Palette Suggestion Thread.

Comments

• HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    After seeing something in this thread I have come to the realization that not all the colors should be references. We need some originality in the palette colors as well tbh. Remember back in MvC2? We didn't have a single reference in that game and we only had 6 colors. Everyone found a color they liked (with the limitaions on the amount of colors given everyone usually liked the same one). I believe it was the same with GG as well. So originality is going to be a good thing. Let's face it, there are going to be a number of people that say "REFERENCE X IS AWESOME AND WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE IT IN THE GAME!!!" Yet they end up choosing something else...

Btw, Powerpuff Girls palettes for Parasoul.
    Spoiler:

-Tha Hindu
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,013 ✭✭✭
    They heard my cries for pink palettes :3

I also spotted some Gold and Black palettes, which are great as well.

I like many of the original palettes so far, there's going be a lot of them since there will be a lot of colors to choose from.

Question though: How are the colors going to be selected in the final build?
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • Joe YabukiJoe Yabuki Murcielago Joined: Posts: 1,280
    They heard my cries for pink palettes :3

I also spotted some Gold and Black palettes, which are great as well.

I like many of the original palettes so far, there's going be a lot of them since there will be a lot of colors to choose from.

Question though: How are the colors going to be selected in the final build?
    Pink haired Parasoul would be pretty nice.
    Catherine is a better fighting game than *insert game here*
    ·
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    Pink haired Parasoul would be pretty nice.

God, you guys are going to turn her in to that bitch from Lazy Town.

-Tha Hindu
    ·
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree w/ not going overboard on reference colors. Then again, hasn't Reverge hinted at there being 60+ colors per char (which I still find mindboggling)? Plenty of room for originality.

(btw if that Kyoko Parasoul makes it in, I'm calling it. Yeah I'm bodying your shit, Chibi. Fight me.)
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
    ·
  • d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 26,699 mod
    Just throwing this out there since it was the most popular suggestion I had.

Might go back and just make the entire upper garment red now that I think about it..

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9757/kyokopara.png
    Been meaning to ask, how'd you make such a clean edit?
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
    I pretty much agree w/ not going overboard on reference colors. Then again, hasn't Reverge hinted at there being 60+ colors per char (which I still find mindboggling)? Plenty of room for originality.

(btw if that Kyoko Parasoul makes it in, I'm calling it. Yeah I'm bodying your shit, Chibi. Fight me.)
    WHAT???? I'm expecting like 8 at best, if there are that many colors, then I'll have my purple *-*
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    Been meaning to ask, how'd you make such a clean edit?

It's a little sloppier than you think, just have to zoom in, haha.

I sorta frankensteined the two sprites there and selected each part to color separately.
    ·
  • EDGEucatorEDGEucator ✚Chick Can✚ Joined: Posts: 151
    I pretty much agree w/ not going overboard on reference colors. Then again, hasn't Reverge hinted at there being 60+ colors per char (which I still find mindboggling)? Plenty of room for originality
    I remember hearing that on one of the SG streams at 12 something at night , but it was said by the players , not RL. Hopefully its true that each character will have 60 pallettes.
    My SkullGirls Squad-(MainsVenus , Cerebella , Valentine , Feng & Squiggly)
    -(SecondariesSword Puppet , Leduc , Umbrella & 4 Head.)
    ·
  • Honor BasquiatHonor Basquiat Joined: Posts: 1,361
    I remember hearing that on one of the SG streams at 12 something at night , but it was said by the players , not RL. Hopefully its true that each character will have 60 pallettes.

Mike said that based on the system they have in place one could choose 63 palettes, as in 63 button combinations. I would expect around 15-20, which is plenty, Marvel 3 only has like 5.
    Marvel 3: Super Skrull/Taskmaster/Felicia Skullgirls: Valentine/Parasoul

If you are a member of the fighting game community and you aren't play Skullgirls you're doing it wrong.
    ·
    Anything more than 6 is great imo
    ·
  • not_so_saintnot_so_saint so casual it isn't even funny Joined: Posts: 14
    I recall there was answer on FB that numbers of colors for each char are significantly varies right now. Also there was post implying that artists making huge amounts of colors simultaneously and then choose handful of really good-looking ones. So the final amount can be somewhat floaty as they have plenty of leftovers.
    ARE YOU OKAY? BUUUUUSTAAAAA WOOOOOOOLF!
    ·
  • RizhallRizhall 殺意はhot-hot!! Joined: Posts: 1,085
    I still want a Remy palette for Parasoul :> I'll try to edit one up later for an example
    Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
    ·
  • KrackatoaKrackatoa Ensaikyopedia Trolldanica. Joined: Posts: 2,119 ✭✭
    Mike said that based on the system they have in place one could choose 63 palettes, as in 63 button combinations. I would expect around 15-20, which is plenty, Marvel 3 only has like 5.

MvC3 also has to do complete retextures. It seems like a shame to waste such a well-designed palette system, though 15-20 is plenty.
    Algonquin Competitive Gaming - Bringing Hyperbolic Time Chambers to the Masses
    ·
  • KayameKayame REPENT!BOOM! Joined: Posts: 549
    Joker Peacock
    Worst trash talker
    K-pop fan
    Skullgirls is the best
    Ravens fanatic
    ·
  • SauvieSauvie Thought I was clever. Joined: Posts: 27
    I would love to get the colour map in an easily editable format, because suggesting them is a bit...done.
    SSF4AE - Chun-Li/Cody/Sagat/Ryu
    MvC3 - Tron/She Hulk/Iron Man - Chris/Wesker/Thor
    Third Strike - Akuma
    Continuum Shift - Tager/Hakumen
    Tekken 6 - Asuka/King
    ·
  • Surging ChaosSurging Chaos Less QQ, moar pew pew Joined: Posts: 391
    I'd love to see a Weavel pallette for Ms. Fortune, considering Weavel from Metroid Prime Hunters was the very first thing that popped into my mind when I heard on the latest stream that Ms. Fortune could detach her head and control it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    VS: B.B. Hood | TvC: Saki / Roll | MvC2: Team Scrub / Team Watts | UMvC3: Dr. Strange (γ) / MODOK (β) / Sentinel (α) | Skullgirls: Peacock (QCF + MK) / Parasoul (d/u + HK)
    ·
  • S-U-P-E-RS-U-P-E-R CAT DRUGS Joined: Posts: 68
    I was just gonna suggest a B. Orchid color for Ms. F... green and yellow!
    Spoiler:
    a haunted video game
    ·
  • spacekamenspacekamen Joined: Posts: 34
    peacock should have a mario pallet
    ·
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    Ya'll are never going to agree with , but...

Based on this description of Ms.Fortune.
    1 - separating the head is specials. And possibly a few other surprise ways. You can cancel normals with the specials, yes. Recalling it is also a special, which also cancels normals.
    2 - yes, head is controlled with HP only. No, it isn't only one attack - Carl's doll is only one button...
    3 - (head supers) no comment.
    4 - only her head can be a separate entity entirely. But she has moves where she separates...other stuff...for the move.
    5 - she's a motion character. (You people and your "waaa waaa charge character waaa". I ought to go change everyone to charge characters...)
    6 - fwd/back and air fwd/back dash. It's a regular dash, but since you can airdash-cancel air normals in SG, she can do that. She spurts blood during a lot of things. Apparently it's M when you make other people bleed from injuries, but not when you yourself bleed randomly.
    7 - Um. There's some Hakumen range and some Dhalsim/Omega Red range. No 4C though. :^P
    8 - It's not entrails, it's muscle/connective tissue, so there are no external organs. I'd say it's about VS Victor's-arms-ripping level of gross - the fact that she can be headless gets to me more than this stuff.

There are a lot of things about Fortune that you 'don't hear every day'. That's sort of what we aim for with everyone. (^.^)
    My requests are going to be incredily weird and stupid.
    ·
  • HowtoreadHowtoread Only here for Skullgirls news Joined: Posts: 504
    Kitana (from MORTAL KOMBAT) pallete for Parasoul.
    Both are princesses who like to stay cool in the sun
    Ms.Fortune/Valentine/Parasoul
    Also plays MVC3
    ·
  • Heir Of BreathHeir Of Breath Chump of Shoosh Joined: Posts: 41
    Litchi Fei Ling palate for Squiggly where her spine/dragon is red like Litchi's staff.

Blue Rose (from Tiger & Bunny) palate for Filia

Mary Poppins palate for Parasoul

Mango Sentinel palate for Peacock (dress and hat blue while gloves and arm eye irises orange?)

Ramona (from Scott Pilgrim series) palate for Ms. Fortune (the only similarities I draw between them are hair style.

More to come?
    Solo Double All Day
    ·
  • Heir Of BreathHeir Of Breath Chump of Shoosh Joined: Posts: 41
    After seeing something in this thread I have come to the realization that not all the colors should be references. We need some originality in the palette colors as well tbh. Remember back in MvC2? We didn't have a single reference in that game and we only had 6 colors. Everyone found a color they liked (with the limitaions on the amount of colors given everyone usually liked the same one). I believe it was the same with GG as well. So originality is going to be a good thing. Let's face it, there are going to be a number of people that say "REFERENCE X IS AWESOME AND WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE IT IN THE GAME!!!" Yet they end up choosing something else...

Btw, Powerpuff Girls palettes for Parasoul.
    Spoiler:

-Tha Hindu

Apologies in advance for the double post

This would be more fitting for Hear, Speak, See No Evil girls
    Solo Double All Day
    ·
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Turtle Nosebleed Style Joined: Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭
    Whatever you guys do don't give Peacock a Pink alt. Bitch is too hard for that shit.

Listening to : Nas / The Narcicyst / Diamond District / MC Melodee / Alice Smith / Lee Fields / 20syl
    ·
  • GigaBowserXyZGigaBowserXyZ lol Joined: Posts: 22
    tager palette for cerebella
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Was Bella's green palette a shout-out to Mike Z's green Tager? If it was than there will be 2 Tager Bellas.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Joker Peacock
    She's clearly more of a Penguin.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    She's clearly more of a Penguin.
    It seems strange to make Penguin out of Peacock when you have 2 chars with umbrellas in the game... :confused:
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Touché, but they don't have top hats.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
    Damn it! :wtf: You can't always get what you want...
    ·
  • ChrisFreemindChrisFreemind Joined: Posts: 18
    If a color edit was in this game, i would be 100% more hype for this game. i mean me personally, would spend tons of time in it. so it wouldnt go to waste, but now for the complexity of it, i couldnt tell you. i dont design video games. so ready to play this game though.
    ·
    If a color edit was in this game, i would be 100% more hype for this game. i mean me personally, would spend tons of time in it. so it wouldnt go to waste, but now for the complexity of it, i couldnt tell you. i dont design video games. so ready to play this game though.

Color Edit Mode means people make nude colors or colors that blend in with stages, which means we (probably) won't get it.

If you are a member of the fighting game community and you aren't play Skullgirls you're doing it wrong.
    ·
    AFAIR it was stated by "Skullgirls" on facebook that we'll definitely not get color customization because of aformentioned reasons.
    ·
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss Fortune?

www.twitch.tv/swbeta
    ·
    Celty Sturlusson for Ms. Fortune. Period. She is freakin' headless rider after all!
    Outfit:
    Spoiler:
    Head:
    Spoiler:
    Isn't she cute?
    ·
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Color Edit Mode means people make nude colors or colors that blend in with stages, which means we (probably) won't get it.

you can always could have the option to turn them off when playing online, seeing only the local edited colors, for me it more like they dont want to give them the option, there are ways to avoid the reasons the problems of having it
    i would love a color edit mode, even if it means that i need to pay for it as an extra to have it
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume this alt was a given for Painwheel but
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • Mad MistressMad Mistress Seimei wannabe Joined: Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    Basara, what a fucking legend :D

edit: we could also do with...
    Spoiler:
    Waifus: Litchi, Lambda-11, Mu-12, Shizuka, Ende, Yukiko, Chie, Saki, Dorothy, Lilica, Leona, King, Angel, Akira, Natsu, Hibiki, Kojiroh.
    Hazubandos: Akuma, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, Donovan, Gallon, Genjuro, Basara, Dio, Bison.
    Harems: Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel, Murica/Viper/Hulk, Dormammu/Hsien-Ko/Akuma, Beatrice/Virgilia, Rosa/Virgilia.
    Dat gamez: KOF98/2K2UM/13, SamSho4, SFA2/3, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Jojos BA, GG, AH3, P4A, MVC2/UMVC3, BB, Ougon, Skullgirls, Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen, Phantom Breaker Extra.
    ·
  • GenowGenow Joined: Posts: 571
    Let's see.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2yknn84.jpg
    http://i53.tinypic.com/71o11s.png

Here's Parasoul Lineart made by A.K.

And here is Umbrella Lineart made by FortunateFeline (I think)

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/Rainbow_Vomit/umbrellatemp.png

While I'm at it, I'm gonna promote this pallete
    Spoiler:

I WILL DO EVERYTHING TO SEE THIS IN THE GAME
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭
    Where are the lines for the color zones on Parasoul?
    ·
  • KristophKristoph sing my lullaby Joined: Posts: 427
    I don't even know what character that is Genow, but that palette is fucking godlike.
    ·
  • A.K.A.K. 稀代の天才魔導士 Joined: Posts: 289
    Lol, I'm glad you liked it so much Geno. XD
    Anyways, I posted this on Dustloop, so I figured I might as well log into my old account and post the Painwheel one I made here too.
    Spoiler:
    http://i51.tinypic.com/5noykm.jpg <-- Bigger size.

Another one I did
    Spoiler:
    http://i54.tinypic.com/bveoo.jpg <----Bigger Size
    Cheap commissions! Art, Ps3 Themes, anything! :D

http://honey-tree.deviantart.com/
    <333333
    ·
  • tilopud_ryetilopud_rye Joined: Posts: 147
    Ms Fortune would look awesome in a Freakazoid type palette. Her skin becomes her default shirt color and her shirt goes to match his red. Fortunes collar stays the same as it's the same colors as Freakazoids logo. If you can color the area around her eyes you can make it look like she's wearing the mask. The lightning bolts in Freakazoids hair can be done on her inner ears; it's a perfect match I tell yeh!
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • PizzarinoPizzarino Pikachu gave his life for science Joined: Posts: 420
    What did you base that Squigly off of?
    SRK Skullgirls Wiki: Do it for the children
    ·
  • UrichinanUrichinan Dismember Joined: Posts: 347
    What did you base that Squigly off of?

Her old sprite from the original version:
    Spoiler:
    BB: Litchi/Valkenhayn/Relius - GG: I-No/Axl/Venom - P4U: Shadow Labrys/Mitsuru/Yukiko - SCV: Ivy/Tira/Viola - TTT2 - Anna/Michelle/Sebastian - MK9: Sindel/Sheeva/Cyrax - SFxT: Julia/Vega/Poison - UMvC3: Ghost Rider/Trish/Arthur - MvC2: Ruby Heart/Tron Bonne/Doctor Doom - DS3: Q-bee/Aulbath/Morrigan - SF4v.2012: Rose/C. Viper/Ibuki - KoF13: Mai/Elizabeth/Mature - SG: Painwheel/Cerebella/Parasoul - AH3: Nazuna/Dorothy/Konoha - MBAACC: H-Kohaku & Mech Hisui/F-Archetype: Earth/???
    ·
  • ChrisFreemindChrisFreemind Joined: Posts: 18
    yea thats true, didnt think about that. hmmm is there no way around this?
    ·
    I don't see what the big deal is, I think we should just respect the team and the dozens of palettes we are going to get. They are working very hard, the colors we already have are awesome, some characters already have over a dozen choices already, not to mention that the team is taking suggestions from us. So I'm happy without a color edit mode, I'd rather have taunts than a color edit mode. Color edit not only will cause problems like nudes and camouflage, but it's time the team could be using doing something far more productive.

·
  • NeutrinoNeutrino Ensemble Forecast for the Downtrodden Joined: Posts: 293
    Spoiler:

Hey, this is pretty fun. Always had this idea for a Parasoul palette.

Also, does anyone know how to make the black lines not get jaggy when using the fill tool?
    ·
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    Can you guess all of them (without going on Dustloop :> )?
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • ComeAtMeBroComeAtMeBro Joined: Posts: 132
    I think peacock has something similar but I'd like all characters to have the shades of grey like the dlc for blazblue
    ·