cvs2 team formation: discussion/suggestions, etc

Comments

• GunterJPNGunterJPN Ghetto Gief Joined: Posts: 380
    Bull fighter's good regardless of the damage he takes or the Max damage his CC's can do.

Vega is good, he's just not a good ANCHOR - which is what Pieguy wrote.

And yes, 6k is AVERAGE for a CC (if not below average).
  • kid_krushkid_krush 黒人の名前はOMGsupafly!! Joined: Posts: 88
    N-iori,sagat,hibki[R2] is the best team i've come across, but sometimes it get a little boring playing them. i used iori anh hibiki in A and seem them in action they seem more versatile in terms of how they rack up damage. in A im running with iori/hibiki most likely it will be bison (sorry havoc). im looking for a charecter as versatile as iori and hibiki. not really looking foward to use sak,claw,blanka even thoough there fun i'm looking for something different. if all else fails i wii use A-are.
    Guess no matter how hard we try.. Fate's gonna keep throwing us back together!
    cause I'm just watching a bad dream that I can't wake up from.
  • HAVHAV iori respawn Joined: Posts: 9,503
    Just don't steal my colors.
  • Sean2kxSean2kx Chun Chun ATTACKS! Joined: Posts: 202
    Okay, So im playing CvS2 as we speak and i really want to get better @ this game. Heres my teams:
    #1 C/ Kyo, Yuri, and Guile
    #2 C/Terry, Kyo, and Ryu
    #3 C/Vice, Ryu, and Guile.

do you guys think my teams well-balanced?

My #1team is my main. #2 and 3, im still practicing with getting better. I dont have XBL but the Ppl i play from my College is very good. My Yuri seems to be my best player due to her mix ups.

And For some reason i can only get into any other groove but C since the 3 specials, and the roll. Can u help me pick another groove with my team?

Last thing, i have a really hard time with Rock and Sagat, what downfalls do they have? or What can i do against them.
    Anyhelp appreciated thanks.
    Children Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Dont.
    http://itshona.blogspot.com/ <--- gooo
    http://www.zshare.net/download/54301226bb8e5395/ <--my demo gooo
  • CMXCMX Hateful Henry Joined: Posts: 1,178
    Just don't steal my colors.

thats a bit difficult when it comes to Hibiki since we all seem to like the white outfit for her. except for Buk and Rai

Sean - your teams are not well balanced but I'm not going to tell you to go play C-Are like a noob either. for your main team I would sugguest putting Yuri 1st so that when Kyo comes up he can have meter to use with upkicks. Sagats only downfall is being the overall best char in the game. I don't know how to help you against Rock and Sagat with knowing situations that are troubling you.
    Making Designer Combos
    I don't use white Hibiki. I use purple. Fierce punch.
  • LeezyLeezy In gaming, I age in dog years... Joined: Posts: 1,397
    Wows. I use that color, too...and I didn't know it was purple. I always thought it was dark gray.
    Same old dog, same old tricks...
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    Pink Hibiki is what's up niggas.

... unless you plan on not getting hit is a poor arguement...

Hey, if he's an XvSF player than he should be used to it!
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • DentronDentron THUG LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,300
    Bull fighter's good regardless of the damage he takes or the Max damage his CC's can do.
    Saying his inclusion on a team is shitty unless you plan on not getting hit is a poor arguement; who here runs a gameplan where getting hit, where the total number of hit points a team runs factors into the forefront of strategy? If that was true, we should see more raiden, chang and geif teams.

Why do we not?

im not saying its the most important factor in choosing a team, im saying it is a factor. akuma/yun are frail characters and they have serious matchup issues and then you have vega in the back who is not a great comeback anchor if your front 2 get rocked.
    I don't use white Hibiki. I use purple. Fierce punch.

oh then it's skisonic i'm thinking of then, cause I remember watching a match of you 2 and someone picked the white one.
    Making Designer Combos
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Is Honda Todo Blanka a better team in C or A?

Honda is better in C, Todo is better in A. Blanka can fit any bill. so have your pick at it.
    Making Designer Combos
  • FSgamerFSgamer Cheap Tactics!!! Joined: Posts: 1,315
    I'd say A.
    Todo is better in A, Blanka has better comeback potential in A imo. A-Honda can turtle and build meter then hand over a full bar to Todo.
    FSgamer aka FS7 --- Cheap Tactics for the Win ---

random CvS2 player
  • kid_krushkid_krush 黒人の名前はOMGsupafly!! Joined: Posts: 88
    never mind seems i had a mental block been playing with friends and i'm back iori is looking nasty need more hibiki practice peace out
    Guess no matter how hard we try.. Fate's gonna keep throwing us back together!
    cause I'm just watching a bad dream that I can't wake up from.
  • gridmangridman Drill Joined: Posts: 3,221
    Im just gonna start using C-random/random/Yamazaki.

Might as well.
    Im just gonna start using C-random/random/Yamazaki.

Might as well.

what happened to C-Sagat, Rugal, Yama? that's a sick team to play.
    Making Designer Combos
  • CoosCoosCoosCoos Yep. Joined: Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    what happened to C-Sagat, Rugal, Yama? that's a sick team to play.

Grid's C-Yama is the EQUALIZER.

I'm liking C-Guile/Rolento/Sagat.

Seems a lil easier to win with. And I enjoy playing em too.
    AE: Fei

Marvel: Mag/Doom/Dante

UNIEL: Waldstein
    The only thing keeping me playing rugal is dari really.
    Grid's C-Yama is the EQUALIZER.

I'm liking C-Guile/Rolento/Sagat.

Seems a lil easier to win with. And I enjoy playing em too.

lol this dude knows the deal with Grid's Yama.

Craig - play Sim, Sagat, Yama then??? or random, Sagat, Yama. It's not like Sagat is never fun to play, even if he wasn't top tier his playstyle is fun.
    Making Designer Combos
    People wont take me seriously if I play sim.:lol:
  • lefty lizardlefty lizard Joined: Posts: 130
    i like a team who deals good damage. my team is n-groove zangief, honda,and r2 raiden. you can really mess up other people's strategies if they play characters who deal low damage. if the other team has three characters also then i will probably have more combined power than them. now all i have to do is spread the damage around. honda's speed, zangief's range, raiden's versatility.
    peace and tranquility is the path of the warrior
    They will if you win.
    Bronson's sim is too srs.
    People wont take me seriously if I play sim.:lol:

people take Iyo seriously, the fuck. just play it, rape it, and win it. fuck what everyone else thinks.
    Making Designer Combos
    A-Honda, Athena, Bison.
  • CoosCoosCoosCoos Yep. Joined: Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    people take Iyo seriously, the fuck. just play it, rape it, and win it. fuck what everyone else thinks.

So much truth to this. I'm now dedicating my time to playing C-Sagat/Maki/Rolento-r2.

What a fun ass team this is.
    AE: Fei

Marvel: Mag/Doom/Dante

UNIEL: Waldstein
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,538
    Well I think im going to give up my N - Iori, Ken, Sagat for C - Iori, Ken, Sagat. Maybe when I get better with C, I'll think about switching back to N.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
    Well I think im going to give up my N - Iori, Ken, Sagat for C - Iori, Ken, Sagat. Maybe when I get better with C, I'll think about switching back to N.

n and c are hardly alike groove wise. i know personally i fucking really cannot play running grooves. ive tried to play k and n and every time i have to switch back to a dashing groove because i cant rushdown without taking oodles of damage trying to get in. the only things that really carry over btwn the 2 grooves is roll/counter attack which means getting better with those characters in c-groove probably wont help out your N groove.
    Yeah..

N-Iori is really very little like C-Iori. Sagat is pretty different too.. not as different as Iori, but different.
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    thoughts on k: ken, rock, sagat (R2)?

i eventually want the team to be ken, kyo, rock (R2).
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

If you want the team to be Ken/Kyo/Rock, just play that team.
    That team is good. Just learn the matchups against top tiers, and you'll do fine.
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    If you want the team to be Ken/Kyo/Rock, just play that team.

yeah i know. it's just that my execution with kyo is pretty bad. i'm leaving him in training room for now. i have a lot of trouble with cr.LKs into the punches super; i always get the upkicks. i don't have trouble with ken's cr.LKs into shoryu reppa, though.
    That team is good. Just learn the matchups against top tiers, and you'll do fine.

thanks. :china:
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

Just hold short.. no up kicks..

Or shit... rock the up kicks into wave super. What's the problem? K-Kyo is dope.
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,538
    n and c are hardly alike groove wise. i know personally i fucking really cannot play running grooves. ive tried to play k and n and every time i have to switch back to a dashing groove because i cant rushdown without taking oodles of damage trying to get in. the only things that really carry over btwn the 2 grooves is roll/counter attack which means getting better with those characters in c-groove probably wont help out your N groove.
    Yeah..

N-Iori is really very little like C-Iori. Sagat is pretty different too.. not as different as Iori, but different.

Yeah the reason for the switch is to work on my ground game and defense more once I get better at that then maybe switch back and work on rushdown. Tbh I noticed that I cant really rush very well (or for better word effectively) in a run groove and in a way it compromises my defense cos Im always trying to rush lol.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
    Yeah the reason for the switch is to work on my ground game and defense more once I get better at that then maybe switch back and work on rushdown. Tbh I noticed that I cant really rush very well (or for better word effectively) in a run groove and in a way it compromises my defense cos Im always trying to rush lol.

just play c-groove then, its really a strong team and you can play that team very aggressive in c-groove. im sure many of us would love to be savage rushdown artists in k/n groove but its not in our blood.. or maybe i should speak for myself.
    NO. Take advantage of K...rush anyway...if you get hit, you get meter...you get rewarded for taking risks...so dumb. I love K.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I use C-Guile/Yun/Sagat and switch yun with vice sometimes. Love that team.
  • Sean2kxSean2kx Chun Chun ATTACKS! Joined: Posts: 202
    its cool for the no help, i figured out a nice team myself

K-Groove
    Chunli
    Guile
    Kyo

Or

P-Groove
    Guile
    Yuri
    Chunli
    Children Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Dont.
    http://itshona.blogspot.com/ <--- gooo
    http://www.zshare.net/download/54301226bb8e5395/ <--my demo gooo
    Def. that K-groove team. Yuri sucks so bad.........