cvs2 team formation: discussion/suggestions, etc

Comments

• vasAZNion13vasAZNion13 Thank you Gene. Joined: Posts: 2,368
    Jinjifra wrote:
    S groove doesn't do more than K, go into training mode and check it out.

iirc, it's S-groove supers(in red/max bar?) that does more than raged super.

normals aren't included.
    SSBB friend code: 2449-4333-1879
  • boxbox Joined: Posts: 1,611
    Jinjifra wrote:
    S groove doesn't do more than K, go into training mode and check it out.

I think it's cause you're keeping the supers at infinite.

Turn off infinite supers and try it out.
  • DentronDentron THUG LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,300
    S-Groove

Meter Length: 100 units
    Guard Bar Length: 48 units
    Damage Bonuses: Full Meter: 115%
    Red Life: 5%
    Full Meter Duration: 166 units on the timer (996/60 secs)

K-Groove

Meter Length: 72 units
    Guard Bar Length: 43 units
    Damage Bonuses: Full Bar - Normal attacks : 135%
    Special attacks : 130%
    Super attacks : 110%
    Full Meter Duration: 180 units on the timer (1080/60 secs)
    (random note:) Just Defending gives you 6 units of meter and 100 units of life.

-butkooth systems fack
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    whoops sorry about that, I haven't been playing much I started college last year, I still read the forums every now and then. So anything I say could very easily be wrong.
    Dentron wrote:
    S-Groove

Meter Length: 100 units
    Guard Bar Length: 48 units
    Damage Bonuses: Full Meter: 115%
    Red Life: 5%
    Full Meter Duration: 166 units on the timer (996/60 secs)

so S-groove normals get the same damage bonus as supers?

(the)geese: please stop.
  • Hail And KillHail And Kill Who is Gene Wong? Joined: Posts: 3,264
    Yeah allen, they do. IIRC i was in training mode and i noticed it does a lot more damage when in desperation mode. i think.
  • HellionHellion .5 Beat Combat Joined: Posts: 888
    S and N can net more damage than K but that's character specific.
    "No one quits SRK. NO ONE" -wepeel
    P-Kyo(2), Guile, Cammy
    ST-Guile
    Hellion wrote:
    S and N can net more damage than K but that's character specific.

huh?
  • UCRJesseUCRJesse Joined: Posts: 1,109
    Leezy wrote:
    Dent -- You can punish Sak's rh with Cammy's...but it's really hard. I've only seen it when you're pixels away from her full extension rh, and then you hit her with Cammy's rh...it looks like Cammy hit's Sakura's knee with hers. You can trade at full extension, but I've never seen it hit clean from that far...and last I checked, anytime Cammy goes foot to foot with Sak (i.e. rh on dive kick) it either trades or Cammy just gets owned. It's easier to punish with standing forward...'cause it's faster and will recover in case you whiff. If you're really good with reacting, you can run after it and low forward, but I can't do that consistently.

Actually, i'll have to think about this next time i play but i'm pretty sure s.rh can be counterpoked with s. rh without too much worry... I can't remember 100 percent what button i use to poke it but my main gameplan in cammy vs. sak (this may be totally wrong cause i usually play off feeling not ideas) is to stay outside of saks rh range, counterpoke her stand rh with mine, keep her out with low forward and s. rh, and cannon spike any time she tries to get bizay
    <Viscant> the most shameful feeling in the morning
    <Viscant> waking up with a condom on and realizing...you didn't actually need it
    or rush her ass down like you did in that vid of u vs me, that seems like a good plan cause my reactions blow ass so even if i could predict ur dive kicks i always did rc hurricane too early.
    hey . im in a pickle. ive been playing 3s and now im just getting into CVS2. just wondering what groove i should use for these teams:

1. Cammy, kyosuke, terry.
    2. Cammy, king, kyo.
    3. honda, terry, king.
    and
    4. cammy, honda, terry

as of right now im using C-groove. any suggestions. or should i try a new team
    all are pretty good c groove teams. for number 2 id probably go k groove but i dont know shit about king but cammy and kyo are tight in k. 4 is c groove all the way. put honda first for battery and although cammy is a better all around character you can put terry in the anchor spot as well
    how about A Honda/Sakura/Blanka 2?
    For C i was thinking of Honda/Ken/Sagat
    K...same old Blanka/Geese/Sagat lol.
    Dentron wrote:
    all are pretty good c groove teams. for number 2 id probably go k groove but i dont know shit about king but cammy and kyo are tight in k. 4 is c groove all the way. put honda first for battery and although cammy is a better all around character you can put terry in the anchor spot as well

aight thanks for the tips.
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860
    Okay so I have a question right now my main tourney team is

C- Bison, Chun Li, Sagat.

My Bison is very good, I can do all the combos, I can RC decently, I know the mixups. Basically if I lose it's because the player is better or I get to aggresive and eat a super to the face.

My chun li is all right, I know all the combos and can do all of them unless it involves the lightning legs, I can't rc them, I can't combo into or off of them and I don't do the lvl 2 cancel of death I do lvl 2 to lk SBK to lvl 1 kikosho, which works for me but I know I need to learn how to rc LL I'm trying.

My sagat, is also decent I know the combos no the ranges on his pokes. My main problem is my lack of using some of his basic tools effectively such as standing lk, and low tiger, though I am improving.

Anyway I want to know if you guys think I should maybe switch to C-rolento. I've been playing around and while I can't do all the combos as of yet, he seems to be a better battery than Bison and have an easier time against alot of characters.

So do you guys think my current team is better or should I switch to

C-Rolento, Chun, Sagat.
    <<>>
    Okay guys, I just started playing this game and I'm getting the hang of it. I like to use Athena, Sakura, and Chun (2) in A groove. Okay team? I'm fairly good at athena's custom but I'm still working on the last part where it's canceled into shining crystal bit. Sakura I can shosho with but I can't end with her kick super because I'm not quick enough yet...(I'm using a playstation 2 controller) and I find her b&b fairly hard to do =\. Chun I'm okay with because I can cancel her supers off a cr. st. =D Any team suggestions or pointers? Oh yeah, I'm still practicing RCs.
    Totalit wrote:
    Okay guys, I just started playing this game and I'm getting the hang of it. I like to use Athena, Sakura, and Chun (2) in A groove. Okay team? I'm fairly good at athena's custom but I'm still working on the last part where it's canceled into shining crystal bit. Sakura I can shosho with but I can't end with her kick super because I'm not quick enough yet...(I'm using a playstation 2 controller) and I find her b&b fairly hard to do =\. Chun I'm okay with because I can cancel her supers off a cr. st. =D Any team suggestions or pointers? Oh yeah, I'm still practicing RCs.

get a joystick.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure i'm going to order one after christmas.
  • CynistarCynistar Break the Barrier Joined: Posts: 1,120
    what do you guys think of an A-groove rock/sakura/bison team?
    Defeat is possible... but highly improbable.
    Twitter@Cynistar742
    Facebook: Javier Garcia
    Youtube: Cynistar742
    Cynistar wrote:
    what do you guys think of an A-groove rock/sakura/bison team?
    A-rock is only good if you're psychic.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wrong. a rock is good but tricky to use.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • UCRJesseUCRJesse Joined: Posts: 1,109
    Ouroborus wrote:

what the hell does that mean? a-rock has too many bad matchups to be good, he's a mid-tier character.... smack in the middle, nothing special about him, I can't actually think of a favorable match up with any top tier character that a-rock has.
    <Viscant> the most shameful feeling in the morning
    <Viscant> waking up with a condom on and realizing...you didn't actually need it
    gotta be psychic.
  • iKlEiTlHiKlEiTlH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Joined: Posts: 1,051
    Jinjifra wrote:
    So anything I say could very easily be wrong.

haha don't worry about it
    that's pretty much 99% of everyone on these forums anyway
  • alhazard15alhazard15 Joined: Posts: 212
    I use N - (Yamazaki, Vega, or Rugal, I dunno who to use), Rock, and Ken. Is that bad or just fine? I'm just a scrub that plays random people each day so meh.
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    why rugal? switch rugal for sagat or blanka
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
  • GumberculesGumbercules Fullscreen Super Pro Joined: Posts: 567
    My team is usually K Eagle, Vega, Blanka. Anything particularly horrible about it? Aside from it not being CBS of course
    CVS2: C-Vega, Eagle, Blanka K-Rock, Geese, Blanka
    3S: Shitty Oro
    My team is usually K Eagle, Vega, Blanka. Anything particularly horrible about it? Aside from it not being CBS of course

i'd recommend you to switch that team to A. i've played some k-vegas and at most they were ok. i have yet to see a k-eagle and i'm hoping i never will...
  • LeezyLeezy In gaming, I age in dog years... Joined: Posts: 1,397
    WTF? Bean...I've never played you with K-Eagle? Shit man, I think he's dope. I rushed the shit out of that bitch Keith earlier tonight with him. K-Vega is decent...I'd still use him if I were better at footsies...and Blanka, well...keep him.
    Same old dog, same old tricks...
    Leezy wrote:
    WTF? Bean...I've never played you with K-Eagle? Shit man, I think he's dope. I rushed the shit out of that bitch Keith earlier tonight with him. K-Vega is decent...I'd still use him if I were better at footsies...and Blanka, well...keep him.

:sad: , k-eagle sounds so gross haha. merry christmas everyone. btw, gumbercules, did you go to long beach (rockvolta) to play last week?
    Leezy wrote:

hey bitch you also ocv'd me with a-akuma before i left too
    why don't you tell everyone how good HE is?

hoe
    haha yea bean I'm the scrub with the long hair ; ;
    iKlEiTlH wrote:
    hey bitch you also ocv'd me with a-akuma before i left too
    why don't you tell everyone how good HE is?

hoe

O DAM THATs HATE
    Nah...that's how much he LOVES me...

...kisses...

Nah seriously...after randoming out shit with Eagle...low forward x link into lvl 3 owns.
  • FaightFaight Spewing hatemail IRL Joined: Posts: 1,213
    Generally I play K, with variations in characters. For the most part its:

Maki/Athena/Mai(R2)

Maki for the mixup/wackiness, Athena is pretty solid, and my Mai is my best character. If the opponent uses Sagat as R2, I'm gold. She also does well against Bison (pyscho), at least in my experience. However, if my opponent uses Blanka as R2, I switch Mai and Athena... I just can't play very well against Blanka with Mai.

I also use Raiden, Blanka, Ken, Cammy, Joe, and Hibiki in K. I'm decent to good with all of them. Usually come tournament time I ditch Maki for Cammy, Hibiki or Blanka... Unless I'm feeling really daring. K-Raiden is amazing, I wish I was better with him.

My other team is C based, I use Guile/Kim/XXX.

I don't really have a third character set, I switch between Ken, Blanka, and sometime Sagat. The only purpose of this team is doing the Kim infinite, which I land once every 100 matches. Ok, so it's not that bad, but I sadly don't land it as much as I like. The invulnerability sucks balls, I wish it was better. It trades with almost everything in the game, some characters just straight up duck that shit, and it doesn't combo unless you're point blank.
    Your arguments are invalid, I drowned a shark.
    Kyrdu wrote:
    Ok, so it's not that bad, but I sadly don't land it as much as I like. The invulnerability sucks balls, I wish it was better. It trades with almost everything in the game, some characters just straight up duck that shit, and it doesn't combo unless you're point blank.

leezy knows all about that shit.
    Yeah...but oddly...my opponents tend to forget...and then it's time to open the clinic. Shazam!

Oh yeah, I tested it for like 10 minutes after Bhushan woke my ass up this morning...you can only link lvl 3s with Eagle after low forward, lvl 1s and 2s are too slow and don't go as far. On fat characters...you can even get low jab x2, low forward, lnik super. Shit is durrrty. Oh Damn!
    lvl3!!! K eagle top tier!!
    Leezy ~ STILL breaking the game!
    I've been trying c.jabx3 super and c.jabx2 s.mk super but that's very hard for me to pull off with eagle, so c.mk forever
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    With Eagle, its much easier for me to go c.lp c.lp back+mk -> hcf + kick, or super. I can't really get it from the crouching position. And I really suck at the c.lp c.lp -> activate -> c.mp -> CC link. I usually put him first in C, just to pass meter to chun. And in A, well, that's just like praying to get lucky, but he does have a nice easy damaging cc, I just can't link it consistently.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • NAMMMMMMNAMMMMMM cantcounterpaulfrank Joined: Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ouroborus wrote:

nope... A-Rock is shitty... just because Combo uses him doesnt make him good.
    b a NAM a 827 (8:56:19 PM): =\
    b adm on key7 62 (8:56:33 PM): =/
    b a NAM a 827 (8:56:43 PM): =\
    b adm on key7 62 (8:56:52 PM): =/
    b a NAM a 827 (8:57:09 PM): 8========D

MGO: hadoooken/Hello Kitty
    GGPO: namco827
  • pIGadOkeNpIGadOkeN hot mess Joined: Posts: 1,582
    man, reading this shit makes me laugh. leezy, you use some dirty ass fuckin teams. y'all ain't ready for p-ken, balrog, bison. team sf2: the movie.
    nobody on the corner got swagger like us
    god damn
    let's just all stick with a/k-top/top/top
    OR a/k-mid/top/top

LET'S GET REAL HERE

albert, your teams are always nasty
    pIGadOkeN wrote:
    man, reading this shit makes me laugh. leezy, you use some dirty ass fuckin teams. y'all ain't ready for p-ken, balrog, bison. team sf2: the movie.

pff, for you the day bison graced your village was the worst day of your life, for me it was tuesday.
    Dentron wrote:
    pff, for you the day bison graced your village was the worst day of your life, for me it was tuesday.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
    Soo.....Whats your all's opinion of

Hibiki/Guile Akuma Sagat- P groovin

I don't really like Sagat in this game too much but I still use him cuz thats what I always see, or blanka. But, I saw Buktooth using Biki in third on evo04(yea, I'm pretty late) which is what I originally liked but I didnt think it would work out. So I will prolly go Guile Akuma Hibiki P. But is this teh best order, I already know theirs better grooves but I'm so use to 3s and Pgroove that when I play anything else I always try t parry and end up gettin punished. So any tips
  • pIGadOkeNpIGadOkeN hot mess Joined: Posts: 1,582
    any charge character in p-groove is pretty shitty besides vega (claw) at high levels. uhh, p-hibiki is a good fuck around character but she isn't as crazy without run. that team is good for casuals?

keith: YOU'S A HATER
    nobody on the corner got swagger like us
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    nope... A-Rock is shitty... just because Combo uses him doesnt make him good.

well its not just combo, some other japanese player who uses almost the same team as combo also makes him seem good

most of his K groove shit can be ported over and A groove is prolly his second best groove.

it seems the biggest problem is that he has some trouble getting in although his dash is and jump ins are pretty good and rc elbow dash is tricky as hell to do
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    Ouroborus wrote:
    well its not just combo, some other japanese player who uses almost the same team as combo also makes him seem good

most of his K groove shit can be ported over and A groove is prolly his second best groove.

it seems the biggest problem is that he has some trouble getting in although his dash is and jump ins are pretty good and rc elbow dash is tricky as hell to do
    that's like saying A-kyo is good, just because some jpn players are good with A-kyo, except there are no top american player that uses A-kyo.

haha A-geese :P

i still love these crazy japanese characters though.
  • Mikee_ShowbizMikee_Showbiz Joined: Posts: 370
    Okay guys, suggestions plzzzz:

My team is A-Groove xxx/Hibiki/Mai(2)

The battery spot is between Balrog, Eagle and Todo. I'm kinda comfortable with all three and get their CCs out consistently but with each of the above, I really struggle against certain match-ups - I want to stick with one character now, so I get to know each match-up inside out.

Who would I be better with in the long run? I've just switched from Xbox over to PS2 version, so I've just started learning RC too.
    This is living.