Comments

• GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    yeah with the right timing, the round can be over after the first knock down.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132
    yeah with the right timing, the round can be over after the first knock down.

gummo making top players rage quit.
  • FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    im getting back on. had my 360 (along with everything else) jacked. been catching back up in skyrim and saints, but I'll re-download this today.

DiegoElFuego. Obviously I havent played, but it seems like a different game from a month ago from what I hear. we'll see.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 802
    Okay guys, I'm down for friendlies in BOTH:

Regular Avatar Fighter Online matches with no unblockable gayness.
    Or SERIOUS TOURNAMENT MODE BALLS OUT FIRST KNOCKDOWN WINS UNBLOCKABLE FIREBALL INFINITES ALL DAY

YOU THOUGHT MVC2 WAS UNFORGIVING? AFO IS A MAN'S GAME.

Anyway, Gamertag is Dragoomba.
  • LoshaLosha Super fast! Joined: Posts: 593
    well, today I learn I was a champion douchebag in this game, WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT. Man I'm good.
    I used wakeup orbs ALL DAY. AGGG I feel horrible XD
    Nothing clever to say.
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132
    Jimmy is the best.
  • INCIDENTINCIDENT ACTION BASTARD! Joined: Posts: 335
    YOU THOUGHT MVC2 WAS UNFORGIVING? AFO IS A MAN'S GAME.
    This game needs to be at EVO.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    Just bought and downloaded this today and I must say that I was skeptical at first after watching the video that was on the front page advertising it a few weeks back but after caving in at a friends request, I'm quite pleased with the presentation thus far for a indie game. Sure, I wished the game moved at 60 FPS and that the controls weren't as stiff as they are (this is just me though as I don't know how the game feels to everyone else) but regardless of the that, I'm liking what I'm playing. Mad props to Bwoot Games.

If anyone is on at times, look me up:

IGN: Mikuru Atlasia
    Moveset: Fireball / Dive Kick / Meteor
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
    Alright the unblockable stuff is redic.

I figured out those jumpkicks in 1.0 were unblockable, and at first in 1.1 I thought I just couldnt block fireballs on wakeup, because I'm on a brand bew 360 dpad(which is horrible) but it was wake-up unblockables.

I was playing someone doing this quite a bit, until I figured it out, then I started doing it with Ryan. It turned into whoever got the first knockdown won, unless someone messed up and whiffed a FB on wake-up. They were still fierce good matches but I dont imagine thats how the game is supposed to be. LOL.

Anyway I play Bill, Ryan, and Orbs/Meteor/Stomp with Sid style.

mrbrain, I would love mp3s of the fightsongs
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    Well, got a few matches in today but after playing Stryfeno1 all day, I refuse to play anyone with the Dual Orb super until the unblockable fireball patch takes effect. Getting hit with Ninja Star to Dual Orbs and then combo into Rising Headbutt and finally rinse & repeat all day isn't fun for me at all and especially when it's a corner trap. I mean, it's cool that Super Fireball can go through Dual Orbs but as soon as someone gets in, there she blows.

To be honest, I wished one of the female characters had a stance like Leona from KOF. It would look perfect for my ava. lol

Just need Leona-type hairstyle to go with the Hard Corps: Rising outfit. lol
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
    Shao Kahn vs. RoboCop

No other fighter can ever have a match up like that. (No, MUGEN doesn't count)
    Shao Kahn vs. RoboCop

No other fighter can ever have a match up like that. (No, MUGEN doesn't count)

My friend Zevak prides himself as the best Shao Kahn in AFO, did you happen to run into him on XBL? lololol
  • HogoshaHogosha SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GEMS. Joined: Posts: 1,217
    My friend Zevak prides himself as the best Shao Kahn in AFO, did you happen to run into him on XBL? lololol
    I did. Guy is a beast.
    Yes. He was the first good player I fought online. Yeah, I got wreaked hard like RoboCop's first encounter with ED-209. Good fights. Cool guy.
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985
    Man, I never get any matches when I try to play online?

Bad times I guess?
  • ZevakZevak Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. I decided to make an account on SRK because there's finally a thread on this site for a manly fighting game. I wholeheartedly agree that this game needs to be taken to EVO. Once I bought it, I did not expect it to be the best fighting game in existence, but I guess that's just how these things work. I only have a few gripes with it, and those are mainly things that are going to be patched out. I'm looking at you, projectile unblockables and pad-monster infinite charge glitch.

The only other thing I have a real problem with, is how floaty the jumps are when combined with how quickly projectiles recover. If you want to punish a fireball, you better have brought your dive kick/invincibility/orb shield with you! Otherwise, unless you can utilize Cindy's rolling kick while close or perhaps Mike's dash punch to punish a second fireball before it comes out, you're eating something that starts with invincibility frames and ends with flames even if you jump as soon as say Ryan throws a fireball.

The whole jump floatiness gripe is just that though, a gripe, there are obviously ways around it, and it's really fun finding ways to do so(BULLDOGGING IS BEST). I even find fun with the unblockable projectiles glitch when both people know about it, it turns into a game of MVC2, don't get hit. I almost suggest that these lobbies that you are talking about have a version select tab, so we can relive such things as the projectile unblockables and Alex's neutral jump kick(was unblockable in 1.0)

Wall of text over for now. We need to get some games in sometime, I need to get acquainted with this new controller.

PS: Holy hell, I just managed to pull off a combo concept I've had for a while in the corner, got a 65.8%, 23 hit combo off. My most damaging so far... with Rising Uppercut/Tackle/Ground Stomp/Mike. What's your max combos so far?
    I did a LOT of matches against Mr.Janks91, there was some unblockable stuff going on, but it wasnt too crazy

Anyway, I think the shoulder and orbs should stay as it is, and I have one thing that I think would benefit the game, and thats air chains, just a simple L>H, as the non-link chains are on ground.

The main reason the orbs should stay as is, is because the headbutt is already good at getting through them.

And enjoy this near hour of matches online between me and Janks, theres some good shit in there IMO.

(In the order they happened)
    1st

2nd

3rd

Last

edit:
    I got 2 combos coming, Also I realized something; your avatars hitboxes depend on their size. I have mine as short as she can be, because of looks, so the attacks are at disadvantage. I messed around and made her huge, and tons more stuff connected and timing became less strict on most of my combos. I will still keep her small though because it looks better.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
  • mrbrianmrbrian Joined: Posts: 81
    Hey everyone! V1.2 has finally been released!
    Let's all go find out what's new and broken :) The D-pad infinite charge is going to be fixed next patch.
    I'm gonna be online tonight doing tests, gt: Mr Brian
    YOOOO SOOO HYPE. Me and my friend were about to do some casuals and we see it got updated. I'm seriously MORE hyped for this than I was for AE's release on XBL.
    Hey everyone! V1.2 has finally been released!
    Let's all go find out what's new and broken :) The D-pad infinite charge is going to be fixed next patch.
    I'm gonna be online tonight doing tests, gt: Mr Brian
    Awwwww poop I wish I saw this last night. I spent all night playing Clash of Heroes instead of doing my civic duty of getting smacked around.

Who would be in for a double-elim online tournament next Saturday night? For fun and bragging rights, obviously, so your only entry fee is your pride. :)
    Played with it today. Orbs and shoulder nerf is suck.

First opponent was that Japanese dude with the dinosaur. LOL.

It went back and forth, with him with the edge. They were also the first matches that I felt lag in. Against Stryfen and Janks everything felt as well as offline, but hit confirms, punishes, and combos were very off(guess the distance) as I got used to it, I was doing much better. I like his fighting style, he still rolled with the shoulder, and was very effective with it, but of course the nerf meant no long combos.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Barkley Fightan Dev Joined: Posts: 630
    Been messing around and found some weird glitch. Using Headbutt xx Combo Maker will sometimes cause me to slide to the other side of an opponent. Could TK A.Fireball become easier to perform, I mainly get a whiffed kick when I try to combo with it. I've been able to juggle HP several times with Dash xx LP xx HP then Super Canceling. Combo Maker, Invincible, Pounce Ground Stomp, and Meteor Super work well with keeping the juggle going for big damage. Been able to get 85%.

EDIT: Flying Kick whiffs on HP Juggles. Maybe Im timing it wrong?
    Insta-air fireballs don't feel any more difficult to me than they should. Huge part of my gameplan, too.

LOVE THIS GAME. <3 And I repeat, I'd like to get a casual tourney going Saturday night. Show off some new tech if ya got it.
    Ima play around in the lab some more to get around it. Im up for a tourney. GT: RoshieTheMecha
    Why did my 360 have to die during the holidays? :sad:
    Well been in the lab with that new move "Rising Kicks". Learned it can be performed in the air and could be cancelled from any air normal. It pretty much solves air combos since it whiffs the first few kicks after performed after HK and hits during the last. Rolling Kick after brings it above or close to 20%. Paired with Ground Stomp you could follow up with HP and RsK. To keep it goin Rollin Kick twice (LK, HK) and it'll be close to 39%. Overall RsK drop juggles and has tons of combo setups. Also found out that Ground Stomp works even if the person is starting to standup.
    Damage on some moves doesn't change, LK Rolling Kick and HK have the same damage for an example.
    EDIT: TK RsK (Rising Kicks) causes a pseudo - super jump, great for escaping pressure and projectiles.
    Man, now I can't do my combo maker ROM uppercut loops with the divekick startup nerf. :<
    FaceMeAndBeBroken > me. :( I need to work on my TK Air Fireballs online. Crazy how good Cyndi is. I never played as her before tonight and I think I won more games with her all night than with all other characters combined...keep in mind, that's like 7 games out of 50, but hey. :P
  • GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    So is there going to be an online tourney this saturday? I'm down
    @Dragoomba
    You could try Rising Kicks since its pretty much dive kick before the nerf and it pops up the opponent for more combo potential.

Ive been praticing corner-to-corner combos on single player hard. Need more options in pratice so I can pratice air hitconfirms with rising kicks.
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    I'm down to play sets with people in this game anytime feel free to send an invite.

Kinda sad that post-patch this is no longer the manliest fighting game ever, but it's still fun. I'm still undefeated so come show me how this game is played.

EDIT: whoops

GT: UNIBARAKOBOMBER
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
    Is it me or does no one play online? Haven't got but one match online.
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    ^^ Definitely not just you. I can be in training for an hour, leaving to check for XBL matches every 5-10 minutes and not get a match all night. There really needs to be a matching service while in training mode.

About a week ago when I started playing, I seemed to be finding matches easier, but I havent played online at all in a few days.
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
    RSVP'd! Waiting to see dem combos!
    RSVP'd! Waiting to see dem combos!
    Don't forget to post with your Gamertag in there. I might know it, but others don't. Also, I'm an old man and my old-man-memory is going, so it helps having it all in the one thread. :P
    GT: RoshieTheMecha

Forgot to put it in my RSVP
  • mrbrianmrbrian Joined: Posts: 81

Haha a tourney! How awesome :) Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend, so I'm gonna miss out. :/
    Here's something you can try though, go to options: press LB + RB, then BACK + X + Y.. then you can create a lobby match. Not sure how good it runs, tried a few times, and it seems ok although sometimes it will drop people.
    trying this when im back from school
    GGs the other day Hogosha.

Really want to fight Stryfeno without rinse repeat unblockable. Might have to work before the tourney is over, but i my enter it, small amount of entrants should be over soon.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play