Palette Suggestion Thread.

AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet.Joined: Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭
Yeah. Let's not clog the main thread w/ "omg put <reference color> in plz!!`1~".

Do that here. Also, read this:
Spoiler:
"For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
·

Comments

• jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ms Fortune
    Joy Mech Fight(any of the 36 characters)
    Vectorman
    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. Watch live video from jedpossum on www.hitbox.tv [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games
    ·
  • shiningnegroshiningnegro Joined: Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Bringing this out of the thread

In Mario Party 3 there was the Duel Mode where Princess Daisy main partner was a Snifit.

Parasoul - Princess Daisy
    Soldiers[SIZE=15px] - Snifits[/SIZE]

240px-DaisyMP8Official.png200px-SMB2_Snifit.jpg
    Lone Wolf Pack Interactive (New Indie Game Company)
    PSN: OneNappyNinja
    Main Games: TTT2 (Mains - Lily/Bruce) & SSF4:AE2012 (Main - Ibuki)
    SRK Fairy Gym Leader (Wifi) Friend Code: 1693-0954-9411
    ·
  • Jae The OneJae The One NoctisLuna Joined: Posts: 1,338
    filia/millia?

millia-isuka-hr.jpg
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
    ·
  • tylerzdtylerzd Yeah! Joined: Posts: 951
    Fantasia Mickey for Peacock. You'll probably have to nix the stars, but a blue hat and red outfit will be close enough. And the presence of this will guarantee my eternal love for Laboratories of the Reverge variety.

Blue hat/white button section on the front. Red dress. Black bow. Black arms. White gloves. Black hair. <3

fant3.jpg
    ·
  • DietDiet Garbage Day Joined: Posts: 1,287
    Peacock should have a spiral palette!
    Mvc2-spiral.jpg
    youtube.com/dietplain
    2w6ge50.jpg
    ·
  • 2Chep2Chep She's Clawwwwsome. Joined: Posts: 189
    Farah from Tales of Eternia for Squiggly. She uses Kung-Fu or some martial art like it as Squiggly is rumoured to do and the outfits are similar enough to work I think.
    Spoiler:
    "We got Chilldog using dat ACME tech, putting 'im in da Looney Toons blockstrings" Oh god yes.

SG - Filia/Fortune/Parasoul
    ·
  • tilopud_ryetilopud_rye Joined: Posts: 147
    To add along all the easter eggs / references in Peacock some of her colors could be based on different characters from a cartoon series -as in her different projectiles / cartoon friends are colored as an ensemble from a show such as
    animaniacs,
    Spoiler:
    looney toons,
    Spoiler:

hr pufnstuf
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,193 mod
    Personally would like to see a Baroness alt for Parasoul.
    Spoiler:
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    How about a Madoka palette for Filia

puella-magi-madoka-magica-kaname-madoka-qb-figures-by-good-smile-compan-005.jpg

But let Samson be Kyuubey! With the full white body and red eyes.
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • SodaPOPSodaPOP "Stab The Pink" Joined: Posts: 1,216
    That site doesn't allow hotlinking.
    ·
    Dunno, if flashing palettes are allowed on your engine.
    Spoiler:

As for Spiral palette for Peacock. No, lets wait for a character that plays closer to a character like spiral.
    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. Watch live video from jedpossum on www.hitbox.tv [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games
    ·
  • RavidrathRavidrath Joined: Posts: 761
    I may look into starting a palette contest of some kind... but for original palettes.

At the very least, I may look into providing templates so people can do more than just spew names of reference palettes. The palette request business has gotten a little out-of-hand, and it might help if takes more effort than just typing something.

For example, someone on NeoGAF posted this:
    Spoiler:

I think if you think something will look good on our characters, I don't think it's too much to ask to show us why.

Thoughts?
    ·
  • OerbaOerba Just a joke! Joined: Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭
    I may look into starting a palette contest of some kind... but for original palettes.

At the very least, I may look into providing templates so people can do more than just spew names of reference palettes. The palette request business has gotten a little out-of-hand, and it might help if takes more effort than just typing something.

sexyness

I think if you think something will look good on our characters, I don't think it's too much to ask to show us why.

Thoughts?

This would be super cool. Of course, if you do this you might want to limit how many ideas a person can send in; you don't wanna get overwhelmed by someone sending in 20+ ideas for a single character.
    ·
    I like this Idea.
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    Yeah I loved recoloring Parasoul so I'm all for that.

If I wasn't kneedeep in school work and other things I'd have made many more.

I think I will anyway.
    ·
  • Agent 54cAgent 54c I are a penguin! Joined: Posts: 393
    Little Lulu for Peacock.
    Spoiler:
    Profound sadness is profound.
    ·
  • Blackout 2021Blackout 2021 SHE-HULK SMASH Joined: Posts: 407
    I am all for that idea. That's actually much better than having all of us spout *insert random character palette here* for an idea. I might be able to make that musclebob buffpants palette I suggested for Cerabella a while ago.
    AKA The Metal Face
    ·
    <snippage>

Thoughts?

You betcha. I'd be happy to take a stab or two. If you could post up an image of each character that delineates each modifiable section of their body/outfit that'd help a bunch.
    ·
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭

http://i.imgur.com/Aal9G.png

Thoughts?
    I'd love some templates to play around with. It would be nicer than the well of pics and suggestions we have thus far.
    ·
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    snip

I like it, but any chance you could get Alex to release the colour map version? It would make it a lot easier for us peons to edit it that way.

I think this should be a competition that you could hold on the main Skullgirls site and run it through all the channels, like here, dustloop, facebook etc etc to see who can come up with a good colour combo. You should stress the point of making original colours though, but i don't think that'll stop some people from creating some reference colours anyway.
    ·
    Looking into the contest now... may start it in mid-October, if we get the go-ahead from Autumn's legal department.

Even if it doesn't happen, I'll get some templates for people to play with in the thread!
    I like it, but any chance you could get Alex to release the colour map version? It would make it a lot easier for us peons to edit it that way.

I'll talk to Brian and figure out what's easiest, but I'd imagine it would, in fact, be a color map.
    ·
    One of these for each character will be sufficient:
    Spoiler:

If you're thinking official contests, I propose a second category in addition to the palette ideas: original fanart
    ·
    Just throwing this out there since it was the most popular suggestion I had.

Might go back and just make the entire upper garment red now that I think about it..
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • Firekid2468Firekid2468 Keep the Flag Flying Joined: Posts: 922
    ^Is that a Yukiko palette?
    BB: Makoto, Noel
    MvC3: X-23/Wesker/Strider
    SG: Filia/Squigly/M. Fortune
    RTSD all day, erry day.
    ·
    No.

Kill yourself.
    ·
  • Joe YabukiJoe Yabuki Murcielago Joined: Posts: 1,280
    Purple, for everyone.
    Catherine is a better fighting game than *insert game here*
    ·
  • Firekid2468Firekid2468 Keep the Flag Flying Joined: Posts: 922
    No.

Kill yourself.

okay.jpeg

Is it an original?
    BB: Makoto, Noel
    MvC3: X-23/Wesker/Strider
    SG: Filia/Squigly/M. Fortune
    RTSD all day, erry day.
    ·
  • ZebsterZebster How's my volume? Joined: Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭✭
    Clever, but you forgot to make the glasses red/orange/yellow (can't tell). I'll see if I can think up some interesting original palettes or color one that was suggested already.
    3DS Friend Code: 1392-4119-7524
    3DS name: Zebster
    SSB4 main/secondary: Wario/Luigi
    ·
  • QuinkanFranBattlesQuinkanFranBattles I am so weirdass to you. Joined: Posts: 65
    ... Ok I will bite. Abe from Oddworld Squiggly. I am also going to repeat myself and say dr. nefarious Peacock
    Spoiler:
    Needed to get this out of my system.
    Thinkin about Quinkan, Ratchet & Clank, and Skull Girls ... EVERY DAY!
    It's all being watched over by the many creatures in my Wonderplane.
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭
    Can Ms Fortune have a Felicia and Cheetara palette?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    I still haven't got the yay or nay on flashing color effects.
    ·
  • not_so_saintnot_so_saint so casual it isn't even funny Joined: Posts: 14
    1). +1 on Buggy the Clown from One Piece. Because he have detachable body parts.
    Spoiler:
    2). Nami from One Piece. Because she is Cat Burglar and outfits are somewhat similair. And I am One Piece fan. Whaddya know.
    Spoiler:
    3). Celty Sturluson from Durarara!! Because she is female headless rider AND there are cat ears on her helm! If she's not fiting cosplay for Forty, I honestly dont know who is.
    Spoiler:
    ARE YOU OKAY? BUUUUUSTAAAAA WOOOOOOOLF!
    ·
    I still haven't got the yay or nay on flashing color effects.

As far as I know, we can't do that.
    ·
  • lurch_E_beanlurch_E_bean Joined: Posts: 243
    Looking into the contest now... may start it in mid-October, if we get the go-ahead from Autumn's legal department.

Even if it doesn't happen, I'll get some templates for people to play with in the thread!

I'll talk to Brian and figure out what's easiest, but I'd imagine it would, in fact, be a color map.

One of those funky rainbow sprites and a color map file for each character would be awesome. I remember finding the color maps in the sprite rips of BlazBlue and it was a lot of fun figuring out how they worked and making my own stuff.

Also, more original colors would be welcome, instead of more "I want a <obscure anime character #77295> palette for Filia!"
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    I'm not sure how much they can change regarding individual body parts, but a Flandre palette would look AWESOME on Peacock:
    Spoiler:

The eyes on her arms colored like her wings. I think it would look pretty cool.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how much they can change regarding individual body parts, but a Flandre palette would look AWESOME on Peacock:

The eyes on her arms colored like her wings. I think it would look pretty cool.
    Uchinan (i'm butchering his name) said the eyes can't be colored individual a while back.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭
    I guess I'll throw one in for Parasoul.

Maria Renard, SOTN:
    Spoiler:
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Uchinan (i'm butchering his name) said the eyes can't be colored individual a while back.
    Damn, such a shame... it could look incredible.

But oh well. At least we'll have tons of other awesome colors.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    ·
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    Spoiler:

Callie from Swat Kats for a Ms. Fortune Palette.
    Spoiler:

Oblina from Ahh! Real Monsters for Squiggly.

-Tha Hindu
    ·
  • Mad MistressMad Mistress Seimei wannabe Joined: Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Get us the templates and then it will allow for people to only suggest things which actually work.

I cannae wait cap'n!
    Waifus: Litchi, Lambda-11, Mu-12, Shizuka, Ende, Yukiko, Chie, Saki, Dorothy, Lilica, Leona, King, Angel, Akira, Natsu, Hibiki, Kojiroh.
    Hazubandos: Akuma, Hakumen, Valkenhayn, Donovan, Gallon, Genjuro, Basara, Dio, Bison.
    Harems: Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel, Murica/Viper/Hulk, Dormammu/Hsien-Ko/Akuma, Beatrice/Virgilia, Rosa/Virgilia.
    Dat gamez: KOF98/2K2UM/13, SamSho4, SFA2/3, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Jojos BA, GG, AH3, P4A, MVC2/UMVC3, BB, Ougon, Skullgirls, Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen, Phantom Breaker Extra.
    ·
    Sentinel alt for Peacock.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
    Spoiler:
    Next color map better not be uploaded as a jpeg or posted on this forum as a jpeg.

Edit: is it working now?
    ·
    Spoiler:
    Next color map better not be uploaded as a jpeg or posted on this forum as a jpeg.
    Is there supposed to be a picture there? All I see is an error message where a picture should be.
    ·
  • ihateM.O.D.O.K.ihateM.O.D.O.K. Cry for me! Joined: Posts: 1,727

<picture snipped>

Thoughts?

Seems like a great idea.
    "For a fighting game forum, I've never seen a bunch of people hate fighting games more than SRK."
    ·
    Sentinel alt for Peacock.
    Scratch that, MANGO Sentinel alt for Peacock.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • not_so_saintnot_so_saint so casual it isn't even funny Joined: Posts: 14
    Pea-freakin'-Cock? O_o
    Sounds kinky =]
    ARE YOU OKAY? BUUUUUSTAAAAA WOOOOOOOLF!
    ·
    Is there supposed to be a picture there? All I see is an error message where a picture should be.
    yeah there should be a picture there(and yes i did see the picture even before the edit).

edit:link in case you still can't see it
    http://i.imgur.com/2yqvE.png
    ·
    yeah there should be a picture there(and yes i did see the picture even before the edit).

edit:link in case you still can't see it
    http://i.imgur.com/2yqvE.png
    Looks kinda weird (the legs).
    ·
    yeah i'm not done. I was in the middle of basing it off one of my chun li edits for 3s. and i painted the arms red and got another idea.
    ·