cvs2 team formation: discussion/suggestions, etc

1555657585961»

Comments

• Mr.BrokenMr.Broken Joined: Posts: 59
    "Other characters I like are Vega, Hibiki, Chun-Li, and Rock. Rock's best groove is probably K though... I don't want to use Sagat. Who should my R2 be?"

You could play N Iori/Rock/Chun-Li or add Vega instead of Iori or Rock to make the team more conservative/solid. Vega (Claw) as a battery in the first slot is pretty good, you could also play him last slot R2! Hes just that good. N Groove Rock has rc hardedge and rc command grab, a really good sweep, hitconfirms and you can style on your opponent with deadly rave into level 1 B)
    "Someday , someone will best me.
    But it wont be today , and it wont be you!"
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2016
    I know Iori is good in N-Groove, but what about Kyo? Kyo is one of my favorite characters but I don't want to use P or K. I would use K if iori was good in that, but he's not.

Other characters I like are Vega, Hibiki, Chun-Li, and Rock. Rock's best groove is probably K though... I don't want to use Sagat. Who should my R2 be?

N- Iori, Chun, Hibiki (R2) was Buktooth's "serious" team when his morrigan got figured out by certain players and when he was dealing with CBS teams. Obviously you can switch chun and hibiki around to better suit your team.

Chun and Hibiki both fight top tier common user/anchors really well (Bison, Blanka, Sagat.), but have a more difficult time if common 1st/2nd characters make it to them (Cammy, Vega, Sakura)
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No Kyo ain't bad, he just doesn't have access to burst damage super til he activates. Low jump, run, and RC are all great on him. It just was as used as much since k Kyoto did insane damage and guard, while A Kyo had great ccs. He solid in any groove.
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 253
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Let's spice thing up for CVS2 tournaments by allowing the clone glitch. In other words I can have a team of Sagat, Honda, Honda

I do this from time to time on arcade machines...

That sounds really not fun.
    The world needs more folk metal
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,732
    Ouroborus wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Let's spice thing up for CVS2 tournaments by allowing the clone glitch. In other words I can have a team of Sagat, Honda, Honda

I do this from time to time on arcade machines...

1 vega, 2 sakura just to fuck with K/P groove.

One time I had 2 ratio 2 Dictators. It's hard to get because if you're too slow, you get Dictator/Raiden. Why doesn't it sound fun? Some people only like one or two characters. Why not let them play as if they are laying Street Fighter (in other words, you lose with your character in round 1, but you get to use the same character for round 2)
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,939
    Thought about playing Kyo on K groove... does not sound like too bad of an idea
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??????????????????
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 253
    Thought about playing Kyo on K groove... does not sound like too bad of an idea

Go for it. I need to practice more K Geese and Yamazaki.
    The world needs more folk metal