRIME white meat...and with the lovely magical accent (Aussie). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claire_Holt <-delicious.

Back on the topic of the show here--- I'm wondering if they will eventually kill any of these "progeny" at some point. There is a problematic thing about the way they wrote the vampire lore in this and The Vampire Diaries in the later seasons of TVD..... killing a vamp also destroys any younger ones he or she "sired"....that's an annoying thing because it removes the prospect of certain characters being killed---basically whoever wrote it that way kind of wrote themselves into a corner with that. If they were to kill all of these "original 3 progeny", it would eliminate 99% of the vampire species, leaving only the Mikaelson siblings themselves and anyone else they sired personally in later years. (e.g.--Marcel; sired by Niklaus at some point before the Civil War times)

Of course as with any supernatural stuff there's ways to write around it.... some witch/warlock spell that removes the "link" from everyone, or just those 3, and there ya go.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,078
    Narcos released today on Netflix and has decent reviews so far. Any interest around here in this one?
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    Hannibal finale was last night :'(
    It was a great end to the series, very neatly wrapped up (expect the after credit ending which felt a little shoehorned)
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^ what the FUCC was the post credit scene..what nigga..hannibal is alive or some shit lol :open_mouth: ??
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

edited August 2015
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    ^ what the FUCC was the post credit scene..what nigga..hannibal is alive or some shit lol :open_mouth: ??
    The scene shows Gillian Anderson's character seated at the dinner table with this sedated look of shock, her breathing seems hastened as she looks down to see this honey glazed long piece of meat which you quickly realize is a leg. It then pans down her and we realize it's her leg.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2015
    yeah I get that part but HOW?

thats why I asked if hannibal survived or not lol
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Dat Dark Matter finale. Not too surprising of a plot twist when you consider that Six was trying to keep the little girl out of trouble the entire time.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Dat Dark Matter finale. Not too surprising of a plot twist when you consider that Six was trying to keep the little girl out of trouble the entire time.

lol this shit became naruto in space. even has orochimaru out there needing sauske.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited August 2015
    I mean Six, One, and Five are the only decent members of the crew. Four is often too pragmatic for his own good. Guess you can chalk that up to the shit he had to deal with or he's just fitting in. Two and Three seem crazy right out of the box. However, Three seems to have changed the most after the mind wipe.

The writer for Killjoys said they haven't decided if both shows occupy the same universe or not.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

The writer for Killjoys said they haven't decided if both shows occupy the same universe or not.

they should, they feel very similar but also different. it would be different.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    First night of Stage 1 in ANW...teaching you that Commentator's Curse exists EVERYWHERE.
    THE STRAIN...

Stupid Eph moment-- so he comes clean with Nora about what happened in D.C..... but he tells her about the woman that died in his arms. She ASSUMED that he was cheating (even though they don't appear to be officially hooked up...just fuck buddies... but whatever) and he just kinda let her assume that... why not lie about this? She doesn't have to know that little detail....just say "..and the hitman killed my friend and his pharmaceutical associate.." and there ya go.

Meanwhile, Mama Vamp Kelly gets to look like her fine ass old self again, thanks to Eichorst's makeover.
    *Eichorst also pulls off some Matrix Agent moves and gets away later on in the episode.

*BONUS --- Coco is shown in an unbuttoned shirt and panties in this episode. Yesssssss :o
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,983
    I mean Six, One, and Five are the only decent members of the crew. Four is often too pragmatic for his own good. Guess you can chalk that up to the shit he had to deal with or he's just fitting in. Two and Three seem crazy right out of the box. However, Three seems to have changed the most after the mind wipe.

Haven't seen Dark Matter, but caught-up on most of Killjoys. Pretty decent-to-good I'd say, loved the episode with the sex/fight-scene especially. Shit was crucial, also helps to be a fan of the Ashmore twins (something cool/laid-back about those two).
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    Anyone here watch The Americans? Starting watching this recently and I think it's pretty good.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman