Skullgirls SRK wiki project

PizzarinoPizzarino Pikachu gave his life for scienceJoined: Posts: 420
EDIT: Hey go check this out: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls

Just throwing this out there, Skulldudes:

I submitted an application for SRK wiki access a few days ago. No reply yet, but understandable considering they made that front page writer application posting in the same week. I'm not going out of my way to press any mods to approve me just yet, but I am actively working on wiki material already. I have pages already done for the 4 existing characters that include complete accurate move lists and all move names and properties that have been publicly shown so far. Details currently behind NDAs will come in due time. I was tempted to first post 4 complete character threads on this forum last night, but then that wouldn't be any fun for anyone else, would it?

I have a Skullgirls basic controls and game systems page in progress, and it will be huge. It would be nice to live up to the example set by the Super Turbo wiki. I understand Master Chibi is working on a FAQ thread for this forum, so if anyone else out there has an instinct to write out guide material for this game reply or send me a PM and we can collaborate.

Examples of some things I'd like to see:
• Send me an already done movelist. I'll lay out a character thread in this forum, add written move descriptions, add basic strategy tips or a character synopsis, and be more than happy to port this work over to the SRK Skullgirls wiki when it's up.
• Show me a WIP game systems page. I'll poke at it and write out the most thrilling "hold back to block" section you've ever seen in your life, then add all the loose information from the Reverge posts and interviews that are already online.
• I have the photoshop skills to add Skullgirls themed custom icons and symbols to pretty up any wiki page.

The MVC3 wiki was very complete and very useful right as the game was released. We have a little less hype pushing Skullgirls, but if all of us enthusiasts in community can start working together now and keep it going for the next few months we can give this awesome new game the same treatment.
SRK Skullgirls Wiki: Do it for the children

Comments

• Dr. GrammarDr. Grammar Fighting Game Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,726
    I'd be interested in working on this in whatever way I can. At the moment, I would mainly work on the game systems section, since that's what I'm most familiar with. I could also help with creating a basic skeleton for the wiki, which I'm assuming we would base off the MvC3 Hyper Guide.

Does anyone have a Skullgirls logo we can use? It should be at least around 150px vertically and transparent.
    #SFxT @ Rizon - It's better than SRK
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/29725/1791130-5591051297_fe45a2d864_b.jpg

I could make it transparent by using the magic wand but that ends up making it look all jagged. Someone else who has more photoshop skills than I should do that.

Edit: Found this
    http://skullgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/SG_Logo_Transparent.png
    SG_Logo_Transparent.png
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • RavidrathRavidrath Joined: Posts: 761
    Or I could just e-mail someone supporting assets, or give Pizzarino a dump next time he's in the office.
  • Luckydude23Luckydude23 Anime girls, all day. Joined: Posts: 505
    Or I could just e-mail someone supporting assets, or give Pizzarino a dump next time he's in the office.

That would be godlike Rav. As long as we spread the word around about the game, then all is good!
  • PizzarinoPizzarino Pikachu gave his life for science Joined: Posts: 420
    I've put up a main page and 3 character pages! Move lists here should be accurate. Anyone interested in helping lay out formatting say what's up!

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
    Looks good so far. I just made a couple minor spelling corrections.

Edit: We don't need to prefix the pages with "SG". The "Skullgirls/" prefix is good enough.
  • not_so_saintnot_so_saint so casual it isn't even funny Joined: Posts: 14
    Advanced tactics for Bella are SO overcomplicated! =]
    ARE YOU OKAY? BUUUUUSTAAAAA WOOOOOOOLF!
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    Hey, you can take the stuff I put in the Cerebella thread and the others when I finish them on the wiki. Just give me credit for it. I've gone pretty in depth with the information.

-Tha Hindu
    Update: Parasoul and Ms Fortune pages are up!

Want list: Prettier character infobox, a template for individual moves, Ms Fortune info.
    Update: In a nutsell descriptions of the current cast of 4 have been added based on my limited play experience.

A new table format for the movelists have been added to better resemble other SRK wiki guides. In James Chen we trust. It's only in Cerebella right now so give feedback if you can!

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/Cerebella

Want list: Prettier character infobox, Ms. Fortune gameplay (so I can post her movelist), more hit property graphics.
    For the normal moves, instead of having 3 separate tables, I think it should just be one table. In the 'Command' column, use things like "d + lp" for crouching moves and "air lp" for jumping moves. For the 'Name' column, "Standing Light Punch", "Crouching Light Punch", "Jumping Light Punch", etc.
    I've been told more normal moves will get names, so everything gets a blank for now. All move names that are in already are as stated by Reverge people or as they've appeared in the custom assist dialogue.

Having the normals separated like that is just my personal style choice. It's a wiki so if you can tweak it and make it better go right ahead.
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/MsFortune

This couldn't possibly be an accurate movelist, could it?
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    Seems like everything is turning out quite nicely :).

-Tha Hindu
    Whoever added that Ms. Fortune info, thank you fur the wonder purrsent.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    New stuff is getting added to the wiki all the time! Expect accurate Ms. Fortune updates direct from Reverge balance testing later this week. Expect a complete Painwheel move list as soon as the character is shown in full.

Current needs:
    Final character select screen shot to fully explain team choices.
    Final gameplay screen shot to fully explain the HUD details.
    Final values for move damage (all characters).
    More feedback from people who have more than 5 seconds of playtime. Advanced Tactics are going to be blank until the game is out, but getting together a list of the top 5-8 most crucial moves per character should be possible.
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544

Full list of universal commands:
    LP+LK / B+LP+LK = throw (to tech a throw, press Throw)
    any 2 punches together = dash / airdash if your character can airdash
    while in blockstun, any 2 punches together = pushblock
    when knocked down, hold F or B and press any button = ground recovery
    MP+MK = tag 1
    HP+HK = tag 2 (note - either tag command can be used if only one other ally is alive)
    LP+MK / LK+MP = assist 1
    MP+HK / MK+HP = assist 2 (note - any assist command can be used it only one other ally is alive)
    - anything that changes team order is with tag -
    D,DF,F+tag command = Snapback (takes one level of meter; either tag command works if only two enemy characters are alive; causes wallbounce if only one enemy remains)
    while in blockstun, F+tag command = Stunt Double (exchange places with your chosen partner, who then performs their assist command; either tag command can be used if only one ally is alive; can be performed in the air)

perform any super with the next-in-line character while the screen background is changed for a super = DHC.
    D,DB,B+any 2 punches together = level 3 super, when conditions permit. So far these are all the same, I guess it counts as universal?
    Want to start up the universal commands page?
    I'm just going to go ahead and post this to make things very clear.
    skullgirlsteamratios.png
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    I likes me a pretty chart, but I don't know if I like representing the different values as R1/R2/R3. The most immediate issue is that if you were Desora and running a ratio 4 Raiden in CVS2, you were running a solo character. With CVS2 logic and your chart a solo character is R1 and has the least overall stats in 1v1, but is R3 if the opponent picks a 2 or 3 character team. A 2 character team can be at R1, R2, or R3 stats depending on the opponent and 3 characters can be at R1 and R2 only.

But it gets even more confusing than that, because when actually talking about the game with their human ears and mouths people seem to instinctively want to call a solo character "ratio 1".

Individual characters on a smaller team will always deal more damage have have more life than individual characters on a larger team. The exact life and damage percentages depend on the matchup such that the game keeps a consistent timer and is still balanced around 2 out of 3 rounds for 1v1 teams.

I think it's easy enough to explain in a couple of sentences without mentioning a ratio!
    I can always change it or remove the R1/2/3. It could be Level 1/2/3 instead. And a 2 character team can't be Level 3, they'll only ever be level 1 or 2.
    What I had hoped to explain by colouring the team sizes is that each level represents the team on the left, so when you see 1v2 the level/ratio corresponds to the "1" not the "2". So a 1 character team will always be at level 3 unless facing another solo team. A trio team will always be at level 1 unless facing another trio team, and a duo team will always be level 2 unless facing another duo team.

Besides, I'm only listing it as the game is. It's not my fault the ratios/levels differ depending on team sizes. lol

Here's a different version if it makes it any clearer.
    skullgirlsteamlevels.png

skullgirlsteamdifferences.png
    You could always drop off the 3rd column and just leave it without the label.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Guys we should not use word "ratio" in Skullgirls. There aren't ratios in this game. New people who didn't play CvS doesn't need to read about ratios. It will drive them out of the way.
    That was main reason why I started nomenclature discussion in the main thread.
    If you talking about your team of choice just state names of characters - reader can count them himself. If you talking about specific character in team of specific size you can use abbreviations such as T1/T2/T3 (which standing for "Team of 1/2/3" or "Tier 1/2/3") before character's name. Or you can use letters S/D/T before name (which means "Single (or Solo)"/"Duo"/"Team (or Trio)"). It will be easier to understand for new players.
    Just don't use ratios please. Because THERE'S NO RATIOS IN SG. Strength distributes evenly. Don't cause confusion.
    Peace =3
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    Mike Z is saying R2.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Mike Z is saying R2.
    I know. Because he get this whole idea from CvS. And it's easier for him to explain this system to other seasoned players like this. But since he actually CHANGED this system it seems logical to change nomenclature.

In CvS ratio was actually important, because you could distributed power WITHIN a team. So you had two numbers: team size and ratio for each character. But in SG power distributes evenly. So the only number depends is a team size. Why should you use two different numbers when one is enough? Seems overcomplicated. @_@

And it really can confuse new player. Because R3 MF is actually character from team size 1, and R1 MF is character from team size 3.
    So why he should use R1 label when in-game he really selected "team of THREE" in the menu. It's just doesn't seems right to me.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    New players are going to be confused anyway. If they weren't, they wouldn't be new.

Having R123 or Lv123 labels for the stats will make labeling the damage easier. As you can see, the damage isn't based solely on your team size but your team size and theirs. It's not as easy as saying "Solo Cerebella: COMBO GOES HERE 500 DMG"
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    New players are going to be confused anyway. If they weren't, they wouldn't be new.

Having R123 or Lv123 labels for the stats will make labeling the damage easier. As you can see, the damage isn't based solely on your team size but your team size and theirs. It's not as easy as saying "Solo Cerebella: COMBO GOES HERE 500 DMG"
    I think "Lv" is the least confusing term for things like damage output. After all, even if you're playing a solo character, that character could still either be at Lv.1 or Lv.3 depending on the matchup.
    I'm saving that image to use as a legend for the eventually combo threads.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    Real confusion is that TS1 = R3 while TS3 = R1. So if you talking about R1vR3 combo you can alternatively call it T3vT1 combo.
    But if you just saying 1v3 then I can't really tell them apart. So new player will read that combo description and ask: "So you said 1. Does that mean I should go to character select screen and choose that big shining 1 for single character?"
    And you will: "Hell no! 1 means ratio 1 which is in fact 3 characters. So you should pick 3 to get 1! =)"
    And he wil "Wait what?! What are those ratios all about? O_o"
    So what you should tell him next? "You know there was game called CvS2 which kinda has nothing to do with THIS game but we just keep using that old numbers purely for style. Isn't it cool? ^_^" THAT will be confusing IMO...
  • AusdrakeAusdrake The Blunder from Downunder Joined: Posts: 268
    It might be my compulsive tendencies to label and organise things more than your average folk, but I'm in agreeance with Saint. The actual nomenclature used (be it, R/Lv/S-D-T) doesn't matter, the fact that 1 means 3 and 3 means 1 is just counter intuitive (and if you do use the term Ratio, then it's completely inaccurate). If people are still determined to use R1/R2/R3 then swap the numbers so R1 is a single character and R3 is part of a 3 man team.
    Real confusion is that TS1 = R3 while TS3 = R1. So if you talking about R1vR3 combo you can alternatively call it T3vT1 combo.
    But if you just saying 1v3 then I can't really tell them apart. So new player will read that combo description and ask: "So you said 1. Does that mean I should go to character select screen and choose that big shining 1 for single character?"
    And you will: "Hell no! 1 means ratio 1 which is in fact 3 characters. So you should pick 3 to get 1! =)"
    And he wil "Wait what?! What are those ratios all about? o_O"
    So what you should tell him next? "You know there was game called CvS2 which kinda has nothing to do with THIS game but we just keep using that old numbers purely for style. Isn't it cool? ^_^" THAT will be confusing IMO...
    Nope.

All I will do is copy paste this
    skullgirlsteamratios.png
    It might be my compulsive tendencies to label and organise things more than your average folk, but I'm in agreeance with Saint. The actual nomenclature used (be it, R/Lv/S-D-T) doesn't matter, the fact that 1 means 3 and 3 means 1 is just counter intuitive (and if you do use the term Ratio, then it's completely inaccurate). If people are still determined to use R1/R2/R3 then swap the numbers so R1 is a single character and R3 is part of a 3 man team.

Because that makes more sense when the ratio isn't based on just your team size?
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    Nope.

All I will do is copy paste this
    skullgirlsteamratios.png

Which is good, because it's based on team sizes.
    Because that makes more sense when the ratio isn't based on just your team size?
    On what is it based then? o_O
    Which is good, because it's based on team sizes.

On what is it based then? o_O
    The size of BOTH teams

Your team's stats depends on your team size and the opponent's team size, which is plainly shown in the image you quoted.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    The size of BOTH teams

Your team's stats depends on your team size and the opponent's team size, which is plainly shown in the image you quoted.
    Okay, my bad. For description of combos you need to consider both sides.
    But my 1=3, 3=1 complain still suffice. You can see from table that R3 describes single character usage (3=1), when R1 describes mostly teams of 3 (1=3). And there is no big reason for such a mess...
    But my 1=3, 3=1 complain still suffice. You can see from table that R3 describes single character usage (3=1), when R1 describes mostly teams of 3 (1=3). And there is no big reason for such a mess...
    No, this is not correct. "R3" (I still prefer "Lv.3") can only be assigned to a solo character, but they are not the same thing. A solo character can either be R3/Lv.3 or R1/Lv.1 depending on the size of the opponent's team. Similarly, teams of 2 and 3 can either be Lv.2 or Lv.1 depending on the size of the opponent's team.
    Yeah, well that's the way the game is. You can't really change it. You can try to switch the labels, but you'll still have an inverted number that doesn't match the team size.

I think using Lv.1/2/3 is probably the clearest way to describe the different power levels because a level denotes strength whereas a ratio sounds more like a comparison. Your team is weakest when at Lv.1 and it's strongest when at Lv.3. Much easier for new players.
    Yeah, well that's the way the game is. You can't really change it. You can try to switch the labels, but you'll still have an inverted number that doesn't match the team size.
    So it will be like "Power Level"? Like your strength and health is getting better from 1 to 3 hence number order? If it's so then I'm with Dr. Grammar - we should call those Levels instead of Ratios. Because it's not like you distributes something, you just gaining greater boosts.

Also I did some minor calculation about those pairings - I found number of "combos" or "mix-ups" you should land with one character on opponent's team to kill them all.
    Each "combo" is fictitious string of hits which deals 14300 in 1v1 match (just for the sake of round numbers). Please note that in all cases "combo" stays the same but dmg amplifies accordingly to Jem's table. Here we go, your team size is on the left, opponent's size above:

____|_1ch |_2ch |_3ch |
    1ch_|_ 1__| 1,31 | 1,71 |
    2ch_| 1,54 |_ 2__| 2,31 |
    3ch_|_ 2__|_2,3_| 2,65 |
    Filia, Cerebella, Peacock, and Parasoul now have move names for their complete move lists. Horray!
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/SG_GameSystems

Tons of stuff being added here. FFFEEEDDDBBBAAACCCKKKK... Your delicious brains are what I crave.

1312647154170.jpg
    I think when noting that hitting two punches gives you a dash, you should have it say PP, or the white punch icon with "x2" next to it, instead of 2P because 2P is like saying crouch punch.

And Pushblock doesn't soften chip damage, it just negates red life damage.

And I think the Life and Damage section's team sizes should be listed like this:

1v1, 2v2, 3vX = 100% Life, 100% Damage
    2vX, 3v3 = 115% Life, 130% Damage
    1vX = 200% Life, 175% Damage

Or you could use my little chart.
    This one:
    skullgirlsteamdifferences.png
    I could edit out the right part if you want.
    1v1, 2v2, 3v1, 3v2 = 100% Life, 100% Damage
    2v1, 2v3, 3v3 = 115% Life, 130% Damage
    1v2, 1v3 = 200% Life, 175% Damage
    Fixed. Addressing all possible team size combinations helps reduce confusion.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME